Health New Coronavirus in China

ABO and Rh blood type distribution by country (population averages)

L8liCGI.png

HaPkQNR.png

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_GDP_(nominal)

While this will surely impact the U.S. economy, the USA will probably fare the storm better. Such as in times of austerity, the rich are better insulated from hardships.

In the valley of the blind, the one-eyed man is king.

There is also an important caveat to all of this, the travel ban does not apply to the UK, who will probably be a middle man for European goods, I would guess.

At first, I thought this could be a Chernobyl-like disaster for the communist party in China; causing them to collapse. But perhaps it is the Chernobyl of the current order of globalization.

FYI, these are merely my observations. I think this is a power-play by the Trump administration to change the world order. The USA became the single world power in the aftermath of destruction from WWII. Perhaps the Trump administration see this as an opportunity to seize power once again, to create a uni-polar world.

Here is the address from last night:

These one is very sharp:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NYUP95sw1IM

CNN is a partisan news channel, let's look at the facts

(Before you say the same for Fox, which is true; it is solely a video of the address that I posted.)

People like Bernie Sanders only has a 14.8% chance of dying from Covid-19. Perhaps higher, since he has a heart condition.

hDpz9o3.png

(Before you say the same for Fox, which is true; it is solely a video of the address that I posted.)

People like Bernie Sanders only has a 14.8% chance of dying from Covid-19. Perhaps higher, since he has a heart condition.

hDpz9o3.png

I already thought that you reacted that way. Not what the man is saying. But it's CNN so....it's false. Don't have to listen anymore.

I say listen to him, and reply the points that he is making.

The dead change of Bernie Sanders is with all the respect a straw man in your reply.....

In the valley of the blind, the one-eyed man is king.......

Some want to stay in the valley....

I already thought that you reacted that way. Not what the man is saying. But it's CNN so....it's false. Don't have to listen anymore.

I say listen to him, and reply the points that he is making.

The dead change of Bernie Sanders is with all the respect a straw man in your reply.....

[/I]

Some want to stay in the valley....

So what you are saying is that you are intentionally trying to antagonize me? I suggest you do not do that.

Everyone in my family is type O, with my Dad throwing some variety in by being Rh negative, which means I'm a carrier.

So what you are saying is that you are intentionally trying to antagonize me? I suggest you do not do that.

What I say is that you judge a book by the cover (it's CNN so i don't take it serious).

I suggest to reply the analysis on a precise, cultivated and rationalized way......he states a lot of things based on clips and tweets of Trump not based on fake news.

When these Don is wrong he is wrong but then I need a counterfactual analysis. That's not antagonize that's a play for a sharp rational response......

Why is Don wrong?

What I say i that you judge a book by the cover (it's CNN so i don't take it serious).

I suggest to reply the analysis on a precise, cultivated and rationalized way......he states a lot of things based on clips and tweets of Trump not based on fake news.

When these Don is wrong he is wrong but than I need a counterfactual analysis. That's not antagonize that's a play for a sharp rational response......

Why is Don wrong?

Why on earth would Trump want to stoke hysteria in the United States? How would that be conducive to helping the situation?

I do watch CNN occasionally, and the hysteria, and rhetoric coming from that channel on this topic is uncalled for.

I don't need to unpack Don Lemon's comments, when I have the actual fact to look at; posted above.

Gas lighting people? Don Lemon is a fool.

Why on earth would Trump want to stoke hysteria in the United States? How would that be conducive to helping the situation?

I do watch CNN occasionally, and the hysteria, and rhetoric coming from that channel on this topic is uncalled for.

I don't need to unpack Don Lemon's comments, when I have the actual fact to look at; posted above.

You are sure that you want a honest reaction of me on that questions? Because I can't assure you that this contains some thing that could (not should) agonize you....

So may be it's better not to do so.

IMO the Don analysis was filleting but If he used for example fake tweets or fake clips of Trump than it's indeed hysteria.....That's why I would see a counterfactual analysis.

You are sure that you want a honest reaction of me on that questions? Because I can't assure you that this contains some thing that could (not should) agonize you....

So may be it's better not to do so.

IMO the Don analysis was filleting but If he used for example fake tweets or fake clips of Trump than it's indeed hysteria.....That's why I would see a counterfactual analysis.

This was your motive to begin with:

Obviously you can take snippets of what people say, and take things out of context, hack-journalists do it often.

Again,

Why on earth would the POTUS want to stoke hysteria? How would that be conducive to helping the situation?

This was your motive to begin with:

Obviously you can take snippets of what people say, and take things out of context, hack-journalists do it often.

Again,

Why on earth would the POTUS want to stoke hysteria? How would that be conducive to helping the situation?

My observations, so my opinion. I see a man that is projecting, it's a 'foreign virus' or a 'China virus' and 'corona is a democratic hoax' . Projecting is mostly done when there is no clear direction of policy. Pointing with fingers is IMO not a symptom of statesmanship. In this times your country and the world, because I consider the president of the US still as one of the key figures of the 'Western world', needs a very clear statesman. A statesman has vision can lead and unite a country especially in tough times. He doesn't because that's not his style, that is not part of his competencies.

The world is desperate in need for someone like Helmut Schmidt that was a statesman and especially a very big crisismanager!

https://www.dw.com/en/former-chance...en-crisis-manager-and-chain-smoker/a-46816335

Normally I can't see Northener's posts since I've put him on ignore. However, I can see them when he's quoted by someone responding.

This constant interjection of politics, of pitting his country versus the US, is completely over the line: stupid, insensitive, needlessly provocative. That someone could think that at this moment in time when we all need to pull together, and stay calm and unstressed, this is helpful is totally beyond me.

If this doesn't stop, Northener, and I mean RIGHT NOW you are going to be banned for life.

One more such comment, one more attempt to play gotcha, and you're out of here.

AM I CLEAR???

maybe we should wait a couple more days for confirmation but,
in Italy the daily number of new cases seems to have stabilised since 14 march and the number of daily deaths since 15 march

they say Belgium is lagging 10 days, the situation is not clear yet, there are 14 deaths till now

but extrapolating this today, I would estimate the total death toll would be some 500 in total,
while economical dammage through measures taken would be 16 billion € and up

it's to soon to draw conclusions yet, but I'll re-evaluate day by day

Normally I can't see Northener's posts since I've put him on ignore. However, I can see them when he's quoted by someone responding.

This constant interjection of politics, of pitting his country versus the US, is completely over the line: stupid, insensitive, needlessly provocative. That someone could think that at this moment in time when we all need to pull together, and stay calm and unstressed, this is helpful is totally beyond me.

If this doesn't stop, Northener, and I mean RIGHT NOW you are going to be banned for life.

One more such comment, one more attempt to play gotcha, and you're out of here.

AM I CLEAR???

Is this just aimed to warn me or....do you want a straight and honest answer/reply?

Is this just aimed to warn me or....do you want a straight and honest answer/reply?

I want you to shut up unless you have helpful data on Coronavirus or something uplifting to say, and I don't mean gotcha comments.

It's been clear you don't pick up on social cues, but this was a clear directive.

Follow it.

I want you to shut up unless you have helpful data on Coronavirus or something uplifting to say, and I don't mean gotcha comments.

It's been clear you don't pick up on social cues, but this was a clear directive.

Follow it.

That's very well agreed. And I count on you that's the basic agreement for all members......I guess it's not all members are equal but some members are more equal than others.

Fine!!

hDpz9o3.png

The whole problem with all the projections is that we don't know the "denominator" if you will, the true number of the infected. People who are being tested are in almost all cases, I think, people who were in contact with infected people, or who presented with some sort of illness, even if it was just a cold.

So, I went back over the data in the controlled study in the village near Padova, where 90% of the population was tested. What is surprising to me is the low percent of infected, which was under 5%. If that number was pretty much on par for the Veneto, how could the ICU units be filling up so fast?

Was it that it was a moment frozen in time? If they weren't doing the study, could the number of infected have been exponentially larger over the next two or three days?

Is it because this was a small village, and the larger cities had exponentially larger percentages of the infected?

Was the percent of infected in Lombardia so much greater? There is no question that this has brought their hospitals to the verge of collapse, and they have more ICU units proportionally than the U.S. does.

As I'm sure you know, we have to keep in mind that the issue is not really the absolute number of people who HAVE died, or even what percent of the population has died as of now, or will be seen to have died after lock downs are in place, but what percent of the population WOULD die (and what percent of people over 60 as a subgroup) if there was 100% exposure of the population.

Another factor is, of course, the hospitals, as we've discussed.

One can't look at the number of people who would die of this in an ideal hospital setting. If hospitals can't accommodate a sudden rush of people who need ICU, then, depending, of course, on numbers and capacity, triage is going to have to happen. Piemonte has issued a directive that in those cases, people over 80 are on the bottom of the list. I'm not arguing, but it's horrifying. That's not what we should have to be doing.

The other factor is that all other patients will suffer. Are heart patients, people on dialysis, people who have cancer, going to suffer?

If a cancer patient needs to go into the hospital every week for blood tests, what's going to happen to him or her? Are they going to be getting quality care? On top of everything else, they're going to be exposed, when they really should be quarantined.

Sorry to sound like Cassandra all the time, but when I get anxious, my default position is to research and compute all the possibilities. :)

France just went in total lockdown.
I wonder whether this will be sustainable in the long run.

I guess the Benelux and Germany are the only one left that has not closed the borders to each other....or is this already changed?
We have to live three weeks in quarantaine, feels like living under a stone.....

This thread has been viewed 702969 times.

Back