Y-DNA haplogroup
G2a3a
mtDNA haplogroup
X2b
@ Pixelles

+1 from me

that kind of nationalism is going to grow more on Balkan countries next years,
Stupidity is used for propaganda and many times pushed by media or book shops,
in my country some, this kind, nationalists even claim that Greek came from Andromeda and they always have 'scientif proves'.
Stupidity sells, every body wants to hear that he is unique, a son of God, or a chosen one,

Such guys are dangerous to humanity
Especially when their Ideas are adopted by State.

PS
before 15 years another crup book writer in my country wrote such things,
he was even claiming about scientic proves works etc.
his ideas and myths pass to some people who wanted to be 'someones'
cheap Tv channels promoted for fun,
the result, after a statistic, was that a number of Neo-Nazi party in my country started by him.
tired of poverty, unemployment, religion, politics, they find shelter and relieve in the idea of extra 'pure' 'heroic' 'noble' being.

PS 2
in 1967-1974 Dictators make show with athletes, actors, even soldierds and volunteers,
showing common people how the ancient people fight big battles,
the times of nuclear bomb, some dreamed the spear and sword.
we are leaving the days of stupidity

Such guys are not even nationalists, they don't care for the nation and their people,
they care only about money, position, POLITICAL POWER, and PERSONAL PROFIT
they are the same guys who had power before, and when people move away from them they will find new ideas to make you follow them,
Avoid them, they are masters in twisting, lies, hypocricy and very dangerous.
they believe they are the smarter person on Earth and chosen by Gods.

Guys and girls, I'm not a linguist. As you might have noticed I usually just reply on the topics that include the Albanian language in it. I do it because I'm tired of these nationalists, they're destroying the future of my country. They live in Wonderland, they believe that the Ancient Egyptians were speaking some sort of Proto-Albanian dialects along Ancient Greeks and Ancient Romans, because even these ones were 'Albanians' stand to these pothead nationalists. My point is to show them that Albanian is not a Gods' language but just a random IE language. About my IP and flag usage, I used the Canadian flag mostly because I love Canada. It's true that for now I live in Albania despite I might move in Canada. But the point was, I used the Canadian flag to avoid spam from the Albanian members, they usually call a traitor anyone that doesn't like their stupid propaganda. I want the future generations of Albania to live in the reality and not with romantic nationalist dreams

:ashamed2: wow you have put all us stupid nationalists in our place

That wasn't my goal. I was just pointing out that Albanian isn't some sort of super ancient language or whatever the Albanian nationalism claims.

It's really curious, even I would like to hear more about this.

Well you have the Armenian քար(k'ar), no big deal anyway.

Guys and girls, I'm not a linguist. As you might have noticed I usually just reply on the topics that include the Albanian language in it. I do it because I'm tired of these nationalists, they're destroying the future of my country. They live in Wonderland, they believe that the Ancient Egyptians were speaking some sort of Proto-Albanian dialects along Ancient Greeks and Ancient Romans, because even these ones were 'Albanians' stand to these pothead nationalists. My point is to show them that Albanian is not a Gods' language but just a random IE language. About my IP and flag usage, I used the Canadian flag mostly because I love Canada. It's true that for now I live in Albania despite I might move in Canada. But the point was, I used the Canadian flag to avoid spam from the Albanian members, they usually call a traitor anyone that doesn't like their stupid propaganda. I want the future generations of Albania to live in the reality and not with romantic nationalist dreams.

I personally just retreat when nationalists start posting. However, I want to help real linguists around here, somehow.

There are scientists claiming that armenian has a caucasian substratum, so the trail is leading suspiciously back to the caucasian languages. Something slavic or germanic would be more convincing.
And nobody is saying that albanian is not IE, we're just saying small parts of it date before the Indo-Europeans came to the balkans, through linking it with basque and etruscan. This is nothing nationalistic or new, it's the pelazgo-illyrian theory that has been taught in albania for 50 yrs. Why should we deny evidence in our favor, to please our chauvinist neighbors.

Kamani

I live in Balkans, I know balkans well,

Basquez has nothing to with Etruscan.
Cardium pottery has nothing to do with Etruscans,

about Pelasgo-Illyrian I hear it first time by you,
IN FACT you know about a H.K. effort when Greece has dictatorship and A .Kolla.
He is the first who started that following same methods that you and Zeus10 use,
he claim the oposite, that Homer spoke Albanian, and Albanians are Ancient Greeks while greeks are Ottomans, and Pelasgian were IE from Pelagonia, and Albanian language was after Mycenean, and he felt in his theory later when he claim that Dorians were Albanians.

there is no Pelasgo-Illyrian theory neither Basquez-Illyrian, neither Etruscan-Illyrian,

Simply Herodotus story about Kadmus and Illyrus fits exactly with Arcado-cypriot Entrance in Greece, , and the Panoni Celts descent to Illyria, also a number of words that are considered Pelasgian remnants-relics in Albanian Language.
Gatepano's work also shows a linguistic connection with Egyptian and para-Egyptian,
that means that Balkans before Myceneans and Troyans were invaded from people from East mediterenean (they can be the Pelasgians), which fits the date Dienekes believes as entrance of E in Balkans aproximately around +_ 2000 BC

Just that,
Etruscans are the Pelasgian who never went to Illyria.
while Illyrians are the kadmeians who mix with Panoni Celt people,

Understand it, ancient Illyrians did not spoke Albanian,
Albanian is a north language that came to south Balkans later, and absorved all previous, Greek Romano-Latin Illyrian (Celt+Pelasgian)

man, plz stop seeing that behind every ancient word HG event person must be an Albanian word or person, etc
If I give a common word of Albanian with Uralic, then tomorrow you will tell us that Albanians are also Finns, or Finns spoke ancient Albanian!!
It is sick.

PS
I wonder if I say that Pelasgians could be the same with Phillistines, the next day you may say that Goliath was Albanian

PS 2
If I write what i hear in cheap Tv and cheap authors of Greek nationalism, all scientists and all words and languages and all cities and all big rulers and all inventions were done by Greeks,
as Priest say about God
''all done by them , and without them, nothing happened'
but it is crup philology, just for sell stupidity for those who want to feel 'extraordinary' or 'special'

Do you want to prove that you are 'extraordinary' or 'special'?

ancient Illyrians did not spoke Albanian

do you read the above absurdities Pixelles? Remember that the next time you want to help people that want to deny your history.

@ Pixelles

+1 from me

that kind of nationalism is going to grow more on Balkan countries next years,
Stupidity is used for propaganda and many times pushed by media or book shops,
in my country some, this kind, nationalists even claim that Greek came from Andromeda and they always have 'scientif proves'.
Stupidity sells, every body wants to hear that he is unique, a son of God, or a chosen one,

Such guys are dangerous to humanity
Especially when their Ideas are adopted by State.

PS
before 15 years another crup book writer in my country wrote such things,
he was even claiming about scientic proves works etc.
his ideas and myths pass to some people who wanted to be 'someones'
cheap Tv channels promoted for fun,
the result, after a statistic, was that a number of Neo-Nazi party in my country started by him.
tired of poverty, unemployment, religion, politics, they find shelter and relieve in the idea of extra 'pure' 'heroic' 'noble' being.

PS 2
in 1967-1974 Dictators make show with athletes, actors, even soldierds and volunteers,
showing common people how the ancient people fight big battles,
the times of nuclear bomb, some dreamed the spear and sword.
we are leaving the days of stupidity

Such guys are not even nationalists, they don't care for the nation and their people,
they care only about money, position, POLITICAL POWER, and PERSONAL PROFIT
they are the same guys who had power before, and when people move away from them they will find new ideas to make you follow them,
Avoid them, they are masters in twisting, lies, hypocricy and very dangerous.
they believe they are the smarter person on Earth and chosen by Gods.

Kamani

I live in Balkans, I know balkans well,

Basquez has nothing to with Etruscan.
Cardium pottery has nothing to do with Etruscans,

about Pelasgo-Illyrian I hear it first time by you,
IN FACT you know about a H.K. effort when Greece has dictatorship and A .Kolla.
He is the first who started that following same methods that you and Zeus10 use,
he claim the oposite, that Homer spoke Albanian, and Albanians are Ancient Greeks while greeks are Ottomans, and Pelasgian were IE from Pelagonia, and Albanian language was after Mycenean, and he felt in his theory later when he claim that Dorians were Albanians.

there is no Pelasgo-Illyrian theory neither Basquez-Illyrian, neither Etruscan-Illyrian,

Simply Herodotus story about Kadmus and Illyrus fits exactly with Arcado-cypriot Entrance in Greece, , and the Panoni Celts descent to Illyria, also a number of words that are considered Pelasgian remnants-relics in Albanian Language.
Gatepano's work also shows a linguistic connection with Egyptian and para-Egyptian,
that means that Balkans before Myceneans and Troyans were invaded from people from East mediterenean (they can be the Pelasgians), which fits the date Dienekes believes as entrance of E in Balkans aproximately around +_ 2000 BC

Just that,
Etruscans are the Pelasgian who never went to Illyria.
while Illyrians are the kadmeians who mix with Panoni Celt people,

Understand it, ancient Illyrians did not spoke Albanian,
Albanian is a north language that came to south Balkans later, and absorved all previous, Greek Romano-Latin Illyrian (Celt+Pelasgian)

man, plz stop seeing that behind every ancient word HG event person must be an Albanian word or person, etc
If I give a common word of Albanian with Uralic, then tomorrow you will tell us that Albanians are also Finns, or Finns spoke ancient Albanian!!
It is sick.

PS
I wonder if I say that Pelasgians could be the same with Phillistines, the next day you may say that Goliath was Albanian

PS 2
If I write what i hear in cheap Tv and cheap authors of Greek nationalism, all scientists and all words and languages and all cities and all big rulers and all inventions were done by Greeks,
as Priest say about God
''all done by them , and without them, nothing happened'
but it is crup philology, just for sell stupidity for those who want to feel 'extraordinary' or 'special'

Do you want to prove that you are 'extraordinary' or 'special'?

Seriously Yetos, you're totally escalating yourself into this. And I would like to remind you that this isn't the first time. You're also making a lot of ad-hoc assumptions and accusation about the Albanian board members which in my opinion is unjust towards them.

do you read the above absurdities Pixelles? Remember that the next time you want to help people that want to deny your history.

I am tired of this, and all your claims,

it is not me who tell this,
most modern linguists say so,
Albanian is northern language, belongs to Germanic baltic Slavic ones,
Illyrian belong to south-western languages, close to Romano-celtic ones
understand that,
none of modern scientists accept that Albanian language is Illyrian except if you raise a ghost of 1900.
now if you consider me enemy, I do not care,
from the time you enter your problem is me,
you enter forum just to face me as enemy,

WELL PEOPLE are smart and can judge your theories,
you even made Pharaoh Ramses Caucasian from a photo of the mummy just to claim that Balkanic E-V13 is Caucasian

I am not your enemy.
Your enemy is your shelf, the gosts you hunt just to say whatever in order to feel unique and extraordinary,

now you told us that Basquez exist in Albanian language.
SO WHAT KIND OF ISOLATION IS THAT?
YOU CLAIM THAT ALBANIAN IS PRIMITIVE MOTHER OF EUROPEAN AND IE LANGUAGES DUE TO ISOLATION,
AND NOW YOU TELL US THAT ALBANIA AND BASQUEZ HAVE COMMON, AND ALBANIAN AND ETRUSCAN HAVE COMMON,

HOW MANY LINGUISTIC FAMILIES SPRUNK FROM ALBANIA,
1 IE
2 Para-SEMITIC
3 BASQUEZ

so 3 MAJOR DIFFERENT LANGUAGES AMONG THEM EXIST IN ALBANIAN LANGUAGE?

OR 3 MAJOR DIFFERENT LINGUISTIC PARTIES PASS FROM ALBANIA?

the first is just stupidity, an oxymoron, from 1 language can not sprunk 3 tottaly different languages.
the second means no isolation, so yours and Zeus10 theory drops in Void cause your primary thesis was isolation of Albania and contineous connection with ancient Illyrian and primitive form,

I read before from you or Zeus that you claim that Albanian is Centum, cause of a aspiration, but what about Celtic-Illyrian,
they are Centum, have you check the aspiration among them? or you want another one to do that?
You even twisted Herodotus when he said that Pelasgians is the Iones, and you said that Aeolians (Γραιοι not Myceneans) were the Pelasgians,
BUT YOU WANT TO CLAIM THAT ALBANIANS ARE CELT-RELATIVE, AS HERODOTUS SAID
IF ALBANIAN LANGUAGE WAS FROM ILLYRIAN THEN IT SHOULD BE IN THE CELTIC FAMILY, NOT ALONE.
UNDERSTAND THAT, ILLYRIAN BELONG TO CELTIC LINGUISTIC FAMILY.

UNDERSTAND IT KAMANI. YOUR ENEMY IS YOU,
You make the theories and assumptions that drop to void your own theories,
the only you want is to create theories in the fog, so the others to discuss your crup, and you search the simple lie to make it big.

Oliver jenss Shmitt describes it very well,
that major part of modern Albanians are old the land, but Albanian language has nothing to with Illyrian and is new to the land, or a language newly created by mix,

YOU SEE ENEMIES EVERYWHERE, IN AIR IN FORUM IN LIFE IN SCIENCE. THE ONES WHO AMPLIFY YOU, ARE YOUR ENEMIES.
FROM YOUR FIRST POST YOU SAID THAT YOUR ENEMY IS ME AND I AM WEAK CAUSE I I LIKE WORD GAMES
YOU SEE ME AS ENEMY CAUSE I DON"T OBEY YOU, AS YOUR SOLDIERS IN THE CAMP.
ACCEPT IT, YOUR ENEMY IS YOU.
JUST READ YOUR POSTS IN THE FORUM.
THEY CAN NOT BE COMBINED,

now go find another crup and use your fantasy to post it, just to 'fight' the enemy.

PS
Taranis, when you realize that some people here enter just because I am their enemy (Kamani told that again before) and just play with nerves then do what ever you like,
when I make a mistake I learn to admit it.
and I am not ashamed to make mistakes, cause I am here to discuss, not to play God neither supreme officer.
when someone believes in enemies, and creates oxymoron theories or even drops to void by its own thesis, and believes that with fog can twist our judgement or make us dizzy with repeat same lie, then i feel insulted,

and I ask you,
DO YOU BELIEVE THAT ALL THESE WAS DONE BY IGNORANCE OR IN PURPOSE?
He accept it that he writes to fight an enemy, who is weak.
not for science, neither for learn, his care is the Phantasm of the enemy.
do what ever you want.

Yetos,
when you start with the greek word games, and the long incoherent nonsense, I know I touched a weak spot..
Look up: George Rawlinson M.A, Canon of Canterbury and Camden Professor of Ancient history at the University of Oxford.
He thinks macedonians were thraco-illyrian. When you become a professor at oxford I might consider your opinion over his.

Just Look he make search for the quy and he spoked only about Thracian,
he put Illyro just in purpose.

illyrians, celts, and thracians, appear roughly at the same time in neighboring areas.
Greek mythology consider Keltus, Illyrus, and Gallus as brothers.
Historically they always allie against the greeks who consider them all barbarians.

Where the hell he find that?
the man is creating myths just to say something?
who ancient Greek said that Illyrus and Gallus and Keltus were brothers?
He believes that he is fighting an enemy.

I speak many times about the stupid nationalism that raise in my country, and such 'scientists' who are raping history and science, yet he belives that I am an enemy cause i don't eat what his brain thinks each time,
who ever opposites their theories is an enemy.
we do not speak about freedom of speech anymore, but about the rape of common logic.

Last edited:
Illyrian is Albanian 100%. If it isn't then maybe there was more than 1 Illyrian language.

1 fact: Gheg/Tosk split in Albanian happened before Slavic invasions around 400 AD. This is THE LATEST IT COULD HAVE HAPPENED BY. The split could have happened even around 0 AD. This split was geographical. And centered around Shkumbin, in central Albania. North of Shkumbin river = Gheg, South = Tosk. Illyrian language was last mentioned 700 AD.

Meaning southern Illyrian and Albanian were spoken in the same place at the same time. The maritime vocab is just b.s., because Romans dominated the coastline, and the native words wouldve been kept away in the mountains, so Latin replaced maritime vocab. Centum/Satem is b.s. as well, because Illyrian was only thought to be Centum when related to Venetic. That link was b.s. , Illyrian (at least southern) was Satem.

Albanian's affinities with Germanic and Balto-Slavic prove nothing. Illyrians were the bearers of Hallstatt culture. So the Proto-Illyrians probably descended down into the Balkans from Central Europe. They mixed with Native Balkanians and gave birth to modern Illyrians/Yugoslavians/Albanians.

That leads to my other argument. Enough of this Y-chromosome bullshit.

THE STUPIDEST ASSUMPTION IN THIS WEBSITE IS THAT IF THERE'S A FREQUENCY OF 90% OF A HAPLOGROUP, THAT MEANS 90% OF THAT POPULATION'S GENETIC MAKEUP IS FROM A UNIFORM GROUP OF PEOPLE WHO CARRIED THIS GROUP.

Haplogroups prove nothing. By that logic everyone in Cameroon is 90% Celtic, since R1b is "celtic". haplogroups are like an std. you can spread it around all over the world, and trace its path, but it tells nothing about the genetic makeup of the carriers.

That being said it's stupid to assume Albanian carries pre-IE lexicon simply because of "high EV13". In southern Albanians, which are directly descended from Illyrian-speakers this haplogroup goes as low as 20%, which is the same as R1b, and I2 there. In Kosovo, its almost 50%, but the Illyrian language wasnt spoken there, as Dardanians were an Illyrisized-Thracian tribe.

Although, between Albanians and Basques they have the highest frequency of H -mtdna in Europe. But the third highest is Sweden, so geographically it makes no sense.

Again, enough of this haplogroup bullshit nonsense. But tell that to Maciamo who prob has a thesis linking haplogroups to GDP per capita or some shit like that. LOL!

Illyrian is Albanian 100%. If it isn't then maybe there was more than 1 Illyrian language.

ROFL, here we go again

1 fact: Gheg/Tosk split in Albanian happened before Slavic invasions around 400 AD. This is THE LATEST IT COULD HAVE HAPPENED BY. The split could have happened even around 0 AD. This split was geographical. And centered around Shkumbin, in central Albania. North of Shkumbin river = Gheg, South = Tosk. Illyrian language was last mentioned 700 AD.

Meaning southern Illyrian and Albanian were spoken in the same place at the same time. The maritime vocab is just b.s., because Romans dominated the coastline, and the native words wouldve been kept away in the mountains, so Latin replaced maritime vocab. Centum/Satem is b.s. as well, because Illyrian was only thought to be Centum when related to Venetic. That link was b.s. , Illyrian (at least southern) was Satem.

Illyrian was not spoken south of the drin river, beyond the drin, macedonian, epirote and then greek was spoken as well as Latin.

Illyrian language died out way before 400AD, way before the slavs arrived

Albanian's affinities with Germanic and Balto-Slavic prove nothing. Illyrians were the bearers of Hallstatt culture. So the Proto-Illyrians probably descended down into the Balkans from Central Europe. They mixed with Native Balkanians and gave birth to modern Illyrians/Yugoslavians/Albanians.

the illyrians by the time the romans came and fought in the illyrian wars where already celtinized in language and culture to a high degree, the same happened to the venetics

That leads to my other argument. Enough of this Y-chromosome bullshit.

Illyrians had less E haplogroup than what italians had,

The illyrians where a geographical name given by romans and greeks for ease of geography, the Romans, when talking about "illyrian" tribes, mentioned dalmatians, iapodes, lubuerni, pannonians etc etc

THE STUPIDEST ASSUMPTION IN THIS WEBSITE IS THAT IF THERE'S A FREQUENCY OF 90% OF A HAPLOGROUP, THAT MEANS 90% OF THAT POPULATION'S GENETIC MAKEUP IS FROM A UNIFORM GROUP OF PEOPLE WHO CARRIED THIS GROUP.

yes and that's haplogroup E for albanians
E means from african soil,

Haplogroups prove nothing. By that logic everyone in Cameroon is 90% Celtic, since R1b is "celtic". haplogroups are like an std. you can spread it around all over the world, and trace its path, but it tells nothing about the genetic makeup of the carriers.

LOL, where did you get this

That being said it's stupid to assume Albanian carries pre-IE lexicon simply because of "high EV13". In southern Albanians, which are directly descended from Illyrian-speakers this haplogroup goes as low as 20%, which is the same as R1b, and I2 there. In Kosovo, its almost 50%, but the Illyrian language wasnt spoken there, as Dardanians were an Illyrisized-Thracian tribe.

what does this mean?

Although, between Albanians and Basques they have the highest frequency of H -mtdna in Europe. But the third highest is Sweden, so geographically it makes no sense.

H mtDna is over 40% of all europe, whats that have to do with it

Dude dont tell me about my own language, ok? It is a fact that Illyrian and Albanian were spoken in the same place at the same time.

The Illyrian languages were likely extinct between the 2nd and 6th centuries AD.[75][76] However, it is also possible that Illyrian was preserved and spoken in the countryside as attested in the 4th-5th century testimonies of St. Jerome.[77][78]

That's my argument about the maritime vocab b.s. That the Romans mainly dominated the coastline. In the testimonies of St.Jerome Illyrian is still mentioned as a language in the country side. There's sources that refer to an Illyrian language up to 6-700 A.D.

And the 2 Albanian dialects Gheg/Tosk, preceded the Slavic migrations in the 4th-5th century, because they treat loanwoards differently. But the real split probably happened centuries before. It could have even happened before 0 A.D. And it a geographical split centered around Shkumbin river.

And Illyrian was spoken as south as Apollonia in Southern Albania, which was Illyrian land colonised by Greeks/Epirotes. Look it up. The Illyrian tribe of Albanoi was located below Drin as well.

I honestly don't get where you people get these "facts" from. Pulling them out your asses maybe.

And please enough of the haplogroup bullshit. Stick to linguistics. We don't even have a single account of Illyrian primary source words, and you're talking about their haplogroups. What an idiot.

yes and that's haplogroup E for albanians
E means from african soil,

Look what Maciamo has created. A series of stupid idiots, who take haplogroups as some sort of replacement for genetic studies.

I hate to break this to you, but all haplogroups are from African soil. Albanians are almost no different from their neighbours in autosomal DNA, which is the only thing that is even close to a genetical argument.

Haplogroups mean shit, and always will. They're only there for idiots like you to make you feel like you know something, when you actually dont shit.

And yes Cameroon is almost 90% R1b, look it up. So I guess they're 90% Celtic as well. Then Maciamo will come and say oh no but theyre a different branch of R1b. But its funny cause he groups them altogether anyhow and makes maps of them, even though theyre "different branches".

Look what Maciamo has created. A series of stupid idiots, who take haplogroups as some sort of replacement for genetic studies.

I hate to break this to you, but all haplogroups are from African soil. Albanians are almost no different from their neighbours in autosomal DNA, which is the only thing that is even close to a genetical argument.

Haplogroups mean shit, and always will. They're only there for idiots like you to make you feel like you know something, when you actually dont shit.

And yes Cameroon is almost 90% R1b, look it up. So I guess they're 90% Celtic as well. Then Maciamo will come and say oh no but theyre a different branch of R1b. But its funny cause he groups them altogether anyhow and makes maps of them, even though theyre "different branches".

When you talk about origin of language translate the word history. Where is the root? In Macedonian, Bulgarian (not bulgar) and old church slavonic its "i store" = "and done/save". No root for the word history in albanian (shqiptar) or greek.

Dude dont tell me about my own language, ok? It is a fact that Illyrian and Albanian were spoken in the same place at the same time.

The Illyrian languages were likely extinct between the 2nd and 6th centuries AD.[75][76] However, it is also possible that Illyrian was preserved and spoken in the countryside as attested in the 4th-5th century testimonies of St. Jerome.[77][78]

That's my argument about the maritime vocab b.s. That the Romans mainly dominated the coastline. In the testimonies of St.Jerome Illyrian is still mentioned as a language in the country side. There's sources that refer to an Illyrian language up to 6-700 A.D.

And the 2 Albanian dialects Gheg/Tosk, preceded the Slavic migrations in the 4th-5th century, because they treat loanwoards differently. But the real split probably happened centuries before. It could have even happened before 0 A.D. And it a geographical split centered around Shkumbin river.

And Illyrian was spoken as south as Apollonia in Southern Albania, which was Illyrian land colonised by Greeks/Epirotes. Look it up. The Illyrian tribe of Albanoi was located below Drin as well.

I honestly don't get where you people get these "facts" from. Pulling them out your asses maybe.

And please enough of the haplogroup bullshit. Stick to linguistics. We don't even have a single account of Illyrian primary source words, and you're talking about their haplogroups. What an idiot.

AND AGAIN HISTORY IS TWISTED BY SOME NATIONALISTS<

AT 4RTH CENTURY INLAND ALBANIA WAS FULL OF ROMAN LEGIONAIRES,
AT LEAST 2 LEGIONS EXIST THERE, EGANTIA ROAD PASS FROM THERE, One of the top 5 guarded places in Roman times
ALSO MANY CELTIC LIKE SCORDISCI SERDI GALATES PASS FROM THERE, YET ALBANIAN IS RELATIVE BUT NOT ITALO-CELTIC or Gaulish WHY?
CAUSE LATER AFTER 4 FLAVIAN FELIX LEAVES THE INLAND WE HAVE BLANK OR LITTLE DATA,
THE MOST CERTAIN IS THAT BEFORE SLAVS TURKIC TRIBES LIKE CUMANS SETTLED IN THE PRIMARY LANDS OF 4 FLAVIA FELIX.
except the known cases of Geto-dacian Visi-gothic etc.

WHICH ANCIENT HISTORIAN MENTION THE ILLYRIAN TRIBE ALBANI?
did you get that out of your mind?
the only Albani mention are the Getae Albocense of Moesia

I honestly dont understand all these wild theories about Albanians.

Aside from the proof I gave that Albanian and southern Illyrian (maybe northern was even a different language who knows) were spoken at the same time and place,

how about the fact that the Albani were an Illyrian tribe in Central Albania? And Albanians later called themselves Arberi/Arbeni(r->n in Gheg dialect). The l was a simple rhotacism.

Why are they somehow some random tribe with no historical backing that somehow appeared out of nowhere.

How about you go with the most plausible theory? Albanians are descendants of the Albani Illyrian tribe living in central Albania? OH MY GOD! IM SUCH A STUPID NATIONALIST WITH MY CRAZY THEORIES!!

which historian say that existed albani tribe in illyria proprie dicti?

where did you get that?

AT 4RTH CENTURY INLAND ALBANIA WAS FULL OF ROMAN LEGIONAIRES,
AT LEAST 2 LEGIONS EXIST THERE,

Assuming there were 2 roman legions in Albania, one roman legion is 5000 soldiers; so a maximum of 10.000 soldiers filled up a whole country and there was nobody else there!!! do you have any idea how pathetic you sound ?!

Yetos since we are off-topic Albanian, do you think Arvanite is a branch of Albanian language or not. Thanks

illyrians, celts, and thracians, appear roughly at the same time in neighboring areas.
Greek mythology consider Keltus, Illyrus, and Gallus as brothers.
Historically they always allie against the greeks who consider them all barbarians.
Ofcourse people don't get along even within the same tribe, there is evidence of the celts harrasing the illyrians and vice-versa.

Where the hell he find that?
the man is creating myths just to say something?
who ancient Greek said that Illyrus and Gallus and Keltus were brothers?
He believes that he is fighting an enemy.

Although I don't consider the myths a reliable historical source, the myth is there claiming Illyrus, Celtus and Gallus as brothers:

Appianus
The Illyrians Wars III.1
In Greek

φασὶ δὲ τὴν μὲν χώραν ἐπώνυμον Ἰλλυριοῦ τοῦ Πολυφήμου γενέσθαι: Πολυφήμῳ γὰρ τῷ Κύκλωπι καὶ Γαλατείᾳ Κελτὸν καὶ Ἰλλυριὸν καὶ Γάλαν παῖδας ὄντας ἐξορμῆσαι Σικελίας, καὶ ἄρξαι τῶν δι᾽ αὐτοὺς Κελτῶν καὶ Ἰλλυριῶν καὶ Γαλατῶν λεγομένων. καὶ τόδε μοι μάλιστα, πολλὰ μυθευόντων ἕτερα πολλῶν, ἀρέσκει. Ἰλλυριῷ δὲ παῖδας Ἐγχέλεα καὶ Αὐταριέα καὶ Δάρδανον καὶ Μαῖδον καὶ Ταύλαντα καὶ Περραιβὸν γενέσθαι, καὶ θυγατέρας Παρθὼ καὶ Δαορθὼ καὶ Δασσαρὼ καὶ ἑτέρας, ὅθεν εἰσὶ Ταυλάντιοί τε καὶ Περραιβοὶ καὶ Ἐγχέλεες καὶ Αὐταριεῖς καὶ Δάρδανοι καὶ Παρθηνοὶ καὶ Δασσαρήτιοι καὶ Δάρσιοι. Αὐταριεῖ δὲ αὐτῷ Παννόνιον ἡγοῦνται παῖδα ἢ Παίονα γενέσθαι, καὶ Σκορδίσκον Παίονι καὶ Τριβαλλόν, ὧν ὁμοίως τὰ ἔθνη παρώνυμα εἶναι. καὶ τάδε μὲν τοῖς ἀρχαιολογοῦσι μεθείσθω,

In English:
They say that the country received its name from Illyrius, the son of Polyphemus; for the Cyclops Polyphemus and his wife, Galatea, had three sons, Celtus, Illyrius, and Galas, all of whom migrated from Sicily; and the nations called Celts, Illyrians, and Galatians took their origin from them. Among the many myths prevailing among many peoples this seems to me the most plausible. Illyrius had six sons, Encheleus, Autarieus, Dardanus, Mædus, Taulas, and Perrhæbus, also daughters, Partho, Daortho, Dassaro, and others, from whom sprang the Taulantii, the Perrhæbi, the Enchelees, the Autarienses, the Dardani, the Partheni, the Dassaretii, and the Darsii. Autarieus had a son Pannonius, or Pæon, and the latter had sons, Scordiscus and Triballus, from whom nations bearing similar names were derived. But I will leave these matters to the archæologists.

Wow, something about Albania really gets everybody bowed up. Is it something in the water? What am I missing?

Assuming there were 2 roman legions in Albania, one roman legion is 5000 soldiers; so a maximum of 10.000 soldiers filled up a whole country and there was nobody else there!!! do you have any idea how pathetic you sound ?!

what?

5000 had 5th legion when dismissed,

4rth Flavia had only in Nis around 14 000 legionairies

with doctors merchant blacksmiths women and 'women' priests architects prefeructures we speak about a modern town, only in main area around of center camp

modern Bitola (monasterion) estimated to have almost half population of Thessaloniki and Nis due to soldiers and Egnatia road caravan stop

Besides do you believe that at 4rth Century AD the population of Balkans was the same? I doubt even if it was the half of today.

Thessaloniki which today has almost 1 million at that time had 40-50 000 people.

This thread has been viewed 94830 times.

Back