Planning my first trip to Prague

Reaction score
Hi everyone! 😊

I'm starting to plan my first ever trip to Prague this summer, and I'm so excited! I've heard it's such a beautiful city with incredible architecture and history.

I'm looking for advice from people who have been to Prague before. What were your favorite things to see and do there? What areas of the city should I make sure to visit if my interests are architecture, music and beer? 🍻

Also, for someone who only speaks English, would you recommend getting a tour guide? Or is it pretty easy to explore the main sites on your own?

Any restaurant or café recommendations would also be great! I want to make sure I try some authentic Czech food.

Let me know your best tips for first-timers in Prague! I'm open to suggestions on things to see, ways to get around, where to stay, etc. Thank you in advance!

Try the nightclub Vzorkovna - it is a nice tourist place.

I will definitely check out the nightclub Vzorkovna you recommended! I imagine it would be so nice to relax here at night after a busy day experiencing this beautiful city. 😍

Can confirm "dog bar" is worth checking out. Very unique and fun place.
Another place I recommend is this bar called "Bukowski", although when I was there finding a free seat on the weekends was a bit of a challenge. The thing is, don't be afriad to explore less busy establishments, and make sure to try local craft beer. Generally even mainstream beer in Prague is top of the line, but local craft beer will blow your socks off.
Prague 1 and the center of prague more generally has all the sights pretty close to each other, so even if you stumble around without much of a plan you will get to feel the great vibe and see some awesome sights. But if you are there only shortly, then its worth planning the trip. Finally, beware of tourist traps, there is quite a gap between the tourist experience and the local experience, so if you have any local friends its worth spending some time experiencing the authentic Prague.

Wow, thank you so much for your bar and beer recommendations, @Archetype0ne! 😍 I think both the "Dog bar" and "Bukowski" sound amazing, and I hope to visit them both, unless one of them is too crowded. I’m looking forward to trying the craft beers. 🍻

I’m glad @Wolf87 suggested the Honest Guide YouTube channel. I watched some of their videos where they warned about scammers and tourist traps to avoid.

Sadly, I don’t have any friends in Prague who can show me the authentic side of the city. The Honest Guide videos made me realize how important it is to have a trusted guide. Someone else recommended this local guide https://gowithguide.com/czech-republic/guides for their customized tours. They said I can choose the places I want to see to avoid tourist traps. Have you heard of them or tried their service?

Wow, thank you so much for your bar and beer recommendations, @Archetype0ne! 😍 I think both the "Dog bar" and "Bukowski" sound amazing, and I hope to visit them both, unless one of them is too crowded. I’m looking forward to trying the craft beers. 🍻

I’m glad @Wolf87 suggested the Honest Guide YouTube channel. I watched some of their videos where they warned about scammers and tourist traps to avoid.

Sadly, I don’t have any friends in Prague who can show me the authentic side of the city. The Honest Guide videos made me realize how important it is to have a trusted guide. Someone else recommended this local guide https://gowithguide.com/czech-republic/guides for their customized tours. They said I can choose the places I want to see to avoid tourist traps. Have you heard of them or tried their service?
I suggest you to contact Honest Guide and ask him personally.

I suggest you to contact Honest Guide and ask him personally.
I appreciate your help, @Wolf87. It would have been nice to explore the city with them. 😊 I have contacted Honest Guide and asked them if they offer private tours of Prague. Unfortunately, they said they don’t do that, and they only respond to business/media related e-mails. 😢

This thread has been viewed 1173 times.

Back