Post your DNA Land results

42% South Central euro
Italian/Bergamo, Italian Tuscan and tuscani no my Italian is Sicilian and it's 22%

15% balkans
Albanian Bulgaria greek

27% norwest euro
Scottish, British, iceland, norway

10% north slavic
Belarusian Russia Lithuania

4.2% finnish
1. 2% Cypriot Sicilian no. I am 22% to 25% Sicilian. Mom is half sicilian

Ancestry dna
42% east euro and russia
NE Italy Croatia Bosnia Herzegovina
22% italy sicily
15% greek and balkan
13% Irish scotland
3% france
3% Germanic euro
1% sweden
1% baltic state

Known ancestry, croatian slovenian Sicilian Irish English, German French, dutch

make that 30 3rd cousins or later. I put country before but changed it to ethnicity as many finlanders living in other countries. So I guess it is recent as these people are still alive.

My results

West Eurasian 78%

South Central European 47%

North Western European 20%

Arab/Egyptian 4.9%

South Western European 3.7%

Ashkenazi 2.4%

Native American 17%

Native American 13%

Amazonian 4.9%

East African 3%

Ambiguous 1.3%

West Eurasian 100%North Slavic 56%
Northwest European 41%
Ashkenazi 1.9%
Southwestern European 1.6%

I think it's weird. I would have expected Balkan over Ashkenazi or Southwestern Europe. I'm not sure how DNA Land processes the kits.

My DNA.Land I ment to put them earlier:

West Eurasian 100%

North west European 72%
North east European 17%

- North Slavic 8.9%
- Finnish 7.7%

South Central European 6.2%
South western European 5.4%
[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0)]
[/COLOR]

West Eurasian 100%Northwest European 35%
Northeast European 25%North Slavic 23%
Finnish 2.3%
Balkan 23%
Indo-Iranian 9.3%
Southwestern European 4.7%
Mediterranean Islander 3%

Me:
NW European 68%
Balkan 24%
Finnish 5.1%
SW European 2.2%

My mom:
NW European 64%
SW European 17%
Sardinian 1.4%
Finnish 9.7%
N Slavic 2.7%
Ambiguous 2.1%
Balkan 1.5%
Kalash 1.1%

Much of it is way off for both of us. Paper trail is England, Ireland, Scotland, West Germany, Netherlands, France, Belgium. The NW European percentages are acceptable, but the rest is not even close. Finland makes sense for WHG proxy, but the rest, who knows. Maybe it's all just proxies for ancient stuff.

J4dRwSW.png

PD: Sorry > noroeste > northwest suroeste >southwest sur/centro de europa > south/ central europe

Hi, I'm from Asturias, Spain. In my family, we are not aware of having relatives outside of Spain, not even outside of Asturias, we even know our great-grandparents. The really interesting thing is that my haplogroup is the G ... not r1b, not E.

8LJA6dC.png

thumb.png

Mine I'm 1/4 portuguese 1/4 polish 1/8 armenian and the rest is French.
West Eurasian 100%Northwest European 31%
North Slavic 19%
Balkan 17%
Southwestern European 16%Southwestern European 7.9%
Sardinian 7.7%
Ashkenazi/Levantine 15%Ashkenazi 11%
Mediterranean Islander 3.3%
Ambiguous 1.7%
Central Indoeuropean 1.5%

My mother she is 1/4 armenian and the rest is French.
West Eurasian 100%South European 42%Balkan 34%
South/Central European 8.2%
Northwest European 39%
Southwestern European 8.9%Southwestern European 5%
Sardinian 3.8%
Arab/Egyptian 7%
Central Indoeuropean 2%
Ambiguous 1.2%

View attachment 10636
View attachment 10637
View attachment 10638

These are my DNA autosome results. I think it's about the 4 grandparents and therefore 8 great-grandparents. I was surprised to find such a high value in France and Central Europe, which added to the Southeast Europe gives me a higher value than the Iberian Peninsula itself. I'm very clumsy and I can not interpret it too well, if you can help me out.

Last edited:
These are my DNA autosome results. I think it's about the 4 grandparents and therefore 8 great-grandparents. I was surprised to find such a high value in France and Central Europe, which added to the Southeast Europe gives me a higher value than the Iberian Peninsula itself. I'm very clumsy and I can not interpret it too well, if you can help me out.

If you still haven't done it:
Upload your FTDNA “Build 36 Raw Data Concatenated” to Gedmatch. :)

Last edited:
My DNA Land results seem to be more broad and not as detailed as my ancestry.com results. I think it’s pretty true that I’m broadly of NW European descent but the 11% Finnish part was interesting. I’m not sure where that comes from. I’ve matched up with Finns on MyHeritage.com though, but no idea where. Given my verifiable ancestry, I’m not sure where the Balkan comes from either. I’ve got nearly 800 matches from Norway alone. I also seem to have more DNA matches with the Netherlands than Germany! Even though my surname originates in Mecklenburg.

DNA Land
100% West Eurasian
77% Northwest European
11% Finnish
10% Balkan
1.9% Southwestern European
Ancestry.com
100% European
46% Norway
Western Norway (Hordaland/Rogaland)
25% England, Wales & Northwestern Europe
14% Germanic Europe
8% Ireland & Scotland
7% Sweden

MyHeritage.com
Europe 100%
North and West Europe 100%
Scandinavian 85.7%
North & West European 14.3%

Known Ancestry locations within 3 generations (Great and Great Great Grandparents):
Paternal Ancestry:
Denmark (South and North Jutland)
Mecklenburg-Vorpommern (NE of Wismar)
Hannover (Uelzen & Suderburg)

Distant: Quebec, Rhineland and English

Known Maternal Ancestry locations within 2-3 Generations (Great Grandparents):
Norway (Stavanger, Madla, Vats & Vikedal)
Ostfriesland, Germany (Emden, Leer, Aurich, Esens)
Hannover, Germany

Some distant Irish and English. Unknown locations.

To Pinovski

Pinovski: Amazonian 1.6% and are you Asturian? Or some ancestor of yours who made his fortune in America and returned with a native American wife perhaps.

My DNA Land results seem to be more broad and not as detailed as my ancestry.com results. I think it’s pretty true that I’m broadly of NW European descent but the 11% Finnish part was interesting. I’m not sure where that comes from. I’ve matched up with Finns on MyHeritage.com though, but no idea where. Given my verifiable ancestry, I’m not sure where the Balkan comes from either. I’ve got nearly 800 matches from Norway alone. I also seem to have more DNA matches with the Netherlands than Germany! Even though my surname originates in Mecklenburg.
DNA Land
100% West Eurasian
77% Northwest European
11% Finnish
10% Balkan
1.9% Southwestern European
Ancestry.com
100% European
46% Norway
Western Norway (Hordaland/Rogaland)
25% England, Wales & Northwestern Europe
14% Germanic Europe
8% Ireland & Scotland
7% Sweden
MyHeritage.com
Europe 100%
North and West Europe 100%
Scandinavian 85.7%
North & West European 14.3%
Known Ancestry locations within 3 generations (Great and Great Great Grandparents):
Paternal Ancestry:
Denmark (South and North Jutland)
Mecklenburg-Vorpommern (NE of Wismar)
Hannover (Uelzen & Suderburg)
Distant: Quebec, Rhineland and English
Known Maternal Ancestry locations within 2-3 Generations (Great Grandparents):
Norway (Stavanger, Madla, Vats & Vikedal)
Ostfriesland, Germany (Emden, Leer, Aurich, Esens)
Hannover, Germany
Some distant Irish and English. Unknown locations.

Hello Matty,
Below "GEDmatch.Com Population Spreadsheet for Dodecad K12b ".
As you can see, the Finns are much more Northern Europeans than the Norwegians and the Swedes. By the other side, Norwegians and the Swedes are much closer to the Germans and Dutch.
The Finns are much more northern European, Siberian, southwestern Asian and South Asian than the typical Germanic peoples (Norwegians, Swedes, Germans and Dutch).
I hope you have fun analyzing the spreadsheet.
Greetings.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1-4XWHsne8B0SN-d1oSZbxO_x6IRmk78gjYpgG5-hUAc/edit?usp=sharing

Actual ancestry:
37.5% NE French
12.5% SE French
50% South Italian

DNALand results:
37% Balkan
31% NW Euro
16% SW Euro (14% Sardinian - 1.9% SW Euro)
6.6% Arab/ Egyptian
5.1% Ashkenazi
2.6% Central Indoeuropean
1.1% Ambiguous

View attachment 10636
View attachment 10637
View attachment 10638

Hello Carlos,
Its ethnicity is typically Iberian and you should not worry too much about the 43% share of western and central Europe.

Remember that part of Andalusia was occupied by the Swabians, mainly to the west, that, later, were replaced by the Visigoths and Andalusia was part of Kingdom of Visigoths until Arab invasion of the Iberian Peninsula. Before the consolidation of the Kingdom of the Visigoths, much of what is the coast of Andalusia was part of the Byzantine Empire

The Swabians originated from the region between the Elbe and Oder rivers in present-day Germany. The Goths were a Germanic people originating from the southern regions of Scandinavia and the Visigoths were one of two branches in which the Goths were divided. Nothing abnormal that you have inherited a sizable percentage of germanic DNA (43%). Genes mingle at random. Just as you have inherited much DNA from the Germanic invaders, other relatives of you may have inherited much less. Natural.

Simply put, for me, you are 100% Iberian, ethnically divided as follows:
41% of the Iberian natives;
43% of Germanic invaders (Swabians, Goths and Visigoths and, perhaps, even Vandals);
10% of Byzantine origin (southeast of europe)
4% Berber (ancient - 6000 years ago - and medieval - 8th century after Christ);
2% background noise.
Warm greetings.
Duarte

Hello Matty,
Below "GEDmatch.Com Population Spreadsheet for Dodecad K12b ".
As you can see, the Finns are much more Northern Europeans than the Norwegians and the Swedes. By the other side, Norwegians and the Swedes are much closer to the Germans and Dutch.
The Finns are much more northern European, Siberian, southwestern Asian and South Asian than the typical Germanic peoples (Norwegians, Swedes, Germans and Dutch).
I hope you have fun analyzing the spreadsheet.
Greetings.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1-4XWHsne8B0SN-d1oSZbxO_x6IRmk78gjYpgG5-hUAc/edit?usp=sharing

Thank you!!

This thread has been viewed 107637 times.

Back