R1b & Bell Beaker & IE, what am I missing?

it seems you need more information: look at Wikipedia: "Languages of Iberia" (even if Wiki is not always the 'nec plus ultra') - celtic languages and other I-E languages (more archaic but close enough to celtic-italic-ligurian) were spoken in Western, Northern and central parts of Iberia at Roman times before colonization, along with diverse non-european languages - Iberia (SC Portugal comprise) received a lot of I-E tribes come from ancient Belgia, Galia and sometimes Germania before Roma domination - historically noted
I don't know how clear that really is, and like I said before that and even until today we have non IE languages running rampant.

We do know the visigoths and suebes made no dent even though they were obviously extremely powerful. It's hard for me to think that they would have no effect on the language (and presumably less on the DNA) but that previous migrations would all but completely replace the locals. Even the romans themselves, it's believed, had very little effect on the genetics of iberia.

So how can these other migrations we don't have any knowledge of have had such a huge impact? It simply doesn't add up, even if r1b was not there already there has to be something big to help account for all that, because there's virtually zero I or G in iberia these days (and really I am pretty sure G was never big there anyway). Something like carthage being r1b, berbers being r1b, etc. Something big.

AND Berbers and Saami people have very very few in common about DNA even if some mtDNA can link them one to the other at some level !!!

Studies show that DNA has not been recently mixed. It's been in similar proportions for 20k years or so. Which is some sammi, some sub saharan african, etc. for all that time. I don't know what methodologies can lead to that conclusion but I do know they had very much expected the opposite.

So presumably if it's not a newly mixed ethnicity then the r1b has been there all along, as well.

We only see irish r1b in ireland. We only see basque r1b in basque country. So, I think there is still more we need to find on the subject.

This thread has been viewed 18943 times.

Back