Reasons for economic success of certain religious, ethnic, and national groups...

And the fact that the Swiss haven't had to use their "guns" illustrates that weapon ownership carries with it a form of deterence. Same reason the U.S. hasn't had to use nuclear bombs since WWII... other nations know we have them (alot of them), and will use if provoked.

What would stop neighboring countries from invading Huge deposits of money of foreign leaders and politicians in Swiss banks, or one million of rifle guns? Do you think Hitler was more afraid of Swiss rifles or Swiss knifes?

I think, in second half of 20th century Switzerland lost its momentum and fame. Not many young people outside europe, know where Switzerland is, or is famous for these days. All world knows Singapore, not Switzerland with equivalent 5 million population. Singapour is very successful, although not in mountains, citizens don't have guns neither want to have, and gold is not the base of their success or strong industries. They don't have natural resources either. Their true power comes from educated society and smart leadership, and not many of them are R1b or I, not many Jews or Mormons.

Valid point Sparkey.

It looks like I'm going to have to give some evidence for this part of my arguement. But before I start digging, I will say beforehand this will be a challenging task because if the Mormon's do keep a substantial portion of their wealth "off the grid" in precious metals such as gold and silver-- citing internet sources will be difficult.

It's a long standing tradition, yes. I'm actually related to this guy via a brother of his that didn't convert to Mormonism.

I almost put English into the mix Albanopolis. I wanted to stick with only five and I felt confident I could explain the Swiss relation to success so I went with them. I pondered over including both the English and the Chinese-- maybe I should have gone with seven groups.
I would disagree calling Chinese economically successful yet. I have a daughter in school and the teacher told them that, one reason of Chinese speedy rise is that they are not trying to reinvent the wheel. All they do is they school people in other countries. and they copy and paste everything. They don't even bother to put a little make up in what they doing. Simply copy. English have come up with great ideas that have changed the word. Even the internet that we are talking right now is the idea of an Englishman.

Did you just....quote your young daughter's teacher for an argument on Eupedia? XD!!!!!

Did you just....quote your young daughter's teacher for an argument on Eupedia? XD!!!!!
Do you mean I missed the quotation marks? Its a valid critique. What does that XD means?
Staying on the topic: The Swiss success can be attributed to luck as well. Sometimes luck plays a big role. They have been out of trouble for long time and a safe heaven for taxes. Out of trouble means that their neighbors agreed not to attack that country so people to protect their money deposited them there. So, they used that money and build their country. But Switzerland is not a nation. Its many nations agreeing not fight each other.

It's a laughing symbol because its funny

This thread has been viewed 8964 times.

Back