Sensational investigation: did the Slavs originate in the territory of the Belarusian

Srbadija

Reaction score
News of Belarus. Deeply dripped. Belarusian scientists confirmed the hypothesis that Slavic peoples originate from the Polesie territory, the news program "24 hours" on the STV reported.

Almost half a century, she did not find proper proof. Meanwhile, the Slavs - the only group of peoples of Europe, the ethnogenesis of which has not been fully studied. Therefore, the discovery can become one of the key in archeology and ethnography.

The village of Yaskovichi, Soligorsk district. The interest of the local territory archaeologists have shown for a long time. And only in 2018 they proceeded to excavation in the so-called "white spot". It is this place - according to the scientists of the whole world - it can be the birthplace of Slavic ethnoses.

Vadim Belevets, associate professor of historical faculty of BSU, candidate of historical sciences:
'40 ge she was g i poteza . At the same time our adherence to the ith and the gtae is tortured ў ferocity, yak і i mayut motsnaye abgruntavanne. M s WMS and m kazats ab fifth INTO P Alessa Gia ўlyaetstsa kalyskay Slavdom.

This settlement of the Slavs, in all probability, is the oldest known. It dates from the 2nd century AD. Similar, but more modern for two centuries, are found in the Czech Republic. Moreover, archeologists were lucky: people and equipment at different times bypassed Yaskovichi side, allowing the history to survive.

Vitaly Sidorovich, head of educational laboratory of the Faculty of History, BSU:
There was davolі Zamozhniy in e ska. Geta to ¢ tsentr rameslіnnіtskі, jo slave i l i vyraby. Bo e sts Shmat slyado ¢ Bron of al іts Ein and second dzeynastsі, chornay Metalurg ii .

So far only 2% of the settlement area has been excavated. But experts have already managed to find dozens of artifacts. Among them, coins, ornaments, elements of dishes. All of them - as well as the character of housing construction - testify to the belonging of the village to the ancient Slavonic culture.

Excavations of the settlement of Yaskovichi will last several weeks. However, to fully prove the hypothesis, it will take years. Therefore, the main work in this area - historians assure - is yet to come.

yaskovichi_10.jpg

yaskovichi_9.jpg

raskopki_4.jpg

Yeah, this is really a great news. People now can stop dreaming to be Illyrians, Thracians, Macedonians, Romans, etc, the Yaskovichi village in Soligorsk district.

I totally agree.

I totally disagree. Slavic ethnogenesis is about culture. Different people, tribes, whoever, can adopt different cultures. It is not about dreaming to be descendant of Illyrians, Thracians, Macedonians... Ofc they are among us... unless you are assuming that all the people living on Balkan disappeared and are replaced by Slavs coming from the north, or all of them has come to one point, a territory of today's Albania and survived there. I believe that nobody can fully claim heritage of Illyrians, Thracians, Dacians... those cultures are long gone. But descendants of these cultures are still among us, somewhere more, somewhere less.

I totally disagree. Slavic ethnogenesis is about culture. Different people, tribes, whoever, can adopt different cultures. It is not about dreaming to be descendant of Illyrians, Thracians, Macedonians... Ofc they are among us... unless you are assuming that all the people living on Balkan disappeared and are replaced by Slavs coming from the north, or all of them has come to one point, a territory of today's Albania and survived there. I believe that nobody can fully claim heritage of Illyrians, Thracians, Dacians... those cultures are long gone. But descendants of these cultures are still among us, somewhere more, somewhere less.

Perhaps...

Sent from my iPhone using Eupedia Forum

This thread has been viewed 4652 times.

Back