share your puntDNAL K11 results.

If that cluster does correlate with "teal", and the Yamnaya were half "teal", either the actual number of "Celts" who reached Iberia were lower than we might think going solely by y Dna, or, by the time the "Celts" reached Iberia they were no longer as Yamnaya like or "teal" like as when they entered the rest of Europe, yes?

That is definitely Eastern Farmer/Teal this is why I think the "Caucaso_Gedrosia" name is slightly unfitting, because it is slightly different in that it has no ANE derived "North Euro" ancestry and includes some EEF genes.

This is probably this "Armenian like" component.

Stuttgart.

Near East: 13.87%
Caucas: 2.76%
EEF: 71.81%.
WHG-UHG: 11.04%

Afanasievo.
Caucas: 39.42%
Amerindian: 2.11%
EEF: 13.22%
WHG-UHG: 43.3%

I think that looks very good, don't you? Better than any of the other blogger calculators I've seen. Stuttgart is indeed supposed to have 10% or less additional WHG, yes? So maybe in this particular calculator EEF really is the West Anatolian farmer. I think the same thing would show up in Oetzi, along with the beginnings of a different kind of Near Eastern farmer: 13.87. Interestingly that Near Eastern percentage is more than what northern Italians get, and only 2% less than what Ashkenazim get. So, did it get diluted by a little additional WHG over the next couple of thousand years, and then some EHG?

I think the percentages for Afanasievo look good too.

Has anyone run Sardinians?

It confirms what we already know. In "Steppe" has ancestry related to Northern West Asians and European hunter gatherers. If we didn't have EHG and MA1 we'd still be able to detect WHG and Amerindian-like stuff in Yamnaya.

WHG-UHG looks like it has EHG in it. Because Afanasievo is two-way mix of it and Caucasus-Gedorisa.

Stuttgart.

Afanasievo.

Edit...

Copper age Hungary.
EEF: 69.32%.
WHG: 20.91%
Near East: 9.24%.
Caucas: 0.52%.

Funnel Beaker Sweden.
EEF: 59.24%.
WHG: 30.48%.
Near East: 6.25%
Caucas: 1.44%
Sub Saharan: 1.07%.
Those results fit well with the Lazaridis, Yamna and Haak paper. Seem indeed like professional work there.

That is definitely Eastern Farmer/Teal this is why I think the "Caucaso_Gedrosia" name is slightly unfitting, because it is slightly different in that it has no ANE derived "North Euro" ancestry and includes some EEF genes.

This is probably this "Armenian like" component.

Which would also contain "ANE".

I think that looks very good, don't you? Better than any of the other blogger calculators I've seen. Stuttgart is indeed supposed to have 10% or less additional WHG, yes? So maybe in this particular calculator EEF really is the West Anatolian farmer. I think the same thing would show up in Oetzi, along with the beginnings of a different kind of Near Eastern farmer: 13.87. Interestingly that Near Eastern percentage is more than what northern Italians get, and only 2% less than what Ashkenazim get. So, did it get diluted by a little additional WHG over the next couple of thousand years, and then some EHG?

I think the percentages for Afanasievo look good too.

Has anyone run Sardinians?

It might have a few small noisy percentage of "issues" here and there but it is definitely the most professional and accurate calculator so far and indeed looks like it is based on the studies.

One thing however. WHG-UHG(Unknown Hunter and Gatherer) here seems to include EHG. it is basically WHG-EHG.

@Alan, Angela,

I agree the calculator looks good. It's consistent with most other tests. WHG-UHG for the most part represents Hunter gatherer blood. So, if you think about it Middle Neolithic Europeans were 70-75% Anatolian and Yamnaya was 50% Teal, most Europeans should be at least 60% Near Eastern. ANE from teal and WHG from EEF was earlier added on to hunter gatherer ancestry. Anatolian_Neolithic will probably score almost 100% EEF+Near Eastern.

It confirms what we already know. In "Steppe" has ancestry related to Northern West Asians and European hunter gatherers. If we didn't have EHG and MA1 we'd still be able to detect WHG and Amerindian-like stuff in Yamnaya.

WHG-UHG looks like it has EHG in it. Because Afanasievo is two-way mix of it and Caucasus-Gedorisa.

Stuttgart.

Afanasievo.

Edit...

Copper age Hungary.
EEF: 69.32%.
WHG: 20.91%
Near East: 9.24%.
Caucas: 0.52%.

Funnel Beaker Sweden.
EEF: 59.24%.
WHG: 30.48%.
Near East: 6.25%
Caucas: 1.44%
Sub Saharan: 1.07%.

Thanks a lot, Fire Haired.

Yes, Copper Age and Funnel Beaker results generally fit with what we know as well. After a couple of thousand years the WHG component went from the initial 10% to 20% in some areas to 30% on the periphery. I would expect Remedello and Oetzi to be similar to Copper Age Hungary.

@John Doe,
I have a few Ashkenazi friends who have tested. They seem to have an additional 2% on Near Eastern and EEF, and about a couple of percent less on WHG/UHG.

Do you have any inter-marriage with non-Jews in your line showing up at 23andme?

Ooops! Only if you don't mind sharing that information, of course. Everybody's sense of privacy about these things is different. :)

The amount of SSA is about the same. I've always wondered when that entered the gene pool. Bronze Age/Iron Age by way of Egypt, Alexandrian Jews (so Egypt again) that became part of the diaspora, or from minor Separdic/North African Jewish admixture and the Berber component they carried?

@Alan, Angela,

I agree the calculator looks good. It's consistent with most other tests. WHG-UHG for the most part represents Hunter gatherer blood. So, if you think about it Middle Neolithic Europeans were 70-75% Anatolian and Yamnaya was 50% Teal, most Europeans should be at least 60% Near Eastern. ANE from teal and WHG from EEF was earlier added on to hunter gatherer ancestry. Anatolian_Neolithic will probably score almost 100% EEF+Near Eastern.

From the results I saw this morning the British definitely seem to get about 60% if you add up the EEF/NearEast/Teal. I would think the German results would be similar, and other central Europeans. The southern Europeans would have more, and the Northeast Europeans less.

Well, the Caucasus specifically may not be the "Womb of Nations", but the northern Near East certainly seems to be.

They have less WHG than Copper age Hungary.

Makes sense if we consider that Hungary would have been closer to the far northern refugia from which some WHG might have been trickling in...the next question for me is, was the Mid/Neolithic in areas further south in Italy even more Stuttgart like or was it Remedello like, and how much change did the "Indo-Europeans" make depending on the area and the migration path. .

The amount of SSA is about the same. I've always wondered when that entered the gene pool. Bronze Age/Iron Age by way of Egypt, Alexandrian Jews (so Egypt again) that became part of the diaspora, or from minor Separdic/North African Jewish admixture and the Berber component they carried?
Remember that the Semites are part of greater Afro-Asiatic family. I guess it's from the proto-Jews who lived around Israel/Levant. At the time of Jesus, Jewish folks would have even much more SSA component. But due to mixing with others their SSA diluted over time.

Same can be also said about other speakers of Semitic languages in the Mid. East...

Remember that the Semites are part of greater Afro-Asiatic family. I guess it's from the proto-Jews who lived around Israel/Levant. At the time of Jesus, Jewish folks would have even much more SSA component. But due to mixing with others their SSA diluted over time.

Same can be also said about other speakers of Semitic languages in the Mid. East...

Well, if we look at the Druse on Globe 13 they have .5 West African and 1.2 East African, and the Samaritans only have 1.4% East African, so I'm not sure that some wasn't added later. Not much, though, I don't think. Sephardim, some of whom mixed with North African Jews, who in their turn have some Berber ancestry, are at 2.2%.

Well, if we look at the Druse on Globe 13 they have .5 West African and 1.2 East African, and the Samaritans only have 1.4% East African, so I'm not sure that some wasn't added later. Not much, though, I don't think. Sephardim, some of whom mixed with North African Jews, who in their turn have some Berber ancestry, are at 2.2%.

Druze are not really a folk that you can consider as your typical Semites. They are interracial and mixed between different races. Levant people, but additional dominant ancestries from Persian (Iranid) to Northern African, from Southern European to Arabian folks.

Native Northern Africans (Berbers) are very high of SSA. Even Arabized Northern Africans (Moroccans, Algerians, Tunisians etc.) are very high of SSA. Native Northern Africans are also speakers of Afro-Asiatic languages...

Makes sense if we consider that Hungary would have been closer to the far northern refugia from which some WHG might have been trickling in...the next question for me is, was the Mid/Neolithic in areas further south in Italy even more Stuttgart like or was it Remedello like, and how much change did the "Indo-Europeans" make depending on the area and the migration path. .

My guess is all of Italy was colonized by Cardiel and so like Remedello except maybe less WHG. Ancient DNA is needed because there could have been non-EEF people before 3000 BC and we don't know exactly what type of people came in after 3000 BC. If anything North Italians have more Steppe-blood, but recent events could account for that.

There's also recent events that make an affect. North Italians IMO clearly have recent Central European ancestry(Gaul, German). Some Swiss and French cluster with North Italians, which could be really recent admixture. IMO, there's Roman ancestry in France, Iberia, and Switzerland that's pretty important to their makeup. That'll have to be investigated with ancient DNA later.

New people could have moved in though before 3000 BC. I just started taking notes in ADMIXTURE, formal stats, PCAs, etc. I don't know that much yet. But it's pretty easy to get good information.

I think, I need to clarify my stance regarding "Eastern Farmers". I don't think they represent "East Anatolian" (what is actually not Anatolia) farmers. By mid-late Neolithic, "East Anatolia" for me would have been intermediated between West and East Farmers. Where I think the Eastern Farmers where much more likely to have existed in their pure form is slightly further East. I would call them Iranian Plateau farmers in contrast to the Anatolian farmers.

I think Eastern farmers existed all the way from Southeast Caucasus into South_Central Asia by Late Neolithic.

below are my fathers numbers

opulation
Oceanian0.23%
Near_East7.59%
Caucas-Gedrosia17.83%
E_Asian-
Beringian-
Sub-Saharan0.50%
Amerindian0.67%
Siberian-
ASI0.96%
EEF44.90%
WHG-UHG27.32%

44.90% EEF Orange , the teal is 17% back

He has mtdna of T2B26

his eyes are below as its a 100% exact match via gedmatch ............first time for everthing

My numbers below

Population
Oceanian0.42%
Near_East6.32%
Caucas-Gedrosia20.29%
E_Asian-
Beringian-
Sub-Saharan0.06%
Amerindian-
Siberian-
ASI0.84%
EEF44.39%
WHG-UHG27.69%

Here is mine (British mutt). I can only use my tablet as sitting at my PC is uncomfortable. I had my prostate removed last week (cancer). Recovering now :)

Oceanian0.61%
Near_East1.19%
Caucas-Gedrosia18.65%
E_Asian-
Beringian-
Sub-Saharan0.27%
Amerindian0.38%
Siberian0.20%
ASI1.07%
EEF39.70%
WHG-UHG37.93%

@Brianco

Hope everything went well. Get well soon.

Maybe Arame would share his results. Would love to see Armenian results. Should be very Kurdish like with little less Teal (33%) and more EEF (35%).

his eyes are below as its a 100% exact match via gedmatch ............first time for everthing
This tool doesn't work for me. Which data did you use? FTDNA's or 23andMe's?

This thread has been viewed 28477 times.

Back