Sicilians: Which groups overlap? (Multiple choice version)

Multiple choice.. pick all that fit.

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
It makes a sense since most of our greek colonies was founded by peloponessians (such as Messina or Siracusa), Calcide (Catania and Lentini) or Creta (Agrigento, Selinunte, Heraclea Minoa and Gela).

So are you half sicilian and half polish?
Regarding the founder of our greek colonies i will talk about it tomorrow now i going out. Buona serata.

So are you half sicilian and half polish?
Regarding the founder of our greek colonies i will talk about it tomorrow now i going out. Buona serata.

1/2 Sicilian, 1/4 Polish, 1/4 Portuguese; somehow this comes out similar to many mainland Greeks.

Anyway, on GEDmatch many Sicilians have shared their results with me and their ID numbers. Those who seem closest to Cretans are people from Agrigento, Messina, Catania, and SOME Palermitans. Those who are closer to more geographically northern islands (Lefkada, Chios, Lesbos) or the Peloponnese are Trapani, some Palermitans, and one woman from Enna.

The difference is that Peloponnesians seem to plot similarly to Abruzzese, just more eastern because of the Slavic type input; so really, you could say these Sicilians probably are the ones with more northern influence whether Lombard or Norman or something else, but they will end up close to those Greeks and south-central Italians instead of islanders.

Status
Not open for further replies.

This thread has been viewed 55418 times.

Back