Elite member
Reaction score
Ethnic group
Polish
Y-DNA haplogroup
R1b-L617
mtDNA haplogroup
W6a
Apparently the percent of newborns with sickle-cell disease is rapidly increasing in France:

http://translate.google.com/transla...php?8329-Remplacement-de-population-en-France

This genetic disease is not native to Europe, it has been brought by African etc. migrants:

http://www.fdesouche.com/wp-content/uploads/imgur/73AKbAU.png

73_AKb_AU.png

And for the balance, anything positive about African immigrants or they all scare you shitless? They are coming to get you....

I don't even get the point here...it's not catchy...you know, it's "GENETIC", non communicable. You can't even get it by having sex with them, so you're safe. What am I missing?

I don't even get the point here...it's not catchy...you know, it's "GENETIC", non communicable. You can't even get it by having sex with them, so you're safe. What am I missing?

could there be some things the medical world doesn't know yet ?

People, we know what causes sickle cell anemia. It's pretty sad when this kind of fear mongering works on supposedly educated people. Be careful where you get your information.

"Sickle-cell disease occurs when a person inherits two abnormal copies of the haemoglobin gene, one from each parent.[3]Several subtypes exist, depending on the exact mutation in each haemoglobin gene.[1] An attack can be set off by temperature changes, stress, dehydration, and high altitude.[2] A person with a single abnormal copy does not usually have symptoms and is said to have sickle-cell trait.
[3]"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sickle-cell_dise

It's a recessive autosomal disease. The reason it still exists is because one copy provides protection against malaria. Two copies and you get the disease. Get it?

How can you people not know this?

"Sickle-cell gene mutation probably arose spontaneously in different geographic areas, as suggested by restriction endonuclease analysis. "

You find it everywhere you find malaria, i.e. everywhere you historically had a hot climate and marshes. So, we've always had it in Italy, just as we've always had malaria. Until the Romans drained all the marshes, there was probably malaria all over southern Europe. When the Empire fell, there was a resurgence of it everywhere.

There's a famous novel about an American tourist who got it in Rome in the 19th century,
called "Daisy Miller", by Henry James, and a movie on it.

It's just that there may be more of it now, and there will be more in the southeast and Paris because that's where the major population centers are, and the biggest concentrations of people from Muslim countries.

You'll probably also see higher numbers of Mediterranean Familial Fever. It's also a genetic disease more prevalent, you guessed it, among Mediterranean people.

For goodness sakes', calm down, folks.

France[edit]

As a result of population growth in African-Caribbean regions of overseas France and immigration from North and sub-Saharan Africa to mainland France, sickle-cell disease has become a major health problem in France.[79] SCD has become the most common genetic disease in the country, with an overall birth prevalence of 1/2,415 in mainland France, ahead ofphenylketonuria (1/10,862), congenital hypothyroidism (1/3,132), congenital adrenal hyperplasia (1/19,008) and cystic fibrosis (1/5,014) for the same reference period. In 2010, 31.5% of all newborns in mainland France (253,466 out of 805,958) were screened for SCD (this percentage was 19% in 2000). 341 newborns with SCD and 8,744 heterozygous carriers were found representing 1.1% of all newborns in mainland France. The Paris metropolitan district (Île-de-France) is the region that accounts for the largest number of newborns screened for SCD (60% in 2010). The second largest number of at-risk is in Provence-Alpes-Côte d'Azur at nearly 43.2% and the lowest number is in Brittany at 5.5%.[80][81]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sickle-cell_disease#France

this fits with the figures on the map
I don't get it, how can these figures grow wo high, so fast? especially in Paris area it is an imported disease

Not to worry bicicleur, it's been said that sickle cell is heritable and not something that can be "caught" like the flu. The rates are rising because more people are moving into France from Africa and are carrying those traits with them.

Not to worry bicicleur, it's been said that sickle cell is heritable and not something that can be "caught" like the flu. The rates are rising because more people are moving into France from Africa and are carrying those traits with them.

yes, but 70 % in Paris and rising?
how can you explain that?

Still I didn't figure the reason of topic, but thanks to this information

Here is mine. In Turkey, Sickle-cell disease mostly seems in Cilicia
Cilicia_SPQR.png

yes, but 70 % in Paris and rising?
how can you explain that?
I don't think you guys read these statistics right or the statistic is right. Could you imagine any disease at 70% of population and we didn't hear about this epidemic before?!!!
Please check again the numbers.

@bicicleur Can't say for sure. Those samples seem a bit too discrete and independent from each other to really be of value.

@Lebrok
Yes 70 percent of newborns not the population as a whole. Even still, 70 percent of newborns having sickle cell sounds questionable at the least.

France[edit]

As a result of population growth in African-Caribbean regions of overseas France and immigration from North and sub-Saharan Africa to mainland France, sickle-cell disease has become a major health problem in France.[79] SCD has become the most common genetic disease in the country, with an overall birth prevalence of 1/2,415 in mainland France, ahead ofphenylketonuria (1/10,862), congenital hypothyroidism (1/3,132), congenital adrenal hyperplasia (1/19,008) and cystic fibrosis (1/5,014) for the same reference period. In 2010, 31.5% of all newborns in mainland France (253,466 out of 805,958) were SCREENED for SCD (this percentage was 19% in 2000). 341 newborns with SCD and 8,744 heterozygous carriers were found representing 1.1% of all newborns in mainland France. The Paris metropolitan district (Île-de-France) is the region that accounts for the largest number of newborns SCREENED for SCD (60% in 2010). The second largest number of at-risk is in Provence-Alpes-Côte d'Azur at nearly 43.2% and the lowest number is in Brittany at 5.5%.[80][81]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sickle-cell_disease#France

this fits with the figures on the map
I don't get it, how can these figures grow wo high, so fast? especially in Paris area it is an imported disease

Read CAREFULLY, gentlemen, PLEASE.

Yes, it fits with the figures on the map but you didn't understand what the figures on the map mean....they represent the SCREENING figures. It was indeed 31.5% nationally that were SCREENED. See the column on the left on the map, which is what the text also says, but they found only 1.1% of all newborns carried both genes or homozygous, and thus would get the disease, or ONE gene, heterozygous, and thus won't get the disease.

A certain percentage of those babies will be of totally "European" descent because, as I told you, it was always in Europe.

Why they'd post a map with only the screening numbers is beyond me, but people can't be so gullible, for God's sake!

The numbers are going up because there are more people from areas hard hit by malaria, AND they have a lot of children...six, seven, etc., and European descent are having at the most one or two. They're barely reproducing. Get it?

Who is spreading this crap???

@Boreas,

Are there a lot of swampy areas there, or a more than average rate of consanguineous marriages?

@bicicleur Can't say for sure. Those samples seem a bit too discrete and independent from each other to really be of value.

@Lebrok
Yes 70 percent of newborns not the population as a whole. Even still, 70 percent of newborns having sickle cell sounds questionable at the least.
That's right. Even then it would be way bigger percentage than in any african country. This must be wrong.

Read post #13.

Lol we've gone from 70 percent of Paris to 1.1 percent of newborns

Read CAREFULLY, gentlemen, PLEASE.

Yes, it fits with the figures on the map but you didn't understand what the figures on the map mean....they represent the SCREENING figures. It was indeed 31.5% nationally that were SCREENED. See the column on the left on the map, which is what the text also says, but they found only 1.1% of all newborns carried both genes or homozygous, and thus would get the disease, or ONE gene, heterozygous, and thus won't get the disease.

A certain percentage of those babies will be of totally "European" descent because, as I told you, it was always in Europe.

Why they'd post a map with only the screening numbers is beyond me, but people can't be so gullible, for God's sake!

The numbers are going up because there are more people from areas hard hit by malaria, AND they have a lot of children...six, seven, etc., and European descent are having at the most one or two. They're barely reproducing. Get it?

Who is spreading this crap???

@Boreas,

Are there a lot of swampy areas there, or a more than average rate of consanguineous marriages?

ok, I see, you're right, good to point that
I guess the map was taken out of context by someone who tried to make a point hastily

the actual figures are much lower, yet it says

SCD has become the most common genetic disease in the country, with an overall birth prevalence of 1/2,415 in mainland France, ahead ofphenylketonuria (1/10,862), congenital hypothyroidism (1/3,132), congenital adrenal hyperplasia (1/19,008) and cystic fibrosis (1/5,014) for the same reference period.

so the problem should not be neglected either

I guess 1/2415 has the gene twice (homozygous) which means about 2 % is carrying the gene once (heterozygous) - why 1.1 %? wouldn't that mean 1/8265?

wait a minute .. from 1.1 % to 1/2415 ...
if you're within that 1.1 % you have 3.76 % chance to have it twice
wich means, there are 2 distinct populations, the 1.1 % is not the same as the other 98.9 %
belonging to the 1.1 % means you're probably part of a population with a much higher chance to the gene (3.76 %)
and now let the maths work to see what will happen when these 2 populations mingle furhter
it's to late and I'm to tired for that

Read post #13.
I read it and it was more what I expected to see. In my posts I was showing how one can detect bogus claims just by using general knowledge and comparative logic.

I think the aim of the people who posted the first maps (Anthrogenica? I don't remember) was to show what will be the France population future. It was not medical but sociological/anthropological, whatever the linked thoughts.
Concept of "pop replacement.

ok, I see, you're right, good to point that
I guess the map was taken out of context by someone who tried to make a point hastily

the actual figures are much lower, yet it says

SCD has become the most common genetic disease in the country, with an overall birth prevalence of 1/2,415 in mainland France, ahead ofphenylketonuria (1/10,862), congenital hypothyroidism (1/3,132), congenital adrenal hyperplasia (1/19,008) and cystic fibrosis (1/5,014) for the same reference period.

so the problem should not be neglected either

I guess 1/2415 has the gene twice (homozygous) which means about 2 % is carrying the gene once (heterozygous) - why 1.1 %? wouldn't that mean 1/8265?

wait a minute .. from 1.1 % to 1/2415 ...
if you're within that 1.1 % you have 3.76 % chance to have it twice
wich means, there are 2 distinct populations, the 1.1 % is not the same as the other 98.9 %
belonging to the 1.1 % means you're probably part of a population with a much higher chance to the gene (3.76 %)
and now let the maths work to see what will happen when these 2 populations mingle furhter
it's to late and I'm to tired for that

No, it shouldn't, because the disease symptoms can be ameliorated, even if the disease can't be cured. That all costs money, of course, and someone suffering acutely from the disease is probably not contributing economically.

Of course, caring for people with the disease also costs money.

There will probably also be an increase in Mediterranean Familial Fever, although again, that's always been in Europe. I know a young Greek-American woman who has it, and it's awful...really debilitating. They treat it with the same drugs used to treat rheumatoid arthritis, as it's also an immune function disorder. She suffered needlessly because American doctors don't have it at the forefront of their minds, and so for a long time they weren't able to diagnose her.
https://ghr.nlm.nih.gov/condition/familial-mediterranean-fever#genes

Look, when people with a certain genetic profile migrate somewhere they bring their genetic diseases with them. If you had a mass influx of Irish people, you'd get more cystic fibrosis, hemachromatosis, and phenylketornuia.
http://www.bionews.org.uk/page_70387.asp

This thread has been viewed 409 times.

Back