Question Smoking poll, do you smoke?

Please answer the options honestly :) .

• I smoke a lot i.e. 5 or more average every day or almost every day.

Votes: 4 5.6%
  • I smoke regularly, but not much i.e. 5 or less average every day or almost every day.

Votes: 3 4.2%
  • I smoke occasionally i.e. a couple of times a week or less.

• I smoke rarely or only a couple of times in my life.

Votes: 5 6.9%
  • I smoke, but have been smoking more recently.

Votes: 2 2.8%
  • I smoke, but have no idea of when or intentions of giving up yet.

Votes: 1 1.4%
  • I smoke, but have plans/intentions of giving it up at some point.

• I smoke, but have been cutting down recently.

Votes: 1 1.4%
  • I smoke, but I am trying to quit the habit currently.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I smoke, but have given up the habit or taken breaks from it in the past.

• I used to smoke but have quit the habit.

Votes: 10 13.9%
  • I don?ft smoke, but have considered taking up the habit in the past.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don?ft smoke and have never considered taking it up.

Votes: 30 41.7%
  • I don?ft smoke, but quite a few of my friends or family do.

Votes: 9 12.5%
  • I don?ft smoke and very few or none of my friends or family do.

Votes: 19 26.4%
  • I?fve smoked before in places where I shouldn?ft have.

• I?fve always smoked in places where it was allowed.

• I?fve smoked underage before.

Votes: 16 22.2%
  • I?fve smoked an illegal substance before in the past.

Votes: 19 26.4%
  • Other?c

• Total voters
Not sure where vaping stands in terms of risks but I understand it to be much less than smoking. I have vaporized medicines before. I do not like burning things except maybe incense. Burnt tobacco is such an awful, noxious smell!

Eating or transdermal medication seems superior to taking anything by way of air passages but can't beat the speed and consistency...

Not sure where vaping stands in terms of risks but I understand it to be much less than smoking. I have vaporized medicines before. I do not like burning things except maybe incense. Burnt tobacco is such an awful, noxious smell!

Eating or transdermal medication seems superior to taking anything by way of air passages but can't beat the speed and consistency...

I wouldn't be surprised if vaping turned out to be far more consequential to our health than regular tobacco.
Of course, right now we don't know the full extent of such dangers, so regular cigarettes show up in a much worse light due to what we know at this point.

I think that both vaping and smoking are bad for health. When I vape for some time, I notice that it's harder for me to breath, I become tired faster. And when I smoke I don't feel such things. Now I don't smoke and don't vape, only when I'm stressed, but I try to stop for good.

I think that both vaping and smoking are bad for health. When I vape for some time, I notice that it's harder for me to breath, I become tired faster. And when I smoke I don't feel such things. Now I don't smoke and don't vape, only when I'm stressed, but I try to stop for good.

Let's see what is actually in e-cigarettes:

• Nicotine – a highly addictive substance that negatively affects adolescent brain development
  • Propylene glycol – a common additive in food; also used to make things like antifreeze, paint solvent, and artificial smoke in fog machines
  • Carcinogens- chemicals known to cause cancer, including acetaldehyde and formaldehyde
  • Acrolein – a herbicide primarily used to kill weeds, can cause irreversible lung damage
  • Diacetyl – a chemical linked to a lung disease called bronchiolitis obliterans aka "popcorn lung"
  • Diethylene glycol – a toxic chemical used in antifreeze that is linked to lung disease
  • Heavy metals such as nickel, tin, lead
  • Cadmium – a toxic metal found in traditional cigarettes that causes breathing problems and disease
  • Benzene – a volatile organic compound (VOC) found in car exhaust
  • Ultrafine particles that can be inhaled deep into the lungs
https://www.lung.org/quit-smoking/e-cigarettes-vaping/whats-in-an-e-cigarette

Let's see what is actually in e-cigarettes:

• Nicotine – a highly addictive substance that negatively affects adolescent brain development
  • Propylene glycol – a common additive in food; also used to make things like antifreeze, paint solvent, and artificial smoke in fog machines
  • Carcinogens- chemicals known to cause cancer, including acetaldehyde and formaldehyde
  • Acrolein – a herbicide primarily used to kill weeds, can cause irreversible lung damage
  • Diacetyl – a chemical linked to a lung disease called bronchiolitis obliterans aka "popcorn lung"
  • Diethylene glycol – a toxic chemical used in antifreeze that is linked to lung disease
  • Heavy metals such as nickel, tin, lead
  • Cadmium – a toxic metal found in traditional cigarettes that causes breathing problems and disease
  • Benzene – a volatile organic compound (VOC) found in car exhaust
  • Ultrafine particles that can be inhaled deep into the lungs
https://www.lung.org/quit-smoking/e-cigarettes-vaping/whats-in-an-e-cigarette

I have to say, nicotine looks like the best among the others.

This thread has been viewed 68806 times.

Back