tell el samara (new village)

Olympus Mons

Reaction score
Slow times...
https://www.sciencealert.com/ancien...-neolithic-village-5-000-bce-predate-pharaohs

Newly found village in northern Egypt Nile Delta.
Some that know me are aware of the importance I give to Merimde beni salama. But Merimde is way south near cairo and findings might always be on the verge of Becoming Maadi and this to became Badarian and these were already admxing with someone else.

Now this Tell, as probably Sais a bit south then El Samara, and others found much north will be purely the arriving stock of the agriculturalist "Silos People" with their Dogs and capturing Donkeys, Sheeps, Pigs and Cattle, with Spelt grains (always follow Spelt!) and fascination by beads (some are Carnelian that do not exist but much northerner (say south caucasus).
I am always hopeful they find inhumations which yield Adna....

Merimdians will be important in the future.
https://www.academia.edu/25737746/R..._http_dx.doi.org_10.1016_j.quaint.2016.02.014

IMO the 8.2 ka climate event triggered the invasion of Levant Neolithic into Africa.
Probably during the climate event, they were already in the Nile delta, but proof for that is burried under thick layers of soil from the Nile.
After the 8.2 ka climate event, herders from the Levant Neolithic spread all over the 'Green Sahara'.

@Bicicleur,
Not really. Agriculture arrived only, and fully packaged, to Egypt by 4700BC. Not earlier .
A couple centuries earlier there had been pastoral population near Fayum lake and some domesticates animals in oasis further west and South. Just that. No agriculture.
The arrival of agriculture people did not have the traits of a movement from levant. No it was ( and now its where I get the heat from everyone) from south Caucasus. Not even Anatolia like traits in so far as those were different than - But South Caucasus.

Yes I can appreciate how crazy it sounds. But the Silo, round /oval huts, people of merimde, Sais, el Omari and now tell Samara were the same people that existed in the south Caucasus, briefly seen going by Israel (like in Tell tsaf by 4800bc with copper awl from Arukhlo ) and arriving to Delta Nile. - Actualy the same guys that at the exact same time one sees arriving to south Balkans as Boian and Gulmenita.

Or maybe they here people like Halafians dislodged by Ubaid. But just R1b-V88. it would make lots more sense. But I don't give up. Merimde was M269!
I know is very difficult to defend then as something further north. Maybe just crazy me. But follow Spelt, follow carnelian beads and copper awls.
If crazy me, that is fine. But if true… it was only me that got it. 😊

well, I did not mean agriculture, I said Levant neolithic, because the first herders (not farmers) in Northern Africa were Levant neolithic in autosomal DNA

we have 3 ka DNA from Kenya or thereabout, they were 'Natufian'

well, I did not mean agriculture, I said Levant neolithic, because the first herders (not farmers) in Northern Africa were Levant neolithic in autosomal DNA

we have 3 ka DNA from Kenya or thereabout, they were 'Natufian'

Yes. EpiPaleo and all the way to 5300 bc it was something different than later settlements, even KOM K (fayum) shows the diference, let alone Merimde, el-omari, Sais, etc. Animal domesticates were Natufian driven into North africa.

This thread has been viewed 3474 times.

Back