Tribal Arabians

IronSide

Elite member
Reaction score
Y-DNA haplogroup
I2c2
mtDNA haplogroup
T2e1
Just pictures from 15 major tribal surnames in Arabia. I created this thread because I noticed that a lot of people don't have a good grasp of what Gulf Arabs look like, its understandable given how little information is available and the inabilty to distinguish Tribal Arabians from non-Tribal citizens of Arab Gulf countries.

Al-Otaibi / Al-Harbi / Al-Enezi / Al-Ghamidi / Al-Qahtani / Al-Zahrani / Al-Mutairi / Al-Shammari / Al-Shehri / Al-Harthi / Al-Subaei / Al-Khalidi / Al-Shahrani / Al-Hajiri / Al-Yami

so Arabs also like big nose that starts from the Forehead
:grin:

i also notice that older they are,
the bigger more round the lower face, the cheeks

It's no doubt because I lack familiarity with them, but I confess I can't tell the tribes apart.

I was just thinking about this last night because I was watching a foreign crime procedural series. Living in the U.S. you don't really need to sharpen your observation skills all that much. There are so many races and ethnicities and pigmentation and hair and eye colors that if you're watching a show it's easy to tell people apart. On this show, though, the people all looked generally the same, and I was having a hard time keeping the characters straight.

As I mentioned on another thread I just finished watching a French series and I didn't have that problem with that one because the French also have a lot of different physical "types".

It's no doubt because I lack familiarity with them, but I confess I can't tell the tribes apart.

I was just thinking about this last night because I was watching a foreign crime procedural series. Living in the U.S. you don't really need to sharpen your observation skills all that much. There are so many races and ethnicities and pigmentation and hair and eye colors that if you're watching a show it's easy to tell people apart. On this show, though, the people all looked generally the same, and I was having a hard time keeping the characters straight.

As I mentioned on another thread I just finished watching a French series and I didn't have that problem with that one because the French also have a lot of different physical "types".

Being Brazilian, I've also experienced this problem especially to identify each individual face among East Asians, Scandinavians and Africans. The people from the same place and ethnicity in those lands look extremely similar to my unexperienced eyes (or actually possibly too experienced to a huge diversity of phenotypes) and I've often found it hard to tell them apart and understand the relations of the characters very well in Japanese, Korean and Swedish movies. People from Central Europe and especially Southern Europe look much more diverse or at least their traits are more easily distinguishable to me, because I've never had that same problem with Spaniard, Italian or French movies.

Being Brazilian, I've also experienced this problem especially to identify each individual face among East Asians, Scandinavians and Africans. The people from the same place and ethnicity in those lands look extremely similar to my unexperienced eyes (or actually possibly too experienced to a huge diversity of phenotypes) and I've often found it hard to tell them apart and understand the relations of the characters very well in Japanese, Korean and Swedish movies. People from Central Europe and especially Southern Europe look much more diverse or at least their traits are more easily distinguishable to me, because I've never had that same problem with Spaniard, Italian or French movies.

Yes, those are the groups I have the most trouble with in terms of distinguishing between individual faces or even national groups. The series I was watching was from Sweden, as a matter of fact. :) I sometimes have the same problem with Eastern Europeans, when watching Russian films, for example.

The only talk show I regularly watch, although I sometimes only can get clips of small segments, is the Graham Norton Show from Britain. Rafe Fiennes was on recently and said he often gets mistaken for Liam Neeson. That one I don't get at all: to me they're clearly distinguishable. However, could it be that I can so easily tell them apart be because I'm surrounded by British Isles types?

ralph-fiennes-premiere-coriolanus-01.jpg
Liam-Neeson-Famous-Girlfriend.jpg

@Angela

No one can tell the tribes apart, and that's not the point. The problem when showing how Peninsula Arabs look like is that unlike other ethnicities, crowd pictures don't usually work, because of the very large number of foreign nationals or citizens of non-Tribal background (mainly descended from non-Arab Muslims that migrated to Arabia in the Middle Ages), and of course you can't see women in such schemes.

And then there is the problem of cherry picking accusations, which is annoying.

Because Tribal Arabs didn't (and still to a large extent don't) mix with non-Tribal Arabs, they retain a distinctive phenotype.

For example, the Saudi football team is not representative at all.

41406BD900000578-4587018-image-a-111_1496974208245.jpg

Minus the distinctive clothing I still think a good number of the men on the pages of tribal people don't look that different from Palestinians or Gaza people on the one side or Egyptians on the other. Others are more distinctive.

I think they all have 2 major types.

1 is the one with big cheeks and round face
2 is the one with very narrow face almost skinny

but all have common the nose,
and much more asian eyes (narrow, or as almond)
it is very obvious at their women cause they paint/make up it so

I think the main characteristic of Arabs is nose and eyes.
they are very close to caucasian look with more eastern/asian eyes

^^ To Ironside

It seems at first glance that they are more homogeneous or certain characteristics that are repeated more with the naked eye and also when dressing all the same gives the sensation that identification is more difficult, but obviously there are differences between them.

I wanted to ask you a question: What does the little finger mean up?

[QUOTE = IronSide; 532895] Lo siento, no entendí, ¿qué dedo meñique? [/ QUOTE]

The fist of the closed hand and the small finger or little finger up.

[QUOTE = IronSide; 532895] Lo siento, no entendí, ¿qué dedo meñique? [/ QUOTE]

The fist of the closed hand and the small finger or little finger up.

Wikipedia
Raising a pinky finger can be used as an insulting gesture to imply that a man has a small penis.

:)

Are these pictures representative? Some of the people look like your average "Levantine". You as a Saudi should know..

Yes its very representative, Levantines have similar genetics, Arabia was populated from the Levant.

I think they all have 2 major types.

1 is the one with big cheeks and round face
2 is the one with very narrow face almost skinny

but all have common the nose,
and much more asian eyes (narrow, or as almond)
it is very obvious at their women cause they paint/make up it so

I think the main characteristic of Arabs is nose and eyes.
they are very close to caucasian look with more eastern/asian eyes

I never really grasped what the "Arabid" racial classification is, the only type that I have some understanding of is "Armenoid", I of all people here should know given that I'm a tribal Arab, but I was never into these old classifications anyway.

The Arabid race is thought to have originated within the Arabian Peninsula, and it is currently predominant there as well. It is a major element in the Levant region of the Middle East, and a minor element in other parts of Western Asia.[2]

The type is known as Araboid in forensic pathology and anthropology. In the Near East region, it is heavily mixed with the Armenoid race. This Armenoid-Araboid hybrid type is alternatively known as the Assyrid.

Maybe someone could educate me ? what would "Arabid" look like from the people in the pictures ? the distribution of these old racial classifications resembles the distribution of genetic components "Caucasian" and "Southwest Asian".

I see more African influence in the general urban population where as the Isolated tribes in Arabia look like regular dark Caucasoid types. As opposed to stereotypes pure blooded Arabians tend to have long and straight noses and medium to dark brown skin tone.

Pure Bedouin man, some of them look like dark skinned European Mediterraneans altough the Arabid race is also referred as a desert adapted mediterranean type.

12014277375_05f5ba9387_b.jpg

Another pure Arab type

cd2f309b511fab55cd9e45aba76d7082.jpg

20120116-israel-5182.jpg

I see more African influence in the general urban population where as the Isolated tribes in Arabia look like regular dark Caucasoid types. As opposed to stereotypes pure blooded Arabians tend to have long and straight noses and medium to dark brown skin tone.

Pure Bedouin man, some of them look like dark skinned European Mediterraneans altough the Arabid race is also referred as a desert adapted mediterranean type.

12014277375_05f5ba9387_b.jpg

Another pure Arab type

cd2f309b511fab55cd9e45aba76d7082.jpg

20120116-israel-5182.jpg

Those are Jordan Bedouins ?

Yes you're right, the nose is in most cases straight, the curvature is usually in the tip of the nose, like these cases:

maxresdefault.jpg

algharafa_fhid_927628317.jpg

81df2e3d81761cd97569cf192ce2521a.jpeg

It gives it the illusion of being curved.

This thread has been viewed 15810 times.

Back