Turmeric compound boosts regeneration of brain stem cells

Aberdeen: One problem with medical use of cannabis is that older patients generally dislike the high it creates. Another problem is that smoking it is the best way to control dosage, but smoking is not a very healthy way to ingest anything.

Yes, that seems to be true, but it's not just the elderly who dislike "getting high". Some people didn't even like it as teen-agers. :)

Someone should do a study one day and figure out why some people enjoy it, and other recreational drugs, and why it is so emphatically the opposite for others. (I leave aside the pretty obvious cases where some people are self-medicating for various psychological/psychiatric disorders.)

Ed. I will report back in a few weeks if I suddenly find that I no longer need grocery or to do lists!

Yes, that seems to be true, but it's not just the elderly who dislike "getting high". Some people didn't even like it as teen-agers. :)

Someone should do a study one day and figure out why some people enjoy it, and other recreational drugs, and why it is so emphatically the opposite for others. (I leave aside the pretty obvious cases where some people are self-medicating for various psychological/psychiatric disorders.)

Ed. I will report back in a few weeks if I suddenly find that I no longer need grocery or to do lists!

So, you're one of those people who never enjoyed getting high, even as a teenager? In my younger days, I heard vague, dark rumours about such people, but it was only spoken of in whispers. LOL. To be honest, if I needed medical cannabis, I doubt I would enjoy the high anymore. But it's been a lifesaver for some friends of mine

So, you're one of those people who never enjoyed getting high, even as a teenager? In my younger days, I heard vague, dark rumours about such people, but it was only spoken of in whispers. LOL. To be honest, if I needed medical cannabis, I doubt I would enjoy the high anymore. But it's been a lifesaver for some friends of mine

LOL...yes, our pleasures were other...:LOL:

Seriously, perhaps some people don't like that feeling of disorientation or altered perception. Another issue for some might be the fear of being undignified or making a 'brutta figura' or losing self-control. Who knows what could come out?:grin:

Personally, I don't relish even being around people who don't have themselves 'well in hand' as they say. The first time I was with someone who was high, and he was laughing uncontrollably and then started to blather on about the colors in a rainbow, my hand absolutely itched with the desire to administer a sound slap across his face.

You know, like this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0x-fkSYDtUY

Drunks are far, far worse, of course. Professionally I've seen first hand the havoc they can wreak. Even in rather more humorous situations, as a grown woman in New Orleans during Mardi Gras (what an absolute abomination of a celebration, in my view), some drunken, fat (and shirtless!), troglodyte stinking of beer vomited all over my expensive Italian designer shoes, and my feet, of course. I was absolutely incandescent with rage. I pushed him into the street where he landed sprawled in the gutter; I really wanted to use those spike heels where they would do some lasting damage, but I controlled myself!

Ah well, I sound properly antediluvian don't I? Luckily, there are other ways to party.:)

Last edited:

This thread has been viewed 16267 times.

Back