Vatican Warns Catholics Against Marrying Muslims

JUst an example of recent life...
an italian woman married a north african guy the first years all ok than he decided to move in another town were he had a lot of relatives ...from that moment her life changed....always in the house and cannot go out....dress like their women
and only cook and clean....her life completed changed...and finally she escaped.
Yes there are wonderful persons but the voice of extrem islamics is very loud
and bring violence also agaist people that went there in Iraq only to help and work
not soldiers.....
Am agree with many of you that in this world we have lot o good people and some bad and some very bad....everywere....
Unfortunaly some religions are traslated in a different way and push peopole to kill
Can you image the pope inviting the western countries s to make a war against the islamic world? (this happened 500 years ago or more).
I suppose that all important imam shoud try to pacify the situation....and help
to have in Iraq a new free end democratic gov. but it seems that they wish more an Iran model were the imam is also che prime minister....and all the decisions and laws must follow the religion orders....
My question is Iraq ready for a democracy.?.....most of middle east countries are not real democracies let's see
Algeria or Libia or Siria....
My opinion is that another saddam will come and put them under another strong gov.
without democracy perhaps they do not need to be free.....and i do not think us r other will go there again.....qhen the last soldier willl leave Iraq no one will be back there....this what I image...but I can make a mistake.....those places are a mistery for me....they are fighting wetern after they willl fight between them as they did before
with curdi and in those moment the y apparently forget the islam religion
Sciiti and sunnites are enemies but all islamics...so were is the religion
when they must fight to obtain the power?
Villages of curdi have been destroied in the past..... ye it was saddam's orders but so many generals and soldier did all that were were their religion they pray so much..
but to killl all those civilians they did not need corano.

I'm a little bit late, sorry

kirei_na_me said:
Okay, whatever you say.

I just see many problems with all religions. I think religion is one of the major causes of the many problems in this world.
well, yes, and I would say that it is the major cause, in fact. Religion and race, and those 2 ingrediens are so closely knitted that one doesn't make much difference.

DoctorNO said:
Religions are not created/invented equal. Some are better, some are worst.
Some are better, some are worth ?
Who can say such silly things ????

Hachiko said:
Pope John Paul II delivers his speech to U.S. Bishops during a special audience in the Clementine Hall at the Vatican Friday, May 14, 2004. Bishops of the U.S. Episcopal Conference arrived for ''Ad Limina Apostolorum'' visit. (AP Photo/ Osservatore Romano)
What does the pope knows about mariage ?
or about anything about the life outside Vatican ?
Nothing I guess.

Morfos said:
I can see ...
... Kerry for President ? IS that a message you try to pass on ?
He'll be OK, don't worry.

bossel said:
Sorry, but you're pretty wrong here: all religions change more or less over time.
Islam is not one massive block with a unified ideology. You have some strange fundamentalists as you have progressives, pretty much like in Christianity or in Judaism.
There is a certain trend towards extreme attitudes in parts of Islam, but these cannot be explained by religious reasons alone.
Those muslim HERETICS prove nothing, yet. Sunni & Shia Islam which comprise 99% of Islam remains unchanged for 1400 years and is still resistant to change today.

Morfos said:
But the Holy Bible in America says that gay people will be put to death, that we should burn women who lay with beasts, and that nonbelievers will spend an eternity in the firey lakes of Hell.
Christians don?t do those things. You know why? Because they know that not everything in the bible was commanded for them.

Morfos said:
I certaintly don't hate Muslims though, only ignorant people would.
It is unethical to hate a whole group of people.

Morfos said:
They are not tolerated in Christianity either. In Christianity they will all spend an eternity in the lakes of hell (except for Catholicism). Isn't that sweet or what? :p
The Pope doesn?t even prohibit nor penalize catholics from marrying Muslims. In Christianity the Christians are allowed to mingle with non-Christians.

Morfos said:
Certaintly. Buddhism and certain Anamist religions are the best. They are more open minded towards other people and their religions fit along with science.
Very true.

Morfos said:
Islam is arguably the worst, but Christianity is pretty bad in how it contradicts science so horribly (ex: Creationism, Earth being 10,000 years old, Noah's Flood being real all over the world, Dinosours and man once living together, fossiles being the remains of the flood, Adam and Eve, etc...).
Christianity is composed of hundreds of sects. What you say only holds true for just a fraction of Chrisitianity. Catholic Christianity for one does not hold to the creationist view. They believe in Theistic Evolution.

aaltunn said:
hi DoctorNo...
well not completely true...
any foreigner with any religion can marry with a muslim at turkey...no limitations....
only the problem is the religion of the children.....they have to cover the fathers' religion(not strictly compulsory) to the age of 16-18(idont remember the exact value).at that age free to chose either...
What you say is proof of muslim rebellion to islam for the quran clearly prohibits muslim women from marrying non-muslims. And muslim men are only limited to marrying Muslims, Christians & Jews.

yimija said:
Some are better, some are worth ?
Who can say such silly things ????
What you think is ?silly? is actually approved by many posters here. :)

Catholic Christianity for one does not hold to the creationist view. They believe in Theistic Evolution.

That is true. I was mostly talking about the Protestants though. The Catholics also except purgitory instead of damning all unbelievers to hell. Protestants usually believe in creationism.

[

What does the pope knows about mariage ?
or about anything about the life outside Vatican ?
Nothing I guess.

The pope knows a lot as the priest prepare the couples to the catholic marriage....and many priests help copule that are going to divorce...
and now divorces are much more than before.
The catholic church teach to do not have relqations outside the marriage
so fidelity and have sons....time are changed the people is deifferente thn 100 years ago, this life can destroy anyone.....the new enemy now is the stress....i paids personally an hign price for this stress..

Catholic church allows separations but only with Sacra ruota
is like a clerical judge.....and not the church doe not reconized civil
separartion or divorce.

This s the religion or you accept all the laws or you do not follow it.
Harder are the laws of the Geova's son.....or Islam.....
Even buddhist have their rules....and must follow if you wish to be a busshist
also in this case what a buddhist monk could know about marriage if he passed most of his life in a temple?
see you

... Kerry for President ? IS that a message you try to pass on ?
He'll be OK, don't worry.[/QUOTE]

Yo! Ippolito is the only one trying to keep this post on-topic.

Either bring it back to what the Pope has said about marriage or take this elsewhere. JREF has had its share of run-away Islam threads and this will not become one of them.

Thanks......anyway as I am not the pope or and important imam
my simple opinion is that they should close and agreement
in case of a mix religion marriage both could mantain his own religion and follows as before with any external forces to renunce to his/her religion.
in this cas i see only a civilian marriage as to find a finel solution..
about the children this will be a big problem who decides which religion they must follow?
Muslim don't give a lot of importance of woman wishes....meanwhile in western world
the women has more power in the family life (in comparison to muslins women).

why force children...

ippolito said:
about the children this will be a big problem who decides which religion they must follow?
We don't agree, my friend Ippolito-san let the children grow OUTSIDE religion and let them choos when they have enough clear vision to choose by themself wich one or none.

ippolito said:
Muslim don't give a lot of importance of woman wishes....meanwhile in western world
the women has more power in the family life (in comparison to muslins women).
It's about time woman gets her place in this world, is ti not ?

This my friend is difficolt for catholics when they just born
th must have battesimo than at 12 comunione and in a second time cresima.....these are important steps for the religion
i don't know the islamic lows for children nut I know they should read corano when they are very youngs....
The theoricl solution shuold be thet they will decide at 18th year old.
What kind of vision they could have if the is a family conflict about religon
if the mother is christian and father islamic?
Till they are children they would feel the religion lessons of their parents and get very confused, is God or Allah the wright way?
Do you think there is another solution to this problem?
have a nice day
Ippolito

yimija said:
We don't agree, my friend Ippolito-san let the children grow OUTSIDE religion and let them choos when they have enough clear vision to choose by themself wich one or none.

It's about time woman gets her place in this world, is ti not ?

live the children outside all this

ippolito said:
This my friend is difficolt for catholics when they just born
th must have battesimo than at 12 comunione and in a second time cresima.....
Of course not Ippolito, thes DO NOT NEED BAPTISME. Three quarter of the world IS NOT baptised and they still can live. If this is so important let the child decde if yes or no he wants it when she/he is old enough to know.
ippolito said:
these are important steps for the religion
i don't know the islamic lows for children nut I know they should read corano when they are very youngs....
Well, it's the same for every body even buddhisme, dont force them into it. Give them a good and respectuous education without the fear of a "superior being"
ippolito said:
The theoricl solution shuold be thet they will decide at 18th year old.
What kind of vision they could have if the is a family conflict about religon
if the mother is christian and father islamic?
Till they are children they would feel the religion lessons of their parents and get very confused, is God or Allah the wright way?
Do you think there is another solution to this problem?
have a nice day
Ippolito
yes, it should not be theorical but practical, Ippolito san.
I wish you an excellent day.

well dear Jimija also I do not folllow the corano.. and almost of europeans don't
but we are alive.
i suppose if you are complitely involved like some friends of mine that take children to the church or other koreans friends that follows evangelics churches
in these cases all the family is involved...and how can you say to you sons :
do not come with us to the church ? You will decide this later...
for Batisme....if you are christian you must do it to your sons or you just
do not follow any religions and in that case...it is very pratical just do what you like....with you and your sons....and do not involve them in any religion.
The main question in this forum is to trust or not....if you trust in a religion
you should follows the rules ad laws of that religion, but if you don't you are not engaged with any priests or monks.....just live as you wish under the civil laws.
also you have a nice day
Ippolito

I must say that I tend to agree with ippolito. Personally I do not practice or favor any religion in particular, however I tend to be drawn by Taosim and Budism. In a lot of Balkan countries, arab muslims have come for whatever reason and they are bringing their ways with them. They marry with local poor village girls and force them into wearing those concealing garments and act in the same way that their women do back home. So I could understand the Pope's request to the women. I mean just the fact that the prophet himself had several wives puts the status of women lower in Islamic society. Now there are some countries, like Turkey, which is a secular country due to the heavy reform of their great leader in the early 1900's, Mustafa Kemal Ataturk, that has a society very similar to that of other christian countries in the Balkan.

Bleh. Let them marry, they are almost as messed up as each other. Bickering between two groups/people who both believe in a different 'god' is one of the funniest things in the world one can observe.

Especially seeing as they're both blatant rip-offs of Judaism and Yahweh anyways. Whinge about that below:

I don't like Christianity or Islam since I believe that if a person believes in god or in some type of higher power, that's between that person and his deity, and if the organized religions have a problem, then bring it up to the patents office. I say this because I want to state where I stand regarding organized religions, which for me sometimes border the looks of a mind mafia.

Said that, I can say that I agree and understand the Pope stand about inter-religion marriages as I would agree if it had been told by a Muslim Imam, because he is just doing his job, that is to protect his religion from the eroding of faithfulls, being it to death, agnosticism, atheism or defection to other belief. I think it is a rare case of the developing of a spine by the Vatican folks, because in past and current world crisis, they optioned to remain silent, and in a way it is funny, because if in the Islamic societies, the sexual discrimination is blatant, the Vatican does condemns it among its faithful... as long as the condemnation remains outside of their ranks (have you ever seen any women in red robes? Is a woman faith less than of a man?).

yimija said:
Is the pope still talking ? For the past... few years I could never understand what he is saying. The brave man should take a nice rest, he more than desserves it due to his illness and age.

As for Muslims, please DO NOT make foolish mistakes believing they are AlQuaida. Only a very little number, a more than minor proportion are. The great majority are respectfull, even if non-muslim dont always understand.
I think the situation and US (+ coalition) attitude in Arab countries makes things worst for the moment.

Thanks yimija for your reply :bravo: . Arabic media talk about them as being tourists and not heroes. Even Imams, religious men, keep giving Muslims lectures about how this is not related to Muslims and the consequence of the terrorists activities. I'm fed up with the whole thing.. Those bastards are doing whatever they want to do and peaceful Muslims have to pay :eek:kashii:

Concerning getting married to a Muslim, I have seen many Christians marry Muslims.. Many of them converted to Islam before marriage, others did that later and some of them kept their religion..

*relief* talking about religions is hard to me ...

Peace
AranzA

DoctorNO said:
Muslims are as human as you & me. They can be sweet, funny, vengeful, helpful, etc. The real problem comes when you let them rule your lives with their Islamic laws.

In Islam women are not allowed to marry non-muslims. Only Muslim men are allowed to marry non-muslims but this is only limited to Christians & Jews, the only other religions that Islam respects. Buddhists, Hindus & Pagans are not tolerated in Islam.

i am with u doctor ,, it is right men can marry non muslim (just Christians & Jews)) but women can't but there r resoan

thanx :cool:

sweet said:
i am with u doctor ,, it is right men can marry non muslim (just Christians & Jews)) but women can't but there r resoan

thanx :cool:

What reason is that ?

its realy to bad to see so many hateful people about islam here.
arent you guys thinking about what would happen if 2human from 2 different religion comes together..
what will happen their childs? they will both want their childrens believe what he/she believe
so i think without having same religon,marrying will be very wrong...

"Religion is the opiate of the masses."

Karl Marx

The more ignorant a person is, the more religious he is likely to be.

This thread has been viewed 23816 times.

Back