Question What do you want to do with your body after you die ?

What do you want your body to become after dying ?

• I want to be buried with a religious ceremony

Votes: 2 5.9%
  • I want to be buried without religious ceremony

Votes: 1 2.9%
  • I want to be cremated with a religious ceremony

Votes: 3 8.8%
  • I want to be cremated without religious ceremony

Votes: 8 23.5%
  • I want to give my body to science

Votes: 3 8.8%
  • I want to give my body to science, but still have a religious ceremony

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I want my body to be eaten by animals (crows, crocodiles, lions...) to reintegrate the cycle of life

Votes: 2 5.9%
  • I want my body to be thrown into the sea

Votes: 1 2.9%
  • I want to be cryogenized, so that I can be brought back to life when technology allows it

Votes: 6 17.6%
  • Not a clue !

Votes: 4 11.8%
  • Other possibility (please specify)

Votes: 4 11.8%

• Total voters
My wife and I have a burial plot. We plan to have a tombstone. A newspaper notice and a few words spoken by someone wh Knows me well should suffice.

I want a Catholic ceremony and be buried, but before the worms eat my body that Christians enjoy.

I want to donate my body to scientist research.

I want to donate my body to scientist research.
One can also donate your body parts to other people. I carry a card with me which says so. One never knows when she may die, so why not to be useful to other people?

Giving your body to science is also useful to other people, not as immediately as donating your organs for sure, but still useful. For example in a university future pyshicians could learn with your dead body, so when they graduate they are skillful enough

As for cryogenization, science will never recover back to life cryogenised corpses. All the cells are destroyed by the cold.

I haven't decided yet.

Giving your body to science is also useful to other people, not as immediately as donating your organs for sure, but still useful. For example in a university future pyshicians could learn with your dead body, so when they graduate they are skillful enough

My grandma used to say so, she always wanted her body donated for scientific research... But it didn't happened after all - at the end of her life she was very ill and then we buried her and never remembered about her wish... So make concrete arrangement for that now! :)

Last edited:
Now that this topic has been revived, I wish to add that I am against cremation in general for four reasons :

1) it destroys DNA, which makes it impossible for (future) population geneticists to study whole populations if cremation is the norm of that particular society (which is why we have so little Roman-era DNA samples)

2) it prevents a fast recycling of organic matter by other life beings (insects, worms, etc.)

3) on a large scale, when hundreds of millions of bodies are cremated each year, it pollutes the air and increase global warming (just like a coal factory would)

4) it prevents use of the body for science and organs donation to people who need them.

This thread has been viewed 58969 times.

Back