What is the most interesting Y-DNA haplogroup?

What haplogroup is the most interesting to you?

• R1a

Votes: 6 14.3%
  • R1b

Votes: 3 7.1%
  • T

Votes: 4 9.5%
  • G

• I1

• I2

Votes: 10 23.8%
  • E1b1b

• N1c

• J1

Votes: 1 2.4%
  • J2

Votes: 6 14.3%
  • Q

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Saying "Jewish people" when talking about genetics is way too general, the largest group that shares significant IBD are the Sephardis and Ashkenazis aka western Jewry. Even though they make up the majority of Jews, they don't make all of them.
I see. Thanks for the explanation.

On the other hand, I'm sure T is not monolithic. .

we only know that, according to

van Oven M, Van Geystelen A, Kayser M, Decorte R, Larmuseau HD (2014). "Seeing the wood for the trees: a minimal reference phylogeny for the human Y chromosome".

from Ydna - F , came haplogroups GHIJKLT all together, then G branched off first, later H branched off and then IJ split away
Clearly these 6 ( unless LT is meant to be one marker under LT-P326 ) are basically the same period of time.

Hard to say...

At this moment, for me, most interesting is my haplogroup N1a P189.2 :)

I don't know if a mystery serves as interesting. To me migration of humans is partly wrong. Humans do not have the range of animals so if anything ancient humans spread as the newer generations or junior had had to move as the older son or daughter likely was given the territory for hunting or whatever. Now Hg. D is found in Tibet and Japan. Their route was along the southern coast of Asia. I think the Andaman Islanders are Hg. D. All along the southern coast of India they seem to have been wiped out either by the rising sea or the the Hg. K group that came out of the Persian Gulf. What happened to Hg. D outside of Tibet and Japan?

Not haplo wise, but the most controversal famous persons belong to E - Einstein, Hitler, Napoleon.. Good and evil geniuses.

And the Wright brothers, and Pharaoh Ramesses III, and Nelson Mandela.

Y-haplogroup E seems to be one of the biggest, if not the biggest, multiracial haplogroups (if you accept the concept of race). People of type E can be any color, essentially. Yes, haplogroups are not races (cf. the R1b population of Cameroon) , but when was the last time you saw a white B or a black I? Haplogroup T also displays this to some extent - Thomas Jefferson plus a lot of Ethiopians.

I find Haplogroup E the most interesting.

I find Haplogroup E the most interesting.

What do you find interesting about E?

As much as I want to pick something other than the "obvious" choice of T, I'm going to have to pick T. It's so mysterious because it doesn't have a clear historical explanation. The other ones seem to have fairly likely explanations:

R1a: Indo-European "Satem" speakers
R1b: Indo-European "Centum" speakers
T: ???
G: Caucasian speakers
I1: Pre-Indo-European Stone-Age Europeans
I2: Pre-Indo-European Stone-Age Europeans
E1b1b: North African Afro-Asiatic speakers, including Egyptians and Berbers
N1c: Uralic peoples/speakers
J1: Semites
J2: Semites, Assyrians
Q: Mongols, Turkic speakers

As much as I want to pick something other than the "obvious" choice of T, I'm going to have to pick T. It's so mysterious because it doesn't have a clear historical explanation. The other ones seem to have fairly likely explanations:

R1a: Indo-European "Satem" speakers
R1b: Indo-European "Centum" speakers
T: ???
G: Caucasian speakers
I1: Pre-Indo-European Stone-Age Europeans
I2: Pre-Indo-European Stone-Age Europeans
E1b1b: North African Afro-Asiatic speakers, including Egyptians and Berbers
N1c: Uralic peoples/speakers
J1: Semites
J2: Semites, Assyrians
Q: Mongols, Turkic speakers

N1c is interesting as it spread very late over Indo-European peoples, they could not have not been hunter gatherers and there are clear signs of elite dominance.

And the Wright brothers, and Pharaoh Ramesses III, and Nelson Mandela.

Y-haplogroup E seems to be one of the biggest, if not the biggest, multiracial haplogroups (if you accept the concept of race). People of type E can be any color, essentially. Yes, haplogroups are not races (cf. the R1b population of Cameroon) , but when was the last time you saw a white B or a black I? Haplogroup T also displays this to some extent - Thomas Jefferson plus a lot of Ethiopians.

I would say it's rather hg R that deserves the title of the most "multiracial" haplogroup...

R1a: Indo

E is interesting to me because of all the people who have come out as E, Hitler, Napolean, the Wright brothers and such. And I find its distribution interesting. More so the E-V13 clade.

I think the most interesting DNA is I2a1 because its probably the father-gene of most early Western Europeans!

I think the most interesting DNA is I2a1 because its probably the father-gene of most early Western Europeans!

Lol can't argue with that.

This thread has been viewed 36845 times.

Back