What is your favourite American TV series ?

What is your favourite American TV series ?

• Total voters
I know it's a bit older, but I Love Lucy still holds a very special place in my heart. It's amazing that the show is not only still funny to someone who has seen almost every episode multiple times, but has been steadily funny as I've grown from a kid to a young adult.

Other favorites:
Family Guy
The Norm Show
The Simpsons (up to about season 10)

I left off talk shows or variety shows because their quality is more contingent on who's on and varies far more.

I think at least half the shows on the list are cancelled already. I guess the American TV shows they broadcast in other countries are a few years behind?

Anyway, some of my favorites right now are:
Arrested Development
Scrubs
The Office
Boston Legal

I don't know if any of these shows are broadcast in other countries. I guess TV shows are the one area where my tastes could really be considered typically American.

from this list, just x-files... too bad it's over

next would be ''6 feet under''... it's over too... :(

LOST... cant wait to see next episode... it is amasing

so, those are my three favourite tv series of all time :)

just a little list;
Lost
The soprano's
frasier
friends
invasion
the shield
law and order
x-files
roswell:conspiracies
my name is earl
ER
House
Scrubs
Family Guy
Southpark

The Sopranos
Sex and the City
ER

And that's only the beginning. I like older ones too. Thank goodness for TV Land.

My favorite isn't on there. Three guesses what it is... Yeah, it's The L Word. :)

I would love to see The L Word, but I don't have Showtime! :(

Get it on DVD then. I don't have Showtime either I just rent the DVDs.

I can't believe no one has mentioned The Andy Griffith Show.

That's why I said "thank goodness for TV Land", although I have every Andy Griffith episode recorded.

kirei_na_me said:
That's why I said "thank goodness for TV Land", although I have every Andy Griffith episode recorded.

Andy Griffith??? Good Lord! Kirei, I think there's something seriously wrong with you, my dear! This is a definite case of insane in the brain!

:D :D :D :D :D

Well, it's true!

How can one grow up in NC, not far from "Mayberry", and not be an Andy fan? :p

Andy Griffith was a great show. I don't have them on tape, but I've seen every episode and that goofy made for tv movie.

The X-Files, NYPD Blue, Seinfeld, and The Twilight Zone are my favorite shows.

I'm watching the Sex and the City seasons on DVD now. I'm almost done with season two and I think it's going to be one of my favorite shows too.

Mike Cash said:
I can't believe no one has mentioned The Andy Griffith Show.
And I can't believe nobody's mentioned "M*A*S*H" !
?W????

Sensuikan San said:
ジョン

My parents loved M*A*S*H. I always thought it looked like it would be a good show. I liked the movie.

kirei_na_me said:
Well, it's true!
How can one grow up in NC, not far from "Mayberry", and not be an Andy fan? :p

Well, I guess you can be excused since you're a country girl! :D

M*A*S*H is a great show. My dad loved it too, and I remember watching it with him when I was very young, maybe three and four years old. I watch it on Hallmark Channel sometimes now because it brings back good memories. I love Hawkeye!

Sensuikan San said:
?W????

I loved it when I was growing up. I recently watched a couple of episodes and found I couldn't even crack a smile at them anymore. Obviously, they didn't change...it must be me.

kirei_na_me said:

I think if I sent you the files, you would very rapidly find yourself a devoted fan of the old radio series "Lum & Abner". You would definitely see the influence they had on Andy Griffith when he put his show together.

This thread has been viewed 2953 times.

Back