What music are you listening to?

Pizzica ... Pizzica ... Puglia Tour

EDIT ... BELLISSIME Paesane ... :grin:

Last edited:
ELA ELA-Mu Conda
Canto in Griko (Salento Greek)

come, come close to me

... she’s from the Mountains, he’s from the Sea ... :)

Fimmene Fimmene (Women ...)
Gianni Nannini - Taranta Night 2020
(in Leccese) ... n
o crowds ...

How is her Leccese? :)

I love her no matter what she sings, but this one has always struck a chord with me:

How is her Leccese? :)

I love her no matter what she sings, but this one has always struck a chord with me:

Her Leccese is so so :)

I can tell that she’s not a a Leccese,

imo only the Calabresi and some Sicilians can pronounce words with tr or dr (thr, dhr) like the Leccesi,

... the dhr in Beddhra / Beddrhu (beautiful) should be pronounced like the dr in the English word drawer (hard word for many ... lol), Even in some parts of Salento they have trouble saying Beddhra, they say Beddha instead.

Quattro (4) is Quatthrru, ... strong tthrru.
(In her ‘fimmine’ song, the choir pronounces 4 correctly)

The 'Red Apple', and the 'Red Apple tree'

There is a myth, both among Turks and Greeks,

The 'KIZIL ELMA' = Red apple is for the Turks, the ultimate of Turk legend for Turkish nation. some believe is Constantinoupolis as capital of world, some say other etc etc

the same myth exists also in Greeks as 'KOKKINI MILIA' = 'Red apple tree'

Red Apple tree is at the lands of birth Ottoman Mohamet B
and a Greek king will push Turks there, and cut the tree , so they will be burned by the sun,
Nobody knows where is the red apple tree except the birds.
So the 'stone King' every year sends 2 birds from his tomb at Magnesia (Manissa), the era of Zeybek fiesta, to fly there to see if it is the allowed to wake, by God time,
if one bird returns then he will wake from his sleep as petrified.

Πρώτη σου γέννα νύφη μου Θεός να μας τ’ αξιώσει,
μέσα στην Κόκκινη Μηλιά τους Τούρκους να ζυγώξει.

Last edited:
The 'Red Apple', and the 'Red Apple tree'

There is a myth, both among Turks and Greeks,

The 'KIZIL ELMA' = Red apple is for the Turks, the ultimate of Turk legend for Turkish nation. some believe is Constantinoupolis as capital of world, some say other etc etc

the same myth exists also in Greeks as 'KOKKINI MILIA' = 'Red apple tree'

Red Apple tree is at the lands of birth Ottoman Mohamet B
and a Greek king will push Turks there, and cut the tree , so they will be burned by the sun,
Nobody knows where is the red apple tree except the birds.
So the 'stone King' every year sends 2 birds from his tomb at Magnesia (Manissa), the era of Zeybek fiesta, to fly there to see if it is the allowed to wake, by God time,
if one bird returns then he will wake from his sleep as petrified.

Πρώτη σου γέννα νύφη μου Θεός να μας τ’ αξιώσει,
μέσα στην Κόκκινη Μηλιά τους Τούρκους να ζυγώξει.

... song considered the Anthem of the Griko (Italiot Greek spoken by Griko people in Salento and in Calabria)

... song considered the Anthem of the Griko (Italiot Greek spoken by Griko people in Salento and in Calabria)

tsai poy pao poy syro poy steo
sten cardia moy sena basto (vasto)

kai poy pao poy syro poy steko
sten kardia moy esena basto (vasto)

and whereever I go, I trail my feet , I stand
in my heart, I hold you.

τσαι που παω που συρω που στεω
στην καρδια μου εσενα βαστω

Last edited:
btw

Britain 70's pioneer punk scene group
hqdefault.jpg

Live at USA Atlanta

Beautifully presented and sang.

BTW, I just received a speeding ticket from the town of Melpignano in Grecia Salentina (after one year from the time of offense) :LOL:.

Beautifully presented and sang.

BTW, I just received a speeding ticket from the town of Melpignano in Grecia Salentina (after one year from the time of offense) :LOL:.

They usually send it to me after 6 / 8 months.

I get a ticket every time I go back at the same traffic light, ... looks like I need some extra time before remembering that in Italy there’s no right turn on red, LOL

@Maciamo, here is one I think we would both like:

Miklós Rózsa had some real talent.

[video=youtube;Bguzg_PZljM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=2&v=Bguzg_PZljM&feature=emb_ti tle[/video]

Basil Poledouris was another fantastic composer, I especially like when the song picks up around the 2:25 mark.

Thunderstruck:
Battleship Missouri sails again ...

"The highlight, in everything, is improvisation.
Smudges everything with talent. "

"The highlight, in everything, is improvisation.
Smudges everything with talent. "

What a great find! I so envy people with this kind of musical talent. It's a gift. Tends to make me want to drop my choir memberships, though. It's embarrassing. :)

This is quite a different thing, different era, style, and not improvised, but it came across my feed. It's Connie Francis, an Italian-American singer of the 50s who hung on even post Beatles and the British invasion. Some of her songs have become iconic Americana.

Most people might just think: oh, nice voice, but what she does in those 2 and a half minutes would take years of practice and even then they couldn't do it,imo. She has incredible range, her vibrato is wonderful, her dynamic interpretation is fabulous, she glides on to notes to arrive at the precise pitch necessary, flows from light, high, head voice to deep chest voice in one phrase, and that "cry" rivals that of Patsy Cline and Kd Lang.

She was only 21 years old, and this is live. Poor thing, she had such a tragic life, but she was a fighter.

Who's Sorry Now? It's a cover of a classic.

Love is a many splendored thing: she has this sort of physical cue for herself that when she wants to go high and light barely letting her vocal cords come together, she brings the fingers of one hand together lightly. It's a great visualization technique for a singer.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wbs8EfgE4EI

She also was one of the first to create a big cross over market for Italian songs. Some of them went to number one, especially in England for some reason.

Al di La
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0_URJbCLqXE

What a great find! I so envy people with this kind of musical talent. It's a gift. Tends to make me want to drop my choir memberships, though. It's embarrassing. :)

This is quite a different thing, different era, style, and not improvised, but it came across my feed. It's Connie Francis, an Italian-American singer of the 50s who hung on even post Beatles and the British invasion. Some of her songs have become iconic Americana.

Most people might just think: oh, nice voice, but what she does in those 2 and a half minutes would take years of practice and even then they couldn't do it,imo. She has incredible range, her vibrato is wonderful, her dynamic interpretation is fabulous, she glides on to notes to arrive at the precise pitch necessary, flows from light, high, head voice to deep chest voice in one phrase, and that "cry" rivals that of Patsy Cline and Kd Lang.

She was only 21 years old, and this is live. Poor thing, she had such a tragic life, but she was a fighter.

Who's Sorry Now? It's a cover of a classic.

Love is a many splendored thing: she has this sort of physical cue for herself that when she wants to go high and light barely letting her vocal cords come together, she brings the fingers of one hand together lightly. It's a great visualization technique for a singer.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wbs8EfgE4EI

She also was one of the first to create a big cross over market for Italian songs. Some of them went to number one, especially in England for some reason.

Al di La
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0_URJbCLqXE

Gorgeous. She really skates between the notes :heart:

This guy might be batsh*t cray but musically he is a pioneer.

The rings all ringed out
Burn out, cave in
Blackened to dark out
I'm mixed now, fleshed out
There's light with no heat
We cooled out, it's cool out
Life is precious
We found out, we found out
We found out

... it’s a healing song too,
if you don’t believe me (and Bacchus) ... what do you have to lose? :)

Bite ... Pizzica ... Puglia Tour

This thread has been viewed 1198894 times.

Back