Which European groups have phenotypical overlap with the Middle East & North Africa?

Multiple choice; Which have resemblances to Middle East or North Africa?

• British and/or Irish

Votes: 4 6.3%
  • Scandinavians (Swedes, Norwegians, Danes)

Votes: 6 9.4%
  • Finns

Votes: 3 4.7%
  • Estonians, Latvians, and/or Lithuanians

• Russians

• Ukrainians

• Poles

• French

Votes: 9 14.1%
  • Spaniards and/or Portuguese

Votes: 24 37.5%
  • Germans, Austrians, and/or Dutch

• Corsicans

Votes: 13 20.3%
  • Sardinians

Votes: 17 26.6%
  • Northern Italians

Votes: 11 17.2%
  • Southern Italians and/or Sicilians

Votes: 37 57.8%
  • Albanians

Votes: 21 32.8%
  • Serbians, Bosnians, Croatians

Votes: 13 20.3%
  • Bulgarians or Romanians

Votes: 14 21.9%
  • Greeks

Votes: 35 54.7%
  • Other

Votes: 10 15.6%
  • None

Votes: 10 15.6%

• Total voters
Frisian?

Look how a real Frisian woman looks like.

doutzen-kroes-lmff09.jpg

Well..
This might work..

doutzen-kroes-lmff09.jpg

Well..
This might work..

doutzen-kroes-lmff09.jpg

hmmm, nearly a twin of my cousin, i say northern italian or austrian ( central and eastern alpine area )

According to Oracle Dodecad the Hungarians are genetically as close to north-africans as spaniards are.

with the middle east via West Asian genes, southern italy and the balkans.
Since middle eastern have west asian genes; and via some south west asian genes (more rarer in south east europe than caucasian genes).

South-eastern europeans haven't similarity with northern africans, (expecially greeks or people from the balkans); some similarity with ancient northern africans (possibly kabyle) is found in sicily, sardinia and portugal; but i would say mostly Malta and the Canaries are the more similar with north africans; i don't know about cyprus, but i suppose they are very different from north africans, and their exotic genes are from middle east

Similarities? The question is so wide that all the options really vote because I think you can find similarities in all.

Spaniards/Portuguese and Sicilians. Sicilians aren't Italian. That's why it's funny that they have majority vote. The OP should have separated normal Southern Italians from Sicilians for more accuracy.

Spaniards/Portuguese and Sicilians. Sicilians aren't Italian. That's why it's funny that they have majority vote. The OP should have separated normal Southern Italians from Sicilians for more accuracy.

Since you have been discharged, glad?

----------0-----------

I've been really good photos and you could say that of Western Europe, also Russia and many countries in Eastern Europe.

@Wormhole

What's your point? Let's put it this way, your agenda, ostensibly motivated by racial insecurity, doesn't work here - absurd.

The majority fraction of Spaniards and Portuguese are Atlantic in phenotype; evidenced by ~ 50% Northern, North-west and Eastern European autosomal DNA (an essential determinant of PHENOTYPE). See Eurogenes K-12. Mixed types, found primarily in large mainland urban municipalities and, to a lesser extent places like Madeira and the Azores, are NOT genetically autochthonous Iberians.

There is actually a wide range of looks in the Middle East, with some (like Lebanese, Armenians, Syrians) coming quite close to European-looking at times, whereas Saudis and Iraqis almost never do.

Your average Iraqi looks more similar to your average Levantine so there is no reason to mention them in one breath with Saudis. Not even your average Kuwaitis do to Saudis. Most Iraqis are related to Sunni Arab tribes in Southeast Syria and Jordan and allot have Iranic ancestors too. Kuwaitis are a more diverse bunch. The majority of Kuwaitis are of Arabs and Persian origin. Than you have a larger minority of Baloch, Palestinians, Kurds with some Pakistani and Indian communities/workers.

Iraqis
3664560859_53d58a8f94.jpg Iraqi+actress+Dina+Mousawi+2.jpg ALBERT_IRAQ_POLITIC_308808e.jpg

Kuwaitis
Kuwait-women-MPs-elected-002.jpgSongul.jpg

I'm a bit sick of these phenotypal threads. They always end up full of pictures of blond Armenians, ginger Egyptians and Albino Indians.

Armenians and Lebanese tend to be slightly lighter because Armenian's have a present chunk of R1b (30%), rivalling and defeating J2 for the countrie's highest paternal marker (25-30% as well.) They're lighter because more J2 I guess saves them from the extremely Arabian/olive-skinned look of the J1 Arabs. I personally noticed that southern middle easterners such as Saudis, Jordanians, Yemenites, Omanites almost always tend to be darker. Ironically they also have quite high J1 levels. There hair is always very black, they're skin very olive; many Lebanese and Armenians could probably pass for Mediterranean Europeans because they have thick black hair but a slightly lighter complexity, probably due to their higher R1a,R1b,J2 levels than Saudis or Iraqis have.

Again some person with a hidden agenda puts us in with these people. If somebody say we overlap with them he/she is either a liar or with agenda. So admit which one. Also why are we put on the same level as Romanians, we have different mentality, language,history etc. If u put us with Macedonians ofc true, with Serbs why not, but Romanians and Bulgarians, OK then Dutch and French is the same thing!!!!

I do not mean the maker of the poll but the 10 liar or propaganda people, which voted. I am here and I will fight for the truth!

This thread has been viewed 49543 times.

Back