Which government would you prefer.

Which kind of government do you think is best?

• democratic republic

Votes: 21 58.3%
  • democratic (parliamentary) monarchy

Votes: 3 8.3%
  • absolute monarchy

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • military dictatorship

Votes: 1 2.8%
  • theocracy

• anarchy

• democratic dictatorship

Votes: 2 5.6%
  • other

Votes: 7 19.4%

• Total voters
Seriously, I think there is nothing such as an ideal form of government. Some forms which work in certain societies at certain times wouldn't work in other societies in different times with totally different living conditions.

Depending on natural environment, like landscapes, abundance of water, animals, plants and other resources, even hunter-gatherer societies are or were not all organized in the same way. This can even have effect on sexual behavior like mono- or polygamy. Human kind has always been quite diverse in it's appearances, and depicting something as artificial or unnatural seems a little self-constructed to me.

I don't believe in an ideal government.

But a liberal democracy, where anyone is replaceable as soon as people realize they are not working in favor of them would be as close to ideal as possible I guess.

Liberal all the way, we each can make our choices as long as we do not hurt someone else - thats my 0.2.

Only an idiot would believe in democracy. Two wolves and a sheep voting on what's for dinner.

Good luck, idiots.

Only an idiot would believe in democracy. Two wolves and a sheep voting on what's for dinner.

Good luck, idiots.

Only an idiot will say such thinks,

2 wolfs and a sheep are not a group of same things,
it is nature will to follow,
bullshit thoughts,

if you believe according the society of humans as a society of animals,
then better start cannibalism, cause if I believe it also then I might bite you first.

and let me inform you something,

make 1 wolf bleed, the sheep is free,
cause wolf first attacks bleeding wolf and leaves the sheep,

that is people wisdom,
if the donkey hit 1 wolf first, then donkey leaves as winner cause wolfs attack the bleeding wolf

I know cause my grand pa was hunter,
and always tell that story, as advise,
make first 1 wolf to bleed.

Only an idiot will say such thinks,

2 wolfs and a sheep are not a group of same things,
it is nature will to follow,
bullshit thoughts,

if you believe according the society of humans as a society of animals,
then better start cannibalism, cause if I believe also then I might bite you first.

and let me inform you something,

make 1 wolf bleed, the sheep is free,
cause wolf first attacks bleeding wolf and leaves the sheep,

that is people wisdom,

if the donkey hit 1 wolf first, then donkey leaves as winner cause wolfs attack the bleeding wolf
Ok Greek. Guess too much Turk got to your brain.

Go read what your cousin, Plato, had to say about democracy.

You do realize that some people are smarter than others. Why would you let the stupid vote? If people are smarter than others their vote should count more than the others. Unless you believe stupid people can rule themselves. Then, if you accept this premise, go to Africa and live among the stupid.

Good luck, idiots.

Mmm, I suppose as you are obviously the font of all knowledge on the democratic system you should explain to all the uneducated idiots it's deficiencies and what would be the preferable system.

A couple of abusive and idiotic sentences don't make anything fact.

Ok Greek. Guess too much Turk got to your brain.

Go read what your cousin, Plato, had to say about democracy.

You do realize that some people are smarter than others. Why would you let the stupid vote? If people are smarter than others their vote should count more than the others. Unless you believe stupid people can rule themselves. Then, if you accept this premise, go to Africa and live among the stupid.

first of all learn who is δημος, it is not every body.
the mistake of modern systems is after USA and new policies which were coorect to new world, but wrong to old world,

I agree with plato,
some people are not to vote.
BUT NEXT TO PLATO IS SOCRATES HIS TEACHER AND SPEECH ABOUT THE WEAK
ΥΠΕΡ ΑΔΥΝΑΤΟΥ
better read that also, why we give the weak the same right as the strong,
the difference is in the meaning of Demos which is not all all people, but only those who have risk about the municipal.

in ancient SPARTA VOTE HAD ONLY OMOIOI 'EQUALS' WHY?
cause only them risk their life for sparta.
understanding that then we realize who's vote is correct,

before every vote is the apella or eklissia in which all cases must be heard,
and after is the vote,
democracy is a 'terrible' system, why? cause every time the ruler must afraid of revolt and hang,
something that is not in today systems, cause politicians learn you that democracy is every 5 years when you vote,
while democracy is in every day life,
workers did not vote in ancient athens, not even in sparta, quess why?
in roman times people vote for bucket of wheat,
today we say the word democracy every election time, we allow workers to vote, but after we f...orget them and after 5 years we call them to vote again.
Drugs are illegal all over world, but why exist? cause in democracy of every 5 years people do not have control to eliminate them.
understanding that, then you understand the ostracism, and why modern democracies are not real,

democracy in ancient Sparta was only a case of soldiers, who risk life
while in athens included merchants and every one that give to city defend like hire army.

that means that in ancient primitive democracy only those who risk life, or a land, a house, or pay taxes must vote, for city defence
while in case of judge like Ηλιαια (pericles judge) all citizens including workers should vote,
and foreigners (μετοικοι)vote was not allowed, while they were under protection of Gods and priest, and had only the freedom of speech
today we make citizen a foreigner in 4-5 years, while in ancient times needed a life time or his son or grand son was to become,

democracy in Ancient Sparta was like poor patrician affair WHO HAD NO LAND, and take about 4000 m2 when retired from omoioi, which was given back to state after their death
while in Athens was half patrician half plevean πληβειοι.

Democracy is the first case of clear different cases

others about judge, others about laws, others about military etc,
instead of απολυταρχεια (absolute) in which army judge laws was after 1 person.

when Plato speaks about democracy of Αριστοι means the same,
a soldier is not wise to vote about a workers law,
and a worker is not the correct to vote about the merchants law,

the stupidity today is that we have people wit 2-3 citizenshipsexample i have a EU passport, I have a USA passport, I have an Brazilian passportwhat am I and which country I serve with my vote?
that is not democracy that is a caricature of democracy.

moving votes,

as we have moving capitals we also have moving votes,
in greece we know that,
people that had 20-30 years to come to greece when election come, parties pay their tickets and bring them to vote, at least that was until 1996, after they vote in greek embassies,

so the vote of one who is 50 years abroad has the same weight with one who lives in country!!!!!
what a democracy!!!!!!

I prefer a de-centralized regional government which is neither left or right in philosophy

Smart and honest. :)

A constitutional monarchy with the supremacy going to the monarch. A government where the monarch rules and not just reigns. The monarch would be bound by constitutional principles and could not rule only according to fiat.

This thread has been viewed 30453 times.

Back