Religion why are not u a muslim?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Islam is in my opinion just like any modern organised religion (christianit, judaism), just with a different book to read through. They are all derivatives of one another: islam from christianity and Jewdaism, and christianity from jewdaism. what you get with islam is just sort of like Windows XP instead of Windows 95, roughly the same thing, but fewer problems. from that argument, choose islam cause its the upgraded christianity. but then again, know that every book can be misenterpreted and therefore any organised religion is a s bad as the next one: if there were no misinterpretations, then christianity wouldnt be split into sects and neither would islam. and wars wouldnt be fought because religions are designed to unite not split (only god splits them after death).

Just because a few muslims decided to take on the world doesn't mean that the other 1 billion of them are all evil; just because Hitler decided to conquer the world and kill all unpure people, doesnt mean we call all Germans racist psychopaths.

some people have issues with it because of the "women are objects" deal, and sure its not my cup o' tea, but to them its not that strange and i dont see the women standing up to the men like they did in the early 20th around Europe and america.

Sure, converting to islam now is something most people wouldn't do because of all the attacks since 2001 and hence peoples view of the religion.
myslef, if I had any inkling to join a religion, it'd be islam, just cause i'd get to rince chrisitianity which is worse than islam, but simply not so upfront in its "sins".

blessed said:
Islam is in my opinion just like any modern organised religion (christianit, judaism), just with a different book to read through. They are all derivatives of one another: islam from christianity and Jewdaism, and christianity from jewdaism. what you get with islam is just sort of like Windows XP instead of Windows 95, roughly the same thing, but fewer problems. from that argument, choose islam cause its the upgraded christianity.
That's crap, like Christianity is less then the Islam. A better comparison would be Linux and Windows, they both got good and bad points...

Yamatoblue said:
kintaro: Humans and dolls are not the same! :)(金太郎は:?人間と人形は同じ?を書いた。←すみません、文法が苦手・・・)
Also, you cannot be serious when you compare Islam to a suicide cult. Still, you haven't clearly explained WHY so many women have converted...are they all misinformed or brainwashed about the faith? Tell me that please.

An ad populem fallacy, the one you committed is irrelevant on the fact whether they are willing and kowledgeable or forced and dragged to Islam. I don't have to explain why so many convert, everyone has their reasons, but you used the first initial quote to boost islam's image. "its growing, it can't be bad." That in itself is wrong.

Also to really answer your question, some join voluntarily, some are dragged into it (husband, society, peer pressure) but in general, it grows like most sectarian influences : via breeding.

And my quote stands. I really do think that very few people control their own strings / remote in life. More often controlliung someone else's than being in command of their own.

60Yen said:
A better comparison would be Linux and Windows, they both got good and bad points...

Yeah, you're probably right, that is a better comparison. :sorry:

I tried to avoid this thread for a while, but it seems that it just keeps on going. Either moslema is wanting to continue this argument forever, or he is just bs-ing around with us pretending or smth cuz i can't find another explanation. Why am I not a muslim? Hm, i don't like to beleive in something that puts restrictions on my life.

Miss_apollo7 said:
Dear Moslema.
Did I insult you? Only because I am not a Muslim and don't agree with you? You are a Muslim, and of course I know you exist.
Problem is, I was brought up differently and believe in science to explain things, not religion.
OK, then, I think I had made it clear that I respect that you are a Muslim - and because I am not, I have insulted you with my beliefs and ideas?

My intention was not to insult you.
You should know that I have Muslim Arab friends from here in Denmark, England, and United Arab Emirates (I have spent some time in Dubai), and also from Egypt, Morocco, Bahrain, and I respect their choices and for being Muslims - I have attended one Muslim Arab engagement party of one of my childhood friend just only a month ago, which was a good party.

I don't discuss religion with them because an argument can be heated up - just like you are telling me that I have insulted you by having my beliefs, or you think I had said something wrong.

I am just not religious, but I would still consider myself an open-minded person because I respect every person's choices - no matter what they believe in, and I don't distinguish between my friends just because they are religious, because inside, they are nice people and good friends of mine.
I just believe in different things......:)

dear miss apollo,

ofcourse i didnt mean u!!

u may notice that i reply to posts in order..i came to miacomo s post to find myself insulted..yes

he talked in a way that nobody can accept..then i come to find him sending me a private message asking if i read his post(!!!)

well..i should have quoted.

i am sorry not to resume discussion now..a palestinian friend of mine was killed yesterday.

i will be back -in shaa ALLAH-

i guess that every body misunderstood too..

well,we r not that narrow minded!!

i will never reply any insults

and -in shaa ALLAH- will be back!

I believe we've all had enough of this.

Duo said:
I tried to avoid this thread for a while, but it seems that it just keeps on going. Either moslema is wanting to continue this argument forever, or he is just bs-ing around with us pretending or smth cuz i can't find another explanation. Why am I not a muslim? Hm, i don't like to beleive in something that puts restrictions on my life.
In Christian religion I didn't found those rules really restricting, more like tips...

60Y: Well, if Christianity was followed as in the Middle Ages or the Inquisition, it can be at par or worse with what is done in some parts of the world either "in the name of islam" or "in the name of MY version of islam"

kirei_na_me is right though. The basis of existence of this thread was to conjure either pro- or anti- islamic sentiment. Actual discussions about religion belong on forums like www.iidb.org

Please feel free to ask thousands of nontheists (agnostic, atheist, humanist) and the other hundreds of believers that lurk there "why they are not muslims" or better yet why they don't believe in anyone's version of the supernatural.

The only islam-based topic I could see on JREF would be in the religion and culture sub-forum about Islam in Japan, like # of members, how they are accepted in society, whast is different, etc.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi Moslema,

Now that I know you have read my post. Why don't you try to reply to it using all your logic and best arguments. I suppose that you were the only one finding my post offensive, because most people who do not believe in god or religion (maybe 1/3 of the people on the forum) totally agree with what I wrote (we discussed that a few months ago in antother thread).

If you disagree with what I said, please tell me why, and why it isn't this way (and how it should be). But I won't accept emotional comments such as "Allah want it this way", etc. I want rational, logical explanations. If you don't reply sincerely, I will close the thread.

Yours,

Maciamo

this is threatening i guess..

any way i shall resume.-in shaa ALLAH- today..

be there

@Moslema....
It's not threatening at all!! He's telling you to respond rationally rather than emotionally! Is there no room for rationality in your beliefs? You have done nothing to educate us about your religion, but rather have shown us an example of how closed-minded one of its members can be. My impression of the Muslim religion was actually better before you came on here wanting to fight everyone.

Since Moslema decided to share Maciamo's e-mail with us, I have to say that I completely agree with Maciamo and I think he dealt with it very fairly.

I haven't approved of the confrontational, closed-minded way this thread began and now I cast my vote to close it.

dont close the thread!
booker! im a fellow washingtonian in bellevue,WA!!

for your palestinian friend:
inna lilahi wa inna ilayhi raji'oon.

Yamatoblue said:
dont close the thread!

Here's an admin swinging his axe.... I advise everyone emotionally involved in this thread to take a deep breath and relax!

I have browsed through the posts and couldn't find anything that justified a closure. This forum is meant for discussion. While topics, views and opinions may be highly confrontational at times, we adhere to free speech.

Please let me quote our Forum Rules to clarify my point:

MUTUAL RESPECT
We built the Japan Forum on mutual respect. Feel at home and behave as if this forum is yours. Indeed, before you post pretend you run this forum: would you accept the message you intend to publish on your own forum? We encourage controversial discussion as long as you show respect to other members and their views/opinions. Avoid flaming and other offensive or profane behaviour. Don't launch personal attacks.

A simple clash of so-called "ratio vs. belief" is hardly sufficient for a thread's closure. Show respect and tolerance for other people's opinions. If you are unable to do that I strongly urge anyone involved here to refrain from posting. It's as simple as that.

Thanks. :wave: ..burries his axe..

Accusing a respected member of being verbally insulting for no big reason apparently than being different, I find it sick in itself.

Also, I don't appreciate religious zealots of any kind going to various forums with exit-only thoughts. Anything we say will in the end be blocked out by the person who out of twenty-nine posts on JREF, all 29 are in THIS thread.

{Cheap Shot Warning} I wonder if he/she can point Japan on a map...
(Yes, i think this general disregard warrants such an accusatory comment)

assalamu alaikum

i want to say that i didnt put the thread in this forum.i put it only once in the forum of"religion in J".then it was moved and i dont know why

did i fight anyone??
oh,i have never meant that.

moslema said:
i want to say that i didnt put the thread in this forum.i put it only once in the forum of"religion in J".then it was moved and i dont know why

The "Religion in Japan" category wasn't appropriate as this thread is about Islam/religion in general, so I moved it to Serious Talk.

In my eyes even a question as "why aren't you a muslim" isn't being openminded in the first place, it's the same as saying "our faith is better than yours" :?
But I don't think this was the meaning of the question.The fact that you are trying to convince us that your belief is better makes me think there is a connection with "The holy war", trying to spread Islam into the world.

Status
Not open for further replies.

This thread has been viewed 12455 times.

Back