Why autosomal admixtures is always linked with Y-dna Haplogroups ?

In fact, i dont really understand, how all this can be calculated without women apport. Because if ANE component is diluted by mixing with women, how can WHG shows. With your exemple, it just means that it take times, but in final, the 17% of ANE wich is the ancestral male admixture is overpassed by the women admixtures.

say a male is 100 % ANE, but marries a WHG wife, his son will be 50/50 ANE/WHG
if this son marries another WHG wife, his sons will be 25/75 ANE/WHG
and so on, every generation the ANE part is cut in half

say a male is 100 % ANE, but marries a WHG wife, his son will be 50/50 ANE/WHG
if this son marries another WHG wife, his sons will be 25/75 ANE/WHG
and so on, every generation the ANE part is cut in half

Ok, so because women are more mobile, its difficult to found a population with women of 100% something ? Or to understand the original admixture of it ? I presumed that 100% Something Male and 100% Something female, never exist in fact ? But isnt to simplifiate, to correlate only admixtures with men ? I mean, in a genetic way, not a pattern.

not necesarily
for instance take the Villabruna, he was R1b, but his autosomal was shifted to WHG for being among I2 for a few generations
if Villabruna would have had many sons and started a big new tribe, they would all have been R1b with WHG instead of ANE or WHG

But Villabruna is only the founder for the model of the Villabruna Cluster, if he is shifted, its because he is the grand grand... son of original exogen R1b no ?

But Villabruna is only the founder for the model of the Villabruna Cluster, if he is shifted, its because he is the grand grand... son of original exogen R1b no ?

yes, afaik there are 10 samples identified in the Villabruna cluster of which only 1 R1b, 1 C1a2 and 8 I2, and all are near 100 % WHG autosomaly

yes, afaik there are 10 samples identified in the Villabruna cluster of which only 1 R1b, 1 C1a2 and 8 I2, and all are near 100 % WHG autosomaly

Yes, but this is paleolithic, C1a2 and I2 are Upper Paleolithic europeans we know that, so we've got 3 different y-dna haplogroups, for how much different mtdna haplogroups ?

most societies were exogame and patrilocal

that means young men mostly went looking for a wife in another tribe, but they stayed together in the man's tribe

also remember, when someone starts to travel alone or with a small family and comes amongst other people he/she keeps his Y/mtDNA, but in 2/3 generations the autosomal will be completely shifted

then if the autosomal of someone with a particular Y-DNA has shifted, and he gets a lot of male ofspring, there will be a lot of Y-DNA with this shifted autosomal

There is too many assumptions in this

In villabruna times there was no wives , partners etc .............he would have bred where he could and along his "hunting-migrational" trail .

the theories of a percentages of ANE or WHG or EHG etc can only have any degree of accuracy once you establish a relationship with either a partner or a community

Yes, but this is paleolithic, C1a2 and I2 are Upper Paleolithic europeans we know that, so we've got 3 different y-dna haplogroups, for how much different mtdna haplogroups ?
2 or 3. U5a and U5b (in terms of age and diversity each about similar to I2); if we include KO1 from Hungary, also mitochondrial haplogroup R1b.

2 or 3. U5a and U5b (in terms of age and diversity each about similar to I2); if we include KO1 from Hungary, also mitochondrial haplogroup R1b.

This mtdna haplogroup R1b is very interesting.

There is too many assumptions in this

In villabruna times there was no wives , partners etc .............he would have bred where he could and along his "hunting-migrational" trail .

the theories of a percentages of ANE or WHG or EHG etc can only have any degree of accuracy once you establish a relationship with either a partner or a community

You think he was a cuckoo?

I would say both parents were supposed to feed and raise their offspring back then.
That would make the wives not so keen on breeding with a wanderer.

Unless, maybe back then the offsping wasn't raised by the parents, but by the whole tribe as a community.
And even in that case there may have been an objection against breeding outside the community.

This thread has been viewed 14122 times.

Back