Debate Why Don't Feminists Fight for Muslim Women ???

Status
Not open for further replies.
So we're clear, I'm not equivocating whatsoever on what constitutes rape or that rape is a reprehensible crime. Date rape, marital rape, doesn't matter, it's all vile and abhorrent. And like you said, anybody reasonably believed to have committed a rape should be arrested and prosecuted, which is how it works in Sweden as well. Most of my comment was more concerned with the sentencing outlook. And even then, by no means do I think offenders deserve a slap on the wrist.

But as I'm sure you're well aware of, the criminal justice system in America most certainly has its flaws, especially concerning its glaring racial disparities that occur at almost every part of the process. I followed the case of that vile Stanford Student Brock Turner--who violated an intoxicated, unconconscious girl behind a dumpster and tried to run away when he was caught--and was sentenced to 6 months and 3 years probation because the judge thought a harsher sentence would have too "severe" an impact. Seriously gross. And baffling enough, despite the victim's account and her being found unconscious and partially naked, he wasn't even charged with rape, but attempt to commit rape. Meanwhile the Brian Banks of the world, a black ex-football star who also had a promising future, at 16 made out with a girl with no type of sex taking place, was accused of rape, charged with rape and kidnapping, tried as an adult and served 5 out of 6 years, before he was exonerated for a crime he never committed. Tragic. Both Turner's case and Bank's case, disgusting on multiple levels and most certainly, miscarriages of justice in my opinion. Regardless of the judicial standards it professes to hold, it seems the American justice system does actually consider what someone's race, culture, ethnicity AND social class is. There was nothing "common sense" about the sentencing for either of these cases and it's not as if these are remote outliers within the system at large.

And I never said that trauma was an "excuse" for rape; a lot of people have traumas and yet they don't rape others. Nor do I think that one must have compassion for them on a personal level but I do think that the justice system should have the highest ideals. I certainly believe that justice for the victimized (raped, murdered, etc...) is important, as well as there needs to be an example made for the rest of society that deters them from committing the same or similar behaviors; but I also think that a focus on rehabilitation (for those who can be) is important and that purely punitive justice is problematic, particularly when we live in a world where everyone isn't treated equally. When it comes to criminal justice and mass incarceration, the American system doesn't have the best record of success. And Sweden's is certainly not ideal--I do think that the Leftist agenda has gone too far in some cases, where there are those who aren't held as accountable as they should be. The conundrum is how do we deliver equalized outcomes and just sentences for all people that also demonstrably send a strong message about our zero intolerance for rape and rape culture?

Yes, definitely agreed.

It's sad how the Stanford rapist only gets 3 years in prison yet people caught growing weed are getting twice as much prison time if not more. This poor girl may have to spend the rest of her life traumatized by this incident yet he's getting a slap on the wrist due to his "potential". No matter how drunk you make me, I would never ever assault a woman or sexually penetrate her without her consent. I don't have that ability.

Care to show us any statistics proving that supporters of right-wing and nationalist parties are losers?

Because, you know, people with such views as yours, are also being stereotyped. In the following way:

swedensven_thumb.jpg

lol Cute. And of course, you are a homophobe. Fits perfectly with the info I have for you below.

Though it's none of your business, there are ways in which I am typically liberal and ways where I am not. My wife and I are currently gearing up for hunting season in Finland this fall (we skin and eat what we kill)--I happen to be a gun enthusiast but I'm a responsible owner and believe that only responsible owners should have them. I'm also not as "sentimental" towards animals as some believe I should be. I'm also an agnostic with Heathen/Odinist leanings, which incidentally, have been co-opted by racists, and that make us look bad but I don't care, because it's apart of my culture and I love it. I most certainly am a lover of other peoples and cultures, but none do I love and value more than my own. I place that above "Swedishness," which is more of modern construct.

And finally, here is the info that will affirm and confirm everything I've said about you on this thread. Cheers!:

Bright Minds and Dark Attitudes
"Lower Cognitive Ability Predicts Greater Prejudice Through Right-Wing Ideology and Low Intergroup Contact"

Despite their important implications for interpersonal behaviors and relations, cognitive abilities have been largely ignored as explanations of prejudice. We proposed and tested mediation models in which lower cognitive ability predicts greater prejudice, an effect mediated through the endorsement of right-wing ideologies (social conservatism, right-wing authoritarianism) and low levels of contact with out-groups. In an analysis of two large-scale, nationally representative United Kingdom data sets (N = 15,874), we found that lower general intelligence (g) in childhood predicts greater racism in adulthood, and this effect was largely mediated via conservative ideology. A secondary analysis of a U.S. data set confirmed a predictive effect of poor abstract-reasoning skills on antihomosexual prejudice, a relation partially mediated by both authoritarianism and low levels of intergroup contact. All analyses controlled for education and socioeconomic status. Our results suggest that cognitive abilities play a critical, albeit underappreciated, role in prejudice. Consequently, we recommend a heightened focus on cognitive ability in research on prejudice and a better integration of cognitive ability into prejudice models.

http://pss.sagepub.com/content/early/2012/01/04/0956797611421206.abstract

Low-Effort Thought Promotes Political Conservatism

The authors test the hypothesis that low-effort thought promotes political conservatism. In Study 1, alcohol intoxication was
measured among bar patrons; as blood alcohol level increased, so did political conservatism (controlling for sex, education,
and political identification). In Study 2, participants under cognitive load reported more conservative attitudes than their
no-load counterparts. In Study 3, time pressure increased participants’ endorsement of conservative terms. In Study 4,
participants considering political terms in a cursory manner endorsed conservative terms more than those asked to cogitate;
an indicator of effortful thought (recognition memory) partially mediated the relationship between processing effort and
conservatism. Together these data suggest that political conservatism may be a process consequence of low-effort thought;
when effortful, deliberate thought is disengaged, endorsement of conservative ideology increases.

http://2012election.procon.org/sour...ught-promotes-political-conservatism-2012.pdf

Conservatives Big on Fear, Brain Study Finds

https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/the-human-beast/201104/conservatives-big-fear-brain-study-finds

It's sad how the Stanford rapist only gets 3 years in prison yet people caught growing weed are getting twice as much prison time if not more. This poor girl may have to spend the rest of her life traumatized by this incident yet he's getting a slap on the wrist due to his "potential". No matter how drunk you make me, I would never ever assault a woman or sexually penetrate her without her consent. I don't have that ability.

Agreed. What's also terrible is that Brock Turner's lawyer had his family and friends write character letters on Brock's behalf and a female friend of his said, "Just because he raped, doesn't mean he's a rapist." :confused: Sadly, it's thinking (or the lack thereof) like this that is partly responsible for why some girls don't report rape; they, too, have been socialized into thinking that their bodies are not truly their own and that they somehow share culpability with the same cretins that force themselves upon them or make unwanted advances.

Wanderlust,

Also your confidence that the West will "suffer consequences for its actions", is just laughable. They will not suffer consequences for what their ancestors did many generations ago, because they are already awakening from their self-hatred. Open your eyes, look what is happening all over the West - they are fed up with left-wing rules. Brexit won, Trump is heading for victory in the U.S., Alt-right parties are gaining ground everywhere. In Austria the lefties falsified election results, now the election will be re-held and the Alt-right candidate is doomed to win. Your multi-cultural, self-hating, Europe-hating lefties, are losing ground everywhere, all the time. The West is going to rise again, and far-left nuts can do NOTHING, literally NOTHING to stop it. The regressive left is doomed to get lost - and they were asking for it, with their own dumb policies, which have already dissatisfied so many people. Libtards and cuckservatives are in full retreat.

I'm sorry but that video lost me. "White nationalism" has no place in civilized, modern society. I agree with nationalism, and I agree with some kind of pan-European, Western unity. But this takes things too far. We also know that Trump and his supporters are in bed with Putin and Eurasianists. It's Europe vs. Eurasia as they themselves admit. They want to create a Eurasia. We must stop the Putinists and National Bolshevists as well as outright neo-nazis from hijacking patriotic, right-wing European movements.

2.) Let's remember that while Europe was still ensnared in the Dark Ages, there had been the Mayans, the Kingdom of Pagan, the Ghana Empire, the Incas, the Mali Empire, and don't even get me started on the kingdoms of India and dynasties in China--my point is, for most of the peoples who currently occupy the "Third World" or are considered to be developing nations, they were not culturally and economically impoverished pre-European Colonialism and Imperialism.

Tomenable allready told you about the sub-sahara African empires.
And the way the Mayans and the Incas treated their enemies, you couldn't have picked a worse example.

1.) Tomenable is absolutely and painfully clueless about Sub-Saharan African cultures and peoples. He's also quite racist. He doesn't know what he's talking about.

2.) lol You still didn't prove your point. I never said anything about "high culture"; Tomenable did. All I said is that the "Third World," before European Imperialism, was not "culturally and economically impoverished." That means that they had artisans, architects, cityscapes, monuments, art, currency, trade routes, etc.... They were not intellectually, culturally and economically inferior, like many Europeans at the time tried to claim, in order to justify their disenfranchisement.

3.) AGAIN, I never said that they were "peaceful, harmonious" peoples. YOU SAID THAT. And then I gave you proof of what I actually said. And somehow, you still ignore it. Hopeless.

I never said the Europeans didn't commit any atrocities.
I only said that your comments are not nuancated and that your arguments are very one-sided.
The Eureopeans did commit a lot of atrocities, but in this they were not different from other peoples who got the chance.
But your one-sided bias makes me think that either you're brainwashed or you have a special purpose to do so.
I must tell you, it doens't work.
I hope you've noticed for yourself by now.

1.) No matter what I say, no matter how much I quote myself or prove that I actually was nuanced in some of my opinions, you won't believe it because you are incapable of seeing what you don't want to see.

2.) You do understand that If I punch my neighbor in the face, and then someone from another neighborhood comes over and shoots both of us in the head and takes our homes, that makes him worse, right? A lot of the peoples that Europe conquered may have had their own wars and grievances, but Europe eclipsed that on another scale. You are trying to equalize the behavior of the Europeans with the behavior of the peoples they conquered towards each other and that is a false equivalency.

3.) I don't expect anything I say to "work" on you. I'm not trying to convince you of anything because you are incorrigible. I'm just debating your ideas. Conservative thinkers only clamp down and become more entrenched in their ideas; they don't respond to reason and facts.

Do you know what the flag in my profile stands for?
These people were discriminated and despised by the Belgian establishment at the time of the Belgian Congo.

So you're Flemish? But this is what confuses me: maybe I'm wrong, but I always expect people who belong to ethnic/national/racial/religious minorities to have a bit more compassion and understanding for other minorities. To me, that's what empathy is: when you can feel for the plight of others because of your own plights. But that's not what I see from you.

I am proud to be an European though, who liberated themselves from religious dogmas, who created the industrial revolution of which the whole world benefits today.

1.) You should have pride in what you accomplish, not what Europe accomplished...unless you were the one who started the Industrial Revolution...that also had quite disastrous effects, as well. Personally, I wouldn't be so proud of that.

1.) Tomenable is absolutely and painfully clueless about Sub-Saharan African cultures and peoples. He's also quite racist. He doesn't know what he's talking about.

2.) lol You still didn't prove your point. I never said anything about "high culture"; Tomenable did. All I said is that the "Third World," before European Imperialism, was not "culturally and economically impoverished." That means that they had artisans, architects, cityscapes, monuments, art, currency, trade routes, etc.... They were not intellectually, culturally and economically inferior, like many Europeans at the time tried to claim, in order to justify their disenfranchisement.

3.) AGAIN, I never said that they were "peaceful, harmonious" peoples. YOU SAID THAT. And then I gave you proof of what I actually said. And somehow, you still ignore it. Hopeless.

Of course Tomenable and other people that disagree with you are racists.
I knew that all along.

The term 'high culture' was used by Angela and it ultimately referred to your quote.

1.) No matter what I say, no matter how much I quote myself or prove that I actually was nuanced in some of my opinions, you won't believe it because you are incapable of seeing what you don't want to see.

2.) You do understand that If I punch my neighbor in the face, and then someone from another neighborhood comes over and shoots both of us in the head and takes our homes, that makes him worse, right? A lot of the peoples that Europe conquered may have had their own wars and grievances, but Europe eclipsed that on another scale. You are trying to equalize the behavior of the Europeans with the behavior of the peoples they conquered towards each other and that is a false equivalency.

3.) I don't expect anything I say to "work" on you. I'm not trying to convince you of anything because you are incorrigible. I'm just debating your ideas. Conservative thinkers only clamp down and become more entrenched in their ideas; they don't respond to reason and facts.

Indeed you're getting more nuanced as you're getting more counterarguments.
But you keep twisting your stories so you can stick to the same final conclusions.

So you're Flemish? But this is what confuses me: maybe I'm wrong, but I always expect people who belong to ethnic/national/racial/religious minorities to have a bit more compassion and understanding for other minorities. To me, that's what empathy is: when you can feel for the plight of others because of your own plights. But that's not what I see from you.

You don't have to tell me with whom or what to sympathise.

1.) You should have pride in what you accomplish, not what Europe accomplished...unless you were the one who started the Industrial Revolution...that also had quite disastrous effects, as well. Personally, I wouldn't be so proud of that.

try to imagine how the world would look today without the industrial revolution

and acording to you I shouldn't be proud at all, I should feel guilty about the Belgian Congo

Care to show us any statistics proving that supporters of right-wing and nationalist parties are losers?

Because, you know, people with such views as yours, are also being stereotyped. In the following way:

swedensven_thumb.jpg

Now that is sounding Bitchy Tomenable, dont you think? Spending too much time on the keyboards looking as screens are we? I dont think Geert Wilders will agree with you, but thats beside the point

The European ''humanitarian superpower'' Sweden does its very best to please foreign asylum seekers, by providing them with both food, clothing and shelter, but it seems the country's own ethnic citizens in need are of less importance and forgotten.

Sture, a homeless man in his 60s was found dead early Wednesday morning outside the hospital in Nynashamn.

Sture had sought refuge from the cold in Nynäshamns hospital during the night. But he was not allowed to remain there. A security guard threw him out, and without any offers of housing from the municipality, and out of options, he was forced to spend the night at a bus stop outside the hospital.

In the morning he was found frozen to death, reports Nynäshamnsposten.
http://speisa.com/modules/articles/...that-lets-its-own-people-freeze-to-death.html

I'm sorry but that video lost me. "White nationalism" has no place in civilized, modern society. I agree with nationalism, and I agree with some kind of pan-European, Western unity. But this takes things too far. We also know that Trump and his supporters are in bed with Putin and Eurasianists. It's Europe vs. Eurasia as they themselves admit. They want to create a Eurasia. We must stop the Putinists and National Bolshevists as well as outright neo-nazis from hijacking patriotic, right-wing European movements.

it is what you get when you keep on blaming the white people for all the sins in the world
there is a counterreaction
and not everyone is acting in the smartest way

I don't have time to reply to everything now, but regarding that study of IQ in childhood vs. views in adulthood:

In childhood IQ is mostly environmental, heritability is low (about 20% at age 5, and later it gradually increases).

However, the heritability factor of intelligence increases to over 80% by the age of 25. So it is likely that someone with a higher IQ in childhood can later become a stupid adult, and inversely - a child with a lower IQ can later become a smart adult.

Why didn't they measure IQ of actual adults with various political views, instead of resorting to testing children?

increasing-heritability.png

iq-heritability-age.png

We also know that Trump and his supporters are in bed with Putin and Eurasianists.

Well said and their aim is to dismantle the EU in any form they can with the help of the Far right within the EU.....then they call themselves patriots. They wreck everything like bulls in a china shop then walk away and let others deal with the aftermath. (Like Farage for an example?) Now the EU will pay for his pension too.

Well said and their aim is to dismantle the EU in any form they can with the help of the Far right within the EU.....then they call themselves patriots. They wreck everything like bulls in a china shop then walk away and let others deal with the aftermath. (Like Farage for an example?) Now the EU will pay for his pension too.

To further illustrate just how disingenuous they are, all of these movements have a kind of pan-European cooperation. While I do want a patriotic awakening, and a less close Union, I think a all of this proves that Europeans do need each other.

it is what you get when you keep on blaming the white people for all the sins in the world

For someone who constantly critiques others on being one-sided, you sure seem to be pretty one-sided yourself.

1.) First of all, it is the height of blind privilege and entitlement to benefit on the backs of others for centuries, and then become angry when the people you've subjugated resist, revolt, demand better treatment and expect recompense for their disenfranchisement. :confused: The white European elites and the establishment, who have primarily benefited from robbing much of the world, understand this, but there are other sections of white European society who feel like they never received the memo that they were "privileged." That's the elites' burden to bare and fix, not the disenfranchised masses. More on that below.

2.) The toxic combination of the most prolonged period of economic stagnation and the worst refugee crisis since the end of the Second World War is the reason for the rapid rise of the far right, that include white nationalist groups. Over a period of nearly 150 years, every financial crisis was followed by a 10-year surge in support for far right populist parties, as shown by a recent analysis of more than 800 elections by German economists.

http://www.statewatch.org/news/2015/oct/financial-crises-cesifo-wp-5553.pdf

a.) One of the central problems is that the European elite were the primary benefactors from Third World conquests. Yes, there were "trickle down effects" that allowed other classes of Europeans to live marginally to much better lives but the primary benefactors were elite European political and financial institutions. Imperialism is arguably the mother of capitalism and for much of Europe's rapid advancement, they were intertwined. And in hyper-capitalist systems, the lower classes, who are also usually more un/under-educated and stay that way because of insurmountable capitalist structures, always suffer the most and their lots in life only marginally improve, if they do at all. And though they may have benefited in a few ways from white privilege (in comparison to other groups, who may be more prone to receiving flat out discrimination, violence, etc....), they were oppressed by other systems like classism, which in their eyes or even in reality, neutralized any supposed white privilege.

Therefore, they feel as if they are in direct competition (globalization is real and has consequences) with immigrant labor, some of it coming from browner people from warmer places in the world where people believe differently and possess different values. The native, working/lower class people see public, government sponsored programs and initiatives directed at immigrants, refugees, people of color and feel as if they are being neglected when they, too, are suffering and not advancing. Again, in some ways real or imagined, they feel as though they don't benefit from whiteness (like the leftist establishment tells them they do), become angry and resentful, and subsequently, regard themselves as "minority classes in their own countries" who must fight back.

b.) And they are right in some ways; the elites, the establishment, have failed them in many cases: by taking away their economic security and upward mobility via hyper-capitalist policies that are destructive to the middle class; by stoking their fears and feeding them hateful propaganda that actually work against their economic interests (Brexit); by allowing in hordes of refugees/migrants without addressing the concerns of the native people who were also economically stagnant and not upwardly mobile; by allowing in hordes of refugees/migrants whose cultures and value systems were a very real culture shock to a sizeable part of the demographic (older people) without adequate initiatives to ease integration and cooperation. Many people who form the foundation of these far right movements believe that their leaders and politicians have not voiced their frustrations over the consequences of globalization or come to their economic aid.

c.) When people are anxious, they make bad decisions. There's been recent research showing that anxiety suppresses neurons in the pre-frontal cortex region of the brain, which is involved in decision-making. Natural disasters and social disasters (terrorism, migration crisis) are increasing and when these types of things occur, anxiety forces people look for someone to blame, and often immigration and minorities become an easy scapegoat for a problem that is far less visible in origin – as is the case with financial crises.

It's far more complicated than simply "white people don't want to be blamed for the sins of the world," which is quite limited and one-sided.

Of course Tomenable and other people that disagree with you are racists.
I knew that all along.

Is there any possible way for you not to think so myopically?

People who disagree with me are not necessarily racists, but when they say racist things like: Dinarid- "savage Mohammedan hordes," "a blood-thirsty Middle Eastern death cult"; Tomenable-"Sub-Saharan Africa was always a poor shithole," "They are genetically less intelligent than Eurasians," (which is false and has not been proven)-and he posts a video in favor of white nationalism, then that leads me to believe that they hold racist views. It's really quite simple. You probably believe as they do but don't want to deal with the "guilt" of being called a "racist" and so you defend their bigotry as if it isn't racist and bigoted--conservative tactics 101. When one spouts false, unsubstantiated, disproven "information" or "facts" that denigrate other people, one is either unintelligent, ridiculously ignorant and uninformed, a racist or possibly all 3.

Also, he obviously believes in racial/ethnic/cultural/religious hierarchies and a lot of the information he pulls from is old, outdated and written by pseudo-scientific racists. It seems as if his views have been informed almost entirely by anthropological works written before the 1940s. Even the taxon he uses (Caucasoid, Negroid, etc...) suggests a typological view of race that has been outdated for quite some time. He reeks of pseudo-scientific racism. Though I'm not surprised, seeing as how Eastern Europe is still behind the West and playing "catch up," across the board.

The term 'high culture' was used by Angela and it ultimately referred to your quote.

Again, you are misguided. Tomenable first said "high culture" in reference to something I never specifically named "high culture." And Angela critiqued his use of that term.

Indeed you're getting more nuanced as you're getting more counterarguments.
But you keep twisting your stories so you can stick to the same final conclusions.

The second comment I made in this thread showed my nuance. And then it continued to show up. Regardless of what you think you see, you actually don't see nuance because you don't think with nuance and your comments continue to prove this.

try to imagine how the world would look today without the industrial revolution

There are peoples all over the world who live in happiness that never benefited from the Industrial Revolution. Who is to say that you are happier than them? Or that you live a "better" life than they do? Admittedly, I do love wifi and access to the internet. But aside from that, one of my favorite places to be is lost in the wild, in the midst of nature. Electricity is good but overrated.

and acording to you I shouldn't be proud at all, I should feel guilty about the Belgian Congo

1.) You should be proud of yourself. But if you have nothing to personally be proud of, then I understand why you must be proud of Europe, instead.

2.) What a lot of you don't understand is that the good comes with the bad. Some of you like to take credit for everything Europe has done "right," as far as what you perceive to be social, political and cultural achievements, but you like to minimize, refute, deny, downplay or flat out ignore the bad things that Europe has done and that's hypocritical and ridiculous. If you want to be proud of Belgian waffles and Rin Tin Tin, than you have to own what happened in the Belgian congo. If you want to be proud of the Industrial Revolution, then you have to own European Imperialism and Colonialism and the destruction it reeked on most of the world. It's simple.

Wanderlust,

People who disagree with me are not necessarily racists, but when they say racist things like:
(...)
Tomenable- (...) "They are genetically less intelligent than Eurasians," (which is false and has not been proven)

My claim that Sub-Saharans are genetically less intelligent than Eurasians is based on the following sources:

1) Davide Piffer, "Estimating the genotypic intelligence of populations...", 2015 - Link
2) Emil Kirkegaard, "The genetic correlation between educational attainment and IQ...", 2014 - Link
3) Davide Piffer, "Factor Analysis of Population Allele Frequencies...", 2013 -
Link

In publication 1) check especially Table 4a and Table 4b.

In publication 2) check Table 1 and Tables 2a, 2b and 2c.

In publication 3) check Table 1a, Table 1b and Table 1c.

This data indicates, that Sub-Saharans have lower average frequencies of intelligence-increasing mutations.

Are you still going to claim that I am racist? Is science "racist" ??? Are facts "racist" ??? :unsure:

==================================

There are also other similar publications on genotypic IQ - for example:

A. Okbay et al. 2016 - http://www.nature.com/nature/journal/v533/n7604/abs/nature17671.html
M. R. Johnson et al. 2016 - http://www.nature.com/neuro/journal/v19/n2/full/nn.4205.html
D. Piffer et al. 2014 - http://www.ibc7.org/article/journal_v.php?sid=317
C. A. Rietveld et al. 2013 - http://scholar.harvard.edu/files/laibson/files/gwas_science_053013.pdf
B. Benyamin et al. 2013 - http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3935975/
F. M. Gosso et al. 2007 - http://bmcmedgenet.biomedcentral.com/articles/10.1186/1471-2350-8-66
Rushton & Jensen 2005 - https://www1.udel.edu/educ/gottfredson/30years/Rushton-Jensen30years.pdf

As you can see, I'm not claiming this based on research from 1940, but on recent studies from 2005-2016.

See also media coverage (December 2015):

"Intelligence genes discovered by scientists":

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/sci...elligence-genes-discovered-by-scientists.html

And some additional data snippets below:

bSPBUk5.png

Is there any possible way for you not to think so myopically?

People who disagree with me are not necessarily racists, but when they say racist things like: Dinarid- "savage Mohammedan hordes," "a blood-thirsty Middle Eastern death cult"; Tomenable-"Sub-Saharan Africa was always a poor shithole," "They are genetically less intelligent than Eurasians," (which is false and has not been proven)-and he posts a video in favor of white nationalism, then that leads me to believe that they hold racist views. It's really quite simple. You probably believe as they do but don't want to deal with the "guilt" of being called a "racist" and so you defend their bigotry as if it isn't racist and bigoted--conservative tactics 101. When one spouts false, unsubstantiated, disproven "information" or "facts" that denigrate other people, one is either unintelligent, ridiculously ignorant and uninformed, a racist or possibly all 3.

Also, he obviously believes in racial/ethnic/cultural/religious hierarchies and a lot of the information he pulls from is old, outdated and written by pseudo-scientific racists. It seems as if his views have been informed almost entirely by anthropological works written before the 1940s. Even the taxon he uses (Caucasoid, Negroid, etc...) suggests a typological view of race that has been outdated for quite some time. He reeks of pseudo-scientific racism. Though I'm not surprised, seeing as how Eastern Europe is still behind the West and playing "catch up," across the board.

Again, you are misguided. Tomenable first said "high culture" in reference to something I never specifically named "high culture." And Angela critiqued his use of that term.

The second comment I made in this thread showed my nuance. And then it continued to show up. Regardless of what you think you see, you actually don't see nuance because you don't think with nuance and your comments continue to prove this.

There are peoples all over the world who live in happiness that never benefited from the Industrial Revolution. Who is to say that you are happier than them? Or that you live a "better" life than they do? Admittedly, I do love wifi and access to the internet. But aside from that, one of my favorite places to be is lost in the wild, in the midst of nature. Electricity is good but overrated.

1.) You should be proud of yourself. But if you have nothing to personally be proud of, then I understand why you must be proud of Europe, instead.

2.) What a lot of you don't understand is that the good comes with the bad. Some of you like to take credit for everything Europe has done "right," as far as what you perceive to be social, political and cultural achievements, but you like to minimize, refute, deny, downplay or flat out ignore the bad things that Europe has done and that's hypocritical and ridiculous. If you want to be proud of Belgian waffles and Rin Tin Tin, than you have to own what happened in the Belgian congo. If you want to be proud of the Industrial Revolution, then you have to own European Imperialism and Colonialism and the destruction it reeked on most of the world. It's simple.

So insulting their religion is racist? As I said before: sick Islamophilia.

Wanderlust,

When it comes to Muslim populations - they are currently underperforming on IQ tests.

Their genotypic IQ is higher than what they actually score. But this is NOT due to "environment".

This is most likely due to centuries of traditional Muslim inbreeding, which lowers average IQ.

It has been estimated, that inbreeding usually lowers IQ by between 10 and 16 points:

1) "Cousin marriage can reduce I.Q. a lot":

http://blogs.discovermagazine.com/gnxp/2012/07/cousin-marriage-can-reduce-i-q-a-lot/#.V1MNtnJkjIU

2) "Effects of inbreeding on cognitive performance":

http://www.nature.com/nature/journal/v266/n5601/abs/266440a0.html

3) "Muslim Inbreeding: Impacts on intelligence, sanity, health and society":

http://en.europenews.dk/-Muslim-Inb...lligence-sanity-health-and-society-78170.html

^ Now check this map showing the prevalence of inbreeding in the world - Muslims are the leaders:

Consanguineous marriages (second-degree cousins or closer) in the world, in percentage (%):

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipe...px-Global_prevalence_of_consanguinity.svg.png

800px-Global_prevalence_of_consanguinity.svg.png

OK...I've had enough. You guys have taken this thread totally off topic and used it as a vehicle to insult each other. I don't even know who started it anymore. Rather than hand out infractions right, left, and center, I'm just going to close the thread. If you pull this on another thread I will issue infractions, and that will be that. Anyone who wants to follow Goga's path, go right ahead.

Status
Not open for further replies.

This thread has been viewed 84701 times.

Back