Why such double standards when it comes racism ?

article-2248023-168378BD000005DC-907_634x446.jpg

This is from UK.

I can't sense too much Christianity in it.

I guess, in the mind of many children, Christmast means Sant Claus instead of Jesus.

Exactly what I wanted to say, that Christians took over biggest Roman holiday for their own use. Perhaps it is time to take it back from Christians, and give it back to all the people.

it is not Christian any more, it is in the hands of commerce
it is the most mellow day of the year (in a negative sense)

This is from UK.

I can't sense too much Christianity in it.

I guess, in the mind of many children, Christmast means Sant Claus instead of Jesus.

That is first Santa,

poseidon1.jpg

God Poseidon, celebrated at aroundbegining of December with modern calendar, and ended with the days of Alkyon middle January (christian 6 january)

that is the first Christian Santa, saint Nicolas
the Bishop of ΜΥΡΑ Λυκιας (today Kale Attaleia) where Poseidon had a big temple before christianity.
in red and white,
celebrated at 4-5-6 December
agios_nikolaos_723.jpg

and saint Nicolas at West Europe, celbrated at Christmas
kazka-mikulas.jpg

at East after emperror Julian and the total defeat of polytheism, they replace him with Saint Basileios of Caesaria (Kayseri)
and calebrate him at 1rst January

jpg

at Germanic nations from Nikolaos (Ni)-Kolaus) turn to Klauss -Clauss.

and that is the modern Saint, which is no saint at all for me,
but a saint of merchants, and multinational corporations

cocacola.jpg

and turkey (the bird) is brought from America,
Before each family slain the pig as at Roman Saturnalia, 20-23 December.
and eat meat 4 times the week until February,
they pasteurised it with its own fat and salt till 40 days before Easter at Christians,
till end of January- middle of February and gave the remain to the men who leave to go for work at antique.

would a real saint, order to drink a refreshment?

it comes from the end of year of Greek naval merchants, and Roman calendars (merchant bills),
along with Kalanta,
December rough month for sea, they redraw the ships, they went home, and bring gifts to family, from the places they went,
they restore the ships, and decorate them, till the new sacred waters, when Poseidon wrath ends,
around middle of January, when Alkyon lays her eggs.

the old decoration for the season was a ship
xristougenna-peireas-628x392.jpg

at nearby sea cities,

at inland, continental they celebrate the pastoralist return to village,
and Phaethon rebirth with fires and dressed as goat or bears,
a trully IE custom,

the christmas tree as we know it is a Germanic custom, most say from WW1,
but there was also a custom with Ιξος in Greeks and Thracians and Celts
d0be74c0193dc00aeb25383db856.jpg

xG9UwDk7_CSKgUqcgdnMHyNPr5_Wdtz5MO8d1bkBA20aYxl73_zvL4-SoJIQkQDPcvFfthxe-AJ77zu8sCEb62ptcaHy3_7VCvckVTUYJeY25xxlQ1FpvUnfyQ_gWnpCniYDmYfRGgbE8Q=s0-d

the old true meaning of santa, was the return of the male to home for a month,
either sailor, either sheppard, even soldier,
and spend the money he gain for the family,
for farmers and hand-works, like carpenters smiths etc, was January,
merchants used to take merchandise, and pay at January February,
that is why Christmas Carrols at Greece are paid with money, or foreign products delicasies etc.
farmers used to gather outside merchants home, and sing, till he gave them the money, or other things he trade.

today only kids sing the callendas
kalanta.jpg

PS
when I was kid, housekeepers treated handmade κουραμπιε, kurabiye, which comes from the deep minor Asia or Persia
51-kourampiedes-by-sitronella.jpg

or melomakarono which comes from ancient Greek death rituals
1_305.jpg

and if they were from Pontus they treat ωτια (ears)
3940-wtiapontiakaken.jpg

that was the spirit,

Last edited:
it is not Christian any more, it is in the hands of commerce
it is the most mellow day of the year (in a negative sense)
Are you missing the Christian character of Christmas?! It includes going to the mas at midnight. Go for it.

There are other events going on at this time of the year but the bottom line is the reason late December is Holiday Season to us is because of Christmas(and New Year). No other comparable big events are going on.
I have no problem if christians want to keep it only for themselves as strictly religious celebration. I would gladly use Winter Solstice holidays for all the people, as national holiday, which would have nothing to do with any religion. You don't what to share Christmas, keep it.

The celebration of Christmas being chosen for December because of an already existing tradition doesn't change the fact the celebration is the celebration of Jesus's brith.
Supposed birth. It as well, could be as fictional as Santa giving presents.

The celebration of Christmas being chosen for December because of an already existing tradition doesn't change the fact the celebration is the celebration of Jesus's brith.

No,
it has to do with the birth of Thracian Mithras,
Thracian Mithras entered too much in Roman soldiers,
Mithras was borned 23 December, at a chamber-cave bellow earth surface,
also other dates are 17 january and 21 May,
the day of Constantine Roman emperror and his mother Eleni, was also a sacred day for Thracian Mithraism and Roman soldiers.
Mithras means stone-caveman.

No,
it has to do with the birth of Thracian Mithras,
Thracian Mithras entered too much in Roman soldiers,
Mithras was borned 23 December, at a chamber-cave bellow earth surface,
also other dates are 17 january and 21 May,
the day of Constantine Roman emperror and his mother Eleni, was also a sacred day for Thracian Mithraism and Roman soldiers.
Mithras means stone-caveman.

How many people think of Mithras during Christmas? Countless generations of tradtion states the reason we celebrate Christmas is Jesus's brith. As I said the time of the year we chose to celebrate it doesn't change the fact Christmas is the celebration of Jesus's birth. Look back at my last post. There's no tradtion which keeps the memeory of these ancient pagan tradtions alive. Only historians keep them alive. Therefore information or theories found/created by historians isn't an aspect of people's culture. Irish people aren't Celtic, they're Irish. Some have a pan-Celtic identity because of stuff historians learned but that shouldn't define what it means to be Irish.

Your approach is wrong. You should compare ethnicity vs ethnicity, and nationality vs nationality, not ethnicity vs nationality. Belonging to an old Ethnicity (especially to a now non widely practiced ethnicity) is established by lineage by nature, by definition. While establishing belonging to a nationality is established by your citizenship status, if a country gives you a citizenship for whatever reason then you are citizen regardless of your racial or ethnical background.

The right comparison would be to say this: imagine that now in the united status a group of people establish a modern tribe for people who descend from a french tribe that existed in the middle ages called "Soufflé". If I'm Chinese, can I come can I claim that I belong to this tribe? obviously no because belonging to such a tribe is by nature established by lineage, not by any natural right, do you think that anybody would complain in this case? I don't think so. So stop with the victim mentality white people have it best and control half of the world's governments and nobody said any thing.

This thread has been viewed 18454 times.

Back