Work... Yeah work...

How many hours do you work a week?

• Total voters
While I without work - would like the studio for work and teaching of students in future(probably).

I work at a large drink factory doing a variety of stuff depending on what I'm assigned at the start of the shift. The jobs are simple tasks involving... you guessed it, bottles or cans. Eg. disposal of damaged, old or otherwise unfit stuff, inserting new bottles to bottle cases, pretty much anything...

It is my first job btw. Got it through a friend. A bit ironic since I always complained that as a young person it may be difficult to find a job without any skills (none are needed for this one!), previous experience or relations.

Dutch Baka said:
I was wondering what people here think about Work... work? Yeah work, a lot of people work in here I think, and a lot of the people who are still going to school, are having a part-time job.
First of all, what do you think that are Normal work hours? As in some jobs, people work just 3-5 hours a day, but on other jobs 12-16 hours a day

I'm working part-time from 0 to 40 hours a week mostly depending on how much I want to work. :cool: There may be some quieter weeks during the year when work is not possible though. All in all, I like the flexibility, but I wouldn't wish to depend on this kind of work and schedule (age 19, haven't moved out yet).

Normal work hours are 8 hours a day I guess (that's what most people, including myself, do).

When to work? Do you want to work from 9-5, or are night shifts, and weekend shifts fine too?

I'd much prefer working 8-16 or 9-17, but unfortunately the morning shift starts at 6 and that is a bit too early for me. Therefore I work the evening shift from 14 to 22. Doesn't leave much time to do anything else during the day (too lazy in the mornings and nights) though.

Do you think of your work, in your free time? How much does work influence your life, and the people around you?

Heh, no reason to think about this job in my free time! I sometimes chatter about it with friends who work there too.

What is for you the most important thing of your job? Is it the Money, the people, the free time? Or the free stuff you can get or others...

Money of course eventhough it isn't much (well, it is nice for a HS graduate :)) Free stuff... Well I don't mind the free alcoholic beverages given out maybe a few times a year :blush:

Do you enjoy your work? and what would be your Dream job

Not particularily. The job is pretty dull.

Dream job? An engineering job designing stuff (electrical / communications engineering), good pay, good people. I don't really know what I want.

This thread has been viewed 19571 times.

Back