Immigration Would you ever live in Southern Europe?

julia90

Passione Mediterranea
Reaction score
Ethnic group
Tuscan-Italian-(European)
mtDNA haplogroup
H5b
There are many southern europeans who live in northern europe, for work, love, climate.
Would you like to live in southern europe? (many northern europeans live in southern europe for climate, ..for work..uhm not)

If I was a movie star like George Clooney I would buy a villa in Tuscany.

I have a first-hand experience of living in Northern European countries for several years and I would prefer living in a Southern European one :) No offense but to me Southern Europeans are more, ehmmm, 'human' in relationships and general lifestyle. (bear in mind that my view can be biased, as my fatherland shares many cultural similarities with Greece or Sicily etc.)

I have a first-hand experience of living in Northern European countries for several years and I would prefer living in a Southern European one :) No offense but to me Southern Europeans are more, ehmmm, 'human' in relationships and general lifestyle. (bear in mind that my view can be biased, as my fatherland shares many cultural similarities with Greece or Sicily etc.)

i would not say human, northern europeans are also human, and for sure also eductated with the tourists and foreign people.
Also i perceive that many northern europeans like southern europeans, many northern europeans i see here.
Quite Opposite people attracts.

maybe you would feel the lifestyle in southern europe is more similar to your home country, and i agree.

i would like to acquire friendhip with northern europeans in real life; it's a desired i got this summer, many northern tourists genuinely seemed to want to interect more deeply with our local people.. but there is some diffidence here, or a little wall, the walls aren't always from whites to blacks but also from blacks to whites.

if it was for me, i would suggest all southern europeans and also west asians to break the walls against northern europeans

some statistics on italy; northern europeans that resiede here as of 2010:

Ukrainians 200,730
Poles 109,018
Germans 42,531
French 33,400
British 29,560

Somewhere by Mediterranean sea is my retirement home. :)

Last edited:
we have got growing number of northerners buying property in Albania especially in cities along the Ionian and Adriatic seas but also Tirana, the capital. This is one of the reasons why the prices keep rising. Also, there is a tendency by the foreigners to own apartments instead of villas as they prefer to live among the locals.

Personally I wish I had a small apartment in Germany or Denmark .

I will definitely spend my old days somewhere in Spain or Italy. Quality of life is not all about a fat paycheck...

Russia, why not?? Germani countries... mmm... not my bread.

As a southern European I don't think I would like to live in Northern Europe, or at least not in the germanic countries. For some reasons I feel attracted instead to North-East Europe, especially (Western) Russia. At this point I ask also if there are some Russians or Ukrainians who want to have a friend in Italy, because we could exchange some opinions.
I have met some northern Europeans and they are not all bad, but definitely they are strange. On the other hand I have always dealed very well with slavic people, from Russia to Serbja. So, having the opportunity to chooce, I would rather go to Eastern Europe.
The user above me said all: the quality of life does not depend only on money. :ashamed2:

I have had a hard time living in nothern Europe, too grey and depressing, I prefer life here- I've actually lived in other parts of Europe, and quality of life is not much different from Spain..if you counterbalance the good and bad things.

I dunno, i'd like to visit southern Europe for sure...But the climate and the culture probably wouldn't be compatible for me in the long term.

I will definitely spend my old days somewhere in Spain or Italy. Quality of life is not all about a fat paycheck...
Ironically the fat paycheck is a passport to live anywhere in the world one wants.
I think Croatia is most affordable and beautiful country by Mediterranean. One can buy a house on a shore (beach front) for half a million.

I'm just curious. How much would be houses like these in other countries, with beach front?
http://www.luxurycroatia.net/index....-sale-with-pier-omis&option=com_jea&Itemid=37
http://www.luxurycroatia.net/index....-sale-korcula-island&option=com_jea&Itemid=37

Yes. Provence, in southern France. One of the most interesting places to live.

There is no comparasion living in South Europe and Northern Europe. Every corner of southern Europe is fantastic. That is why Northerns come to relax in South. Southerns come to north not for its beauty but for work. Strictly for work. I have been living in NY CITY for a long time. If I made the money I am making here in Albania, there was no chance of me living or even vacationing in NY City or northern Europe. South is where all civilisations started, and there is a reason for that

Seven years ago i was forced to live in southern Europe. I have no regrets. It was rather interesting period for me and my family

This thread has been viewed 378 times.

Back