K12 Dodecad project : highest percentage for each admixture

Germans, British, Orcadians, Dutch, etc have all over 20% mediterranean. North-Italians have over 50%. Is imposible to not be a european component.

It's the component with less Asian affinities, and the less similar to negroids after East European. Doesn't matter how do you call it, the meaning it's perfectly known: Southern European / Paleolithic European.

It's the component with less Asian affinities, and the less similar to negroids after East European. Doesn't matter how do you call it, the meaning it's perfectly known: Southern European / Paleolithic European.
Not true. South European is closer to Southwest Asian than North European and West Asian are. I'm not sure what Dienkes wrote about affinities between S. European and North African. I'm to lazy to search for that info.

Stop contradicting yourself man, you accepted the fact a few posts ago...LOL. Southwest Asian is the ONLY Asian cluster closer to Mediterranean, the rest are NOT. And West Asian is closer to East African and Black Africans than Mediterranean. Even West European is closer to Negroids than Mediterranean.

Here you have the distances: http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-Pw7x-HD7ON0/TgJS__AvriI/AAAAAAAAAiU/44-iorvZqS0/s1600/fst.png

Yes, it's Southern European or Paleolithic European. Mediterranean is just a general name, the meaning it's perfectly clear.

Stop contradicting yourself man, you accepted the fact a few posts ago...LOL. Southwest Asian is the ONLY Asian cluster closer to Mediterranean, the rest are NOT. And West Asian is closer to East African and Black Africans than Mediterranean. Even West European is closer to Negroids than Mediterranean.

Here you have the distances: http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-Pw7x-HD7ON0/TgJS__AvriI/AAAAAAAAAiU/44-iorvZqS0/s1600/fst.png

Yes, it's Southern European or Paleolithic European. Mediterranean is just a general name, the meaning it's perfectly clear.
I'm not contradicting myself. Don't you see that South European/Mediterranean is even here closer to Northwest African?

Northwest African to South European = 0.067
Northwest African to West Asian = 0.068

But yes according to this is West Asian closer to other African components.

blogfn.jpg

The fact is that I don't know what were you replying. ¿What wasn't true of what I said? Your comment had no sense in that context.

The fact is that I don't know what were you replying. ¿What wasn't true of what I said? Your comment had no sense in that context.
You wrote that Medit. / South European has less Asian affinities than other components. Which is not true. Medit. / South European is closer to Southwest Asian and North African than North European and West Asian are.

However maybe it's true that West Asian is closer to other 'African' components. I've just seen 1 example though.

Man, read again the text. IT'S TRUE.

East/West European and West Asian are much more closer to SOUTH ASIAN, NORTHEAST ASIAN AND SOUTHEAST ASIAN than Mediterranean. Then, they have MUCH MORE ASIAN AFFINITIES.

Case closed.

Man, read again the text. IT'S TRUE.

East/West European and West Asian are much more closer to SOUTH ASIAN, NORTHEAST ASIAN AND SOUTHEAST ASIAN than Mediterranean. Then, they have MUCH MORE ASIAN AFFINITIES.

Case closed.
Now I do understand you! It's much clearer, your other post was very cryptic! Mediterranean is only closer to Northwest African and Southwest Asia, what makes sense cause they lie next to each other. While West Asian is closer to all other Asian and maybe African components. Now we do agree with each other!

South European is the oldest & native European component! Goes back to the prehistoric times!

It's very difficult to agree. I have a lot of work with you XD

Congratulations :D

It's very difficult to agree. I have a lot of work with you XD

Congratulations :D
I do really hope I'm not going to post here again. I spent very much time on this damn :heart: European, Asian & African components that gave me very much headaches. Too much time if you aks me...

(y)

... and one more interesting detail that definitely proves that this "Mediterranean" is ... "Mediterranean" and not "European" at all.

The highest percentage is DOD725 at 54.4%, from North Italy, right, but DOD168, a Tunisian, is... at 42.4%! so only 12% difference. This difference is too small to make this component "European".

And last but not least, this component peaks in ... Sardinians, who are geographically intermediate between South Europe and North Africa.

Listen charlatan, the Tunisian scores 37.7% European at K=10, while here he scores 49.6% at K=12. The difference is 11.9%, and you can perfectly check Polish people who has increased much more than him with the EAST EUROPEAN component.

Another thing, DOD725 is not from North Italy, he is Iberian, and scores 89.7% total Euroepan at K=10. Check here all that I'm saying:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...jU0d2MUtJSkMzNGc&hl=en&authkey=CP-9p_wC#gid=0

Definetely, Mediterranean is the MOST ancient European, like it or not. Time to go to bed, anti-Iberian ;)

EDITED:
Here you have a Polish example:

K=10
DOD707 South Europe (12.3) + North Europe (75.6) = 87.9 %

K=12
v3
DOD 707
: W.E (32.9) + E.E (51.8) + Medit. (15.3) = 100 %

The difference is 12.1% from K=10 to K=12, and the Mediterranean is VERY low in him.

And Sardinian average:
[FONT=&quot]K=10[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]South Europe (96.5) + North Europe (0.6) = 97.1 %[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]K=12 v3[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]West European (30.3) + East European (0.0) + Mediterranean (55.5) = 85.8 %

This one has even DECREASED with the Mediterranean component.

You have absolutely NO REASON.
[/FONT]

... and one more interesting detail that definitely proves that this "Mediterranean" is ... "Mediterranean" and not "European" at all.

The highest percentage is DOD725 at 54.4%, from North Italy, right, but DOD168, a Tunisian, is... at 42.4%! so only 12% difference. This difference is too small to make this component "European".

And last but not least, this component peaks in ... Sardinians, who are geographically intermediate between South Europe and North Africa.
And what makes you think that Tunisians can't have european ancestry, even if pre-neolithic ? Why do you think in North-Africa there is mtDNA H1, H3, V which is of European origin ? Plus Sardinians are ethnically european, even if geographically they are an Island in the middle of the mediterranean.

Btw this label is arbitrary, it could have been called South-European, or could have been splitted between Basque and Sardinian, like in other runs. So if this component is not Europen, explain to me how can Scandinavians have 15% or Germans 25%, it is certainly of european origin, unless you suggest that northern-europeans are 15-20% of non-european.

He knows the truth perfectly. As I said, he is the only t.r.o.l.l. joining 23andme, and the only thing he is worried about is to find the way to spread more lies about Spaniards.

Too bad. It's time to remove the Portuguese flag, we know you are half North African and half French.

By the way, here is a message he posted in ancestry thread were it's possible to check his Dodecad results:
EuroMed - DOD004 : 100% Western Mediterranean : 50% NorthWest Mediterranean (Occitan) and 50% SouthWest Mediterranean (Berber/Jew): http://dodecad.blogspot.com/2010/11/information-about-project-samples.html?commentPage=1

5.3 EE + 26.9 WE + 30.5 Medit. = 62.7% Euro

Nothing to do with Spaniards or Portuguese (91% and 86% European).

Sweet Dreams.

"...definitely proves...Mediterranean is...not European"? Where do you come up with these odd notions? Are you serious?

Do you know anything about Tunisians? And, don't you think it's about time you stopped pretending to be Portuguese. You are as much Portuguese as I'm Seminole.:useless:

He knows the truth perfectly. As I said, he is the only t.r.o.l.l. joining 23andme, and the only thing he is worried about is to find the way to spread more lies about Spaniards.

Too bad. It's time to remove the Portuguese flag, we know you are half North African and half French.

By the way, here is a message he posted in ancestry thread were it's possible to check his Dodecad results:
EuroMed - DOD004 : 100% Western Mediterranean : 50% NorthWest Mediterranean (Occitan) and 50% SouthWest Mediterranean (Berber/Jew): http://dodecad.blogspot.com/2010/11/information-about-project-samples.html?commentPage=1

5.3 EE + 26.9 WE + 30.5 Medit. = 62.7% Euro

Nothing to do with Spaniards or Portuguese (91% and 86% European).

Sweet Dreams.

Oh, so that's the guy so many people on 23 & me are complaining about.:LOL:

Mediterranean means Southern European (Southwest + Southeast Europe). The way you post the distances it's absolutly WRONG. You must take all clusters as reference, and if you look carefully, you'll see that West Asian is closer to Neo African, Paleo African, and some other non European clusters than the Mediterranean is. That's easy to understand, since West Asian is one of the near eastern clusters, and Mediterranean is the 3rd European cluster. Even West European is closer to Paleo African than the Mediterranean is.

West Asian component is the closest to Northern European one.

True, but does not refute anything I said in the text you quote (if that was your intention). Actually I never denied this part of the Fst Distances in the whole thread, just pointed out that the clusters should be considered taking all the rest as reference. That simple.

Some people have phobias concerning certain ethnic groups and spread the most insane lies and distortions about them. What a world ... a world of faux realities. LOL!

This thread has been viewed 132505 times.

Back