(offtopic about Albanian)

Do you have any evidence? that E Hg in Balkans is older than R1b?
do you have any ISO? any LINK? or that suits you ?

or you thought about it?.

The current distribution of E with high percentages all over europe is proof of it. They have also found E-V13 from 5000 BC in Spain. Since you're being very rude, you go and dig up the source about Spain.
And Epirus has and will always be albanian, by the way, go kill yourself if that doesn't suit you.

The current distribution of E with high percentages all over europe is proof of it. They have also found E-V13 from 5000 BC in Spain. Since you're being very rude, you go and dig up the source about Spain.
And Epirus has and will always be albanian, by the way, go kill yourself if that doesn't suit you

The genetist Mr Kamani its own genetical laws,
He overpass laws of diversity, he overpass botllenecks etc and thinks Genetics is like mechanic of Liquid,

Thank you, you make my day again
:cool-v:
I wonder what the rest of the forum will think?

PS
once more your statement expose not only you but also Albanians at the forum
I still wonder why the rest Albanians share that Ideas of yours?
Just go ahead, continue with your laws, tell what more about your theories,
I wonder do the Albanian University scientists also share your Ideas and Genetic laws?
tell us Kamani,
In Universities in Albania, do they agree with you?
YES OR NO?

So E Hg in Balkans is older than R1b cause it was found older in Iberia?
no matter the diversities DYS etc?
Right Kamani?

Besides you just reveil and expose your shelf,
you are nothing more than an expansionist that twists and cretates pseudoscientific data just to put claims,
Not to be taken serious by the rest,
you just show us that all your posts and theories are not for science but for military and political reasons, not scientific.
Thank you again for making my Day,

PS
I wonder after that what the rest Albanians of the forum who claim that are neutral what they will say?
is it me or zanipolo the heat or your own extra-Nationalists that create problems with Pseudoscientific data?

dismissed!! how can entire books by different historians be dismissed, especially by someone expressing his views in a forum.

E has been in south-east europe before celtic R1b got there, that's why you don't see a high percentage of it in placed like Ireland. However you see a considerable percentage in Austria, the next Hallstat country closest to Albania. The jugoslav countries also have considerable E, because of assimilating albanians into slavs. Out of all the non-albanian jugoslavs, based on y-dna, the serbs are the ones who can claim the most illyrian ancestry, by virtue of having assimilated albanians. But then if you compare autosomally, albanians are closer to Montenegrins and Macedonians than Serbs. Genetically, the furthest jugoslavs from Albanians are Croatians.

The Serbs didn't get most of their E because the absorbed "Albanians", but because they absorbed neolithic peoples. Did the Austrians also get their E Albanians?

We have discussed this in another section, other peoples like Greeks have a greater variety of the E-V13 haplogroup than Albanians, so it couldn't have come from Albanians.

Were it did come from and how it spread still remains to be seen. The high amounts of E among Kosovar Albanians is probably due to genetic drift.

The Serbs didn't get most of their E because the absorbed "Albanians", but because they absorbed neolithic peoples. Did the Austrians also get their E Albanians?

We have discussed this in another section, other peoples like Greeks have a greater variety of the E-V13 haplogroup than Albanians, so it couldn't have come from Albanians.

Were it did come from and how it spread still remains to be seen. The high amounts of E among Kosovar Albanians is probably due to genetic drift.
E-V13 in Serbs is due to Montenegrins who in turn are to a large degree Slavicized Albanians.

Did the Austrians also get their E Albanians?
The austrians probably got most of it from the celts of the area, who on their turn got it from previous neolithic people in the area. I am not 100% sure as to where did the serbs got it from, but they were in relatively good relations with the albanian villagers, who were christian before the turks invaded.

please show me Ptolemy book 3, chapter 12 , Macedonia ....where the wordalbanoi appears ........there is no other appearance
albanianopolis appears in ptolemy writings around south caspian seaarea.

You are definitely wrong. It appears in the section of Macedonia (which coversin Ptolemy's time most of Ancient Illyria) and Epirus:

5znoer.jpg

The country was called Albanon and the city Albanopolis

209gegh.jpg

A city which during Medieval times was considered part of Albania:

jszwo8.jpg

which itself meant Epirus, while its inhabitants were called indiscriminatelyeither Albanesi or Epirotes.

E-V13 in Serbs is due to Montenegrins who in turn are to a large degree Slavicized Albanians.

What?

According great Genetist Kamani E-V13 is Neolithic.

Neolithic people did not spoke Albanian neither Slav.
Neolithic people were absorved by later ethnicities.

How you claim now that E-V13 is Albanian?
Kamani the Albanian genetist said Neolithic from Iberia and older IE R1b R1a in Europe,

How you claim that is Albanian?
was E-V13 IE gene? or Albanian Language is not IE?

seems like after Kamani E-V13 is not Albanian But Slaviced Neolithic, Helleniced neolithic, Albaniazed neolithic, MonteNegrianized Neolithic?

Choose who is right? Kamani or You Eldritz?
IS E-V13 Neolithic Iberian or Not?

Well, your sources were from a blog. I don't care if Dienekes is qualified, a blog is not a reputable source, just a place for opinions. And what are you trying to show with Arbëresh? Searching for "Christian" yields 0 results. Or are you trying to show Arbëresh are different from Albanains? You just witnessed a founder effect.

EDIT: Well, apparently I wasn't the first to think the study was pointless for the same reason.

zanipolo said:
In regards to the word gentiles, the confusion is you thought i referred to albanians. it was a Roman word for Jews who became christians, I never said albanian jews ( are there albanian jews?)
Yes you did compare them to Albanians. Yes there are Jews in Albania.

zanipolo said:
In regards to Ptolemy and other greek and Roman historians, I cannot find ALBANOI , except in latin translation meaning a foreigner, ...not from these lands.

All other meanings of light, mount, white, dawn, holy etc etc are BS
Someone else showed it to you, now stop asking me. I never said anything before you mentioned him. The only thing I said was that there were other non-Albanians citing him way before it was mentioned here, before this forum existed, and they were never ever questioned, until some Albanians started mentioning him. Then I (who never mentioned him) am accused of creating a fictional story. You want me to list everyone who quoted Ptolemy before? If I do that, will you leave me alone and bully them instead?

Now, I see you're getting tired of researching in the wrong places. Let's go back to the basics. Someone else has done the research for you. The Position of Albanian by Eric P. Hamp http://bit.ly/12ppSUd It's neutral, it has very good points. Even today.

zanipolo said:
It would be best if you write to the Albanian government and get them to change the name of Albania to its PROPER name used by its people which is Shqiptar
In top of this very sub-forum there's the difference between endonym and exonym.

Now before you give me examples of how other countries have petitioned on name changing etc. let's make a fair comparison shall we? Let's find an ethnic group of people undocumented for a long time, with a language whose origin is obscure, but three main candidates are proposed. Now let's suppose they're being asked by one person in the neighbouring country to change their name, for a reason that shouldn't concern him. The reason is "I don't think your language originates from the same group of people you got the name from". Ready? What is someone in Japan asked Koreans to change their name to Hanguk because he doesn't feel like the Korean language originated from Goguryeo, but instead from Silla or Baekje? The question is pretty stupid as you can see. The name stuck, get over it. It's not hurting you, don't complain.

Also, I don't know if you actually read the link about "Shqiptar" you gave to me, but it's very insulting for non-Albanians to call "Albania" or "Albanians", "Shqipëria" or "Shqiptar". It didn't have to be, but it's has been used that way, so the connotations have remained. I'll let it fly instead of assuming it was a stealth insult from you. Just know this next time you propose revolutionary ideas.

Beside Shqiptarët didn't appear suddenly out of nowhere in the 17th century as much as you are trying to make them. While the relation to Albanoi or Albanopolis or whatever with Arbëresh is controversial, the relation of Arbëresh with Shqiptar is documented making it an undisputed fact. And yet you are disputing it, right here, right now. And you're also asking me to change the name of Albania. So much in one day.

You are definitely wrong. It appears in the section of Macedonia (which coversin Ptolemy's time most of Ancient Illyria) and Epirus:

5znoer.jpg

The country was called Albanon and the city Albanopolis

209gegh.jpg

A city which during Medieval times was considered part of Albania:

jszwo8.jpg

which itself meant Epirus, while its inhabitants were called indiscriminatelyeither Albanesi or Epirotes.

please link your sites for me to check

Well, your sources were from a blog. I don't care if Dienekes is qualified, a blog is not a reputable source, just a place for opinions. And what are you trying to show with Arbëresh? Searching for "Christian" yields 0 results. Or are you trying to show Arbëresh are different from Albanains? You just witnessed a founder effect.

At the end of dienekes is a link to the official document if you do not like what they say........go check the official documents.

No, it was an example to show you the system that is used at the time.

Now before you give me examples of how other countries have petitioned on name changing etc. let's make a fair comparison shall we? Let's find an ethnic group of people undocumented for a long time, with a language whose origin is obscure, but three main candidates are proposed. Now let's suppose they're being asked by one person in the neighbouring country to change their name, for a reason that shouldn't concern him. The reason is "I don't think your language originates from the same group of people you got the name from". Ready? What is someone in Japan asked Koreans to change their name to Hanguk because he doesn't feel like the Korean language originated from Goguryeo, but instead from Silla or Baekje? The question is pretty stupid as you can see. The name stuck, get over it. It's not hurting you, don't complain.

All that is written about the latin word Albanoi is that it means foreigner , that is ...not from these lands.

someone now refers to albanians as epirotes from Italian texts.....make up your mind , what do Albanians want to claim ?

I don't know if you actually read the link about "Shqiptar" you gave to me, but it's very insulting for non-Albanians to call "Albania" or "Albanians", "Shqipëria" or "Shqiptar". It didn't have to be, but it's has been used that way, so the connotations have remained. I'll let it fly instead of assuming it was a stealth insult from you. Just know this next time you propose revolutionary ideas.

insulting to call an Albanian Shqiptar , really...no wonder you have problems...its your language isn't it. its noted everywhere.
Is this a tosk .v. gheg thing?

many countries have changed there name from western to their true peoples name, Siam, Burma to name just 2

Beside Shqiptarët didn't appear suddenly out of nowhere in the 17th century as much as you are trying to make them. While the relation to Albanoi or Albanopolis or whatever with Arbëresh is controversial, the relation of Arbëresh with Shqiptar is documented making it an undisputed fact. And yet you are disputing it, right here, right now. And you're also asking me to change the name of Albania. So much in one day.

I care little for your medieval, renaissance, industrial, modern times .........i am after the ancient part.

Looking more into the word ALBANOI , I came across some articles that albanians are related to Chechens as per linguistic similarities below............I only copied a few ( or else it would be pages on pages )

CHECHENIA=ICHQERIA
ALBANIA=SHQIPTERIA
Chechen=aakharkho,Albanian=katundar,English=peasan t
Chechen=alsamoo,Albanian=me shume,English=more
Chechen=aagan,Albanian=eker,English=wild
Chechen=aara dalan,Albanian=jashte dal,English=get out
Chechen=aaradaqqa,Albanian=terhoqa,English=withdra w
Chechen=aaradovlilla,Albanian=rrugedalje,English=e xit
Chechen=aare,Albanian=rrafsh,English=plain
Chechen=arzha,Albanian=zeze,English=black
Chechen=aaz,Albanian=ze,English=voice
Chechen=baarz,Albanian=varr,English=grave
Chechen=banka,Albanian=burre,English=man
Chechen=baar,Albanian=arre,English=nut
Chechen=bashkhan,Albanian=shkelqyer,English=excell ent
Chechen=bekhka,Albanian=borxh,English=debt,obligat ion
Chechen=bil ma,Albanian=fal me,English=im sorry
Chechen=besan,Albanian=zbehte,English=pale
Chechen=buha,Albanian=buf,English=owl
Chechen=cham,Albanian=shijshem,English=tasty
Chechen=yaalla,waala,Albanian=eja,English=come here
Chechen=chu,Albanian=hyj,English=get in
Chechen=daago,Albanian=djeg,English=burn
Chechen=dahiita,Albanian=dergoj,English=send
Chechen=dehndi,Albanian=gjedhe,English=cattle
Chechen=dain,Albanian=drite,English=light
Chechen=daakhkan,Albanian=gjendem,English=located
Chechen=delqa,Albanian=dreke,English=lunch
Chechen=dowgha,Albanian=djeges,English=hot
Chechen=duq,Albanian=aq,English=so many
Chechen=dyelkha,Albanian=kerkoj,English=to cry
Chechen=eskar,Albanian=ushtri,English=army
Chechen=ghaighanii,Albanian=hidheroj,English=make sad
Chechen=ghaala,Albanian=kala,English=castle
Chechen=gaalat,Albanian=gabim,English=mistake
Chechen=ghishto,Albanian=ngrehine,English=building
Chechen=gharlima,Albanian=ngrirje,English=freezing
Chechen=goola,Albanian=gju,English=knee
Chechen=hakkha,Albanian=terheq,English=draw
Chechen=hoqa,Albanian=kete,English=this
Chechen=hostam,Albanian=gozhde,English=nail
Chechen=khalkhar,Albanian=kercej,English=dance
Chechen=khan,Albanian=kohe,English=time
Chechen=khasbesh,Albanian=kopesht,English=garden
Chechen=keeda,Albanian=qetem,English=cut
Chechen=khena,Albanian=kohe,English=weather
Chechen=khila,Albanian=qene,English=been
Chechen=khilam,Albanian=kam,English=have
Chechen=kho,Albanian=koqeve,English=egg
Chechen=kog,Albanian=kembe,English=leg,foot
Chechen=Iighana,Albanian=Inatosur,English=Angry
Chechen=nana,Albanian=nene,English=mother
Chechen=Ysh,Albanian=Ishin,english=they were
Chechen=shu,Albanian=ju,English=you

Looking into the genetics of the Chechans, they have less than 1% E ........BUT, there is always the J2 which is chechan. BUT what about the E in albania, not popular further north in Bosnia, croatia, slovenia etc
could the north-east migration into Albania as noted by the links I previously attached mean, the linguistic part.

as per notes:
The I2a-deficiency of the Arbereshe also gives support to the theory that the Albanians are relatively recent arrivals from the northeast; this theory has been upheld in the past on the basis of the (i) their historical obscurity until the last millennium, and (ii) the paucity of native sea terms and Greek loanwords in Albanian, which is difficult to explain if Albanians always occupied their current location on the Adriatic.

EDIT: Well, apparently I wasn't the first to think the study was pointless for the same reason.

Someone else showed it to you, now stop asking me. I never said anything before you mentioned him. The only thing I said was that there were other non-Albanians citing him way before it was mentioned here, before this forum existed, and they were never ever questioned, until some Albanians started mentioning him. Then I (who never mentioned him) am accused of creating a fictional story. You want me to list everyone who quoted Ptolemy before? If I do that, will you leave me alone and bully them instead?

Now, I see you're getting tired of researching in the wrong places. Let's go back to the basics. Someone else has done the research for you. The Position of Albanian by Eric P. Hamp http://bit.ly/12ppSUd It's neutral, it has very good points. Even today.

In top of this very sub-forum there's the difference between endonym and exonym.

Also, I don't know if you actually read the link about "Shqiptar" you gave to me, but it's very insulting for non-Albanians to call "Albania" or "Albanians", "Shqipëria" or "Shqiptar". It didn't have to be, but it's has been used that way, so the connotations have remained. I'll let it fly instead of assuming it was a stealth insult from you. Just know this next time you propose revolutionary ideas.

In Albanian Passports does not mention Republica Albania
But Rebuplica SHqiperia

Termination Shqiperia is unknown to Arbanites, means it is after 1800 at least.

In Albanian Passports does not mention Republica Albania
But Rebuplica SHqiperia

Termination Shqiperia is unknown to Arbanites, means it is after 1800 at least.

Greeks call their country Hellas, foreigners call it Greece.Latin name of the nation was Graeci, from which the English name Greeks originates. These names in turn trace their origin from Graecus, the Latin adaptation of the Greek name Γραικός, which means 'Greek' but its etymology remains uncertain. It is unclear why the Romans called the country Graecia and its people Graeci, while the Greeks called their land Hellas and themselves Hellenes, and several speculations have been made

One of the speculations I have read from Yetos regarding etymology of the name graecia is that it means "old women" and could cognate with or come from Albanian "grua", woman.

Can I make a request that Greece asks other countries to stop calling it Greece as this name's origin is either unknown or stems from Albanian name for women?

1) Go find about Epirus Despotate against State of Alba and Anju, (Epirus is synonym to Greeks in ship catalogue in homer)
2) Go find who were the major divisions of Thracian, (Odrysee, Tribali, Getan-Dacian, Paeoni) and illyro-Thracian (Dardani)
3) Arbanitika and Arberesh is another story. has nothing to do with Illyrian ancestry but mostly after Maniakis and South Italy, and 4rth Crusade, not with Illyrian case, Don't mix 1200 AD with 700 BC.
4) Tell me which was the sacred oracle of Greeks before Delphi? was it Dodona or not?
5) what do you know about Ελιμειοι Elimeians? to what nation branch will you put them?

these are question to help you understand what we are talking,
Getan-Dacian was a kind of Dialect among Thracians, like Duetsch and Austrian and Dutch in Germanic or Geg-Tosk in Albanian. your thesis about Dacian is like if Geg are Albanians then Tosk are not, Thracian is a wider family of dialects and tribes, not the Lysimachos Thrace.
Besides Dardania is considered Illyro-Thracian much before Illyrian wars.

The one who is using Epirotes as Albanians is Zeus 10 after a lexicon,
Before that Lexicon Publish we have Epirus Despotate, was it Albanian Kesi?
and if you go to far ancient times, who are the Greeks (not Myceneans) in Homer Katalogue of Ships?
don't mix Myceneans with Greeks, Both are Hellenes but not the same sub-group,
Myceneans is a sub-group of Hellenes not the total amount of Greeks,
when Karanos established Makedonian Kingdom Elimeians were East of Lake Λυχνιτις (Ohrid) living among Phrygians
You are mixing up periods, first you ask what were ancient epirotes than you jump on the Epirus Despotate and talk about Arvanites and Arberesh. I already explained why I mentioned arvanites, you still don't answer: do they speak shqip/Albanian or not?

Regarding Thracians and Daco-Mysians, some believe they spoke dialects of the same langauge some believe they only had some words in common from interacting with each other, I believe the latter.

THE BIG QUESTION TO ANSWER YOUR SHELF ?
IF EPIROTANS WERE ILLYRIANS? WHY MAKEDONIANS AND REST GREEKS CALL THEM EPIROTANS AND NOT ILLYRIANS?

For same reason they were not grouped with Hellenes

AND WHY ALL GEOGRAPHERS NAME THEM AS EPIROTANS AND NOT AS ILLYRIA OR ILLYRIAN TRIBE? like Taulanti-Parthini etc?

They also were not named Hellenic tribes

PS

SOME ALBANIANS HERE IN THE FORUM CLAIM THAT EXISTED ALBANI TRIBE AFTER A POSSIBLE CITY ALBANIAPOLIS MENTIONED IN PTOLEMY, BUT GIVE NO TEXT
WHY THEN THEY DON"T READ ABOUT PTOLAMY AND EPIRUS.
ΑΡΧΕΓΟΝΟΣ ΕΛΛΑΣ
MOTHERLAND OF GREEKS (ΓΡΑΙΟΙ) NAMES PTOLEMY EPIRUS
WHY YOU MAKE HYPOTHETICAL TRIBES AND CLAIM PTOLEMY? AND YOU REJECT HIM ABOUT EPIROS?

PTOLEMY
AΡΧΕΓΟΝΟΣ ΕΛΛΑΣ ΗΕΠΙΡΟΣ (MOTHERLAND OF GREEKS, EPIROS)
ARISTOTLE
ΕΛΛΑΔΑ ΤΗΝ ΑΡΧΑΙΑΝ (BEGINING OF GREECE)
PROKOPIOS
Ελληνες εισιν, Ηπειρωται καλουμενοι, αχρις Επιδαμνου πολεως (Dyrrach).
THOYKIDIDES
same with Prokopios Epirotan tribes until EPidamnos
DIionysios (ο περιηγητης)
Describes as Epiros and Greek until North of Αυλων (Vlore) το Απολλονια (Pogiani)
STRABO
GIVES BORDER AMONG ILLYRIA AND GREECE THE ΓΕΝΟΥΣΙΟΣ RIVER
Pliny the elder
his description about Illyria proprie Dicti describes land away from Epirus

Besides
Epirotans always took part in Olympic Games,

'Ωρκιην υπερ αιαν ερειδειται Ελλαδος αρχη'
search for it.' Greece starts from Ωρικο lands'

No, Albanians said Ptolemy wrote about the Albanoi tribe and place of Albanapolis but you called us liers and claimed this was a fictional tribe and made up by Albanians. Go dispute the text brought by Zeus

so kesi the one who claim Epirotes are not Greeks is you, and Zeus10, at least he gave a lexicon published by Tocco family friend, you? any link ? any writer?
Besides all historian say that after 4rth crusade the Greeks who resist were 4 kingdoms, among them Epiros Despotate which was at war with Anjou's Alba,
or you will claim that Epirus despotate was Albanian also?

Greeks is a no Mycenean, Hellenick tribe described in Homer katalogue of ships, and many others later.
before Delphi and Olympia was Dodona and Hellanas river,
they call Epirus not as Hellenic but as Begining, motherland, ancient Greece, where all begun.

PS 2do you have any link that Epirotans were not Greeks?
where you based your aproach that they were not Greeks?

PART2
when I said Illyrian Pelasgian+Celtic all of you claim whatever ideas as mother of IE or as 'gods' Basquez etc
When I said about E HG from Levant all you Nationalists claimed Caucasian, Neolithic Spain, and you were proud,
When Zanipolo said about Phoenician you laugh,
All of you claim what ever and play it scientists.
But it Seems you don't know even the Geography of your Country,
NOT EVEN THE ANCIENTS CITIES OF YOUR COUNTRY.

outside of Saranta (Βουθρωτο) there is an ancient city, named Φοινικη (Phoenike)
you see all of you Albanian Nationalists are so blind that do not even know or understand the history and the name meaning of your country.

You asked a question and I answered, if you have a problem with my answer sorry nothing I can do about it.
You consider Zanipolo's methods as very scientific this tells what kind of science you have in mind LOL

Couldn't it be so that the greeks started calling themselves Hellenes / Hellas after Alexander brought them together and started the "national" unification process of bringing the various Greek tribes together?

I know albanians have some fantasy about them being pelasgian/illyrian and having birthrights to the whole Balkan peninsula but the truth is that Albanians per se hasn't played a significant role in the Balkans at all.

Turks weren't beset on conquering Italy, they just ravaged coastals cities due to the big booties that could be found. Turks had their eyes on Budapest, Belgrade, Wien and other "rich" and "great" cities. They knew that the italian city-states couldn't be taken by force due to their naval powers/mercantile powers.

You are mixing up periods, first you ask what were ancient epirotes than you jump on the Epirus Despotate and talk about Arvanites and Arberesh. I already explained why I mentioned arvanites, you still don't answer: do they speak shqip/Albanian or not?

Regarding Thracians and Daco-Mysians, some believe they spoke dialects of the same langauge some believe they only had some words in common from interacting with each other, I believe the latter.

For same reason they were not grouped with Hellenes

They also were not named Hellenic tribes

No, Albanians said Ptolemy wrote about the Albanoi tribe and place of Albanapolis but you called us liers and claimed this was a fictional tribe and made up by Albanians. Go dispute the text brought by Zeus

You asked a question and I answered, if you have a problem with my answer sorry nothing I can do about it.
You consider Zanipolo's methods as very scientific this tells what kind of science you have in mind LOL

now it is Zanipolo the problem?

for months I hear what ever, ever that Epirotes were Albanians!!
and when Zanipolo started to answer you with methods that many Albanians use, you say Zanipolo is the problem,
so either all must obey his master voice Albanocentric crup, either all are antiscientists now, right?

Couldn't it be so that the greeks started calling themselves Hellenes / Hellas after Alexander brought them together and started the "national" unification process of bringing the various Greek tribes together?

I know albanians have some fantasy about them being pelasgian/illyrian and having birthrights to the whole Balkan peninsula but the truth is that Albanians per se hasn't played a significant role in the Balkans at all.

Turks weren't beset on conquering Italy, they just ravaged coastals cities due to the big booties that could be found. Turks had their eyes on Budapest, Belgrade, Wien and other "rich" and "great" cities. They knew that the italian city-states couldn't be taken by force due to their naval powers/mercantile powers.

No,
the termination Eλληνες exist centuries before Alexander, for example Herodotus.
Estimated before 776 BC when olympic games from Thessaly and Ελλανας river move to Peloponese and Olympia.
Mention of such games we have even by Homer.

@ Kesi

no need to persuade you,

Simply Epirotan King Pyrros as son Achilleas dream to do what Alexander did not,

To unify the Greek cities of Magna Grecian against incoming Romans,

not to unify Illyrians, neither to unify Albanians,

No,
the termination Eλληνες exist centuries before Alexander, for example Herodotus.
Estimated before 776 BC when olympic games from Thessaly and Ελλανας river move to Peloponese and Olympia.
Mention of such games we have even by Homer.

Aha, is it the same as the greek term Graikos? ? Or is it a "wider" term of the wider greek world?

This thread has been viewed 95022 times.

Back