Were the Croatians originally Slavic?

Troy is not Albanian word. That root probably has meaning on almost every language of the world. And the correct term was not Troy but Troia.
And people of what we call Troia did not use any of them, as far as we know today. Just like Illyrians...
Troia or troy both are Albanian words. The people of the region were was located the ancient city of troy were called dardanians. You probably know this.
Illyrians were a tribe located near scodra lake. From this tribe the hellenes and later the Romans called either the other tribes who were ethnically akin with the illyrians of scodra lake. This is generally accepted by the scholars. Hyllirian is a name and a word probably not Hellenic . Please stop saying stuff before not verifying it.

Troia as per the trojans was the province name where the capital was called Ilios.

In venetian
Troj(i) is a dirt track

Troj(i)a is to sow

Troia is also used as a slang word to describe a cheap prostitute .............a woman who peddles her profession along dirt tracks........sow ones seeds
You are completely wrong here. Has nothing to do with the venetians nor with the Italian language. Troy was the city. Dardanian were the inhabitants of the region North West Anatolia around troy. Troy is an Albanian word. It is too clear. Old Albanians who lived on mountains used that, describing their own lands. : I am on troy. This is my troy, or this is my Troia. Dardan is an Albanian word either. Ok, all these stuffs could be a coincidence.

yes Dardanian and dardanelian passage,
Maybe linguist Duridanov is Alb anian also?
remember Persian king was also Darius
he could be Albanian if he was Daridus?
and in Greece there an area that is named Darnako-choria the people are Darnakes,
are they Troyans, Illyrians? or Thracians?
I never said that Persians were Albanians. Illyrians were not Albanians. It is impossible. They were proto Albanians.
I am trying to make a normal and helpful conversation

ok my Albanian neighbour and pure divine race!!!

Will you decide what you are?
are you Autochthonous?
are you Illyrians from Noricum?
are you Getaae from Dacia?
are you ancient Greeks, Dorians?
Are you Troyans
are you Pelasgians
are you Etruscans?
are you Aromani?
are you Slavs?

it is time to decide

except if you are a nation of gathering litlle bit of all the above,
a mixed modern nation
Firstly: surely the Albanians are not a divine and superior race, as you just said . They are just normal people as the rest of the world.
I can't answer you simply because we can't be 100% sure about stuff and events which happened many many times ago through the course of history.

Croats were called "Krobatoi" in Greek sources most similar names from ancient tribes i could find are;Krobyzoi (Greek: "Κρόβυζοι") is a Thracian,Getae or Dacian tribe.The Kuretes or Kouretes (Κουρῆτες) although this name is connected with some people in Greek mythology that fought against Aetolians,Strabo connect them with Cretans,Aetolians etc..
When begin the split between the Croatian and the Serbian language? As I know the split started after the year 1000 ad.

Firstly: surely the Albanians are not a divine and superior race, as you just said . They are just normal people as the rest of the world.
I can't answer you simply because we can't be 100% sure about stuff and events which happened many many times ago through the course of history.

WHAT ?
now we can not be sure?
but until now we claim that :

Thracians were Albanians
Getae were Albanians?
Ilyrians were Albanians
Makedonians were Albanians
Greeks/Dorians were Albanians
Epirotans were Albanians
Etruscans were Albanians
Troyans were Albanians
Pelasgians were Albanians
Aromani were Albanians
Slavs were Albanians?

Everybody is Albanian

what is next?
Italians are they Albanians to?

NO I have founded it (y)

ADAM and EVE

is

Yes Bible made a mistake :mad:

their Names were Alban and AlbanEVE
and they were Autochthonus in Albania
were the world created, and IE language sprunk (y)

is

Every body is Albanian Autochthon since homo erectus and homo Sapiens were created in Albania, Yeahh yeahhh :cool-v:
Yes and the bad snake was a Greek snake, correct? :LOL::LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Time to change the bible too except History and science

aren't you tired?
to spread whatever?

Troia or troy both are Albanian words. The people of the region were was located the ancient city of troy were called dardanians. You probably know this.

Illyrians were a tribe located near scodra lake. From this tribe the hellenes and later the Romans called either the other tribes who were ethnically akin with the illyrians of scodra lake. This is generally accepted by the scholars. Hyllirian is a name and a word probably not Hellenic . Please stop saying stuff before not verifying it.

1. You may have the world which sound like Troia, just like every other language in the world, but what's that got to do with Wilusa?
2. No it is not generally accepted. Stop lying.

LOL. I don't know why the origin of Albanians becomes a discussion in every topic here. But sometimes it can create funny situations.

For example. Recently, in the 6th grade history books in Serbia, they have accepted that the albanians are autochtonus people of the balkans and the serbs have migrated here and have taken the lands and traditions from them. This thing created a wide debate in the country. The tension was created between the historians, ministry of education and the orthodox church. Patriarch of the church had criticized this move by saying that "we shouldn't raise our children with this dangerous ideas".
embarassed.gif

But various historians reacted to this by saying that: "Without taking in consideration our relations with Albanians, they are a special nation and have their own tradition and history. And this should not be included in someone's own political agenda." - said Nebojsa Jovanovic.
Link http://www.telegrafi.com/lajme/teks...ton-ne-ballkan-hallakate-serbine-2-68464.html

LOL. I don't know why the origin of Albanians becomes a discussion in every topic here.

Because Albanian romantic-nationalists poison every thread on the internet that mentions Thracians, Illyrians, Makedonians, Dorians, Epiroteans, Troyans, Pelasgians, etc ...

Troia as per the trojans was the province name where the capital was called Ilios.

In venetian
Troj(i) is a dirt track

Troj(i)a is to sow

Troia is also used as a slang word to describe a cheap prostitute .............a woman who peddles her profession along dirt tracks........sow ones seeds

we are far from the very topic, but concerning 'troia' as slang term for prostitute we can make the link with the meaning "sow" and here I put a french etymology for the word "truie" = "sow": latin 'troia' from 'porcus troianus', "stuffed pork meat", a joke with the famous Troy horse of the Greeks -
same words transfert of meaning as in french as "jersey" = "wool jumper", from "Jersey wool"

Albanians are not older in Balkans than South Slavs and Romanians.
The genetic testing says clear that South Slavs and Romanians have more old blood,than Albanian,because I2-din came in Balkans before E-v13 did.
As for Croatians,I think they are not mostly Slavic,but they are more Slavic than Serbians,cause they have higher R1A.
The rulers and ruling class was Slavic ,at both Croatians and Serbians and this is how the mass of the people started to speak Slavic.
But I do not think that ruling class is making a whole people.

The genetic testing says clear that South Slavs and Romanians have more old blood,than Albanian,because I2-din came in Balkans before E-v13 did.
As for Croatians,I think they are not mostly Slavic,but they are more Slavic than Serbians,cause they have higher R1A.
The rulers and ruling class was Slavic ,at both Croatians and Serbians and this is how the mass of the people started to speak Slavic.

Really professor! What about the Albanian language that has 50% of its vocabulary from pre-christ vocabulary of Latin!
How did the Albanian get those words if they were not in Illyria that was the only place conquered by Romans at that time?
How about Serb and Croatian language that is similar with south Polish? How did that happen if they were in Ballkans and not in south Poland? Why SLAVS of the Ballkans dont have Latin vocabulary if they were there at the time of Roman conquest?
What is the percentage of Sardinian I in Serbs and Croatian? That is the regional I not the Slavic I?
Use the top of of your body to think, not the bottom!

...Patriarch of the church had criticized this move by saying that "we shouldn't raise our children with this dangerous ideas".
embarassed.gif

But various historians reacted to this by saying that: "Without taking in consideration our relations with Albanians, they are a special nation and have their own tradition and history. And this should not be included in someone's own political agenda." - said Nebojsa Jovanovic.
Link http://www.telegrafi.com/lajme/teks...ton-ne-ballkan-hallakate-serbine-2-68464.html

Great points. The history of the world shows very large amounts of admixture, settlement, and plain land-grabbing. Even so-called "native" groups are not always the "true" natives, but are the people who were living there just before the most recent invasion. For example, Celts are frequently seen as the "natives" of the British Isles who were displaced by Anglo-Saxons and Vikings, but there are clear indications of pre-Celtic settlement.

If I accuse someone of taking my ancestors' land, they can point right back and say that my ancestors took that land from someone else. We can go around and around and play the accuse everyone else game, or we can find a way to move ahead and get along.

I never said that Persians were Albanians. Illyrians were not Albanians. It is impossible. They were proto Albanians.
I am trying to make a normal and helpful conversation

Since we know that Illyrians came from north and that Albanian language has strange correlation with Lithuanian, you probably think there is a chance that Illyrians and Albanians occupied some North-Eastern European area, before they both came down to Balkan. There is a reasonable doubt, but no evidence so far.

Really professor! What about the Albanian language that has 50% of its vocabulary from pre-christ vocabulary of Latin!
How did the Albanian get those words if they were not in Illyria that was the only place conquered by Romans at that time?
How about Serb and Croatian language that is similar with south Polish? How did that happen if they were in Ballkans and not in south Poland? Why SLAVS of the Ballkans dont have Latin vocabulary if they were there at the time of Roman conquest?
What is the percentage of Sardinian I in Serbs and Croatian? That is the regional I not the Slavic I?
Use the top of of your body to think, not the bottom!

Romanians are heavily with Slav genes, but speak more ancient Latin,
Bulgarian language although Slavic has enough Latin also,

ok mr PHD?

WHAT ?
now we can not be sure?
but until now we claim that :

Thracians were Albanians
Getae were Albanians?
Ilyrians were Albanians
Makedonians were Albanians
Greeks/Dorians were Albanians
Epirotans were Albanians
Etruscans were Albanians
Troyans were Albanians
Pelasgians were Albanians
Aromani were Albanians
Slavs were Albanians?

Everybody is Albanian

what is next?
Italians are they Albanians to?

NO I have founded it (y)

ADAM and EVE

is

Yes Bible made a mistake :mad:

their Names were Alban and AlbanEVE
and they were Autochthonus in Albania
were the world created, and IE language sprunk (y)

is

Every body is Albanian Autochthon since homo erectus and homo Sapiens were created in Albania, Yeahh yeahhh :cool-v:
Yes and the bad snake was a Greek snake, correct? :LOL::LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Time to change the bible too except History and science

aren't you tired?
to spread whatever?
You are the only one who is assuming these claims, not, me. I am just trying to elaborate the history.
Try to keep calm and enjoy the forum. [emoji2] .

1. You may have the world which sound like Troia, just like every other language in the world, but what's that got to do with Wilusa?
2. No it is not generally accepted. Stop lying.
I don't have any reason to lie. The yllirian tribe was located near scodra. The scholars argue that from this tribe the hellenes and later the Romans started to call all the rest of the tribes who were akin to them, likewise yllirians.
Troia is an Albanian word connected with the meaning of the city which is your own, on your own possession. It is not just a word akin with another whatsoever Albanian word. - I am back again in my homeland- alb- un u ktheva perseri ne "trojen" time. Go back to homeland- alb- kthehu mbrapsht ne "troje" . I repeat, this might be a coincidence. Although a strange coincidence.

Because Albanian romantic-nationalists poison every thread on the internet that mentions Thracians, Illyrians, Makedonians, Dorians, Epiroteans, Troyans, Pelasgians, etc ...
I could say the same. Because some Slavs romantic nationalistic poison every thread denying everything of Albanian stuff or of Albanian origin.

LOL. I don't know why the origin of Albanians becomes a discussion in every topic here. But sometimes it can create funny situations.

For example. Recently, in the 6th grade history books in Serbia, they have accepted that the albanians are autochtonus people of the balkans and the serbs have migrated here and have taken the lands and traditions from them. This thing created a wide debate in the country. The tension was created between the historians, ministry of education and the orthodox church. Patriarch of the church had criticized this move by saying that "we shouldn't raise our children with this dangerous ideas".
embarassed.gif

If the Serbs claim that their ancestors took and inherited the old Albanian traditions, indeed they could claim some illirian heritage. Which means, partly autochtonous.
Although the term "historical right" doesn't exist

The larger part of I2,which is on Slavic population came in Balkans during the big Slavic migration.

This thread has been viewed 248343 times.

Back