Albanian lexemes and their presence in the other languages

Status
Not open for further replies.
I forgot to mention that Apollo's birth-place was Δήλιος the island of the sun and light. This word is very similar to Albanian 'Dielli' if we remove the suffix ος. I don't know what language the Ancient Greeks were speaking, but it's so strange that artifact like this:
14myyb4.jpg
are destroyed and dissapered:DIELLI O ATA= SUN O FATHER
No Comment

No comment

In the Iliad Aphrodite is described as being the daughter of Zeus and Dion.

Dione's name is a feminine cognate to Dios and Dion, which are simply oblique forms of the name Zeus. Zeus comes from
Proto-Indo-European *deiwos, "celestial" or "shining", from the same root as *Dyēus, the reconstructed chief god of the
Proto-Indo-European pantheon(SKY-Father).

Zeus and Dione shared a cult at Dodona in northwestern Greece, which is close to South Albania.

In Albanian Afërditë (“daybreak, dawn”), is a compound of Afër (“nearby, close”) and Ditë (“day”).

This fits perfectly with referring to the planet Venus when it appears in the east before sunrise, i.e. daybreak / day-is-near.

Afër is not some archaic dead word that is being used here for an agenda, its a word as common as "the" that is used everyday in Albanian.
For example here is a pop mainstream song called "Near and Far":

watch

I don't susbscribe to most of Zeus10's theories, however this Aferdita issue for me not only makes sense etymologically, it also fits
naturally with the mythology, her parents being related to the Sky and the Sun, and she is a Bright Star that is a signal
of beginning of the day. Its too coherent on all fronts.

@ derite

Zeus mistake is this

because Aferdita is simmilar sound with Aphrodite
he uses the planet name so to say that Godess is Albanian creation,

THAT IS FALSIFICATION AND A LIE
VERY COMMON IN PROPAGANDISTS,

why is falsification

Simple
the name of Godess in Greek is Afrodite
and means foam, cleaning foam, either foam diver, either foam deity = aphro-deity

The planet name IN GREEK is EOSPHOROS meaning Lucifer,
PLANET NAME IS NOT APHRODITE
The Romans named the planet VENUS,
venus in Greek is Aphrodite
so modern Greeks call the planet Aphrodite
as a translation from Roman Venus
Notice all Horoscopes all over the world have RomanoLatin names
Libra Virgo etc etc except in Greek

so what ZEUS10 does,

he takes the Modern Greek name/word
which is Translation from RomanAnd ""Proves us"" that Ancient Greek
are Albanian !!!!!!!!
:shocked:

THAT IS FALSIFICATION
a simple lie,
AND CLEARLY A FACULTATED THING THAT HAS CLEAR A PURPOSE,

which to the eye of an ignorant seems a big truth, a revεal

Everybody in the forum exposure him
But he insist At the end i will abbandon him

Now if AferDita in Albanian means First in The morning
has nothing to Do with Godess Aphrodite
But with Planet Venus in Greek Eosphoros
THERE IS NO CONNECTION

more simple I can not describe it Derites
you are smart to distinguish the false and correct
the lie and the truth.

besides everybody in Greece know who is Zeus10

@ DERITE

Alb Aferdita = ΕΩΣΦΟΡΟΣ Gr not Afrodite
only under a speculum of pseudoscience Aferdita is Afrodite

Zeus10

again you tell us nothing

For example

THE CONNECTION OF ALEXANDER WITH AMMON-RA IS WELL KNOWN
And PHARAOHS WERE GODS ON EARTH
AND KING LOUIS OF FRANCE WAS KING SOLEIL
and Caligulla was God

PS
Does your method include also paranormal actrivity?
Global conspiracy?

In another post you say to us that
Sun = Apollo
Then
Sun= Zeus
and finally you ignore Alexandros connection with Amon-Ra
and speak about Suns in Aphganistan

Maybe Rois Louis= King Sun
was a god? a reptilian?

PS
I wonder
When you tell us that Phaethon=Sun is Albanian
haven't you find a facultated simmilar sound yet

PS 2
And because you expand to global conspiracy and paranormal activity

this is to land you down to Earth

''Roman mythology is to thank for the monikers of most of the eight planets in the solar system. The Romans bestowed the names of gods and goddesses on the five planets that could be seen in the night sky with the naked eye. Jupiter, the solar system’s biggest planet, was named for the king of the Roman gods, while the reddish color of the planet Mars led the Romans to name it after their god of war. Mercury, which makes a complete trip around the Sun in just 88 Earth days, is named after the fast-moving messenger of the gods. Saturn, the solar system’s second-largest planet, takes 29 Earth years to make a full revolution of the Sun and is named for the god of agriculture. The Romans named the brightest planet, Venus, for their goddess of love and beauty.''

from
https://www.history.com/news/ask-history/who-named-the-planets

No understand it or not
your method drives to wrong conclusions
your method uses Wrong data in order and purpose of a personal view
the last is called PSEUDOSCIENCE

I forgot to mention that Apollo's birth-place was Δήλιος the island of the sun and light. This word is very similar to Albanian 'Dielli' if we remove the suffix ος. I don't know what language the Ancient Greeks were speaking, but it's so strange that artifact like this:

14myyb4.jpg

are destroyed and dissapered:

DIELLI O ATA= SUN O FATHER

OHH

What we have here?
Global conspiracy against Albanian Language?
and is so effective!!

Goebels would envy it!!!

For your info
ΔΗΛΟΣ is a totally Greek word
which cognates through IE with Albanian Dielli
since have common IE roote

Δηλος
Homeric Δεελος Deelos as I post before via Kratinos we know ee=η
means to reveal, to bring in light,
virb δηλω (-νω)
δηλωσις αδηλωτος

FROM IE *dyew

once again you took IE words and tell us that Albanian is mother language of Greek and generally IEan languages,
or ancient Greeks spoke Albanian !!!!!
characteristic Pseudoscience

Homer did not spoke Albanian
homer spoke early Greek
the coincidence of both being IE does not mean Albanian is mother of IE languages

Δηλος Delos from Hmrc ΔΕΕΛΟΣ
Doric Δαλος
the island were Lato make a Δηλος an Οmnos when brought to light God Apollon

Part 2

since they are destroyed were you found this?
and why is just this?
and not the whole view,
it could say more than you claim

another tricky post for impressions?

@ derite

Zeus mistake is this

why is falsification

(1)Ok let's see why is this a falcification

Simple
and means foam, cleaning foam, either foam diver, either foam deity = aphro-deity

(2)True but let's not jump to the conclusion about her name meaning yet

(3)or the light-bringer

(4)It's not? Let's have a look at the following sentence

(5)So, Aphrodite=Venus, beautiful

(6) So the Modern Greeks, forgot that Venus was Eosphoros, but strangely felt the need to translate her as Aphrodite, who was Aphrodite(Venus) in the first place, according yourself nr(5)

so what ZEUS10 does,

are Albanian !!!!!!!!

What? There is no logic continuation in favor of what you are trying to prove. It's exactly the opposite that you just confirmed. Zeus10 has nothing to do with this coherence on every aspect.

THAT IS FALSIFICATION
a simple lie,

THERE IS NO CONNECTION

the lie and the truth.

Oh well, nothing new here. I am the bad guy here, therefore everything I say has to be false.

@ DERITE

Sure, but still the translation of Aphrodite in Albanian is Afërditë.

Last edited:
@ derite

Zeus mistake is this

why is falsification

Simple

so what ZEUS10 does,

are Albanian !!!!!!!!

THAT IS FALSIFICATION
a simple lie,

THERE IS NO CONNECTION

the lie and the truth.

@ DERITE

I explained in my previous posts that i don`t want to be part of this discussion, but it`s not serious when you Yetos accuse the others as falsificators and from the other side you continue to post your etymologies without quoting a serious source. At least read what the page of Wiki says, it`s not written by Albanians but mostly by Greeks:
Aphrodite

Aphrodite (/æfrəˈdaɪti/ ( listen) af-rə-DY-tee; Greek: Ἀφροδίτη Aphrodítē) is the ancient Greek goddess of love, beauty, pleasure, and procreation. She is identified with the planet Venus, which is named after the Roman goddess Venus, with whom Aphrodite was extensively syncretized. Aphrodite's major symbols include myrtles, roses, doves, sparrows, and swans.
The cult of Aphrodite was largely derived from that of the Phoenician goddess Astarte, a cognate of the East Semitic goddess Ishtar, whose cult was based on the Sumerian cult of Inanna. Aphrodite's main cult centers were Cythera, Cyprus, Corinth, and Athens. Her main festival was the Aphrodisia, which was celebrated annually in midsummer. In Laconia, Aphrodite was worshipped as a warrior goddess. She was also the patron goddess of prostitutes, an association which led early scholars to propose the concept of "sacred prostitution", an idea which is now generally seen as erroneous.
Etymology

Hesiod derives Aphrodite from aphrós (ἀφρός) "sea-foam",[4] interpreting the name as "risen from the foam",[5][4] but most modern scholars regard this as a spurious folk etymology.[4][6] Early modern scholars of classical mythology attempted to argue that Aphrodite's name was of Greek or Indo-European origin,[6] but these efforts have now been mostly abandoned.[6] Aphrodite's name is generally accepted to be of non-Greek, probably Semitic, origin,[6] but its exact derivation cannot be determined.[6]
Scholars in the late nineteenth and early twentieth centuries, accepting Hesiod's "foam" etymology as genuine, analyzed the second part of Aphrodite's name as *-odítē "wanderer"[7] or *-dítē "bright".[8][9]
dítē in Albanian language means day. But let`s continue with the article of Wiki:

Origins

Near Eastern love goddess

The cult of Aphrodite in Greece was imported from, or at least influenced by, the cult of Astarte in Phoenicia,[21][22][23][24] which, in turn, was influenced by the cult of the Mesopotamian goddess known as "Ishtar" to the East Semitic peoples and as "Inanna" to the Sumerians.[25][23][24] Pausanias states that the first to establish a cult of Aphrodite were the Assyrians, after the Assyrians, the Paphians of Cyprus, and then the Phoenicians at Ascalon. The Phoenicians, in turn, taught her worship to the people of Cythera.[26]
Nineteenth century classical scholars had a general aversion to the idea that ancient Greek religion was at all influenced by the cultures of the Near East,[33] but, even Friedrich Gottlieb Welcker, who argued that Near Eastern influence on Greek culture was largely confined to material culture,[33] admitted that Aphrodite was clearly of Phoenician origin.[33] The significant influence of Near Eastern culture on early Greek religion in general, and on the cult of Aphrodite in particular,[34] is now widely recognized as dating to a period of orientalization during the eighth century BC,[34] when archaic Greece was on the fringes of the Neo-Assyrian Empire.[35]

Indo-European dawn goddess

Some early comparative mythologists opposed to the idea of a Near Eastern origin argued that Aphrodite originated as an aspect of the Greek dawn goddess Eos[36][37] and that she was therefore ultimately derived from the Proto-Indo-European dawn goddess *H[SUB]a[/SUB]éusōs (properly Greek Eos, Latin Aurora, Sanskrit Ushas).[36][37] Most modern scholars have now rejected the notion of a purely Indo-European Aphrodite,[6][13][14][38] but it is possible that Aphrodite, originally a Semitic deity, may have been influenced by the Indo-European dawn goddess.[38]
As you can read, your theory of "sea-foam" is considered an folk etymology and is rejected by scholars. For this reason, until you have not an credible source to support your theory stop repeating it because is considerd spamming. We all know that history and linguistics are not your strong point. Maybe you are an expert in genetics but i can not give an opinion about this.
From the other side you can see that there are many scholars who support the theory that Aphrodite is a dawn goddess influenced by the Indo-European dawn goddess.
Now let`s make some conclusions:
1) Aphrodite was not originally a Greek goddess.
2) The etymology of the name Aphrodite can not be explained through the greek language.
3) Aphrodite was a goddess identified with morning star, read Astarte and Venus.
4) In the Albanian language is known and called in both forms Aferdita and even in the original form, Afrodita. In both forms afer and afro is basically the same, meanwhile dite-a is day. And it`s a compound.

From the Albanian-Albanian dictionary:
afer:
2. Përdoret me një emër në rasën rrjedhore, që tregon kohën pak çaste para së cilës kryhet një veprim, ndaj. Afër mbrëmjes (mëngjesit).
Gg translation:
2. showing the time a few moments before which an action is taken, ie. Near the evening (morning).
afro-i:
5. Afroi nata (dimri). Afroi shiu. Afroi dita e nisjes. Afroi dielli në të perënduar.
Gg translation:
5. Night (winter) is approaching. Rain is approaching. The day of departure is approaching. The sun is approaching at sunset.
Source:
http://www.fjalorshqip.com/
Now, you can consider all these only coincidences and i will agree with you, but if you tell to an English speaker that there is an goddess of the dawn identified in all cultures with the morning star with the name AlmostDay, what he/she will say?

Last edited:
OHH

What we have here?
Global conspiracy against Albanian Language?
and is so effective!!

Goebels would envy it!!!

For your info
ΔΗΛΟΣ is a totally Greek word
which cognates through IE with Albanian Dielli
since have common IE roote
Δηλος
Homeric Δεελος Deelos as I post before via Kratinos we know ee=η
means to reveal, to bring in light,
virb δηλω (-νω)
δηλωσις αδηλωτος

FROM IE *dyew

once again you took IE words and tell us that Albanian is mother language of Greek and generally IEan languages,
or ancient Greeks spoke Albanian !!!!!
characteristic Pseudoscience

Homer did not spoke Albanian
homer spoke early Greek
the coincidence of both being IE does not mean Albanian is mother of IE languages

Δηλος Delos from Hmrc ΔΕΕΛΟΣ
Doric Δαλος
the island were Lato make a Δηλος an Οmnos when brought to light God Apollon

From IE *dyew, right? Isn't this the same root which would have given "sun" in English, or "sol" in Latin, since they have a common mother language?
Part 2

since they are destroyed were you found this?
and why is just this?
and not the whole view,
it could say more than you claim

another tricky post for impressions?

I don't know. First this image was brought at "Macedoniaontheweb" forum, by a Greek guy, who was pretending this artifact was found in South -Albania, belonged to the 4th century BCE, and according him, is a clear evidence, that ancient Epirotes, were speaking and writing in Greek. Apparently he hadn't had any knowledge of Albanian language, and found himself embarrassed after every Albanian speaker pointed out, this inscription is in Albanian. We never heard from him anymore, but the image itself, was downloaded by many people, and you can easily find after a google search, typing: dielli o ata.
To be honest with you, I believe this artifact doesn't belong to 4th century BCE, but a recent time, probably after 10th CE, because I find hard to believe, they were using double l, in this old times. But still, 'ata' is an old obsolete form of the Albanian term at=father, which creates a paradox combined with the presence of double l. Also, you might be right, this looks like just a portion of the inscription, two words, it's not complete warranty that the whole inscription is in Albanian. Beside this, I don't expect any inscription in Albanian anyway.

(1)Ok let's see why is this a falcification

(2)True but let's not jump to the conclusion about her name meaning yet

(3)or the light-bringer

(4)It's not? Let's have a look at the following sentence

(5)So, Aphrodite=Venus, beautiful

(6) So the Modern Greeks, forgot that Venus was Eosphoros, but strangely felt the need to translate her as Aphrodite, who was Aphrodite(Venus) in the first place, according yourself nr(5)

What? There is no logic continuation in the favor of what you are trying to prove. It's exactly the opposite that you just confirmed. Zeus10 has nothing to do with this coherence on every aspect.

Oh well, nothing new here. I am the bad guy here, therefore everything I say has to be false.

Sure, but still the translation of Aphrodite in Albanian is Afërditë.

And again you play the same game

SCYTHOPOLIS
CODEX THEODOSIANUS
LAWS AGAINST PAGANISM
ETC ETC

AFTER 313 AD A BIG HOLOCAUST WAS DONE BY CHURCH AND EMPERORS
AGAINST GREEKS AND GENERALLY PAGANS

THE FORCED CHANGED OF RELIGION MAKE A LOT OF CHANGES

CALLING PLANET VENUS EOSFOROS=LUCIFER MENT CERTAIN DEATH\
CALLING YOUR SHELF GREEK MENT PAGAN
ETC ETC

THAT IS WHY UNTIL ABOUT 1700 AD WE CALLED OUR SHELVES ROMIOI RUMS RUMELUKS RUMELI
THAT IS WHY PLANET VENUS IN MODERN GREEK IS ΑΥΓΕΡΙΝΟΣ AUGERINOS
cause who would dare to say the planet, Eosforos=Lucifer
Eosforos in the Christian Bible is the name of the Devil, LUCIFER
Christians would burn him as pagan

FOR YOUR INFO
GREEK NAME OF PLANET VENUS IS EOSFOROS
MODERN GREEK NAME IS ΑΥΓΕΡΙΝΟΣ a CHANGE DUE TO CHRISTIAN CHURCH
PLANET NAME AFRODITE IS A TRANSLATION OF ROMAN VENUS
WHO NAMED SUCH THE PLANET.

ACCEPT IT,
BE A MAN ONCE

IGNORANCE OF LINGUISTICS
IGNORANCE OF HISTORY
IS NOT AN EXCUSION FOR FALSICATION BOTH LINGUISTIC AND HISTORICAL SCIENCE

Until 313 It is said that Pagan Emperrors slain Christians at the Arenas
After 313 Christian Slain Greeks and Pagans,
Julian the Apostate was murdered for some Historians by a bishop's servant
Even at 10Th Century we have hunt of pagans and Greeks

Scythopolis, Beit She'an, is a place worst than Auswitch at 363 AD

Σωζομενος, Μαρκελινος and other describe the massacres
in fact Σωζομενος work is know from early East Roman scholars that changed by church foundamentals
yet some pass unoticed,

So Keep the 'good' work with your method

Keep producing Pseudoscience.

or at Least READ CODEX THEODOSIANUS
to understand why Greeks changed their name to Rumioi
a name that even Albanians carry it even after the great Schisma
and Romanians carry it until today.

AT LEAST READ THESE
especially the last

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christianity_and_Paganism

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Persecution_of_pagans_in_the_late_Roman_Empire

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Decline_of_Greco-Roman_polytheism

http://www.badnewsaboutchristianity.com/gbb_heathens.htm

http://churchandstate.org.uk/2016/06/christian-atrocities-three-centuries-of-pagan-persecution/

officially the last Greek nobles were at Lakonia at 804-950
unofficially were hiden under the mask of cross and Roman citizen
cause even today some pagan fests continue to exist, HIDDEN,
the last Free pagans were Slavs and Balts
Balts are the latest Europeans who felt to christianity
if somewhere North of them in Lappilands or North cape exist some i do not know.

Now in such a hunt which would dare to call planet with its Greek name meaning Lucifer!!!!!!!

I wonder what they teach you at School !!!!
or better which school you finished?
CAUSE IN ALL SCHOOLS OF THE WORLD
THESE ARE KNOWN AND TEACHED!!!!

I wonder what else you will tell us with your method

in previous you told us that Baltic is due to Romano-Catholic church
while Baltic is one of the oldest IE languages and are christians only 6 centuries
comparing the European South which might be 19 centuries at least.

DEDICATED TO YOU
NOT EOSFOROS NEITHER AFRODITE NEITHER VENUS NEITHER AFERDITA
BUT ΑΥΓΕΡΙΝΟΣ IS GETTING MARRIED
beacause have a feeling that you are connected with peloponesos

<strong>

AT LEAST NOTICE THIS
WANTED OR NOT
MORNING STAR IN GREEK WAS A MALE ΕΩΣΦΟΡΟΣ
AND IS A MALE EVEN TODAY ΑΥΓΕΡΙΝΟΣ
so why planet is female?
Due to Roman Venus is the answer,

SO Simple,
not global conspiracy against Albanian language
not theories about allien gods
not strange linguistic methods

@Lab
Thanks for your answer, even if it amazed me a bit.
I 'm trying to find some simple explanations to prove the fragility of your argumentations, as you are so faithfull in your constructions and the Zeus ones:
bit by bit: a beginning
the names of the visible body parts in albanian are not all of them beginning with the sign K, even if you can argue some evolution occurred in the meaning of words and some primary words were lost, as we know it occurs for some.
K = idéogram? But ideograms as a rule can be understood by persons speaking different languages if they know the symbolic system; it does not give these ideograms a phonetic value, for I think.
So if K is so present in nouns concerning the body (a hazard according to me) it has also in albanian a phonetic value; the only way to build a theory about it would be to say that this K is the beginning of a syllabe (been a lexeme) which evocated the body and served as prefix to other lexemes more precise... theory I don't agree with, to date, you can be sure...
concerning the great cultures and their languages compared to smaller ones, I can assure you I have no prejudice; my "religion" is that the "great" countries are the grouping of the biggest number of vanquished little countries, the victory becoming more and more easy with the adhesion of earlier enemies or say "challengers". Their languages become richer as they develop their culture and imperialism, and very often spite of this, they borrow words from the defeated cultures; but at the end, it's their changing languages which influence the little nations ones which very often borrow under another form and with a nuanced meaning some words of theirs along with words from other defeated languages digested by the "great" cultures (today Frenchies are swallowing a huge amount of american english words of FRENCH (norman-angevine) origin!!!
To say that if ancient Albanian had given some words to Latin (surely few) Latin had surely given more numerous words to Albanian, genuine Latin words or loanwords borrwoed by Latin to others.

And again you play the same game

SCYTHOPOLIS
CODEX THEODOSIANUS
LAWS AGAINST PAGANISM
ETC ETC

AFTER 313 AD A BIG HOLOCAUST WAS DONE BY CHURCH AND EMPERORS
AGAINST GREEKS AND GENERALLY PAGANS

THE FORCED CHANGED OF RELIGION MAKE A LOT OF CHANGES

CALLING PLANET VENUS EOSFOROS=LUCIFER MENT CERTAIN DEATH\
CALLING YOUR SHELF GREEK MENT PAGAN
ETC ETC

THAT IS WHY UNTIL ABOUT 1700 AD WE CALLED OUR SHELVES ROMIOI RUMS RUMELUKS RUMELI
THAT IS WHY PLANET VENUS IN MODERN GREEK IS ΑΥΓΕΡΙΝΟΣ AUGERINOS
cause who would dare to say the planet, Eosforos=Lucifer
Eosforos in the Christian Bible is the name of the Devil, LUCIFER
Christians would burn him as pagan

FOR YOUR INFO
GREEK NAME OF PLANET VENUS IS EOSFOROS
MODERN GREEK NAME IS ΑΥΓΕΡΙΝΟΣ a CHANGE DUE TO CHRISTIAN CHURCH
PLANET NAME AFRODITE IS A TRANSLATION OF ROMAN VENUS
WHO NAMED SUCH THE PLANET.

ACCEPT IT,
BE A MAN ONCE

IGNORANCE OF LINGUISTICS
IGNORANCE OF HISTORY
IS NOT AN EXCUSION FOR FALSICATION BOTH LINGUISTIC AND HISTORICAL SCIENCE

Until 313 It is said that Pagan Emperrors slain Christians at the Arenas
After 313 Christian Slain Greeks and Pagans,
Julian the Apostate was murdered for some Historians by a bishop's servant
Even at 10Th Century we have hunt of pagans and Greeks

Scythopolis, Beit She'an, is a place worst than Auswitch at 363 AD

Σωζομενος, Μαρκελινος and other describe the massacres
in fact Σωζομενος work is know from early East Roman scholars that changed by church foundamentals
yet some pass unoticed,

So Keep the 'good' work with your method

Keep producing Pseudoscience.

or at Least READ CODEX THEODOSIANUS
to understand why Greeks changed their name to Rumioi
a name that even Albanians carry it even after the great Schisma
and Romanians carry it until today.

Yetos, this is irrelevant on every aspect, to what we are talking here. But since you brought this issue, I will give you an answer. Yes it's true that every citizen in Eastern Roman Empire was named Rumioi after this general name. But it is a significant difference between "Greeks" and "Albanians". The "Greeks" didn't have any other identity beside that "Rumioi", meanwhile Albanians preserved their ethnic identity under Arber-Arberia (endonym) and Arbon, Epirots, Epirus(exonyms) just to mention few. The real question is: who was killing the "Greeks", the Rumioi(which is the national label of the Greeks themselves)? Do you see a paradox here? Even if we assume that the Hellenes(let's compromise about their name), were an ethno-culture, in the first place(which is not true), after 313 they entirely transformed to a religious corpora, with no ethnic ties, and culturally very different from Hellenes on every aspect. Even linguistically, I have serious doubt, they were speaking the Hellenic language. The Greek we know today, in every form, even that Homeric, is a Roman language, not Hellenic. By saying this I don't exclude the possibility, that Roman and Hellenic, are in essence the same, but is very hard to distinguish which is what in this cultural mishmash.

@Lab
Thanks for your answer, even if it amazed me a bit.
I 'm trying to find some simple explanations to prove the fragility of your argumentations, as you are so faithfull in your constructions and the Zeus ones:
bit by bit: a beginning
the names of the visible body parts in albanian are not all of them beginning with the sign K, even if you can argue some evolution occurred in the meaning of words and some primary words were lost, as we know it occurs for some.
K = idéogram? But ideograms as a rule can be understood by persons speaking different languages if they know the symbolic system; it does not give these ideograms a phonetic value, for I think.
So if K is so present in nouns concerning the body (a hazard according to me) it has also in albanian a phonetic value; the only way to build a theory about it would be to say that this K is the beginning of a syllabe (been a lexeme) which evocated the body and served as prefix to other lexemes more precise... theory I don't agree with, to date, you can be sure...
concerning the great cultures and their languages compared to smaller ones, I can assure you I have no prejudice; my "religion" is that the "great" countries are the grouping of the biggest number of vanquished little countries, the victory becoming more and more easy with the adhesion of earlier enemies or say "challengers". Their languages become richer as they develop their culture and imperialism, and very often spite of this, they borrow words from the defeated cultures; but at the end, it's their changing languages which influence the little nations ones which very often borrow under another form and with a nuanced meaning some words of theirs along with words from other defeated languages digested by the "great" cultures (today Frenchies are swallowing a huge amount of american english words of FRENCH (norman-angevine) origin!!!
To say that if ancient Albanian had given some words to Latin (surely few) Latin had surely given more numerous words to Albanian, genuine Latin words or loanwords borrwoed by Latin to others.

I will focus, only on the last sentence of yours, which I believe is the essence of what you are saying. On one hand there is no doubt, Albanian has borrowed from Latin a great number of loans, there is no debate about this. On the other hand Latin appears a cultivated language to me. It wasn't forged in the family hearth, but created for religious purposes. So it has been a created language, in the first place, in need to create a dictionary from surrounding vernacular language, and if it was Albanian one of them(I am certain about this) would have been used a little bit more than just a handful of words from Albanian as a contributor. It's been this dictionary after originally Albanian, which recycled developed words in Albanian itself, when the Latin grew to became powerful to impose terminology toward other languages.

Yetos, this is irrelevant on every aspect, to what we are talking here. But since you brought this issue, I will give you an answer. Yes it's true that every citizen in Eastern Roman Empire was named Rumioi after this general name. But it is a significant difference between "Greeks" and "Albanians". The "Greeks" didn't have any other identity beside that "Rumioi", meanwhile Albanians preserved their ethnic identity under Arber-Arberia (endonym) and Arbon, Epirots, Epirus(exonyms) just to mention few. The real question is: who was killing the "Greeks", the Rumioi(which is the national label of the Greeks themselves)? Do you see a paradox here? Even if we assume that the Hellenes(let's compromise about their name), were an ethno-culture, in the first place(which is not true), after 313 they entirely transformed to a religious corpora, with no ethnic ties, and culturally very different from Hellenes on every aspect. Even linguistically, I have serious doubt, they were speaking the Hellenic language. The Greek we know today, in every form, even that Homeric, is a Roman language, not Hellenic. By saying this I don't exclude the possibility, that Roman and Hellenic, are in essence the same, but is very hard to distinguish which is what in this cultural mishmash.

And again you are wrong

At that era at Balkans were Only Romioi And Slavs
Romioi were not the Greeks, but also Aromanians and others

Romios = Christian of East Roman empire speaking either greek, either Latin either whatever

Arber and Demetrios is far long is far far away the times of crusades
when also started the the revive of Greek consiousness,
slowly getting rid off the Roman
4rth Crusade is a catalystic happening to that,

Afër is not some archaic dead word that is being used here for an agenda, its a word as common as "the" that is used everyday in Albanian.
For example here is a pop mainstream song called "Near and Far":.

Hmm, then if this word is a modern used still used in the 21st century spoken Albanian we have a problem... because a word like Aphrodite definitely comes from a very ancient root several milennia ago, so there is a serious flaw in the method if you resort to using words from a modern language to establish the roots of an ancient word, when we all know that languages change naturally (and it is simply unavoidable that they change and evolve through the time, unless they are dead languages preserved only in written documents). Now, if we all manage to - and hopefully we can - establish the probable sound forms of the ancient, ancestral word that thousands of years later became "afër", we'll have a much more plausible and logically solid explanation to the origins of that word "Aphrodite". You simply can't "play" with etymologies using roots and words that are 3,000 or even 4,000 years apart from the word we're analyzing.

I agree with you, alphabets are developed separately from languages.
But think of this for a while.. the word 'coxa' and all other words above --and not only--
are written with *C but still pronounced with the sound *K as they're in Albanian.

The borrowing it's regular and definitely Latin has borrowed from Albanian and not the opposite, it's not about any complicated sound rules or something like that,
it is so simple to understand that you don't have to be a linguist,
Root words of Albanian are created by 1 or 2 vowels and 1 or 2 consonants, and their derivatives words are grouped in accordance with the root word

Oh, really? If I were you I'd be wary of explanations about the past, especially about relationhips between very ancient languages, that look too simple and too straightforward and so enticingly understandable even by the most amateur person without any knowledge of linguistics and of the phonological evolution of those ancient languages. In general, those simple explanations don't resist even the most perfunctory criticism by a skeptical expert.

By the way, wasn't the root err-? The phoneme -rr (a trill "r", I suppose) is definitely not the same as a simple tap/flap r-, so how can you derive Erebus from Errebus? Do you have any evidence that Greeks or at least the speakes of Homeric Greek couldn't pronounce the trilled rr- and so they made a regular, consistent change from [v]rr- into [v]r- as in "Erebus"? I hope you do. Or are sound rules and systematic changes unnecessary, perhaps even nonexistant in languages? It's intriguing that the "method" you devised seems to assume that the speakers of a language simply decide to change this sound to that other sound in this word, but not in those other words in the very same situation, or that they just decide to drop this or that sound whimsically.

It's all too convenient for you, because if you need any word whatsoever to fit into your hypotheses you just "make up" a sound change, a drop of a cononant or vowel, or even simply a so-called "reinforcement affix" out of the blue in order to make the word forcibly confirm what you want it to indicate, regardless of whether there are many other words where the very same process also happened regularly. Twist and shake the word to say exactly what you want it to say: t's the "perfect" method for those who want to prove that they are right much more than to find the actual truth. And if ultimately the word ends up being just similar, not the word you'd expect if the root had really been the one you propose, then you can just say it's a "later evolution" of the word without any solidly demonstrated motivation that also happened in the same way in other words (err > erebus; err > terror).

There are sooooo many such inconsistencies in your and Zeus' completely ad hoc explanations that I can't even waste my time pointing all of them out (i.e. you first make the hypothesis and then search for possible words that confirm it, not the contrary, which would be scientifically more logical and reliable)

Hmm, then if this word is a modern used still used in the 21st century spoken Albanian we have a problem... because a word like Aphrodite definitely comes from a very ancient root several milennia ago, so there is a serious flaw in the method if you resort to using words from a modern language to establish the roots of an ancient word, when we all know that languages change naturally (and it is simply unavoidable that they change and evolve through the time, unless they are dead languages preserved only in written documents). Now, if we all manage to - and hopefully we can - establish the probable sound forms of the ancient, ancestral word that thousands of years later became "afër", we'll have a much more plausible and logically solid explanation to the origins of that word "Aphrodite". You simply can't "play" with etymologies using roots and words that are 3,000 or even 4,000 years apart from the word we're analyzing.
I really appreciate the fact that someone from so far(you are from Brasil, right?) is so much interested on the Albanian language. From the conversation we had together and from your posts i can make a logical deduction that you do not speak the Albanian language. And it's normal. How many people in Brasil know about the existence of an small country in Balkans named Albania and how many brasilian people can speak this unique language of this small country? Almost zero, except your former President Lula who has been trained for some time here in Albania by his Albanian comrades during the communist regime and probably few other people.
Since you don't speak the Albanian language, i would like to ask you a couple of questions:
How many books have you read about the history of Albania and the Albanians and which was the last one?
How many books have you read about the Albanian language and again, which was the last one?

So basically you are saying this: Since a language is expected to change, and since the word 'afër' or 'ditë', are still in use in their unchanged shape, and because of this language evolution we expect every single word to appear different, but they don't, then the whole theory is false. To reason like this, is the most irrational way of thinking, because first of all not every word, should necessary change with the time elapsing, and secondly we are comparing two words in two different times, and everybody can notice that at least graphically 'aphrodite' dhe 'afërditë' are slightly different, but at the same time everybody sense these words must have the same meaning. Then the undeniable coherence on every aspect leaves little room for debate.

Deus as in Deus Vult is almost identical to the *Di̯ēus, the name of the Proto-Indo-European god of the daytime sky, also called *Dyeus ph2tēr ("Sky Father").

Dios Mio! 6000 years old and such little variation.

Oh, really? If I were you I'd be wary of explanations about the past, especially about relationhips between very ancient languages, that look too simple and too straightforward and so enticingly understandable even by the most amateur person without any knowledge of linguistics and of the phonological evolution of those ancient languages. In general, those simple explanations don't resist even the most perfunctory criticism by a skeptical expert.
So now you are suggesting that because my explanation are simple and straightforward to the point, they must be wrong, while a person in the right mind would think exactly the opposite. Let see what you pick to prove your point...
By the way, wasn't the root err-? The phoneme -rr (a trill "r", I suppose) is definitely not the same as a simple tap/flap r-, so how can you derive Erebus from Errebus? Do you have any evidence that Greeks or at least the speakes of Homeric Greek couldn't pronounce the trilled rr- and so they made a regular, consistent change from [v]rr- into [v]r- as in "Erebus"? I hope you do. Or are sound rules and systematic changes unnecessary, perhaps even nonexistant in languages? It's intriguing that the "method" you devised seems to assume that the speakers of a language simply decide to change this sound to that other sound in this word, but not in those other words in the very same situation, or that they just decide to drop this or that sound whimsically.
Gentleman, I assure you that double /rr/ is still a /r/ sound. The only difference is that regular /r/ is soft while /rr/ is a strong pronunciation of /r/ . If we find the verb 'err' (dark) in Albanian, different from the Greek 'er'-e-bus or 'er'-e-mnos , because of this double /rr/, this yes must be considered a phonetic evolution because of time(although we don't know this for certain, because this might be just a writing difference in two different languages, in two different times).
It's all too convenient for you, because if you need any word whatsoever to fit into your hypotheses you just "make up" a sound change, a drop of a cononant or vowel, or even simply a so-called "reinforcement affix" out of the blue in order to make the word forcibly confirm what you want it to indicate, regardless of whether there are many other words where the very same process also happened regularly. Twist and shake the word to say exactly what you want it to say: t's the "perfect" method for those who want to prove that they are right much more than to find the actual truth. And if ultimately the word ends up being just similar, not the word you'd expect if the root had really been the one you propose, then you can just say it's a "later evolution" of the word without any solidly demonstrated motivation that also happened in the same way in other words (err > erebus; err > terror).
Well honestly, I don't expect you to understand that in Albanian the word 'terr'(darkness) as a noun, comes from the verb 'err'(get dark), and the word sterr-ë(pitch black) derives from terr(black, darkness), and the initial /s/ is exactly what it is: a meaning reinforcement affix from terr=dark to sterr=very dark. Preposition /affixes are very common in every language, and especially in Albanian. They play a role in the word meaning, depending on what sound/letter we use it to alter a word meaning, for example:
n-gul(thrust)-------- sh-kul(remove)
n-grij(freeze)--------sh-krij(melt)
n-greh(charge)-------sh-kreh(discharge)
n---->reinforcement affix
sh----> privative affix
g-->k obeys Grim's Law
duk(appear)-----zh-duk(dissapear)
bej(make)------zh-bej(undo)
zh---> just privative
There are sooooo many such inconsistencies in your and Zeus' completely ad hoc explanations that I can't even waste my time pointing all of them out (i.e. you first make the hypothesis and then search for possible words that confirm it, not the contrary, which would be scientifically more logical and reliable)
Please don't, because you would have wasted our time.

Last edited:
Well honestly, I don't expect you to understand that in Albanian the word 'terr'(darkness) as a noun, comes from the verb 'err'(get dark)
How exactly terr comes from err and do you stand firm the ground aster is albanian not-dark?

Status
Not open for further replies.

This thread has been viewed 91788 times.

Back