Where does the Albanian language come from? [VIDEO]

George Merula:
The Siege of Shkodra

The Italian humanist and historian George Merula (1430-1494), also known as Georgius Merula Alexandrinus or Giorgio Merlano di Negro, was born in Alessandria in northern Italy. He studied in Milan under Francesco Filelfo in 1444-1446 and later in Rome, Padua and Mantua. From 1465-1482, he was professor of rhetoric in Venice. Invited back to Lombardy by Ludovico il Moro of the powerful Sforza dynasty, he taught in Padua (1483-1485) and finally at the Accademia in Milan (1485-1494). Aside from his editions and commentaries of many Roman authors, Merula is the author of a moving description of the Turkish siege of Shkodra (Bellum Scodrense), composed in Latin in September 1474. The fortress of Shkodra finally fell to the Ottoman Turks in January 1479.
The local people call the town Shkodra in their language and the language of their forefathers, whereas the Italians have now given it a new foreign name, Scutari.
Source:http://www.albanianhistory.net/1474_Merula/index.html
attachment.php

attachment.php

View attachment 13732
View attachment 13733
Source: http://real-r.mtak.hu/161/

a history
Giorgio father Negrin Merlano went to Veniceand took his young son Giorgio very early to Venice, after Venice took East-Lombardy from the milanese circa 1430 ..............he did not see a future staying in venetian owned Bergamo, Brescia or Cremona as they where once under Milan

Nowhere does Matzinger say hkadra, that is torzio's misreading.

Matzinger has given the form it should have in Albanian if this was an inherited toponym from the pre-roman era: *Hádër
What about Gjader placename? Gjader being very similar to Hader, as expected by Matzinger. Illyrian population shifting at some point in another area 15 km south of the original Scodrion, and later on the place is repopulated with romans. After 2000 years we have two names of the same origin in just 15 km distance.

Let's give to Gjader the importance that it might have :)

This was posted by rrenjet twitter account.

Fl-h92fWQA8fJ3g

Quick statistical observations. I-Y3120 to R-M417 ratio is 2.57 for Kosovo Serbs, and 2.6667 for Kosovo Albs. E-V13 to R-M269 ratio is 1.416667 for both Albs and Serbs in Kosovo. This points to paleo-Balkan haplogroups among Kosovo Serbs coming from Albanians and the Slavic layer among Kosovo Albanians being transmitted through Slavs of Kosovo or those Slavs being the same as the Kosovo group.

The odd member is J2b-L283 which is excessively low among the Serbs of Kosovo, as it is extremely low among the Serbs of Montenegro. It is not a odd pattern, if one understands why.

What about Gjader placename? Gjader being very similar to Hader, as expected by Matzinger. Illyrian population shifting at some point in another area 15 km south of the original Scodrion, and later on the place is repopulated with romans. After 2000 years we have two names of the same origin in just 15 km distance.

Let's give to Gjader the importance that it might have :)

do you mean Scardona ? ..............where is Scodrion ?....I can not find it

The odd member is J2b-L283 which is excessively low among the Serbs of Kosovo, as it is extremely low among the Serbs of Montenegro. It is not a odd pattern, if one understands why.

What's the explanation?it had a boom later in Albanians?

Ali Bajga Janines. Servili osmanve. Trim i pa par, humbi po thuaj cdo beteje. Turku ja beri koken, turku ja mori koken.

E morët vesh ore njerëz? I shikoni minoritetet, këtë çobanin dhe atë ashkaliun nga Kosova? Këta janë vendas, ne jemi të ardhur. I morët veshë teoritë me Matzinger? Ja lexojini edhe njëherë dhe mos thoni pastaj që nuk e dinim.
They were originally Latin speakers, Romanized Illyrians, a sedentary population in northern Albania that was eventually absorbed/assimilated into Albanian. Their distribution conforms with the Kruja-Komani culture.

https://www.eupedia.com/forum/threa...m-VIDEO/page27?p=638454&viewfull=1#post638454
https://www.eupedia.com/forum/threa...m-VIDEO/page37?p=639191&viewfull=1#post639191

E morët vesh ore njerëz? I shikoni minoritetet, këtë çobanin dhe atë ashkaliun nga Kosova? Këta janë vendas, ne jemi të ardhur. I morët veshë teoritë me Matzinger? Ja lexojini edhe njëherë dhe mos thoni pastaj që nuk e dinim.

Aromunet nuk jan njesoj si Dalmatet, o shpellar, kto tema sjan per ty. Coje bythen e grisur ne nje vend qe takon.

Aliu ju vinte mbas avazit juve, apo harrove?

Aliu humbi po thuaj cdo betej ne lufte. Sulmoj ca fshatra kaur ne pabefsi, edhe Myslimanet e Gardiqit njesoj, trimi me i madh. Mundi 300 trupa francez ne Prevez, treqind (kjo eshte qesharak) ky eshte Bonaparti bythgrisurve. E coptoj Shqiperin e jugut, ja prishi autonomin, dhe e futit ne xhepin e Sulltanit, ne sistemin millet njesoj si krahinat Grek e Sllav. Ahamdulila. Me ket emer mburesh, nje "njeri" pabes, i qelbur dhe nje karier mesatar.

@Pashai i Janines, just ignore it, this type of absurd agenda has been exposed and debunked too many times. If there wasn't any aDNA which proves that J-L283 is Paleo-Balkan, he would be saying that it's Sardinian or Caucasian. This type of propaganda is so outdated.

Under J-L283, the biggest Albanian clade PH4679 has an inner Albanian diversity since its foundation in the Late Bronze Age and Albanians are represented on most major subclades. "Inner Albanian diversity since its foundation" means that a clade spread with the ancestors of Albanians since its foundation, which in this case is in the Late Bronze Age and probably a bit earlier than yfull predicts. PH4679 corresponds with Glasinac-Mati expansion and it obviously couldn't have "become" Albanian in the early middle ages.

https://www.yfull.com/tree/J-PH4679/

The idea that Albanians "assimilated" J-L283 is completely inconsistent with J-L283 phylogeny and diversity among Albanians. It's absurd to claim such a thing and it falls apart immediately.

They were originally Latin speakers, Romanized Illyrians, a sedentary population in northern Albania that was eventually absorbed/assimilated into Albanian. Their distribution conforms with the Kruja-Komani culture.

https://www.eupedia.com/forum/threa...m-VIDEO/page27?p=638454&viewfull=1#post638454
https://www.eupedia.com/forum/threa...m-VIDEO/page37?p=639191&viewfull=1#post639191

So if such is the case, you’re presupposing that Albanian came to the region sometime after 9th century.

This very much reminds me of the theories I have read on Serbian sites like poreklo. Where they theorize that Albanian was brought to Albania by Bulgarians in that time frame lol

Things are not that simple as some of you are making them appear here. Suggesting that we got our L283 linages from Roman speaking communities of Albania that were part of the Komani-Kruja culture is out there my friend. No need for an Albanian to push such an aggressive agenda, especially at this point. Chill out and wait for more data before you jump the gun.

So if such is the case, you’re presupposing that Albanian came to the region sometime after 9th century.

This very much reminds me of the theories I have read on Serbian sites like poreklo. Where they theorize that Albanian was brought to Albania by Bulgarians in that time frame lol

Things are not that simple as some of you are making them appear here. Suggesting that we got our L283 linages from Roman speaking communities of Albania that were part of the Komani-Kruja culture is out there my friend. No need for an Albanian to push such an aggressive agenda, especially at this point. Chill out and wait for more data before you jump the gun.

I have no problem with more data, I wish I can make things move faster in that regard. If the next batch of 100 ancient samples includes Kruja-Komani, it is guaranteed to be loaded with J2b-L283 and no E-V13(at best 7% ratio), certain Gheg PF7653 branches are more likely to appear among Kruja-Komani than E-V13. And yes I do converge with some of the members from poreklo, I don't see the issue. You probably speak their language so you are familiar with their conversations, through google translate I sense zero malice in their tone, it's impressive how cool headed the discussion is approached vs the manchildren one has to deal with here, throwing tantrums all over the place. I'm not referring to you obviously.

You can't ignore all these Montenegrin tribes of Albanian origin being exclusively R-Z2103 and E-V13. Albanians were also present in medieval Kosovo, yet Kosovo Serbs only have R-Z2103 and E-V13 as proof of this presence, J2b-L283 lacks this representation.

And since some Anthrogenica posters love my models. What is it with Thessalians scoring like Alb post-mdv, and why is this same ancestry picked up quite strongly in eastern Macedonians, where the Bessi culture used to reign?

FvA7Tx1.png

albanians would have got their L283 from migrating north-balkan people............migration was never from montenegro or Albania going north .......the only people who migrated in a northerly direction was the Greeks

The more common was migrating people from the north.....be these dalmatians, Japodes or pannonians or even central-european celts

is there any L283 in Afghanistan ???

Keep posting conspiracy theories, great job.

Paleo's "models" aren't even models. He just picks samples which fit his bias every time and tries to infer conclusions which are senseless.

Learn for once the basics before you post trash theories. Hoti one of the three major Albanian clans of Montenegro is J-L283. Saying that only Albanians have J-L283 in Montenegro but not Montenegrins is an argument for the opposite of what you're saying. If J-L283 was "Romanized", then it would be present in all Yugoslavs and wouldn't show up near exclusively with Albanians. For some weird reason, all the "romanized" J-L283 became Albanians, but not Slavs? It's another absurd claim from you.

The bottom line is that the major Albanian J-L283 clade spread via Albanians since the late Bronze Age and therefore can't have become Albanian in the 7th century. It would show the same phylogeny as late antiquity and medieval clades of Albanians under I2a and R1a. The phylogeny of clades which joined Albanians 1500 years ago has nothing in common with J-L283 phylogeny in Albanians which shows continuous presence across multiple clades, so just don't post trash theories.

Keep posting conspiracy theories, great job.

Brumi you can't even model. All you have is affirmative action treatment from your wikipedia /anthro moderators. You are a cripple. You and your inbred cousins in that forum are cowards. So much for the alleged tough malsor persona. You are pure pidh.

Paleo's "models" aren't even models. He just picks samples which fit his bias every time and tries to infer conclusions which are senseless.

You can't model how would you even know what I did. Are you complaining I left out the Albanians that pick south Thracian? I have 3 Alb Mac samples, 3 south-west (Eurogenes) and the post-Alb mdv without the Gorani woman. Explain my alleged "picks". Otherwise BTFO.

Learn for once the basics before you post trash theories. Hoti one of the three major Albanian clans of Montenegro is J-L283. Saying that only Albanians have J-L283 in Montenegro but not Montenegrins is an argument for the opposite of what you're saying. If J-L283 was "Romanized", then it would be present in all Yugoslavs and wouldn't show up near exclusively with Albanians. For some weird reason, all the "romanized" J-L283 became Albanians, but not Slavs? It's another absurd claim from you.

LMAO, you're a plain idiot. There lots of Montenegrin clans that are of Albanian origin, and they are always R-Z2103 and E-V13, clear Albanian ancestry, through historical record and Y-tree itself. But the patterns abruptly breaks with J2b-L283. It is well understood Albanians in the middle ages penetrated deep into Montenegro and yet somehow these clans forgot to bring J2b-L283 clansman with them? Lots of Albanian ancestry in Montenegrins but no J2b-L283. This is inconceivable, unless J2b-L283 = anasi = Kruja-Komani.

Contrary to you, your cousin Kelmendasi promised me there are plenty of Montengrin tribes that are J2b-L283, he pooped his pants since then, and has gone silent on the matter. Has failed to demonstrate his claim.

For some weird reason, all the "romanized" J-L283 became Albanians, but not Slavs?

Merciful E-V13 and R-Z2103 vs terminator I2a Slavs.

The bottom line is that the major Albanian J-L283 clade spread via Albanians since the late Bronze Age

LMAO, delusional, are your fanboys this gullible too? You guys get an erection out these childish dreams.

and therefore can't have become Albanian in the 7th century. It would show the same phylogeny as late antiquity and medieval clades of Albanians under I2a and R1a. The phylogeny of clades which joined Albanians 1500 years ago has nothing in common with J-L283 phylogeny in Albanians which shows continuous presence across multiple clades, so just don't post trash theories.

J2b is diverse because it's been in Albania since the BA, undisturbed untill 800 AD. Additionally it was not fully displaced by early Albs, so it retained much of it's diverse clades because that was in the package it came in. You have a similar situation in southern Albania with pockets of Slavic clades showing regional strongholds, especially near the linguistic frontier.
The real question is how much more diverse were the Kruja-Komani J2b-L283 clades, because there was not enough room for everyone to hang around once the ethnic make up changed.

This thread has been viewed 611554 times.

Back