Do you brush your teeth in the kitchen sink ?

Do you brush your teeth in the kitchen ?

• Always or very often ; I find it normal

Votes: 11 10.4%
  • I've done it, but it's not usual (or not in front of other people)

Votes: 35 33.0%
  • Never ! I find it disgusting !

Votes: 38 35.8%
  • Don't know, don't care, other...

Votes: 22 20.8%

• Total voters
This thread reminded me of this joke:

How do you know when you're staying in a Kentucky hotel?
When you call the front desk and say "I've got a leak in my sink," and the
person at the front desk says, "Go ahead."

:wave: :D :p :cool: :blush: :wave: :D :p :cool: :blush: :wave: :D :p :cool: :blush:

Feces in the kitchen is a nono, I dont think I would be using any of their dishes or sinks if I visited... Reminds me of a few americans that play the role of the "annoying neighbor"....

I don't have any problems with it. There's no food preparation taking place anywhere near the kitchen sink, and the only stuff that ever stands there are dirty dishes, so it's not an issue.

Feces in the kitchen is really seriously disturbing :relief:

thomas said:
I'm sometimes brushing my teeth in front of the PC, but never ever in the kitchen sink, lol.

are you on your p.c all the time :bravo:

I would never do it, its nasty

I used to brush in the shower, Kinda nice to get all your cleanin done at once. :)

However I am currently using one of those electric tooth brushes so ya.

In the Bathroom.

Yeah it is wierd to me that someone would want to make the extra trip and go in the kitchen to brush their teeth?

Well, if your bathroom and kitchen are fairly close to each other then what difference does it make?

I prefer the bathroom but I use the kitchen sink just as much. :wave:

Acutally, in terms of germ count, the kitchen has the bathroom beat by far... there has been research done in this area... I brush at the kitchen sink all the time... it's all of 5 feet from my bathroom sink... and I always seem to get socks on before I brush teeth, and after morning showers the floor to my bathroom floods, so brushing in at the bathroom sink would mean taking socks back off... it's a wierd vicious cycle... involving lack of foresight on my part.

chiquiliquis said:
Acutally, in terms of germ count, the kitchen has the bathroom beat by far... there has been research done in this area... I brush at the kitchen sink all the time.
I guess that is true...didn't think about it honestly. People usually concentrate more at cleaning the kitchen sink than the bathroom one..good point. :bravo:

Buddha Smoker said:
....People usually concentrate more at cleaning the kitchen sink than the bathroom one..good point. :bravo:

Yeah, I think it has to due with all the bacteria caused by raw foods. I read an article way back talking about which was more likely to be a "health" concern, bathroom or kitchen, and kitchen won out.

Perhaps that's why people spend more time concentrating on the kitchen to begin with... I dunno... But it's not like the kitchen is this holy sanctuary of cleanliness, where to brush one's teeth would be the blackest of sins... So long as you clean it regularly, to begin with, there's no need to get worked up about it.

...which reminds me... I should probably go clean something.

My two yen.    :souka:

chiquiliquis said:
...which reminds me... I should probably go clean something.

My two yen.    :souka:

What are you going clean? Hey send me an email when you get time.

I got a kick out of reading these answers. We (my family) brush our teeth in the kitchen quite often. The bathroom is upstairs, and seeing as how you just finished eating and are ready to leave, it just saves time. I don't find it disgusting, because I don't put food that I am about to eat into the sink anyway! :) But I would never put sh*t down in the kitchen sink! That was just terrible :shock:

What I find yuckier is storing toothbrushes by the toilet. If you ever flush with the lid up, the bacteria from the toilet enters the air and clings to the toothbrush bristles.

I store my toothbrushes in the next room, personally, and bring them over to the bathroom sink to brush my teeth.

nekosasori said:
What I find yuckier is storing toothbrushes by the toilet. If you ever flush with the lid up, the bacteria from the toilet enters the air and clings to the toothbrush bristles.

I store my toothbrushes in the next room, personally, and bring them over to the bathroom sink to brush my teeth.

In Japan (which I'm sure you know anyway) the bathroom and toilet are separate so no worries here...but the kitchen sink is still a pretty good place. :D

Buddha Smoker said:
In Japan (which I'm sure you know anyway) the bathroom and toilet are separate so no worries here...

Heh... speak for yourself, dude! :wave: Not all of us are so lucky.

nekosasori said:

Where did you hear this? I doubt that there would be bacteria from the toilet. It's constantly flushed and urine is a sterilizer besides.

Interesting, thanks. Still, I wonder how this "aerosol effect" really is at home. The article says he was studying public toilets which tend to be high-pressure flushing toilets, not like the slow-moving gravity toilets we have at home.

This thread has been viewed 78737 times.

Back