Do you brush your teeth in the kitchen sink ?

Do you brush your teeth in the kitchen ?

• Always or very often ; I find it normal

Votes: 11 10.4%
  • I've done it, but it's not usual (or not in front of other people)

Votes: 35 33.0%
  • Never ! I find it disgusting !

Votes: 38 35.8%
  • Don't know, don't care, other...

Votes: 22 20.8%

• Total voters
lexico said:
What you say reminds me, Pachipro, of the old fashined houses in Korea. They used to have a manual pump, and the washing of kitchen stuff, laundry, and personal washing were all done in this in this courtyard. We would use basins for washing the face, hands, hair, or even taking a bath. It's not a sink at all, and winter time was a painful time for washing in the outer cold.
Although I never experienced the manual pump thing, or having to wash outside, there was a basin in the kitchen sink that you were expected to wash your face and hands and brush your teeth while using. I'll explain that experience in a future post in the stories section when I was suddenly thrust into the Japanese culture quite by surprise. I was shocked when I witnessed my first wife's mother, and my wife herself, washing their hair in the kitchen sink!

And yes, it was a VERY painful experience in the wintertime, even in an old fashioned Japanese house, as there was no central heating in the house at all! Luckily I didn't have to wash outside. But using the toilet or being one of the first one up in the wintertime was very painful! I learned to "sleep in" until the house was significantly warmed by the kerosene heaters before I got out of the futon!

It was kind of difficult to get used to washing and brushing your teeth in front of the whole family though.

I do quite often brush my teeth in the kitchen but that's mainly because if i brush my theet in the bathroom and my little sister there aswell she usually starts talking to me :eek:kashii: and if i'm tired and in a bad mood, the last thing i need is my little sister annoying me. so if my sister is in the bathroom, i'll be in the kitchen and everybody will be happy:) cause there'll be no arguing between the two of us:hey:

I never noticed this thread before! What an odd topic... :souka:
I've never brushed my teeth in the kitchen sink... but I don't find it disgusting... I brush them in the bathroom simply because that's where I clean the rest of myself! :D Also I live alone so I don't have to worry about whether there is a queue to use the bathroom or someone else is in there or something... :)

Well, the kitchen isn't dirty, is it? And neither are your teeth when you have finished brushing them! So it's all good! ^^

Anyway, did you know that to avoid germs transferring themselfs, in the bath room, you are supposed to have your toothbrush 6 feet (I think it is... or maybe 10... but I'm pretty sure it's 6...) away from the toilet... eww... :sick: :(

I have brushed my teeth in the Kitchen sink once. It was the only working water at the time. But I do it in the bathroom. That's the personal hygene room.

Yeah, you're right kinsao. Just remember to shut the toilet lid before flushing it. Germs fly everywhere. I keep my tooth brush covered.

I don?ft brush my teeth in the kitchen sink, but I think I might have done it once because the bathroom?fs tap wasn?ft working.:hey:

What I find yuckier is storing toothbrushes by the toilet. If you ever flush with the lid up, the bacteria from the toilet enters the air and clings to the toothbrush bristles.

I store my toothbrushes in the next room, personally, and bring them over to the bathroom sink to brush my teeth.

Oh in France, the toilet and the bathroom are separated, but in Australia not necessarily.

No I never brush my teeth nor my hair in, at , nor over the kitchen sink. But I used to brush my head on the cabinet over the kitchen sink, so I removed it.

hee,hee....and I am really concerned about Kinsao san, I haven't heard from her these days, and she hasn't answered the PM I sent last week even....

You keep your head on a cabinet above the kitchen sink Mars Man?
Where do you store it now?
Im conjuring up some fascinating visuals. You take your head off... and store it there... then what? How can you see? Hmm really fascinating haha :silly:

I do. Once in a while especially when I'm in a hurry and someone beat me to the cr.

I don't brush where people are eating though or where people can see.

Sometimes, but only when the toilet was occupied.

This thread has been viewed 78771 times.

Back