Do you brush your teeth in the kitchen sink ?

Do you brush your teeth in the kitchen ?

• Always or very often ; I find it normal

Votes: 11 10.4%
  • I've done it, but it's not usual (or not in front of other people)

Votes: 35 33.0%
  • Never ! I find it disgusting !

Votes: 38 35.8%
  • Don't know, don't care, other...

Votes: 22 20.8%

• Total voters
Never done it.. seems a little weird to me.. lol

I wouldn`t do that, NEVER !!! because :

1- i`ts quite disgusting

2- I won`t feel comfortable for doing it

3- My mom would kill me if it happens and she saw me !!!

cheers^^

I've actually got a sink close to my PC. After breakfast (and not having to go to school) I first put on my PC, and brush my teeth. When I'm ready with brushing I can fill in my password.. :D What a life!

I never brush my teeth in the kitchen. Always in the bathroom. But when I lived in a dorm during uni ---I confess, I did sometimes.

60Yen said:
I first put on my PC
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

i'm sorry.. i just find the image of you putting on your PC insanely funny.
(it implies you're going to wear your PC when said like that)

TwistedMac said:
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

i'm sorry.. i just find the image of you putting on your PC insanely funny.
(it implies you're going to wear your PC when said like that)

It's the only outfit to brush your teeth in, evidently!! :D

Of course, the alternative is "turning on" the PC!! :p :D

(Sorry, I just couldn't resist!!)

I usually kneel in front of the toilet... (j/k)

Seriously, I, for one, find it rather disgusting to brush at the kitchen sink. I'm one of those that usually brush and shave in the shower...

I'm a brush-your-teeth-in-the-shower-girl, myself. Only because you can kill two birds with one stone. As for brushing in the kitchen sink, I'm afraid I wouldn't be able to; there's too many dishes in it and I'd probably end up spitting in one!!! :ramen: :gohan: :romance: :gulp: :beer:

-oh yeah, never put poop in the garbage disposal... :dunce:

It's not a usual practice but I admit I've done it before when the bathroom was not free and I was in a real haste. Better that than going out without brushing teeth or being late :eek:

The disgusting factor comes from how the person brushes his teeth. I guess if you are one of those who do lots of spittings and what-not other gluttural noises when brushing teeth, then it's absolutely disgusting to do that in the kitchen sink. :atchoo:

The only time that I have brushed my teeth in the kitchen sink is when I lived in places where the only sink was the one in the kitchen.

This is a burning issue because...?

No. It never occurred to me to brush my teeth in the kitchen sink. Nor do I brush my teeth in the garage. Or in the den.

Maybe this is something cultish? Did everyone in Waco brush their teeth in the kitchen sink? The same sink, at the same time?

Do you run to the bathroom in order to spit out into the toilet, or do you step out the back door and spit into the air shaft of your apartment building? I suppose if you are in the country, you can spit over the back fence into your neighbor's yard, but you cannot be offended if he spits back.

I'm sorry. I am having too much fun with this, but it does strike me a being a bit "exotic." Nevertheless, it is wise to be tolerant of different ways, so forget I mentioned it.

Qui tacet consentire videtur

What a very odd question. I wouldn't. It means coming downstairs and doing it so your neighbours can see you. Just think first thing in the morning and you see your neighbour brushing his/her teeth in the kitchen

I don't... Well, maybe if I'm in a hurry, I might run around the flat while brushing my teeth but I always go back to the bathroom in the end ;)

Another thing I find very very odd is brushing your teeth in the shower o_O! My sister used to do that but then she got an electronic toothbrush, she quit doing that :hihi:

What seems to be the hurry running around with a brush in the mouth ? I'd say that's dangerous if you have a fall or bump into the wall...

As for me, I would have been too proud to brush in the kitchen sink.
But having to share the only bathroom in the house, do I have a choice ?
Now once I realized that my behavior disgusted her, I took a liking to the idea just to annoy ! :evil:

And what's all the talk about girls not being supposed to use the bathroom at a bf's place, and never to brush the teeth there either ? Thye're going to hijack the bathroom later on anyway. Is it simply a way to play decent, or to hide the typical female territorial instinct ?

Maybe if I stored my toothbrush next to the kitchen sink? But what would the point be in that? Anyway I just brush when showering coz its korean style bathroom where you can shower and still spit in the sink :) You could even go to the toilet whilst showering if you really really wanted to.... so convenient :p

The Battle for the Bathroom Rages; if not the bathroom, give me the sink !

Someone said, a school should be based on 1) a dorm 2) a gym 3) a library 4) classrooms 4) teaching in this order.
I personally believe a family must be based on 1) a bathroom 2) kitchen 3) bedroom 4) living area in this order.

If not the bathroom, then it should be considered natural right to brush in the sink wihtout loss of dignity !!

I thought my parents were the only people in the world to brush their teeth in the kitchen. When I was little my Dad didn't trust the water in the bathroom where we lived for drinking (don't know why), so we had to brush in the kitchen. It has become a habit for them, but now my sister and I have our own houses we use the bathroom like normal people!

When I lived in Japan my apartment and most houses did not have a seperate room with a sink for brushing one's teeth so it, along with the washing of one's face, had to be done in the kitchen.

Here in the US and when I visit the in-laws in Japan, there is a seperate room for that.

What you say reminds me, Pachipro, of the old fashined houses in Korea. They used to have a manual pump, and the washing of kitchen stuff, laundry, and personal washing were all done in this in this courtyard. We would use basins for washing the face, hands, hair, or even taking a bath. It's not a sink at all, and winter time was a painful time for washing in the outer cold. :)

EDIT: Not to waste a post count...
Pachipro said:
It was kind of difficult to get used to washing and brushing your teeth in front of the whole family though.
I can imagine you feeling intimidated by the sudden exposure of your privacy.
But brushing your teeth in front of the household is bearable.
Did you ever have to bathe in the house rbrn for a quick shower in the summer after some heavy sweating in the heat ? :evil:

Last edited:

This thread has been viewed 78765 times.

Back