Albanian lexemes and their presence in the other languages

Status
Not open for further replies.
@totally agree with your post #59; my one was a polite joke just not to be too harsh. What you say is evident to any amateur after some comparisons between IE tongues lexicons.
Personally I think some group of consonnants (whatever the vowel contained in them) were basic ones in proto-IE (maybe in pre-IE) and had some basic and general abstract meanings - these groups were maybe the result of two syllabs like *cons-vow- + cons-vow- reduce to *cons-vow-cons-, I don't know; ATW it's very useful and allowed to everybody to make suggestions, after that we have to proove them, without to forget as you say that languages knew evolution in their phonetics; I practice this game of suppositions, but I know sometimes I 'm far from the truth - the pleasure is in the bet and after that in the verification of its value in scholars works when possible - surely not in professing false "truth" as someones do, maybe with sincerity.

Could you help a poor amateur to see where is your point about 'k' existing before 'c': are you not mixing orthographic signs with phonetic ones ? to me, even if the pronunciation can differ in the detail between the phonetic /k/ signs, the evolution of 'k' in 'c' is not by force a change in phonetic effect, but a scriptural but only a scriptural convention? BTW we don't know exactly what were the exact pronouncation of ancient signs.
C

Of course i can help.. apart from mentioning the interesting fact of many body parts starting with *K in Alb, my point is not written anywhere.. (i think) so i'm not sure if you'll take it seriously..but since you asked let's give it a go. :)

Fact: The Rosetta stone was deciphered by Jean Francois Champollion in 1822, he worked on the assumption that at least some of the symbols were phonetic, it turned out that hieroglyphs were a mix of ideograms and phonetic signs, thanks to him we can read Egyptian hieroglyphs today.

Based on the above i assume that the letters we use today derive from ancient symbols,ideograms,etc, that were used before the creation of the alphabets,
their phonetic value probably unknown but their shape it seems that is not random, at least some of them have carried the shape of the symbols which they derived from,
One of them could be letter *K , by having in mind the body parts in Alb we could assume that this letter must have been related with the human body and the shape of that.
And there is a symbol on the Phaistos disc which is a ''man walking'' or ''human body'' reminding us the shape of modern letter *K.

I'm not familiar with Latin, but *K existed in Etruscan.. and there were many scholars in the past who linked Etruscan with Albanian.. nothing is clear but too many coincidences for Albanian don't you think?

P.S Also there are more examples with other letters that can be related with ancient ideograms and symbols apart from *K, and that is thanks to the ''grouped'' words of Albanian.

Of course i can help.. apart from mentioning the interesting fact of many body parts starting with *K in Alb, my point is not written anywhere.. (i think) so i'm not sure if you'll take it seriously..but since you asked let's give it a go. :)

Fact: The Rosetta stone was deciphered by Jean Francois Champollion in 1822, he worked on the assumption that at least some of the symbols were phonetic, it turned out that hieroglyphs were a mix of ideograms and phonetic signs, thanks to him we can read Egyptian hieroglyphs today.

Based on the above i assume that the letters we use today derive from ancient symbols,ideograms,etc, that were used before the creation of the alphabets,
their phonetic value probably unknown but their shape it seems that is not random, at least some of them have carried the shape of the symbols which they derived from,
One of them could be letter *K , by having in mind the body parts in Alb we could assume that this letter must have been related with the human body and the shape of that.
And there is a symbol on the Phaistos disc which is a ''man walking'' or ''human body'' reminding us the shape of modern letter *K.

I'm not familiar with Latin, but *K existed in Etruscan.. and there were many scholars in the past who linked Etruscan with Albanian.. nothing is clear but too many coincidences for Albanian don't you think?

P.S Also there are more examples with other letters that can be related with ancient ideograms and symbols apart from *K, and that is thanks to the ''grouped'' words of Albanian.

The only problem with that hypothesis is that Albanian body parts would have very little to do with the original roots of the letter K since it like all the other consonants is just the derivation of the Phoenician alphabet which, by its turn, was partially inspired by earlier Egyptian written signs. But, of course, we perfectly know many documents written in Phoenician (Semitic language) and Egyptian (Afro-Asiatic Semitic languages), and therefore the comparisons and hypotheses for a supposed original ideogram that led to the letter K should involve Semitic and Egyptian language branches, not Albanian, even Old Albanian. Now I just hope you won't tell me that the alphabet was developed by the Albanians and eventually "stolen" by the Phoenicians and later the Greeks. Or maybe that Albanian is also the mother language of the Semitic family. lol

The letter S owes its shape to the Snake, the Serpent, that Silently Slithers in the graSS.

Britain was first settled by Albanians, hence its ancient name Albion. So was Scotland, the ancient Alba.

And 2+2=22 !

Come on, guys... No-one on this forum has any specific grudge against Albanians. Albanians are a great people. They have shown incredible resilience and resistance over the centuries, and deserve eveyone's unmitigated respect. Not every country can boast a Skanderbeg.

But you can't hope to be taken seriously when you propose a linguistic methodology any first-year student six weeks into linguistics would discard as ludicrous. Comparative linguistics is a demanding science, which requires extensive lexical corpora and unquestionable methods. Take a look at English phonology, for example : Grimm's Law, Verner's Law, the Great Vowel Shift... those patterns can be systematized to the entire language, with known and explicable exceptions. They leave little space for guesswork.

One can be proud of one's history and heritage, enjoy the beauties of one's language, without indulging in indefensible theories.

The only problem with that hypothesis is that Albanian body parts would have very little to do with the original roots of the letter K since it like all the other consonants is just the derivation of the Phoenician alphabet which, by its turn, was partially inspired by earlier Egyptian written signs. But, of course, we perfectly know many documents written in Phoenician (Semitic language) and Egyptian (Afro-Asiatic Semitic languages), and therefore the comparisons and hypotheses for a supposed original ideogram that led to the letter K should involve Semitic and Egyptian language branches, not Albanian, even Old Albanian. Now I just hope you won't tell me that the alphabet was developed by the Albanians and eventually "stolen" by the Phoenicians and later the Greeks. Or maybe that Albanian is also the mother language of the Semitic family. lol

And why do Albanian body parts have very little to do with the original roots? Do you really believe that Albanian sprung after 15th century? Or what exactly do you believe?

This group of words with relevant meaning starting with letter 'K' could be a reason to re-think what we have been told so far in regards with the ''borrowed'' words of Albanian from Latin, and start building the idea that maybe Latin has borrowed from Albanian, since there is a quite simple methodology to explain 'why' that might have occurred ''common sense''.
So far we have been imposed to believe that the more powerful a nation is today, the more glorious it's history and language and therefore it's influence to neighbouring countries must have been in the past. So If you are a linguist or you're familiar with Latin language could you please explain to me why Albanian has borrowed from Latin and not Latin from Albanian?
By doing this make sure you'll keep in mind the above words for body parts that for a strange reason start with a specific letter only in Albanian.

Besides.. It's not the only letter that seems to have derived from ideograms and symbols.. I would not have linked it if i was to rely only on 1 example..
There are many letters that can be explained by the same way, even more convincing ones.

P.S Albanians and Greeks until 20th century lived together all over modern Greece and fought the Turks together in 1821, so 3000 years ago we must be talking for the same people hence you can't say it was ''stolen''. The separatists of Albanians and Greeks were the monotheistic religions that spread in the Balkans the last 7-8 centuries. And these are not personal opinions

And why do Albanian body parts have very little to do with the original roots? Do you really believe that Albanian sprung after 15th century? Or what exactly do you believe?

Of course it didn't. Albanian isn't a special case, like all other living languages of the world the fact that it is not extinct means that, linguistically, it's the continuation of an unbroken chain of ever changing dialects since many thousands of years ago. Nothing surprising on that point. I was already extremely clear, I mean, literal in my previous answer on why Albanian has very little or nothing to do with the supposed original meaning root of the letter K. If you didn't read it, let me just copy and paste it for you because it is clear enough: "it [the letter K] like all the other consonants is just the derivation of the Phoenician alphabet which, by its turn, was partially inspired by earlier Egyptian written signs. But, of course, we perfectly know many documents written in Phoenician (Semitic language) and Egyptian (Afro-Asiatic Semitic languages), and therefore the comparisons and hypotheses for a supposed original ideogram that led to the letter K should involve Semitic and Egyptian language branches, not Albanian, even Old Albanian." Sorry to point it out again, but we have a sizeable corpus of documents and inscrptions to know what language the creators of the alphabet and other consonant-based scripts, from which we took the forms of our consonants, spoke. And those languages were not even Indo-European, let alone Old or Proto-Albanian. The hypothesis that there is a ke- root meaning generically "body part" may even apply to Albanian, but it is simply nonsense to claim that it is a universal root that has the same value and meaning in all language families, including Afro-Asiatic.

It's nonsense to suggest that there is a key-root for the letters which apply only in Albanian among all IE languages ,
but it's not nonsense to claim that 90% of the words of Albanian are borrowed from other IE languages and not vice-versa.
Only because history it has been written in favor of the nations with more money and bigger armies.

The root language is 1 and it must be distinct compared to the rest IE languages,
k > c , with *K as the root and *C it's evolution as depicted on the picture below
letter *K involves also ancient Greek so there you have something to wonder, why you're not getting taught that Latin borrowed from Albanian and Greek? Maybe you're getting taught only what you like to believe and not the truth which might be hard to cope.
Just saying..

upload multiple pictures

Nothing

Just something that i missunderstood

LAB

one question to you

Does the above you write is accepted by Albanian Univeristies?

simple answer YES or NO

I've never lived in Albania, i grew up and finished studies in Athens where i've heard all these stuff so i'm not sure what do universities of Albania accept.

I've never lived in Albania, i grew up and finished studies in Athens where i've heard all these stuff so i'm not sure what do universities of Albania accept.

So you tell me that these are accepted by Greek Universities?

SAID BUT TRUE

THE SUN IS NOT A STAR
Notice the center, Sun and 16 rays
wanted Dead or Alive
It is a Sun
search history why is sun and not a star
it is called ηλιακη Αλως
no need to say more, just observe it at its max, 45o ​horizon/sun angle,
No need to analyze with mathematics, 14 rays, 12 rays hmmmm
Do you know its Latin pagan world name?
If I enter and analyze to such,
WE ARE LEAVING SCIENCE, AND WE ENTERING OTHER FIELDS,
SO JUST NOTICE AND THEN FORGET IT.
JUST ACCEPT IT IS SUN, NOT A STAR.

Shouldn't be any debate, about the concept if the sun is a star or not and vice-versa, and not because the Modern Astronomy says so. What is common between the sun and a star, is the illu-mination concept. Now a concept or a thought is the immediate post-action in our brain, after our perceptive senses , in our case the sight, are affected by a phenomenon, in this case the sun and star significant ability to "re-le-ase li-ght". A thought is like a silent word, or a silent sentence "read" or "written" inside our brain. During their existence, different cultures (in our case "the Greeks") mastered to express and/or graphically convey these "read" and "written" "words" and "sentences", inside our brain, and they 'decided', to call it ἥλι(ος) or ἥέλι(ος)( in its archaic form-Homeric) which is strikingly identical to the second part "ielli" of the word Dielli=sun in Albanian. Semantically the word Di-ielli, means "the day star" in Albanian, and is the final result after a series of minor sound treatment and changes, since the real word for "day" in Albanian is "dita", but the root "di" is followed by the ending 't' and nominative "a", the same like : dri-ta, na-ta, pa-ta, ty-ta etc.

(Similar root we can find in Latin 'dies', which obviously yield 'dia' in Spanish or 'diorno' becoming 'giorno' in Italian after dg-->g sound transformation or 'journée' in French which probably yields the "journey" in English.)

So in few words the terms ἥλι(ος) or ἥέλι(ος) in Greek or Illi(ylli)[the star] & Dielli(the sun) in Albanian are graphical representatives of a thought/s about a object/s which illu-minate/s.
Lexically and phonetically, now we are dealing again with the involvement of an onomatopoeic syllabic supplement- structure: l+vowel, which happens to be a lexeme in Albanian 'le'=re-le-ase~lë-shoj(Al) unlike any other IE language.

Definition of illumination, in every culture is:

1 : the action of supplying or brightening with light or the resulting state. 2 : the luminous flux per unit area on an intercepting surface at any given point — called also illuminance.
This "light supply"(illumination) or the synonym brightening, is called ndriç-im(ndritshim) in Albanian and is acquired : në drite(in light)-->n(ë)dritë)--->ndrit(verb)=gleam=glitten=briten

The involvement of a primitive onomatopoeic structure l-e, is done due to the automatic semantic reflexes the palatal /l/ carries as an ideo-sound [or as a ideograph to imitate the sound or the phenomenon it suggests. The automatic deployment of a following vowel in this minor phonetic structure is inevitable, and its frequent shifting to a different vowel occurs due to deflection or in some rare case preservation and prevention. This change in a phonetic environment, is very normal for the reason expressed above, and certainly for the reason that a language is a vivid organism, which always changes, without losing the DNA, making it distinct among other languages. While the following vowel might shift to a different one, during declension or word meaning expansion, the phoneme "l", will never le-ave, but always will serve as a vessel to carry that initial abstract meaning, which will not be lost even during the word meaning expansion or contraction.
Using this, is one path, to phonetically/graphically convey the illumination/sun~ star concept. In the case of a "star", Greek (and Latin) is using a different path, to achieve the same objective, coming from a different logics. It's called 'semantics transferability ', from Albanian to create certain dictionary in Greek. The word ἀστήρ (which predates the Latin 'aster'), is an adjacent compound word:

ἀστήρ= ἀ+στήρ

ἀ---> privative preposition = to English un or NOT
στήρ--> is the Albanian meaning sterrë=dark, black

STERRË mb.
1. Shumë i zi; shumë i errët. Natë sterrë. Me leshrat sterrë. U nxi qielli, u bë sterrë.
2. Shumë i ngrysur a i zymtë. U bë sterrë në fytyrë.
3. fig. Që u ka bërë shumë të këqija të tjerëve ose që u dëshiron të keqen, i zi; i përlyer. E ka ndërgjegjen sterrë. E ka shpirtin sterrë.
4. si ndajf. Shumë, fare (për ngjyrën e zezë). Sterrë i zi. I zi sterrë.

carrying the same meaning with:

TERR m.
Errësirë. Terri i natës. Iku (u zhduk) nëpër terr. Erdhi për terr erdhi nëpër errësirë; erdhi në të errur, erdhi vonë. Dolëm nga terri.

which derives again from:

ERR kal.
1. E mbaj dikë deri vonë natën, e vonoj derisa ta zërë nata. Më erri nata më zuri nata. Mos më err.
2. E bëj dikë të mos shohë fare a të mos shohë mirë për një farë kohe, e verboj.
Ia erri sytë dielli.
3. fig. E bëj të mjerë a fatkeq, nxij. Ia erri jetën.
* I erri sytë vdiq.

s(initial reinforcement sound) +t (vowel treated 'të' article) +err(make dark, not-visible-verb)

The compound word simply means: not-dark, since a star is the only object which illuminates in the night sky darkness and it's not result of any descendance from the presumed PIE root nonsense.
This is not an isolated case in Greek, when semantics transferability protocol "borrowing" semantics from Albanian, is enforced. There are many, but one should have a deep understanding in Albanian, to realise that connection between two languages.
The word 'αφρός' seems to have no connection with its cognate in Albanian : 'shkumë'. But, the truth is that it borrows its meaning from another Albanian concept afr-oj=appro-ach . The sea-foam is an object in nature, which "the Greeks" have seen to always reach the coast, coming from a certain distance from the sea.
The word itself is used to name the "Morning Star"--Afro-dita, which roughly can be translated : "The day is approaching" which means the "Dawn is coming close". This post will help, to understand that the truth simply can't be hidden in darkness forever, the sun will bring the light, and it will be Aferdita, to signal it first.

It's nonsense to suggest that there is a key-root for the letters which apply only in Albanian among all IE languages ,
but it's not nonsense to claim that 90% of the words of Albanian are borrowed from other IE languages and not vice-versa.
Only because history it has been written in favor of the nations with more money and bigger armies.

The root language is 1 and it must be distinct compared to the rest IE languages,
k > c , with *K as the root and *C it's evolution as depicted on the picture below
letter *K involves also ancient Greek so there you have something to wonder, why you're not getting taught that Latin borrowed from Albanian and Greek? Maybe you're getting taught only what you like to believe and not the truth which might be hard to cope.
Just saying..

upload multiple pictures

Actually, it's well accepted by everyone that Latin borrowed those letters from Greeks who by their turn had borrowed their consonants from the Phoenicians. The Greeks only invented the symbols for the vowels. The possible semantic roots for the letters must be found in Afro-Asiatic languages, not in an Indo-European language like Albanian, Latin or any other language, and you of course know that already and just don't want to accept that fact. One moment you're talking about letters of the aplhabet, the other you are talking of words of the language's vocabulary like "kofshë", "coxa". Didn't you still get that languages are spoken forms, and the alphabet is not a part of the language, but just a visual symbolicrepresentation of the language with its own different history? You can't talk about the evolution of a spoken language and its writing system at the same time, because they aren't even the same thing.

Also, as far as I know there is a good reason why Latin did not borrow all those words from Greek, which is that they don't exist in Greek. Now, why didn't it borrow them from Albanian? That's a more interesting and plausible question, but still you'd have to explain how the borrowing and the adaptation to the Latin phonology happened and if it is regular, and not whimsical just to fit your hypothesis.

For example, we know that the change of p > f is very common in the development from Proto-Albanian to modern Albanian, and that the Eastern Proto-Romance from which Romanian also arose had *copsa instead of *coxa (*koksa), a change from *ks to *ps. That means that we can explain through regular sound changes how "kofshë" could've become that word if it had come directly from Latin "coxa". But can we demonstrate that Albanian *f always becomes Latin *k, and other changes? If we can (I don't know, I'm no expert), then we'll have to consider this hypothesis more seriously and try to find other ways to substantiate it and find the truth.

Shouldn't be any debate, about the concept if the sun is a star or not and vice-versa, and not because the Modern Astronomy says so. What is common between the sun and a star, is the illu-mination concept. Now a concept or a thought is the immediate post-action in our brain, after our perceptive senses , in our case the sight, are affected by a phenomenon, in this case the sun and star significant ability to "re-le-ase li-ght". A thought is like a silent word, or a silent sentence "read" or "written" inside our brain. During their existence, different cultures (in our case "the Greeks") mastered to express and/or graphically convey these "read" and "written" "words" and "sentences", inside our brain, and they 'decided', to call it ἥλι(ος) or ἥέλι(ος)( in its archaic form-Homeric) which is strikingly identical to the second part "ielli" of the word Dielli=sun in Albanian. Semantically the word Di-ielli, means "the day star" in Albanian, and is the final result after a series of minor sound treatment and changes, since the real word for "day" in Albanian is "dita", but the root "di" is followed by the ending 't' and nominative "a", the same like : dri-ta, na-ta, pa-ta, ty-ta etc.

(Similar root we can find in Latin 'dies', which obviously yield 'dia' in Spanish or 'diorno' becoming 'giorno' in Italian after dg-->g sound transformation or 'journée' in French which probably yields the "journey" in English.)

So in few words the terms ἥλι(ος) or ἥέλι(ος) in Greek or Illi(ylli)[the star] & Dielli(the sun) in Albanian are graphical representatives of a thought/s about a object/s which illu-minate/s.
Lexically and phonetically, now we are dealing again with the involvement of an onomatopoeic syllabic supplement- structure: l+vowel, which happens to be a lexeme in Albanian 'le'=re-le-ase~lë-shoj(Al) unlike any other IE language.

Definition of illumination, in every culture is:

The involvement of a primitive onomatopoeic structure l-e, is done due to the automatic semantic reflexes the palatal "l" carries as an ideo-sound [or as a ideograph to imitate the sound or the phenomenon it suggests. The automatic deployment of a following vowel in this minor phonetic structure is inevitable, and its frequent shifting to a different vowel occurs due to deflection or in some rare case preservation and prevention. This change in a phonetic environment, is very normal for the reason expressed above, and certainly for the reason that a language is a vivid organism, which always changes, without losing the DNA, making it distinct among other languages. While the following vowel might shift to a different one, during declension or word meaning expansion, the phoneme "l", will never le-ave, but always will serve as a vessel to carry that initial abstract meaning, which will not be lost even during the word meaning expansion or contraction.
Using this, is one path, to phonetically/graphically convey the illumination/sun~ star concept. In the case of a "star", Greek (and Latin) is using a different path, to achieve the same objective, coming from a different logics. It's called 'semantics transferability ', from Albanian to create certain dictionary in Greek. The word ἀστήρ (which predates the Latin 'aster'), is an adjacent compound word:

ἀστήρ= ἀ+στήρ

ἀ---> privative preposition = to English un or NOT
στήρ--> is the Albanian meaning sterrë=dark, black

which derives again from:

s(initial reinforcement sound) +t (vowel treated 'të' article) +err(make dark, not-visible-verb)

The compound word simply means: not-dark, since a star is the only object which illuminates in the night sky darkness and it's not result of any descendance from the presumed PIE root nonsense.
This is not an isolated case in Greek, when semantics transferability protocol "borrowing" semantics from Albanian, is enforced. There are many, but one should have a deep understanding in Albanian, to realise that connection between two languages.
The word 'αφρός' seems to have no connection with its cognate in Albanian : 'shkumë'. But, the truth is that it borrows its meaning from another Albanian concept afr-oj=appro-ach . The sea-foam is an object in nature, which "the Greeks" have seen to always reach the coast, coming from a certain distance from the sea.
The word itself is used to name the "Morning Star"--Afro-dita, which roughly can be translated : "The day is approaching" which means the "Dawn is coming close". This post will help, to understand that the truth simply can't be hidden in darkness forever, the sun will bring the light, and it will be Aferdita, to signal it first.

What ?

Αελιος and αστηρ notice α-στερ aster compare Stereo Στερεωμα
comes from where?

Come on, guys... No-one on this forum has any specific grudge against Albanians. Albanians are a great people. They have shown incredible resilience and resistance over the centuries, and deserve eveyone's unmitigated respect. Not every country can boast a Skanderbeg.

That's right, but how exactly this 'unmitigated respect' is shown in reality? By hijacking this very Scanderbeg identity? There have been countless attempts, to obscure his ethnic identity by claiming him as a Greek (or Serbian) hero. Here is the thing with Skanderbeg, which distinguish him from other ancient Albanian remarkable generals, like Phyrrus and Alexander the Great. During his lifetime, he was never defeated in a battlefield to defend his identity he believed to belong, and incredibly even after his death, he left a heritage to successfully 'defeat' every effort to obscure his identity and conscience, which remained clearly Albanian, not only for him, but even for Phyrrus and Alexander the Great, who in his own words, were his forefathers, identifying them as Albanians, despite the long time elapsed.

But you can't hope to be taken seriously when you propose a linguistic methodology any first-year student six weeks into linguistics would discard as ludicrous. Comparative linguistics is a demanding science, which requires extensive lexical corpora and unquestionable methods. Take a look at English phonology, for example : Grimm's Law, Verner's Law, the Great Vowel Shift... those patterns can be systematized to the entire language, with known and explicable exceptions. They leave little space for guesswork.

One can be proud of one's history and heritage, enjoy the beauties of one's language, without indulging in indefensible theories.

Well, you might be right, when you assume that not all Albanians, converge on the same methodology and theory, but you are totally wrong(probably not intentionally), when you claim the comparative linguistics is an unquestionable scientific method. The truth is that C.L, is not only questionable, but far from being scientific also. Fact is that C.L is based on several unproven hypothesis, about a phenomenon, hypothetical again, which among the linguists is far by being met with wide acceptance. These methods were so ambiguous and intuitive, that were inevitably dropped after, to be replaced by non-linguistic methods, such as statistical-mathematical ones. This replacement resulted with a bigger problem to face, the new methods used, were no longer using the same subject(cognates)to reach the aimed reconstruction, but ended up using word similarities. But this negates the essence of the theory itself, because the end result wouldn't be one common reconstructed language with the same dictionary, but a wide lexicon statistics, which would have different roots for every different descended language. We in Albanian, have a nice expression about this: "Beri nje vrime ne uje" which means "he drilled a hole in the water", and this is exactly what that theory does as an end result.

Last edited:
What ?

Αελιος and αστηρ notice α-στερ aster compare Stereo Στερεωμα
comes from where?

It's not Αελιος but ἥέλιος.

Ex. Homer OD.31

Ἠέλιος δ᾽ἀνόρουσε λιπὼν περικαλλέα λίμνην

What ?
.... notice α-στερ aster compare Stereo Στερεωμα
comes from where?

By the way, στερεός which is translated firm, solid, once again obeys "semantics transferibility" rule.
Stere, means soil, earth in Albanian, which is solid in contrast to water.

STERE f.Toka e thatë dhe e qëndrueshme e bregut (në kundërvënie me sipërfaqen e lëkundshme të ujit të detit), terë; kund. lagë. Dolën (zbritën) në stere. Banon në stere. Ndërmjet detit dhe steresë. Rrip toke që lidh detin me sterenë.

which means : Dry land and solid(in contrast with unstable sea water surface).................................

http://www.fjalori.shkenca.org/
insert stere

s(meaning reinforcement initial sound) + ter(dry, make dry, make solid)

and by the way again this Albanian verb : ter

TER kal.Thaj. Teri çarçafët (këmishën). Teri lotët. Teri duhanin.
E teri tokën era. Ter në diell (në zjarr, në erë). E ndej për ta terur.
* Ia teri këmbët (opingat) dikujt mospërf. e vrau. Të ter potkonjtë është shumë i shkathët, të heq këpucët nga këmba.

has given "birth" to the Latin/neo-Latin expression/s: terra=land, earth

Last edited:
Actually, it's well accepted by everyone that Latin borrowed those letters from Greeks who by their turn had borrowed their consonants from the Phoenicians. The Greeks only invented the symbols for the vowels. The possible semantic roots for the letters must be found in Afro-Asiatic languages, not in an Indo-European language like Albanian, Latin or any other language, and you of course know that already and just don't want to accept that fact. One moment you're talking about letters of the aplhabet, the other you are talking of words of the language's vocabulary like "kofshë", "coxa". Didn't you still get that languages are spoken forms, and the alphabet is not a part of the language, but just a visual symbolicrepresentation of the language with its own different history? You can't talk about the evolution of a spoken language and its writing system at the same time, because they aren't even the same thing.

Also, as far as I know there is a good reason why Latin did not borrow all those words from Greek, which is that they don't exist in Greek. Now, why didn't it borrow them from Albanian? That's a more interesting and plausible question, but still you'd have to explain how the borrowing and the adaptation to the Latin phonology happened and if it is regular, and not whimsical just to fit your hypothesis.

For example, we know that the change of p > f is very common in the development from Proto-Albanian to modern Albanian, and that the Eastern Proto-Romance from which Romanian also arose had *copsa instead of *coxa (*koksa), a change from *ks to *ps. That means that we can explain through regular sound changes how "kofshë" could've become that word if it had come directly from Latin "coxa". But can we demonstrate that Albanian *f always becomes Latin *k, and other changes? If we can (I don't know, I'm no expert), then we'll have to consider this hypothesis more seriously and try to find other ways to substantiate it and find the truth.

I agree with you, alphabets are developed separately from languages.
But think of this for a while.. the word 'coxa' and all other words above --and not only--
are written with *C but still pronounced with the sound *K as they're in Albanian.

The borrowing it's regular and definitely Latin has borrowed from Albanian and not the opposite, it's not about any complicated sound rules or something like that,
it is so simple to understand that you don't have to be a linguist,
Root words of Albanian are created by 1 or 2 vowels and 1 or 2 consonants, and their derivatives words are grouped in accordance with the root word
See post nb.71 of Zeus, he mentioned the word ' err ', a word that doesn't exists in any other IE languages if i'm not mistaken,

err > terr > tmerr > sterrë > terror .. etc,etc
' Err ' is the root word 1 V + 1 C, while the rest are derivative words that cannot be borrowed from other languages since the root word is only found in Albanian,
the meaning of the root word is ' dark ' and the derivative words have relevant meaning more or less, you want more clues..?
The personification of Darkness on the Homeric poems was called '' EREbus ''.

''ἔνθ᾽ ὄϊν ἀρνειὸν ῥέζειν θῆλύν τε μέλαινανεἰς Ἔρεβος στρέψας''
ΟΜΗΡΟΣ
11. – Ὀδύσσεια κ 466-560

The same occurs with words that are found in Latin, they are coming from ''grouped words'' of Albanian,

It's something that people keep doing even today for new words with relevant meaning.
air > airplane > airport > airwave > aircraft > airline > airway.. etc,etc

It's not Αελιος but ἥέλιος.

Ex. Homer OD.31

Ἠέλιος δ᾽ἀνόρουσε λιπὼν περικαλλέα λίμνην

your Determination makes me SICK
and is obvious that you NEVER UNDERSTAND AND SPEAK GREEK

Σαελιος PROTOGREEK
Χαελιος (Haelios early Greek following Grassmann's law )

Αελιος Aeolian
Αβελιος Cretan
Ηελιος Homerick

Ηλιος Doric
Αλιος Arcadocypriot

Are just the same word
and
COGNATES WITH WORD ΑΛΩΣ, HALO

dogmatic aproach is wrong

AND THE USAGE OF LEXICON
IS GOOD AND HELPFULL
BUT DOES NOT MEAN ALWAYS THE USAGE IS CORRECT

AS IN YOUR EXAMPLE FOR ΛΕΓΩ
Which secondary meaning is I speak
and you make it primary
cause if i follow the L..Scott by step
then word Υπολογιστης=computer
means under judgement and Not comput

Ηελιος=Αελιος=Αλιος=ηλιος=Αβελιος From IE ProtoGreek Saelios then haelios
No need to use Yehunda for Abel-ios

I hope at least after grimm's law
understand and respect Grassmann's law

your Determination makes me SICK
and is obvious that you NEVER UNDERSTAND AND SPEAK GREEK

Σαελιος PROTOGREEK
Χαελιος (Haelios early Greek following Grassmann's law )

Αελιος Aeolian
Αβελιος Cretan
Ηελιος Homerick

Ηλιος Doric
Αλιος Arcadocypriot

Are just the same word
and
COGNATES WITH WORD ΑΛΩΣ, HALO

dogmatic aproach is wrong

AND THE USAGE OF LEXICON
IS GOOD AND HELPFULL
BUT DOES MEAN ALWAYS THE USAGE IS CORRECT

AS IN YOUR EXAMPLE FOR ΛΕΓΩ
Which secondary meaning is I speak
and you make it primary
cause if i follow the L..Scott by step
then word Υπολογιστης=computer
means under judgement and Not comput

Ηελιος=Αελιος=Αλιος=ηλιος=Αβελιος From IE ProtoGreek Saelios then haeliosNo need to use Yehunda for Abel-ios

I hope at least after grimm's law
understand and respect Grassmann's law

Ok Yetos, do you want to make us believe that Σαελιος or αλιος is the correct form instead of ήλιος? This debate is not about me, understanding the Greek language or not, which telling the truth I understand a big deal. Driving you crazy is not my intention, since I am orientated toward a fair and constructive debate. What happens here, I bring two terms in Greek and Albanian respectively ήλιος and ἥέλιος and Albanian illi and dielli. The first ήλιος is not only still used today, but is relevant even for the Classical Greek(or any form of Greek) and its meaning is : the sun. The second word ἥέλιος has been used in the Homeric poems, as an earlier form for it. There is no debate about this. What do you do instead, you come up with a list of possible related words (most of them in some dead unproven dialects), starting with a hypothetical one, and ending with one commonly used for the sea, which either ways are irrelevant to the discussion we are having.

Ok Yetos, do you want to make us believe that Σαελιος or αλιος is the correct form instead of ήλιος? This debate is not about me, understanding the Greek language or not, which telling the truth I understand a big deal. Driving you crazy is not my intention, since I am orientated toward a fair and constructive debate. What happens here, I bring two terms in Greek and Albanian respectively ήλιος and ἥέλιος and Albanian illi dhe dielli. The first ήλιος is not only still used today, but is relevant even for the Classical Greek and its meaning is : the sun. The second word ἥέλιος has been used in the Homeric poems, as an earlier form for it. There is no debate about this. What do you do instead, you come up with a list of possible related words (most of them in some dead unproven dialects), starting with a hypothetical one, which are irrelevant to the discussion we are having.

above i mention all the words for ηλιος
and used KNOWN ATTESTED LINGUISTIC LAWS
TO DESCRIBE YOU ALL FROM LIE TILL TODAY
Denying Aelios Alios Abelios by you has NO Meaning
The only possible are the 2 reconstructed Forms,

as For ΑΣΤΗΡ Aster is simple enough if you USE IE laws and connectivity

words like
Αστραπη Compare ΑΣΤΕΡΟΠΑΙΟΣ in Homer means lighting, flash strass
ΑΣΤΕΡΟΠΗ in Hesiodos
Zeus is call Στερεοπηγερετας Stereopegeretas
Αστεροπητης ASTERopetes

As for Στερεος Stereo means stable, not solid neither Dry,
I make something stable, Ι support, I SubSTANTIALE, I HOLD,
ΣΤΕΡΕΩΜΑ STEREOMA is the SKY DOME the THOLOS of URANOS

ΣΤΕΡΕΩΜΑ
milky-way-concordia-pakistan.jpg

the sky dome

gabaon493.jpg

The Earth/universe as believed by ancients,

So ΑΣΤΗΡ has to do with ΑΣΤΕΡΟΠΗ light/lighting/flash from the sky dome ΣΤΕΡΕΩΜΑ

compare Latin STELLARIS from STEROLLA
compare Germanic STERNO

it is more simple my friend
except if germanic is also a religious language

ΣΤΕΡΕΩΜΑ the Sky Dome
ΑΣΤΗΡ the flashing light opn the ΣΤΕΡΕΩΜΑ.

As for Afros and APhrodite
is more simple
Just compare this
ΑΦΡΟΣ & ΟΜΒΡΟΣ
concerning the Proto-Greek NW dialects and Makedonian
ΑΦΡΟΣ comes from ΑΒΡΟΣ and cognates with OMBROS
ΑΒΡΟΣ MEANS Soft and/but is also the bubbles when Rains ΟΜΒΡΟΣ
AFRODITE has the -DI/DE- meaning God
and means the Godess of foam, of softeness,
cause she was born in a foam bubble

PERIOD,

The above are tested by ALL LINGUISTS,

YOU ARE JUST AN EGOIST
AND PLAY IT A LINGUIST AND A HISTORIAN

THE NAME OF THE GODESS IS APHRODITE ΑΦΡΟΔΙΤΗ
THE NAME OF THE PLANET THAT COMES UP FIRST AT THE MORNING
AND DROPS LAST ARE
EΩΣΦΟΡΟΣ EOSPHOROS = LUCIFER
ΕΣΠΕΡΟΣ

the name of the planet Venus WAS GIVEN by the Roma
ns
Not The Greeks , who just translate it Aphrodite
and when Chistians were State, the name ΕΩΣΦΟΡΟΣ was forbiden
so theymake it ΑΥΓΕΡΙΝΟΣ

THAT IS THE BIGGEST HOAX IN HISTORY AND LINGUISTICS

WHY?

cause The name of the planet Aphrodite that comes first at the morning in Greek is ΕΩΣΦΟΡΟΣ (EOS BRINGER=LUCIFER)
NOT APHRODITE

THE ROMANS NAME
H TE PLANETS WITH GODS NAMES AND NAMED IT VENUS
SO GREEKS TRANSLATE IT TO APHRODITE,

SO YOUR HOAX METHOD TO CONNECT THE GODESS WITH THE PLANET IS OBVIOUS
APHRODITE IS A GODESS BORN BY FOAM BUBBLES (ΑΦΡΟΣ/ΑΒΡΟΣ/ΟΜΒΡΟΣ)

NOW I UNDERSTAND WHY NOBODY WANTS TO PUBLISH YOUR METHOD

WHAT YOU ARE DOING IS JUST SPAM AND PROPAGANDA,
THE GREEK NAME OF THE FIRST STAR IS EOSPHOROS NOT APHRODITE
AND AT CHRISTIAN TIMES TURN IT TO MALE AND NAMED IT ΑΥΓΕΡΙΝΟΣ DUE TO THE FERA OF CHRISTIANS
YOU CAN NOT CALL THE FIRST STAR OF THE DAY LUCIFER

THE PLANET APHRODITE IN GREEK IS JUST A TRANSLATION OF THE OFFICIAL ROMAN NAME VENUS

I thought i was to discuss to a civilized and logical sphere,
but what you do is just .........

tell me something
All these comes from your method?
they just came in brain?
or you just imagine things when you are at the 'pub toilet'

THAT IS APHRODITE
GODESS MADE IN FOAM
NOT A MORNING STAR

350px-Sandro_Botticelli_-_La_nascita_di_Venere_-_Google_Art_Project_-_edited.jpg

THAT IS ΕΩΣΦΟΡΟΣ EOSFOROS EOS+BRINGER = LUCIFER
THAT IS NOT APHRODITE
THAT IS MORNING STAR

______~1.JPG

the name of the planet is VENUS
BAPTISED BY ROMANS
A TRANSLATION OF VENUS IN GREEK IS APHRODITE
THAT IS WHY ONLY GREEKS CALL THE PLANET APHRODITE
AND ALL THE WORLD VENUS

AND NOW YOU COME AND TELL US
THAT PLANET APHRODITE (a translation) IS FROM ALBANIAN AFERDITA?
DOES THIS FITS WITH YOUR METHOD.
DOES YOUR METHOD EXPLAIN WELL THE ORIGIN OF A TRANSLATION!!!!! WOW
SO YOIU TELL US THAT THE TRANSLATION OF THE PLANET NAME IS FROM ALBANIAN!!!!!!!!
AND NOT FROM VENUS=APHRODITE?

I hope to understand
whhere and how much low your method and your mania has driven you
pathetic

I REPEAT

THAT IS EOSPHOROS ΕΩΣΦΟΡΟΣ = LUCIFER

slide_2.jpg

THAT IS APHRODITE ΑΦΡΟΔΙΤΗ
COMING FROM HER BATH FOAMS
1507871_1586694588226342_415124595931328337_n.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

This thread has been viewed 91389 times.

Back