Genetic study A genetic history of the Balkans from Roman frontier to Slavic migrations

I looked at the supplementals. Of the 8 E-V13 labeled as Balkan Iron Age, 4 are clearly south Thracian in profile and the other four are something else. One of these is shown as Albanian IA but with a very low feat, and the other three as Croat IA + Aegean IA. I am confident I identified them on the PCA, and 3 fall under the Bassarabi zone, just below Cinamak. One from Viminacium I think is Dacian, it is modeled as 81% IA Croatia and 19% Aegean but the fit is super low and there is not a single Viminacium sample on the PCA that aligns between IA Croatia and BA Aegean.

I15490 - E-CTS1273, South Thracian in profile.
I15504 - E-BY3880, South Thracian in profile.
I15518 - E-CTS1273, South Thracian in profile.
I15554 - E-BY3880, South Thracian in profile.
I15495 - E-CTS9320, this one is the one I think might be a Dacian, in the old PCA graph from the pre-print, this would be the sample that almost plots like a central European.
I15507 - E-BY3880, Bassarabi or half south Thracian, half Dacian
I15544 - E-BY3880, Bassarabi/Moesian local
I15553 - E-CTS1273, Bassarabi/Moesian local

It looks like most E-V13 in Viminacium are south Thracians, and if the authors want to capture local profiles they ought to consider taking samples from smaller settlements in the countryside. In Timacum Minus, only one E-V13 is south Thracian, and the rest are of unique profile, which should be local.

There is also a new E-V13 sample from Komardin, that plots fairly close to South Thracian, but somewhat different which the authors have modeled as half Croatian IA and half BA-IA Aegean. Probably another Dacian-Thracian mixed profile.

And the single R-Z1203 sample that is Balkan IA, seems to be Illyrian, and plots like a Daunian.

Last edited:
V13 is clearly associated with generalized Iron Age Balkans, as J2b-L283, and R1b-Z2103 with exception of two of them being Middle Eastern ( likely Armenian, Assyrian related South Caucasus/North Middle Eastern).

Which samples are the mena Z2103s.

I looked at the supplementals. Of the 8 E-V13 labeled as Balkan Iron Age, 4 are clearly south Thracian in profile and the other four are something else. One of these is shown as Albanian IA but with a very low feat, and the other three as Croat IA + Aegean IA. I am confident I identified them on the PCA, and 3 fall under the Bassarabi zone, just below Cinamak. One from Viminacium I think is Dacian, it is modeled as 81% IA Croatia and 19% Aegean but the fit is super low and there is not a single Viminacium sample on the PCA that aligns between IA Croatia and BA Aegean.

I15490 - E-CTS1273, South Thracian in profile.
I15504 - E-BY3880, South Thracian in profile.
I15518 - E-CTS1273, South Thracian in profile.
I15554 - E-BY3880, South Thracian in profile.
I15495 - E-CTS9320, this one is the one I think might be a Dacian, in the old PCA graph from the pre-print, this would be the sample that almost plots like a central European.
I15507 - E-BY3880, Bassarabi or half south Thracian, half Dacian
I15544 - E-BY3880, Bassarabi/Moesian local
I15553 - E-CTS1273, Bassarabi/Moesian local

It looks like most E-V13 in Viminacium are south Thracians, and if the authors want to capture local profiles they ought to consider taking samples from smaller settlements in the countryside. In Timacum Minus, only one E-V13 is south Thracian, and the rest are of unique profile, which should be local.

There is also a new E-V13 sample from Komardin, that plots fairly close to South Thracian, but somewhat different which the authors have modeled as half Croatian IA and half BA-IA Aegean. Probably another Dacian-Thracian mixed profile.

And the single R-Z1203 sample that is Balkan IA, seems to be Illyrian, and plots like a Daunian.
Do you think dacians plot like central Europeans ?

Peloponnese is 'mainland' also.

In addition, Byzantines had such Hellenized/Christianised Balkan/Slav lineages as well. They were vibrant and loyal communities to the throne in Constantinople throughout the middle and late Medieval.

Basill II the Bulgar-Slayer was half Bulgarian, from his mother side, let's not forget.
He read eastern European ancestry and he understood Slavic 🤦

Attachments

• 1000000404.png
    1000000404.png
    145.5 KB · Views: 129
What propaganda you dumb Greek ? Just accept you have slavic dna
That you're brain-dead and can't understand basic English,
they literally write that's not exclusively Slavic but way older.
"Eastern European ancestry was sporadically present in the Balkans long before the Slavic migrations of late antiquity."

That you're brainwashed and can't understand basic English,they literally say that's not exclusively Slavic
"Eastern European ancestry was sporadically present in the Balkans long before the Slavic migrations of late antiquity."
Hahaha your so butthurt man your coping so hard. You have Slavic what ever you like or not now leave me alone

Hahaha your so butthurt man your coping so hard. You have Slavic what ever you like or not now leave me alone
Who said that I don't have any?Are you insane?
I'm saying that you're too delusional to understand the difference between steppe and slavic admixture.

Last edited:
Who said that I didn't have any?Are you insane?
I'm saying that you're too delusional to understand the difference between steppe and slavic admixture.
Can you leave me I don't speak to babies throwing a tantrum

Can you leave me I don't speak to babys throwing a tantrum
Wow that's an excellent self-referential post,bravo my dear
Now could you stop crying and actually read the study?
This is a forum about science

Last edited:
Wow that's an excellent self-referential post,bravo my dear
Well I wasn't the one who started insulting people I am calm my gay bro. Let's stop derailing this thread. If you want to continued this pointless argument move to private conversation

Well I wasn't the one who started insulting people I am calm my gay bro. Let's stop derailing this. If you want to continued this pointless argument move to private conversation
You're crying that somehow i insult you(while I just debunked your nonsense) at the same post you call me gay 🤣
how old are you my dear?10-12?
Keep your delusions out of this forum

Look I don't care nomore
You can't even understand what self-referential means?
I'll write it again for one last time:
This is a forum about science,keep your delusions+childish behavior out of here.
I won't waste more time answering your nonsense,when you obviously didn't read the topic of the thread.

@Hawk I don't see any mena z2103s in the excel file, or am I going blind?

Everything is a variation of P312, Z2106/08 and PF7562/3.

Man your are such an idiot. Just to pissed you off main land Greeks have 40 percent Slavic
Claiming such nonsense(Eastern european ancestry=slavic ancestry) when the authors of the study(which you obviously didn't read) literally wrote:
"We present evidence that Eastern European ancestry was sporadically present in the Balkans long before the Slavic migrations of late antiquity. "
🥳

This thread has been viewed 32904 times.

Back