Do Italians look more like Spaniards/Portuguese, or Greeks?

Do Italians look like Iberians or Greeks?

• Northerners more Iberian, southerners more Greek

Votes: 8 50.0%
  • Iberian

Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Greek

Votes: 6 37.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
At the wedding the Swedish press confused Rania of Jordan with Kate.

a famous tv presentatrice
again almond shaped eyes and a rather squared face, traits associated with south-eastern girls
balivo_estate_bio.jpg

gigi d'alessio has also almond shaped eyes, with a lesser mediteranean pigment and facial structure instead.
gigi_d_alessio.jpg

famous singer with that kind of eyes and face, very south eastern
cristinadavena.jpg

cristina_d_avena.jpg

this is a very balkanian face, very illyrian, dinarid, could pass as albanian, and from litoral balkanic coast untill slovenia.
tys type it's found occasionally also in italy
giovannigalli.jpg

galli02G.jpg

1287491853e948f7ee8a576425f51bf9e0c8a6cb101281797538.jpeg

N. Italians are clearly closer to Iberians (Spaniards and Portuguese). That said, in percentage terms, Iberians are majority "Atlantid" and Western European in appearance. N. Italians look much more W. European than S. Italians, but also have minor Balkanite characteristics.

1.jpg

Víctor Sevilla.

C_2_maincontent_63012_mediumimage.gif

Miguel Ángel Silvestre.

2480753080_ea10234a08.jpg

Juan José Ballesta.

Perhaps in this small representation of Spanish may be the Westernization of the West Spanish appearance, may appear Silvestre Lebanese do not know, but I see you all very proto.

Vanessa Incontrada
has typical features of spaniards, slim face, oblong face, a straight more thin nose
vanessahome.jpg

Natalia Estrada
is spaniard but could well pass in italy and in the balkans instead
more of a squared face
natalia-estrada.jpg

Fernando Alonso
very typical typology of mediterranean like spaniards, and quintessential spaniard
AlonsoFerrari4.jpg

Dani Pedrosa
could pass as balkanian too
daniel-pedrosa.jpg

Dani-Pedrosa.jpg

However generically speaking spaniards have less dinaroid tendencies and less convex noses than italians or balkanians
types like him could never be spaniards (because of the dinarid tendencies)
gianluigi-buffon-italia.jpg

Buffon-Gianluigi-001.jpg

even less Chiellini
his nose and profile strats to be common in italy and you can find it in the balkans and south east europe
chiellini%20g.jpg

I think you have several issues from my point of view. Probably you fell in love with some Greek or Albanian or Eastern European and you like to claim all Italians look albanians or east med in Italy.
Almost all the people you post can be found in all Europe, and without comparative pics of crowds makes no sense to keep on claiming something you have no clue about.
It seems like you enjoy to be classified as east med or even further east , when in reality the only overlap is between S.Italy and Greece that is 1\3 of Italy.
The greek looking people you post are almost all S.Italians, just to let you know.
N.Italians and C.Italians don't look like Iberians for a bigger dinarid component who is everywhere in central Europe too, not only in Albania and Greece, which the latter is mostly alpine med.
I think you need to clear a bit your thinkings, and stop make all Italians what you would like them to be.
P.s
Chiellini had his nose broken more than once. Inform yourself.

this is a very balkanian face, very illyrian, dinarid, could pass as albanian, and from litoral balkanic coast untill slovenia.
tys type it's found occasionally also in italy
giovannigalli.jpg

galli02G.jpg

1287491853e948f7ee8a576425f51bf9e0c8a6cb101281797538.jpeg

Rofl
Galli is Italian it is not that you can find him "occasionally", he reminds me of this actor and also other people realized that.
giovanni_galli_patrick_dempsey.jpg
I don't know what is your problem, but Italians don't look nor east med nor west med, they look central med, surely they don't look like Levantines as you like to claim.
If you are dark be happy but don't bring all the people of Italy with you claiming phenotypic links with other people when you have not the knowledge to do it.

i think dempsey could pass well as an italian.
I don't want to offend no one, but i think i'm quite expert about genetics

miguel angel silvestre resembles raul bova
raul_bova1.jpg

The essential difference between southern Italians / central Italians and Iberians is that the latter are more paleolithic. The latest autosomal (full heredity - determines phenotype) research shows quite clearly that Near-Eastern affinities are substantially higher for Italians in the central and southern regions vis-a-vis the majority of Spaniards and Portuguese. This doesn't necessarily mean that if you are southern or central Italian you look Levantine or southern Greek, but there does exist a stronger Near-Eastern phenotypic affinity in the south and central regions of Italy.

Dempsey can easily pass as mainstream in Spain or Portugal. He's very Atlantic in appearance, the main phenotype in Iberia.

Yes italians have a bigger neolithic component, on the other hand Iberians have more african admixture- even more than Sicilians for the Portuguese and almost the same for Spaniards-, but that doesn't mean you look N.Africans of course but that there is a stronger NorthAfrican phenotypic affinity.
It's obvious, genetic doesn't work for Italy only i think.

I agree about Dempsey.They all look like him in Iberia. It is enough to take a look at the stadiums or the streets.
Guardiola, Xavi, Villa, Busquets are all his copycats.
Not.

Yes italians have a bigger neolithic component, on the other hand Iberians have more african admixture- even more than Sicilians for the Portuguese and almost the same for Spaniards-, but that doesn't mean you look N.Africans of course but that there is a stronger NorthAfrican phenotypic affinity.

I agree about Dempsey.They all look like him in Iberia. It is enough to take a look at the stadiums or the streets.
Not.

Then before the mixture to which you refer, as were the phenotypes of the Iberians?

That's somewhat correct for Y-DNA haplogroup results, which are only useful for identifying ancient population migration inputs. However, autosomal DNA determines phenotype and all test findings for Spaniards and Portuguese show minor levels of N. African ancestry (Spaniards record 2-3% and Portuguese ~5%). Moreover, the Atlantic component is very high for both groups. Also, N. European affinities are about 38% for Spaniards and 36-37% for Portuguese. See the latest Polako and DODECAD figures.

Last edited:
Not.[/QUOTE]

Not?

Not.

I see you are attempting to be funny. Most of your names are not relevant examples.

Dempsey's phenotype is hardly atypical in Spain or Portugal. There is a common thread between Atlantic Facade peoples.

Status
Not open for further replies.

This thread has been viewed 154690 times.

Back