Do Italians look more like Spaniards/Portuguese, or Greeks?

Do Italians look like Iberians or Greeks?

• Northerners more Iberian, southerners more Greek

Votes: 8 50.0%
  • Iberian

Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Greek

Votes: 6 37.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
You look like an italian Riccardo but you could be French, Spanish, or German or from netherlands, you have a very neutral look, i mean you can found your type in any country i think... i know many italians here in spain; blondes brunettes and redheads, i know who is italian just see him, but i don´t think it´s by factions italians are usually more stylized than spaniards i think, spaniards are shorter but more robust sometimes people who was living in Italy said that i seem italian too lol; long nose, high thin, more thinner factions... definitely i think that you have the "ideal" of roman beauty.

Oh well, thanks so! =)

Anyhow maybe in other pictures I look more "Italian".

In many cases advertising in Spain used in a manner sympathetic to Italian albeit exaggerated, in this case the word pasta in Spanish also means money in the vernacular.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YSteJ-uiong&NR=1

What is the opinion about Italian beauty in Spain? Do you like Italian girls? Of course you can find beautiful and ugly girls everywhere...But you know what I mean! =)

those are types found also in italy, they are one of the main type of south italian women

I tried posting pictures that were examples of this type but they are too large to appear as attachments

Francesca Chillemi; http://vnexpress.net/Files/Subject/3B/A0/61/69/8.jpg
Alessia Buetto (Miss Sicily 2007); http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3381/3655436200_dda0d91972.jpg
Agata Alonzo; http://locali.data.kataweb.it/kpmimages/kpm3/gloc/infografica/2009/06/04/jpg_1645596.jpg

Greek examples of this type
Maria Menounos; http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_7fkdS21tU.../B39NWE6rIUA/s1600/Maria_Menounos_photo_3.jpg
Elena Paparizou; http://www.tombraider4u.com/elena-paparizou.jpg

Riccardo
¿Cuál es la opinión de la belleza italiana en España? ¿Te gustan las chicas italianas? Por supuesto, usted puede encontrar chicas guapas y feas en todas partes ... Pero ya sabes lo que quiero decir! =)

In Spain, like all things Italian, movies, cooking, history, art, beauty of its women and men, even the Spanish believe they understand the Italian language, it is not, but I believe I speak in third person about my country, because just as I love, I'm surprised. I love Albano, Albano and Romina Power, Rafaela Carrá and Richi e Poveri and many more. Italina girls are beautiful and probably the finest in Europe, I know, only good things I can think of Italy.

I have family in Italy, some cousins ​​of my mother, by her father, the truth is that Italian look and speak Spanish with an Italian accent, has a daughter redhead very beautiful, very quiet, I normally set in the Italian girls traveling to Spain and are very quiet, cool and distant, inaccessible take an attitude, I think men who take a different attitude, but Italian men are handsome but they are not my type.

My mother always says the Spanish "speak Portuguese with a weird accent" but realistically since Latin came from Italy, we all (Spanish, Portuguese, French, Italians) speak improper Latin. :grin:

In Spain, like all things Italian, movies, cooking, history, art, beauty of its women and men, even the Spanish believe they understand the Italian language, it is not, but I believe I speak in third person about my country, because just as I love, I'm surprised. I love Albano, Albano and Romina Power, Rafaela Carrá and Richi e Poveri and many more. Italina girls are beautiful and probably the finest in Europe, I know, only good things I can think of Italy.

I have family in Italy, some cousins ​​of my mother, by her father, the truth is that Italian look and speak Spanish with an Italian accent, has a daughter redhead very beautiful, very quiet, I normally set in the Italian girls traveling to Spain and are very quiet, cool and distant, inaccessible take an attitude, I think men who take a different attitude, but Italian men are handsome but they are not my type.

I'm glad that you have this opinion about Italy and Italians. I always said that there's a special feeling beetween Italy and Spain! ;)

^^

Yes I agree, perhaps Italy has no complexes with other European countries of Spain, I refer to statements from the French branch of government accusations weeks after Germany, France dared to say he doubted the sanitary conditions of Spanish agricultural production, how awful!, Spanish and Andalusian agriculture are among the most advanced in Europe, how France said that?, thought perhaps that in this way would benefit the economy, when the opposite happens if we speak of EU where the damage to one member affects the whole community, it is shameful, something he never would Italy to Spain, only talk to harm a member.

^^

Yes I agree, perhaps Italy has no complexes with other European countries of Spain, I refer to statements from the French branch of government accusations weeks after Germany, France dared to say he doubted the sanitary conditions of Spanish agricultural production, how awful!, Spanish and Andalusian agriculture are among the most advanced in Europe, how France said that?, thought perhaps that in this way would benefit the economy, when the opposite happens if we speak of EU where the damage to one member affects the whole community, it is shameful, something he never would Italy to Spain, only talk to harm a member.

We are "twin" countries...Both Latin, with the same lifestyle and the same joy of life...We Italians have affinities with France and Greece (I love Greece) too, but one isn't totally Mediterranean (yes ok, but not "Southern"), and the other isn't Latin...That's why there's a special relationship beetween Italian and Spanish people...I don't see many differences...Expecially culturally we are really close! I hope to manage to come back soon..I always had great times there! =)

We are "twin" countries...Both Latin, with the same lifestyle and the same joy of life...We Italians have affinities with France and Greece (I love Greece) too, but one isn't totally Mediterranean (yes ok, but not "Southern"), and the other isn't Latin...That's why there's a special relationship beetween Italian and Spanish people...I don't see many differences...Expecially culturally we are really close! I hope to manage to come back soon..I always had great times there! =)

What part of Italy are you from?

I agree with your post.. I'd definitely say that the Spanish are "twin" countries first and foremost with Portugal, however.

What part of Italy are you from?

I agree with your post.. I'd definitely say that the Spanish are "twin" countries first and foremost with Portugal, however.

Roma! ;)

Well, maybe Portugal is more similar, but both Italy and Spain are "projected" one toward the other! =)

Portugal is by far more culturally similar to Spain than any other country. I'm Portuguese American and every time I've met someone from Spain it's like they're family.. but really we're all pretty close when you think about it, all Catholic and all speak similar languages. :)

I think though that there is still a Greek character to the mindset and culture of some southern regions (like Calabria and Sicily) and I know far southern Italians feel close to Greece, but being from Rome there's probably less of a Greek legacy than in say, Calabria. Is this correct?

I tried posting pictures that were examples of this type but they are too large to appear as attachments

Francesca Chillemi; http://vnexpress.net/Files/Subject/3B/A0/61/69/8.jpg
Alessia Buetto (Miss Sicily 2007); http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3381/3655436200_dda0d91972.jpg
Agata Alonzo; http://locali.data.kataweb.it/kpmimages/kpm3/gloc/infografica/2009/06/04/jpg_1645596.jpg

Greek examples of this type
Maria Menounos; http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_7fkdS21tU.../B39NWE6rIUA/s1600/Maria_Menounos_photo_3.jpg
Elena Paparizou; http://www.tombraider4u.com/elena-paparizou.jpg

The one in the Middle Buetto, is what charachterize the most the look of southern italian women, also the other are very representative

Portugal is by far more culturally similar to Spain than any other country. I'm Portuguese American and every time I've met someone from Spain it's like they're family.. but really we're all pretty close when you think about it, all Catholic and all speak similar languages. :)

I think though that there is still a Greek character to the mindset and culture of some southern regions (like Calabria and Sicily) and I know far southern Italians feel close to Greece, but being from Rome there's probably less of a Greek legacy than in say, Calabria. Is this correct?

I think yes! But as I said before, we have a great link with Greeks too, the only difference is that they aren't "latin". Anyhow, I love Greece, I have a lot of friends there and I really admire them for their history and their tradition. They're a great people and yes, we feel so close. This doesn't mean that we can't feel close with Spain too. ;)
About Portugal, maybe we are too distant to have direct connection, but I think we are all similar! =)

I understand that from a distance is difficult to perceive the feeling that exists between Spain and Italy, but it is, there is great affinity between the Spanish and Italians, for me Rafaela Carr is like my family, I do not happen to a French artist English, or elsewhere in Europe, because Italy is well known in Spain.

I have a question for those of you who speak either Italian or Spanish.. is it easier to understand French, or Romanian? Written and spoken. Of the two I have heard Romanian pronunciation is closer, but Romanian has a lot of Slavic influenced vocabulary.

Honestly for the Spanish Romania was a country that was far, did not know anything about Romania, suddenly we were invaded by hundreds of thousands of Romanians without knowing where they came from, had never before heard Romanian, now I've heard and some single word sounds familiar, but nothing else, I studied French in school, but I do not remember anything before become fashionable English in Spain was the French foreign language most studied.

I have a question for those of you who speak either Italian or Spanish.. is it easier to understand French, or Romanian? Written and spoken. Of the two I have heard Romanian pronunciation is closer, but Romanian has a lot of Slavic influenced vocabulary.

both are difficult to understand, but to me french is easier to read, more understandable, but when i heard it, i can´t understand a word. On the other hand, i have the influence of the catalan, well a dialect from catalan and maybe to me it´s easier to understand the other latin languages. There are many words that are the same in catalan and italian (porta, parlar, finesta , sembrar etc) and different in spanish (puerta, hablar, ventana, parecer) and there are words that have a root more simillar to french or italian than in spanish too. Romanian is more like italian to me, i think is easier to heard and understand than french but french is easier to read.

I understand that from a distance is difficult to perceive the feeling that exists between Spain and Italy, but it is, there is great affinity between the Spanish and Italians, for me Rafaela Carr is like my family, I do not happen to a French artist English, or elsewhere in Europe, because Italy is well known in Spain.

Yeah...My favourite music band is Spanish (El Canto del Loco), Spain has the most similar cousine compared to Italy, Spain has the most similar culture, weather, traditions, etc. too.
When an Italian meets a Spanish they feel comfortable in most cases, you don't feel so much difference. It's difficult to explain, but we're two nations "hermanas" for many reasons. There's a great relationship of respect and admiration.

I'm Italian mothertongue and I speak Spanish fluently. I think they're the most similar languages. Maybe French is more similar than Romanian to Italian, but I don't understand so much both. Maybe Romanian pronunciation is closer to Italian, but I'm accustomed to hear French more.

My impression is that Spanish (Castilian), Italian, and to a lesser extent Romanian all sound similar.
Portuguese and French sound similar sometimes.

But lexically/in terms of vocabulary, Italian and French have a lot of similar words, and Spanish and Portuguese do too (written Spanish and Portuguese are remarkably close).

Status
Not open for further replies.

This thread has been viewed 154126 times.

Back