Do you have an "Anatolian bump" at the back of your head?

Not possible. Many pure Europeans from Europe have this occipital bun.

Oh, I quite agree that the bump is there with many Europeans, my suggestion was that the "Anatolian" part of the name might have originated from America, where many of these multiracial people claimed Turkish ancestry. This was from a time when most people in America didn't have a clue where Turkey was or how the people looked.
A similar thing happened centuries earlier in Europe with the Roma who were thought to or claimed to be of Egyptian origin.

I have never heard of it before. I don't have one. Interesting thread though. I always like learning new things.

Last edited:
Anatolian bump

I have one also and I'm partly of Anatolian Greek origin but It seems that it is a widespread phenomenon

I have one as well...
but I did read it is related to Cro-magnon people...
also I did read it is related to Paleolithic inhabitants of Europe, not to Anatolians in particular...
it is quite common in Serbia

I tend to agree. My son has an Anatolian bump. His father had one. And, we're African-American. Like most African-Americans, we're a mixture - African, French, Irish and Native American. My children have some Asian features. I'm new to this site. I've noticed several genetic references. Has anyone advise on how to go about testing?

I tend to agree. My son has an Anatolian bump. His father had one. And, we're African-American. Like most African-Americans, we're a mixture - African, French, Irish and Native American. My children have some Asian features. I'm new to this site. I've noticed several genetic references. Has anyone advise on how to go about testing?

Welcome to the Europedia forum. In internet is easy locate the genetic tests.

I have it too, I'm Anatolian. Can we suppose that Turks and Northern Europeans can have same ancestors? Because Turks have them, Swedish people has it too..?

I have the bump (I am an ethnic Georgian for at least 2 centuries Georgian only ancestry on all lines)

I have a noticeable external occipital protuberance, but it doesn't match the size or shape of the Anatolian bump. Although my immigrant ancestors arrived in the colonies in 1732 our genes have are still mostly Germanic and completely European.

This thread has been viewed 73234 times.

Back