Four questions for those who still believe in prehistoric Slavs and other fairy tales

Say the same now but for you as Polish or other Northern Slavs with same Romanticist ideas from where all of the above originate or otherwise we wouldn't have such articles and call it fairy tale, you just posted the same instead to call other nationalists,after all you hold this ideas but be sure will fall cause are against common sense.
Nope, I'm from Poland but I believe that Slavs originated farther East. I believe that we took someone else's land. I believe that probably my R1b haplogroup has nothing to do with Slavs. How is that for nationalist?!!! I'm a "nationalist" who emigrated and calls himself Citizen of the World, lol.
Once again you don't get the clues, which are in front of you, right!

I do not post anything to convince you,why should I? Is incredible how angry all of you get if one don't speak your truth hah,yet call other a nationalist.

I do not post anything to convince you,why should I? Is incredible how angry all of you get if one don't speak your truth hah,yet call other a nationalist.
Wrong, I'm not angry. Again you extrapolated your feelings on the world and you think it must be so. Your feelings are just yours! It has nothing to do how the world works, and what is truth or not. Read the clues, listen to others, stop relying on your feelings.

Who said all subclades match Slavic marker?
M458 matches Slavic Expansion almost perfectly:
Haplogroup-R1a-M458.png

And Balto-Slavic M558
Haplogroup-R1a-Y93.png

If you can read clues and can't see the big picture, you will be always lost. I'm suspecting that your nationalistic/romantic feelings are misleading your logic. It feels nice if Slavic Homeland was located somewhere in borders of Yugoslavia, isn't it? You are a Slav and Slavs were always there. What a perfect validation of your inherited rights to this part of the world. This idea gives you a nice and cosy feeling and you really want it to be true. As nice as it feels, it has a powerful misleading effect. 75 years ago most Germans believed that they were descendants of Aryans, the best warriors ever. Was it the truth? No. But it felt so good and powerful.

I remember there was another, or maybe two more, Yugoslavians, years back on Eupedia who subscribed to the same hypothesis. Interestingly, nobody else did, just few ppl from former Yugoslavia territory. It confirms my suspicions that it is based more in nationalistic and romantic feelings than on facts.

Wrong, I'm not angry. Again you extrapolated your feelings on the world and you think it must be so. Your feelings are just yours! It has nothing to do how the world works, and what is truth or not. Read the clues, listen to others, stop relying on your feelings.
Lol how you like to spin the topic,collaborate instead trying to be a psychologist,I listen the others would you like or any other on this forum to answer the questions,instead insulting others, I posted this for that not for anything else,I am asking the same for third time,this should be debunked with knowlodge not with insults.Stay on topic.

Where was the 'homeland' of Proto-Slavs in your opinion?

There was a similar thread, which also touched on Curta's position, around nine months ago, but I would like to pinpoint you to the following post of myself in particular:

You have to understand the chronology of sound shifts. In Proto-Balto-Slavic PIE *o merged to *a. Later on, Proto-Slavic did the reverse by shifting Proto-Balto-Slavic *a to *o. In contrast, the *a in modern Slavic derives from earlier Balto-Slavic long *ā. And as I said, the *a > *o sound shift in Balto-Slavic happened during the Migration Period. Latin loanwords, as I mentioned, are subject to the latter sound change. "asellus" (donkey) > "osel", "acetum" (vinegar) > "otset". The same applies to /a/ found in Germanic loanwords (in contrast, the Germanic *ō was generally rendered as *ū into Proto-Slavic ("u" in modern Slavic), whence *bōk- 'beech' yielded Slavic *buk). I might add that, to my knowledge, there's no evidence really old language contact between speakers of Proto-Slavic and Greek, which - for example - very much exists for Albanian with Greek (e.g. "mēlo" or "μηλο" > "mollë"). Now Thrace was a region that was thoroughly hellenized already from fairly early, if Proto-Slavic speakers were really present there, we should see an ancient stratum of Greek loanwords.

The same definitely did not happen in Phrygian or Thracian, as these languages preserved Proto-Indo-European /a/ and /o/ as distinct vowels. This is why neither Phrygian nor Thracian, despite being Satem languages, were supposedly close related with Balto-Slavic.

What I would like to add is that there can be no doubt is that during the classical Antiquity, the speakers of Proto-Slavic would have to be located outside of the Roman Empire. If there was, we should see place names, personal names, etc. from the Roman period in Roman sources. We don't, and Curta for one should have been aware of this, which is why his proposal is so absurd, and why its more sensible to place the Proto-Slavic homeland outside of the Roman Empire (which takes us back to Chernoles or Milograd as the most likely choices).

http://www.eupedia.com/forum/thread...d-ethnogenesis?p=460632&viewfull=1#post460632

Lol how you like to spin the topic,collaborate instead trying to be a psychologist,I listen the others would you like or any other on this forum to answer the questions,instead insulting others, I posted this for that not for anything else,I am asking the same for third time,this should be debunked with knowlodge not with insults.Stay on topic.
Sadly it is not the case, because you ignore the knowledge others present, and go with hypotheses that fit your agenda. The problem here is psychological in nature, precisely nationalistic romanticism, which blinds you.
Did you explore ideas and facts presented by others here? Did you at least posted your doubts about and weak points of Curta hypothesis. No to both. In this case we know that you don't want to explore the subject, go on exploratory journey with others, but only convince others that you are right. As such, we can't talk ethnological, archeological or genetical science here, but psychology.
Discussion with you, about Curta being wrong, is like exploring possibility of God's non-existence with devoted believer. It won't work and it is not fun for anyone.

IIRC , he states

1 - Slavic came out of the baltic language and not the other way around.............so slavic is a "dialect" of baltic

2 - Slavic origin/homeland is the modern borders of belarus and ukraine

3 - eastern slav and south slav are younger than west slav ( west-slav origin of which formed in the area as per #2 )

4- bulgars entered the balkans not speaking slav but became slavs in the Balkan

there are others ,

There is no one tribe that can be found to say ...........this tribe where the first slavs

So Mario Alinei published a book in which he tells Hungary is entitled to take Transilvania from Romania.
Because Romanians came there after Hungarians.
That is against NATO and UE rules.
Letting aside the fact that Romanians are in Romania from a lot of years (more than 2000 years,for sure) and their is no discrimination against Hungarians in Romania.
You can not invoke the idea that some people came on some land 2000 years ago,or 1000 to tell that should be removed by force from there. Or that their land should be given to another country,because of that.
Is against the rules from European Union and NATO.
It is against human rights.
Just letting you know the truth about Mario Alinei.

Now Taranis and LeBrok,I beg you,let Milan alone and talk civilized to him.

EDIT:
I am not complaining to any OECD or anti-discrimination office from Belgium.
I was just a little upset.
But,I would do something more (more meaning what I have written below and my further posts):
Taranis,you are a German.
LeBrok you are from Canada.
Maciamo,you are from Belgium.
Germany bombed together with Belgium and Canada Belgrade,some years ago.
They had as justification what inhuman acts other Serbians were doing against Kosovar Albanians.
While I do not agree with doing unhuman acts against Kosovar Albanians,bombing civilian objectives in Belgrade
is against human rights.
Now that passed. Everyone know what happened in Belgium,recently and what Germany has to suffer,because of same reason.

Now,did any Serbian came to do terrorist attacks in Germany or Belgium or Canada because of the bombings of their countries to Belgrade?
So,you are extremely wise all of you ; give whole Balkans and half of Romania to Turkey (with Transylvania to Hungary) ,see how fast people here will get brainwashed and put to go attack European Union and turn it in 2nd Ottoman Empire.

And Tesla,which brought the electrical current in your homes ,was Slav,Serbian actually. So you can use the current to call us untermenschen,diabolical,invaders and I do not know how.
Well,please show me when did some Slavs bomb your capitals and killing civilians in it,as your great states did in Serbia ?
So,who is actually unhuman ?
Who is believing you that Slavs did came and killed civilians and "invaded" in 600 AD,when Serbians did not even try to avenge,after the bombing of Belgrade?

Last edited:
Taranis' racism???
He is the only guy here who knows a thing or two about linguistics, sound changes and stuff. It is close to exact science, how these sound rules work. It is like calling mathematician or physician racist :)

Taranis have banned me in the past because I have denied South Slavs migration.
I did not complained anywhere because he banned me.
I accidentally came here and I got upset to see how Florin Curta book,which is published at an University from US,gets ridiculed.
And Florin Curta attacked and called a joke.
Taranis is an admin and he knows very well the rule that according to the forum rules,you are not allowed to attack a person.
Please Taranis,go first visit South Slavic countries and after,come and we talk again.
European Union is like a large state and very soon Montenegro and Serbia will also be in European Union.
Also,Serbia and Montenegro will also be in NATO.
And when Slovakia,Bulgaria and Croatia joined UE and NATO they got their territorial integrity guaranteed.
See that Kosovo flag got forbidden in Sweden , at Eurovision from this year (together with the flag of Crimeea state).
So,just telling you,these discussions with "the evil Slavs came and invaded Balkans and killed natives 1400 years ago,so let us just give Serbia,Slovakia,Croatia,Bosnia,Macedonia to some other country " are useless anyway.
This has the same logic as telling "let us exile all white people from Canada and US back to Europe, Africans to Africa and give back after to natives US and Canada".

Taranis have banned me in the past because I have denied South Slavs migration.
I did not complained anywhere because he banned me.
I accidentally came here and I got upset to see how Florin Curta book,which is published at an University from US,gets ridiculed.
And Florin Curta attacked and called a joke.
Taranis is an admin and he knows very well the rule that according to the forum rules,you are not allowed to attack a person.
Please Taranis,go first visit South Slavic countries and after,come and we talk again.
European Union is like a large state and very soon Montenegro and Serbia will also be in European Union.
Also,Serbia and Montenegro will also be in NATO.
And when Slovakia,Bulgaria and Croatia joined UE and NATO they got their territorial integrity guaranteed.
See that Kosovo flag got forbidden in Sweden , at Eurovision from this year (together with the flag of Crimeea state).
So,just telling you,these discussions with "the evil Slavs came and invaded Balkans and killed natives 1400 years ago,so let us just give Serbia,Slovakia,Croatia,Bosnia,Macedonia to some other country " are useless anyway.
This has the same logic as telling "let us exile all white people from Canada and US back to Europe, Africans to Africa and give back after to natives US and Canada".

Sorry, but with all respect, I did not ban you (four years ago, that is - no offense - a pretty long time to hold a grudge) for denying south slavic migration. I banned you for real life threatening the site owner, Maciamo. I think everybody can see what is wrong with that.

I'm not a racist (and before you ask, I have no problem with Slavs, Albanians or anyone), I'm merely arguing hard facts. And if Florin Curta in 2016 makes a case for something that was wrong 10 or 15 years ago and can be easily debunked (and could be debunked back then), yes, I call it that a joke.

If you are going to bomb countries because of the unhuman acts done against minorities how about you start with Turkey ?
Is there any secret what Turkish government is doing against Kurdish minority ?
And Turkey is a base member in NATO.
Turks came and conquered that area in about 1452.
However,no one ever here mentions that.
They de-nationalized the area,they did genocide against armenians, in 1900 or so.
However,no one mentions that.
Because these rules are applied when is about Slavs,but do not apply to Turks,which are,I guess "superior race".
EDIT:
Oh really,I threatened the life of Maciamo ?
I found out who Maciamo is ,only recently and as you can notice,I did not even messaged him,because as you can also see,I have not even came to this site from a lot of time ago.
As for filling a complaint to OECD or anti-discrimination office,I have better things to do in my time and I am not a revengeful person.
Besides,I do not think in imposing someone something with force.
I am not a supporter of Roman Empire,which was using this method.
Please see my post above,dear Taranis.
In which I proved with logical arguments the racial discrimination of NATO states,against South Slavs,when they bombed Belgrade.
Because Turkey is also doing far worse things against the Kurdish minority,than what some Serbians did against Albanian Kosovars and they do not even get a warning,for that.

Taranis@ Why don't you start debunking now question by question,is one of the reason I post this,and if you or Lebrok can debunk Curta please sent me link to read couple of articles of yours or to buy some book online,whether or not they will be full with insults like right now.Book with awards debunked by Taranis or Lebrok will be interesting read.

Sadly it is not the case, because you ignore the knowledge others present, and go with hypotheses that fit your agenda. The problem here is psychological in nature, precisely nationalistic romanticism, which blinds you.
Did you explore ideas and facts presented by others here? Did you at least posted your doubts about and weak points of Curta hypothesis. No to both. In this case we know that you don't want to explore the subject, go on exploratory journey with others, but only convince others that you are right. As such, we can't talk ethnological, archeological or genetical science here, but psychology.
Discussion with you, about Curta being wrong, is like exploring possibility of God's non-existence with devoted believer. It won't work and it is not fun for anyone.
Now we switch to Theology and Philosophy a bit,I have no agenda read the thread once more,go to general topic and questions.

If you are going to bomb countries because of the unhuman acts done against minorities how about you start with Turkey ?
Is there any secret what Turkish government is doing against Kurdish minority ?
And Turkey is a base member in NATO.
Turks came and conquered that area in about 1452.
However,no one ever here mentions that.
They de-nationalized the area,they did genocide against armenians, in 1900 or so.
However,no one mentions that.
Because these rules are applied when is about Slavs,but do not apply to Turks,which are,I guess "superior race".
EDIT:
Oh really,I threatened the life of Maciamo ?
I found out who Maciamo is ,only recently and as you can notice,I did not even messaged him,because as you can also see,I have not even came to this site from a lot of time ago.
As for filling a complaint to OECD or anti-discrimination office,I have better things to do in my time and I am not a revengeful person.
Besides,I do not think in imposing someone something with force.
I am not a supporter of Roman Empire,which was using this method.
Please see my post above,dear Taranis.
In which I proved with logical arguments the racial discrimination of NATO states,against South Slavs,when they bombed Belgrade.
Because Turkey is also doing far worse things against the Kurdish minority,than what some Serbians did against Albanian Kosovars and they do not even get a warning,for that.
You got infractions from all the moderators. It should tell you something...
All moderators are bad and you are the poor victim. ;)

To be honest. Nobody of us can explain stuff so patiently like Taranis, over and over again if needed. He is nice, tactful and tolerant to everyone.
I don't remember what you said to Maciamo, but he was the only person who didn't give you infraction. Must be another tolerant dude.

Now we switch to Theology and Philosophy a bit,I have no agenda read the thread once more,go to general topic and questions.
And could you point the one person on this forum who agrees with you, and is not a Slav from Balkans?

And could you point the one person on this forum who agrees with you, and is not a Slav from Balkans?

Yeah Curta is Romanian-American he also have South Slavic conspiracy just like me, and could you point anyone that agree with you without being friend of your or admin,and could you please stop spinning the subject of the thread if you can't collaborate and go on general questions, is here someone on this forum, if is Maciamo please tell something to this admin of yours this is beyond ridiculous what are they doing from this forum,while trying to tell me they debunk serious scholars.

well i do not know about West balkans which area Curta means

but the case of Karadanians (caradania-carnuntum) as also the start of writing down slavic language start around Great Moravia,
both above are facts that not a member of Forum can deny,
But i can not accept that Great Moravia is Balkans,

so Curta possibly believes that Slavs as Carantanians prexisted at balkans much before :unsure:
the known case of Carantanians is about 800 AD surely and probably they be there earlier,
but that is expands of balkans, out of balkans and i believe very late even if was 700 AD

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carantania

so we know about Alpine Slavs from 551 AD, (for some at 451) but that is outside west Balkans, although much west than can someone imagine.

I think Curta is trying to revive the old theory that Illyrians were nearly to Slavs and not to Celts

the story of emperror Valens to be from Alpine Slavs, is the most closest to Curta believes, but I believe that is a myth,
although many consider Sirmium as Slavic metropolis (motherplace-birthplace)

SO THE EXINSTANCE OF SLAVS at 5th century WEST and NORTH OF BALKANS IS NOT TO BE ARQUED,
although there is not a previous mention, by none.

Last edited:

This thread has been viewed 80929 times.

Back