Greatest Spanish contribution(s) to the world ?

What is/are the greatest Spanish contribution(s) to the world?

• Spanish food (tapas, paella, tortilla, Iberian pork, churros, etc.)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The classical guitar

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Spanish painting (Goya, Velásquez, Dali, Picasso, Miro, etc.)

• The invention of cigarettes

• The epidural analgesia

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Other (please specify)

• Total voters
Would you like to provide us with some credible references? BTW, the instrument you posted is much closer to an Eastern mandolin, not a Spanish guitar.

well, arabs are originally from eastern africa... but they have influenced some parts of the western world (ie iberia).

well, arabs are originally from eastern africa... but they have influenced some parts of the western world (ie iberia).

eastern africa... :petrified:

bfacepalms.jpg

Oh well, no need to go on...:indifferent:

i didn't express myself correctly, sorry.

i know that the arabian peninsula is the middle east. but they're next to eastern africa. that's why you also can see their ifluence in the east (like turkey).

Not much influenced. Very little. The arabs here were an extreme minority. Btw the arabs were not from eastern-africa, the arabs are from....arabia. Regards,

GOING...GOIng...GOing...gone.

And the Arabs were influenced by the Near and Far East...on and on and on. Pointless.

can we really consider the classical guitar as a "spanisn" creation? :rolleyes: after all i think it is just an evolution of the arabic guitar:
0.jpg

I think you're right: During the Middle Ages, guitars with three, four, and five strings were already in use. The Guitarra Latina had curved sides and is thought to have come to Spain from elsewhere in Europe. The so-called Guitarra Morisca, brought to Spain by the Moors, had an oval soundbox and many sound holes on its soundboard. By the 15th century, a four course double-string guitar called the vihuela de mano, half way between the lute and the guitar, appeared and became popular in Spain and spread to Italy; and by the 16th century, a fifth double-string had been added.

thank you brady, it's very conforting to see that at least one spaniard in here is not in denial, and not all iberians have weird problems assuming their masive moor heritage. (y)

Yeah, sure... Brady is a native Spaniard like Eskimos are Martians. :rolleyes:

And the clownish games go on and on. Pathetic.:useless: Only the mentally challenged take anything the LatAm brigades write here with any seriousness.

When will these patethic latino clowns going to be banned ? :useless:

thank you brady, it's very conforting to see that at least one spaniard in here is not in denial, and not all iberians have weird problems assuming their masive moor heritage. (y)

Not at all dude when you're right you're right. classic guitar isn't a spanish contribution to the world. Best regards.

Yeah, sure... Brady is a native Spaniard like Eskimos are Martians. :rolleyes:

And the clownish games go on and on. Pathetic.:useless: Only the mentally challenged take anything the LatAm brigades write here with any seriousness.

Do you have complained of ******? You're acting like one. We just posting about the classic guitar origin. That's all.

wilhelm and cambria:

none in this world should be ashamed of their origins, you should be ashamed of yourselves and take example of your iberian brother (brady) :useless:

wilhelm and cambria:

none in this world should be ashamed of their origins, you should be ashamed of yourselves and take example of your iberian brother (brady) :useless:

Well man I have to say I don't live in spain. My father is spaniard that's all and I wouldn't have brothers like those.

Another one *****...come on. By the way you're a latin too or ¿aren't you a spaniard?

i am not latin either anyways

Well man I have to say I don't live in spain. My father is spaniard that's all and I wouldn't have brothers like those.

well you have the spanish flag, that's why i suppose that you're a spaniard... i should have used "countrymen" instead of "brothers"... certainly i wouldn't like to have brothers who are ashamed of their roots either. ;)

i am not latin either anyways

well you have the spanish flag, that's why i suppose that you're a spaniard... i should have used "countrymen" instead of "brothers"... certainly i wouldn't like to have brothers who are ashamed of their roots either. ;)

No problem canek. I believe you and I can start a real chat on several topics in a well educated way. I don't have a square mind just I like to learn about culture of the entire world.

This thread has been viewed 289321 times.

Back