Guess the nationality

I'm going to guess Irish.

^^No, this one may be surprising. Keep the guesses coming. I'll post the answer about 24 hours after the initial post if no one has the correct answer.

^That's a negative as well.

hm i have seen that type in West Greece, seems like Albanian, or Greek,

same type I also seen in Austria,

No Greek or Albanian, maybe Fyrom or Montenegro

Last edited:
He has the look of many Australians, usually those of Irish or Scot descent. Looks like he has Celtic ancestry anyway, so I'll say Scottish or Spanish?

French
I guess from Northern France.
Normandy or Bretagne (Breton).

I didn't know Chicago is a nationality! But barbarian, thanks for not "letting the cat out of the bag," as I'm sure you know the photo is of professional basketball player Omer Asik, who plays for the Chicago Bulls. He was born in Bursa, Turkey so based on geography iapetoc was closest.

Last edited:
guesss.jpg
And this gentleman is?

He looks Jewish, but that doesn't necessarily help with nationality unless he is Israeli?

Yeah, my first thought was arab as well.​

yes Jew is my first thought,

is there a chance for being Spanish? from Navara area?

yes nose and head shape is leading me to Jews, Navara Spain and west minor Asia. Turkey, Cyprus,

My guess was Ashkenazi Jew from Austria.

These guesses fall in line with the purported affinity between southern Italians and Ashkenazi Jews. The gentleman is Antonino Iannazzo, mayor of Corleone, Sicily.

Smithsonian Magazine: “In Sicily, Defying the Mafia” http://www.smithsoni...-the-Mafia.html

Any other guesses?

This thread has been viewed 109043 times.

Back