I1 in Iberians

othayusjack

Reaction score
Hey!

Is there any Iberians or descendants here belonging to Haplogroup I1?

Most specifically I1-Z2535..

I am Brazilian. My earliest known ancestor is Called João Crisostomo de Araújo, born before 1870. I can't really advance any more.

I wish i could have money for the Big Y 700, but I'll get that in the future

Could this one have belonged to the Suebi? Visigoths? A Viking from Póvoa de Varzim? Or any other likely possibility? 😬

Hey!

Is there any Iberians or descendants here belonging to Haplogroup I1?

Most specifically I1-Z2535..

I am Brazilian. My earliest known ancestor is Called João Crisostomo de Araújo, born before 1870. I can't really advance any more.

I wish i could have money for the Big Y 700, but I'll get that in the future

Could this one have belonged to the Suebi? Visigoths? A Viking from Póvoa de Varzim? Or any other likely possibility? 😬
Is it possible that somewhere in your paternal side you find a connection to Italians?

I was looking at your connections to ancient finds in FTDNA and in addition to Ukraine, Hungary and England, this finding seemed to me perhaps to be a hypothesis of the origin.

Attention may have been Italian merchants from the time of Philippine rule in Portugal

Screenshot_10.png

Check this:
https://run.unl.pt/bitstream/10362/19517/1/06_Alessandrini.pdf

Hey, thanks for your reply! I checked the links you gave me, an Italian patrilinear line didn't come to my mind, but looks interesting. I thought about some hypothesis months ago, like it could have something to do with the Dutch invasion of Brazil or Englishmen who came to work in the train rail of some cities in Pernambuco ( the state of my patrilinear ancestors till now) but studying these matters, I think that probably my line comes from Northern Portugal, and really have something to do with the Germanic tribal migrations

This thread has been viewed 672 times.

Back