In Italy, north–south differences in IQ predict differences in income,

Differences in IQ cannot be done regionally, it is based individually and is not related on where you live, but how you are taught

Only my Mother is allowed to question my Intelligence (or lack of it). [emoji849][emoji848][emoji2]

Mammone! (Mama's boy) :)

Mammone! (Mama's boy) :)

And what's wrong with that, pray tell??? :mad:

Your mother is the only one who is always going to be on your side, no matter what, especially nowadays when spouses are disposed of like tissue paper.

Salento, if she ever tells you you're not using your best judgment, or highest cognitive functioning, shall we say, no matter how un-diplomatically, listen to her!:grin:

Your mother is the only one who is always going to be on your side, no matter what, especially nowadays when spouses are disposed of like tissue paper.

Salento, if she ever tells you you're not using your best judgment, or highest cognitive functioning, shall we say, no matter how un-diplomatically, listen to her!:grin:

Ain't Nothing Wrong.
I got to admit, I am too. :)

Sorry for the OT

Likewise, Italian culture seems to be de facto matriarchal. Even my dad said you should always love your mother more.

Yes, de facto mums are those who "wear the pants" at home.

Likewise, Italian culture seems to be de facto matriarchal. Even my dad said you should always love your mother more.

And mine. :) The only thing he absolutely would not tolerate was disrespect to her, in particular, even more than to him. It goes the other way as well.

Once, after more than the necessary amount of alcohol, we and a bunch of people at a party began to play a parlor game on the order of, who would you save first if they were drowning. My husband immediately said, me first, this is so easy: first her children, then her mother, then it's a toss up between her father and me, but I think it would be her father first. He had accepted the order long ago, probably because he was Italian too. There was none of that nonsense I see here where fathers can be jealous of the priority given to children.

Yes, this is off-topic, but this is such a terrible thread that there's a lot of temptation to discuss something more sane. Let's all control ourselves from here on in. :)

That's a fals perspective because people has a tendency to put all misery of the world to the difference of social status and specifically money. But money is juste one of those points. Because if richs are on average with an highest IQ, it doesn't mean that if everybody had the same income that everybody would be intelligent, it would be worst because if people grow with the idea that we are all the same, when low IQ gonna figure it out individually that they are not the same has high IQ, but without a contre-exemple like for exemple know third world, the world would become way more unfair and elitic than know. The real link is, that rich intelligent people can go to school because of there money, but intelligent poor people either cant because of money, or because difficult life give them another road in life. In fact, we could say that money, helps people to get what they want, but not that if every human has the same culture and social status, they would be same, actually when that gonna happend because of internationalist, religious or social-democrat people, racial segregation gonna be in a paroxysme, because if culture cant explain difference only nature can. So people should calm the **** down with their humanisme or is gonna for sure, people, for sure become a pervers effect.

I'm a mama's boy

Last edited:
All west Eurasians are similar enough genetically to the point that we can conclude that any collective difference in behaviour is not due in large part to a difference in genetics, but in culture and other factors.

by the Bronze Age, genetic differentiation
between pairs of West Eurasian populations had reached its present-day low levels:
today, FST is ≤0.025 for 95% of the pairs of West Eurasian populations and ≤0.046 for all
pairs. These results point to a demographic process that established high differentiation
across West Eurasia and then reduced this differentiation over time.

That's specially true between any pair of European populations, its ridiculous to claim that genetics are the cause for a north-south difference in Italy, they're all the same, descended from the same set of populations.

indo1.png

I'm open to the idea that differences in traits and behaviour across human populations can be in some part genetic, but how much is this genetic distance between Europeans ? between north and south Italians ?

What a surprise that people with less education, less social and professional incentives to become qualified and less access to cultural/scientific gains have both smaller IQ and smaller income. These kinds of studies and "findings" are always confusing correlation with causation...

This thread has been viewed 64762 times.

Back