J-YP5438 the year 1700BCE

EngelhornRon

Reaction score
What does a German, Turk, Albanian, Sardinian, and Bulgarian all have in common? J-YP5438...(1637BCE) so what does that mean?

The next step these all break-up:

German J-FTC79873 (950BCE)
Bulgarian J-FTC79873 (950BCE)

Turk J-FTA62661 (1181BCE)

Sardinian J-YP5429 (750CE)

Albanian J-YP5434 (1034BCE)
Turk J-YP5434 (1034BCE)

If I was to draw a circle on a map of the are 1000BCE it would include:

Phrygians, Lycians, Ionians, Dorians, Macedonians, Thracians, Illyrians, Proto-Dacians........if I understand haplogroups corrrectly all of these men must be from one of these tribes?

If German and (former) Ottomans have it
It's likely Jewish
We are not sure when we got to southern Germany, we have a paper trail to Hockenheim in the 1400's, legend says we were ancient weavers from Switzerland?
In the 1500 and 1600's we were burgermeister meisterburgers, tax collectors, and built the oldest inn in Hockenheim.

If German and (former) Ottomans have it
It's likely Jewish
He would have at least somebody from Israel or Middle East in his branch. If the other members with the same haplogroup are Circassian, Bulgarian, and Sardinian then this line could've separated very early on, either with Neolithic farmers or Bronze Age people (some Caucasian Hunter-Gatherers joined Steppe people).

Also, from what I know Sardinians are/were very isolated group of people. So that even further solidify my theory.

Last edited:
He would have at least somebody from Israel or Middle East in his branch. If the other members with the same haplogroup are Circassian, Bulgarian, and Sardinian then this line could've separated very early on, either with Neolithic farmers or Bronze Age people (some Caucasian Hunter-Gatherers joined Steppe people).

Also, from what I know Sardinians are/were very isolated group of people. So that even further solidify my theory.
My research is starting to show it might have been that Bronze Age migration of Eastern Anatolian people. Matches in Turkey, Sardinia, Albania, Bulgaria and Germany. If I start to see matches in Cyprus and Crete that would further back up this theory.

Screenshot 2023-09-16 202122.png

Really interesting branch. The Bronze Age Collapse lead to massive population movements, so its anyone's guess what cultural complex the original culture of the father branch belonged to.

Is there anyone on this site that knows the Sardinians origin in Anatolia?

I believe Sardinians are 82% Anantolian?

This Anatolian component is none other than the Neolithic DNA that entered Europe with the agricultural revolution more than 6,000 years ago. It remains in that highest percentage in Sardinia, but is equally present in all European populations

Did you check with this Bulgarian person that's closest to you if he/she did autosomal? I assume he or she will come closer to the exact early Neolithic site on those G25 vahaduo calculators than you, because present day Bulgarians kept more ancient Balkan/Anatolia DNA.

Did you check with this Bulgarian person that's closest to you if he/she did autosomal? I assume he or she will come closer to the exact early Neolithic site on those G25 vahaduo calculators than you, because present day Bulgarians kept more ancient Balkan/Anatolia DNA.
I do not know who this Bulgarian is? All I know is his results are on FTDNA.

Is it possible all these lines are from Aromanians?

Or did this migration and split happen before the Roman Empire??

Is it possible all these lines are from Aromanians?

Or did this migration and split happen before the Roman Empire??
I mean, its not impossible. You just have to understand that Aromanians are basically paleolithic-Balkan people (more or less). They did not move from Italy to Balkans.

However, they share a major part of genetics with Roman period population of Italy because of Neolthic farmers migrations from Balkan to Italy that occured somewhere in between of 3000 - 6000 BC, like @Stuvanè said.

Okay using FTDA Globe Trekker and Time Tree I have found my line connects to 5 ancient sites via DNA, one is from a confirmed Jewish cemetery, but not sure if the other are Jewish?

ULICA 3743 - Zadar, Croatia 82-210CE (shared ancestor 5050BCE)
SALARIA 115 - (Necropolis site) Salaria Rome, Italy 1BCE-200CE (shared ancestor 4700BCE)
TROGIR 3665 - (Dragulin site) Trogir, Croatia 124-217CE (shared ancestor 5200BCE)
BOGAZKOY 24 - Corum Province, Turkey 130-190CE (shared ancestor 5200BCE)
Erfurt 13870 - (Jewish Cemetery) Erfurt, Germany 1270-1400 CE (shared ancestor 5200BCE)
Bragdzor 16546 - 950-750 BCE (Bragdzor Cemetery) Hobardzi, Armenia (shared ancestor 5200BCE)
Doghlauri 15 - 3016-2886 BCE Shida Kartli, Georgia (shared ancestor 5850BCE)
Devret Hoyuk 7079 - Amasya, Turkey 2570-2351 (shared ancestor 5850BCE)
Megiddo 4519 - Zikhron Ya'akov, Israel 1516-1436 (shared ancestor 5850BCE)

Now these ancient connections are on my FTDNA Time Tree / Globe Trekker but are years apart at different levels and lines.
I do share an ancestor with all of these samples, but thousands of years ago at from different paths.

Last edited:

This thread has been viewed 2643 times.

Back