J-YP5438 the year 1700BCE

Okay using FTDA Globe Trekker and Time Tree I have found my line connects to 5 ancient sites via DNA, one is from a confirmed Jewish cemetery, but not sure if the other are Jewish?

ULICA 3743 - Zadar, Croatia 82-210CE (shared ancestor 5050BCE)
SALARIA 115 - (Necropolis site) Salaria Rome, Italy 1BCE-200CE (shared ancestor 4700BCE)
TROGIR 3665 - (Dragulin site) Trogir, Croatia 124-217CE (shared ancestor 5200BCE)
BOGAZKOY 24 - Corum Province, Turkey 130-190CE (shared ancestor 5200BCE)
Erfurt 13870 - (Jewish Cemetery) Erfurt, Germany 1270-1400 CE (shared ancestor 5200BCE)
Bragdzor 16546 - 950-750 BCE (Bragdzor Cemetery) Hobardzi, Armenia (shared ancestor 5200BCE)
Doghlauri 15 - 3016-2886 BCE Shida Kartli, Georgia (shared ancestor 5850BCE)
Devret Hoyuk 7079 - Amasya, Turkey 2570-2351 (shared ancestor 5850BCE)
Megiddo 4519 - Zikhron Ya'akov, Israel 1516-1436 (shared ancestor 5850BCE)

Now these ancient connections are on my FTDNA Time Tree / Globe Trekker but are years apart at different levels and lines.
I do share an ancestor with all of these samples, but thousands of years ago at from different paths.
Those two should be proper Dalmatians (Roman era).

I have the Bulgarian I share J-FTC79873, his name is Nino Dimitrov from Kovachevtsi, Tryavna, Bulgaria. Kit #778957. His YDNA is a match with #MI38161 Gergi Dragonov 1801 from Kovachevtsi, Tryavna, Bulgaria.
There DNA:
13/22/15/10/13-14/11/15/12/14/12/31
My DNA:
13/22/16/10/13-14/11/15/12/14/11/31

Wow!

You might wanna anonymize the data before sharing, it might be a privacy issue.

I have the Bulgarian I share J-FTC79873, his name is Nino Dimitrov from Kovachevtsi, Tryavna, Bulgaria. Kit #778957. His YDNA is a match with #MI38161 Gergi Dragonov 1801 from Kovachevtsi, Tryavna, Bulgaria.
There DNA:
13/22/15/10/13-14/11/15/12/14/12/31
My DNA:
13/22/16/10/13-14/11/15/12/14/11/31

Wow!
Perhaps ask mr Dimitrov and mr Draganov to share autosomal data from GED Match with you. You could do two things:

1) You could ask them for GED Match kits numbers if they did autosomal tests, then you run Eugenes K36 coordinates over, after which you simulate them to G25 coordinates, and then run some of those ancient population calculators over their (and your) coordinates, and if you are lucky enough you would share a sample from ancient Mediterranean population together.

2) On GED Match run tool to compare two kits (your and theirs) by chomosomes, then find segments and chromosomes you share, then you run oracle ancestry test on entirety of your chromosomes. This will give you roughly what ancient ancestry you share (Neolithic farmers, Western Hunter-Gatherers etc)

Reading the Bulgarian history is seems Bulgarians are a mixture of Turk Bulgars and Slavic tribes, so could our ancestor in the year 950BCE have been one of the arriving Turk Bulgars?
I believe Turk Bulgars were J2a....

Reading the Bulgarian history is seems Bulgarians are a mixture of Turk Bulgars and Slavic tribes, so could our ancestor in the year 950BCE have been one of the arriving Turk Bulgars?
I believe Turk Bulgars were J2a....
They have a lot of Thracian and Greek genetics, barely any Turkic or Bulgar (but its still there), and sizeable amount of Slavic.

But they were still Dalmatians, unless Dalmatian tribes perished or were resettled elsewhere

Dalmatians were greatly reduced first by the Romans and then the Slavs. We have already seen that Roman era Dalmatia had some DNA that wasn't like the illyrians prior, southern like DNA close to south Italians, Greeks, Anatolians etc. Also J2a has nothing to do with illyrians

Last edited:
Dalmatians were greatly reduced first by the Romans and then the Slavs. We have already seen that Roman era Dalmatia had some DNA that wasn't like the illyrians prior, southern like DNA close to south Italians, Greeks, Anatolians etc. Also J2a has nothing to do with illyrians
And what does if not J2a? R1b?

I am hoping some of you can explain how Haplogroups work in relation to race and nationalities

On the FTDNA Time Tree is shows dates and haplogroups, as you go backwards in time it seems to add more countries / people.....what exactly does this mean?

Let's say I go back as far as 3000BCE, I'm "catching" people from Saudia Arabia, Qatar, Turkey, Albania, Georgia, Bulgaria, Sardinia, etc.... does this mean one certain ancient tribe split apart and travelled then left descendants in all these lands?

To make it as plain and easy as possible......some dude thousands of years ago left Anatolia or the Caucasus and traveled west stopping in many countries / lands and some of his descendants continued to travel to far away lands, sound right?

I am hoping some of you can explain how Haplogroups work in relation to race and nationalities

On the FTDNA Time Tree is shows dates and haplogroups, as you go backwards in time it seems to add more countries / people.....what exactly does this mean?

Let's say I go back as far as 3000BCE, I'm "catching" people from Saudia Arabia, Qatar, Turkey, Albania, Georgia, Bulgaria, Sardinia, etc.... does this mean one certain ancient tribe split apart and travelled then left descendants in all these lands?

To make it as plain and easy as possible......some dude thousands of years ago left Anatolia or the Caucasus and traveled west stopping in many countries / lands and some of his descendants continued to travel to far away lands, sound right?

Sounds about right.

Its kind of like with phone numbers. You got many numbers starting with cipher '1' but one is '12345678', another can be '12345111', and so on. They don't even need to have the same amount of ciphers. First number would be logically '1', next could be '11', then '12', and so on. They could also be issued on another date, depending on when they emerged.

So lets say you got 11, a code for certain country, and then you have regions for that country ranging from 10 to 99. Its logical to have more (or at very least equal number) phone numbers under 11, than 1110 or 1199 separately. Same is with haplogroups and subbranches. That's why the earlier branches have more people from different country under it, and that's why younger branches are more specific, more recent, and have people from more specific regions.

This thread has been viewed 2643 times.

Back