Major new paper on Bulgarian Y-chromosomal haplogroups.

Because Scandinavians spread it to Germans first.

Why do you think that? Germans have a little more I1 diversity than Scandinavians... just walk down the I1 tree and notice that the outliers are more likely to be typically German than typically Scandinavian.

I always thought that name Bulgars stands for Volgars -tribes from river Volga? Just a classic cyrillic/latinic misinterpretation of letter B.

I always thought that name Bulgars stands for Volgars -tribes from river Volga? Just a classic cyrillic/latinic misinterpretation of letter B.
Very interesting, Volgars=Bolgars

I really don't see where the Thracians would have got their I1 from. They were not of Nordic or Germanic origin.

Besides, the percentage of I1 is completely in line with that of neighbouring regions:

- Serbia = 6% of I1
- Northern Greece = 5.5%
- Macedonia = 3%
- Romania = 2%
- Albania = 2%

i wrote a thread about how most I1 in Europe probably is not from Germans or Scandinavianshttp://www.eupedia.com/forum/thread...to-Germany-never-happened?p=411397#post411397.

If many Germanic Scandinavians descended from the Nordic bronze age culture migrated through modern day Germany just 2,700-2,000ybp like history tells us. Modern Germans and the Germanic tribes should have had Scandinavian I1a2 but from what i have read they dont. They have mainly I1a1, I1a3, I1a4, and I1b so what this means is the I1 in Germany cant come from a recent migration from Denmark or Scandinavia. Also if the I1 throughout Europe 1-5% came from migrating Germanic tribes why isn't R1b U106 spread across Europe that was the main Germanic haplogroup. We know for a fact the Germanic Anglo Saxons conquered England that is why Germanic R1b U106 is the most popular Y DNA haplogroup in England today at the same rate as it is in Germany and the I1 in England is mainly from Vikings that is why it is I1a2 but some is also I1a1, I1a3, I1a4, I1b. The Anglo Saxons migrating around the same time those Germans migrated to eastern Europe and the Anglo Saxons came from a similar source as those Germans then why dont we find R1b U106 with I1 in eastern Europe and since I1 is so spread out in Europe and that the subclades in most of Europe are not the Scandinavian I1a2 all of this means is it did not come from Scandinavians or Germans and that I1 is a very ancient European haplogroup probably from the Paloithic age and that is why ll modern Europeans have at least a little bit. Also that Scandinavians where probably founded by just one of many I1 people and their sucblade is I1a2 and since I1 is so popular iN Germany but from what i have read they don't have the Scandinavian I1a2 subclades then that means Germans in the Neolithic, Mesolithic, and maybe Paloithic age had mainly I1. also that the first Scandinavians who probably had I1a or I1a2 migrating from Germany and Denmark at least 10,000ybp

i wrote a thread about how most I1 in Europe probably is not from Germans or Scandinavianshttp://www.eupedia.com/forum/thread...to-Germany-never-happened?p=411397#post411397.

If many Germanic Scandinavians descended from the Nordic bronze age culture migrated through modern day Germany just 2,700-2,000ybp like history tells us. Modern Germans and the Germanic tribes should have had Scandinavian I1a2 but from what i have read they dont. They have mainly I1a1, I1a3, I1a4, and I1b so what this means is the I1 in Germany cant come from a recent migration from Denmark or Scandinavia. Also if the I1 throughout Europe 1-5% came from migrating Germanic tribes why isn't R1b U106 spread across Europe that was the main Germanic haplogroup. We know for a fact the Germanic Anglo Saxons conquered England that is why Germanic R1b U106 is the most popular Y DNA haplogroup in England today at the same rate as it is in Germany and the I1 in England is mainly from Vikings that is why it is I1a2 but some is also I1a1, I1a3, I1a4, I1b. The Anglo Saxons migrating around the same time those Germans migrated to eastern Europe and the Anglo Saxons came from a similar source as those Germans then why dont we find R1b U106 with I1 in eastern Europe and since I1 is so spread out in Europe and that the subclades in most of Europe are not the Scandinavian I1a2 all of this means is it did not come from Scandinavians or Germans and that I1 is a very ancient European haplogroup probably from the Paloithic age and that is why ll modern Europeans have at least a little bit. Also that Scandinavians where probably founded by just one of many I1 people and their sucblade is I1a2 and since I1 is so popular iN Germany but from what i have read they don't have the Scandinavian I1a2 subclades then that means Germans in the Neolithic, Mesolithic, and maybe Paloithic age had mainly I1. also that the first Scandinavians who probably had I1a or I1a2 migrating from Germany and Denmark at least 10,000ybp
Exactly, deciphering migration of Germanic tribes by their DNA is not that easy. Many people struggle to figure out genetic markers of East germans with Goths included. Where they so different genetically from Scandinavians and West Germans?

Exactly, deciphering migration of Germanic tribes by their DNA is not that easy. Many people struggle to figure out genetic markers of East germans with Goths included. Where they so different genetically from Scandinavians and West Germans?

we know the goths and east germans came from the same german roo as west germans they would have had Mainly R1b s21 also alot of I1a1, I1a3, and I1a4 but mainly R1b s21. I dont see R1b s21 with I1 in most of Europe so i dont think it is from Germans

we know the goths and east germans came from the same german roo as west germans they would have had Mainly R1b s21 also alot of I1a1, I1a3, and I1a4 but mainly R1b s21. I dont see R1b s21 with I1 in most of Europe so i dont think it is from Germans

You are wrong there are no any proves that East and West Germanic people came from the same root. Furthermore, there are many reasons to believe that R1b-U106 folks have not been authentic Germanic people but were Germanized by R1a and I1 and I2 folks.

Concerning the origion of East Germanic people here's a piece from HISTORY OF THE WARS, III. (PEOCOPIUS OF CAESAREA)

There were many Gothic nations in earlier times, just as also at the present, but the greatest and most important of all are the Goths,
Vandals, Visigoths, and Gepaedes. In ancient times,
however, they were named Sauromatae and Melan-
chlaeni ; and there were some too who called these
nations Getic. All these, while they are distinguished
from one another by their names, as has been said,
do not differ in anything else at all. For they all
have white bodies and fair hair, and are tall and
handsome to look upon, and they use the same laws
and practise a common religion. (For they are all
of the Arian faith, and have one language called
Gothic ; and, as it seems to me, they all came origin-
ally from one tribe, and were distinguished later by
the names of those who led each group. This
people used to dwell above the Ister River from of
old. Later on the Gepaedes got possession of the
country about Singidunum 2 and Sirmium, 3 on both
sides of the Ister River, where they have remained,
settled even down to my time.

This thread has been viewed 72011 times.

Back