Movie : The World according to Bush

Maciamo

Veteran member
Admin
Reaction score
Ethnic group
Italo-celto-germanic
It's simply incredible all we can still find after Fahrenheit 9/11 in other similar movie like The World According to Bush.

In this movie (which you really should see if you haven't yet), it is pointed out that :

- it was the first time in American history that 2 businessmen (Bush & Cheney, both in the oil industry), become President and Vice-President of the United States.

- Dick Cheney, resigned from his CEO position at Halliburton, the world's leading oil company, just one week before becoming Vice-President, keeping $45 million in stocks.

- All business contracts with occupied Iraq have to pass through the construction and energy company KBR, a subsidiary of Halliburton.

- Dick Cheney's wife (Lynne V. Cheney) is member of the board of directors of Lockheed-Martin, one of the largest armement company in the world, and didn't resign as her husband became Vice-President and regociated contracts between that company and the government. This too is totally "unusual" in modern American history.
I found, however, that she had now resigned from this position, at least officially, probably due to the mediatization of this obvious conflict of interest.

- Karl Rove, Bush's principal advisor, is a stockholder of Boeing, which in additional to airliners makes the Apache helicopters, Tomahawk cruise missiles, etc.

- Paul Wolfowitz was a consultant to Northrop-Grumman, maker of the F-18 bombers used in Iraq.

- Donald Rumsfeld and Colin Powell sat on the board of Gulf Stream Aerospace Corp.

- Rumsfeld was also a director of ABB, a company that sold nuclear reactors to North Korea.

- Richard Perle (that of of the movie's interviewee consider one of America's 3 most dangerous men), another advisor to the Bush administration in the Pentagon, is one of the partners of Trireme Partners, which is one of the main stockholders of Boeing's Defense Division.

- In the 2 years since 9/11, Northrop-Grumman has increaed its sales by 60%, Boeing by 30% and Lockheed-Martin by 25%. The Los Angeles Times estimates that "no previous presidency has done a tenth of what occured under George Bush. Not a single one."

- Prescott Bush, grand-father of President "Dubbia", acted as a private banker for Hitler and the Thyssen family during the 1940's. While his son George H.W. was fighting the Japanese in the Pacific, Prescott moved money for the Nazi. All the business managed by Precott Bush were seized by the US government for cooperation with the Nazis. One of these companies exploited prisoners in concentration camps. That did not prevent him from becoming Senator and his son and grandson presidents.

The movie also confirm Fahrenheit 9/11's message that the Bush family had long business relations with the Bin Laden, that Bush Sr. and ex-Defense Secretary Carlucci were at the head of the Carlyle group which controlled several major armements companies, while Bush Jr. was starting the war in Afghanistan and Iraq.

Last edited:
I have been dying to see this film ever since a friend of mine in Australia told me about it last July. She loved it and said it was even better than Fahrenheit 9/11.

We had a brief thread about it earlier called "Documentary," but the information you compiled in your post is fantastic! Here is what I posted about it in the other thread:

Here's some good info. about the Bush family:

The Best Enemies Money Can Buy:

http://www.fromthewilderness.com/free/ww3/carlyle.html

Also, check this out:

http://www.fromthewilderness.com/free/ww3/index.shtml

Fascinating site!!

I'm just appalled at what those people did to this country and to the rest of the world--and all for profits. Really sickening. And to think they want four more years within which to do even more damage! :eek2:

I did find it better than Fahrenheit 9/11, because it looks more serious. They also don't interview any ordinary citizens or soldiers' families, don't really talk about the war itself, but concentrate on the politicians, their business connection and the infamous role of the Saudi royal family in bribing politicians and lawyers in Washington for decades.

Maciamo said:
I did find it better than Fahrenheit 9/11, because it looks more serious. They also don't interview any ordinary citizens or soldiers' families, don't really talk about the war itself, but concentrate on the politicians, their business connection and the infamous role of the Saudi royal family in bribing politicians and lawyers in Washington for decades.

That sounds so much better than Fahrenheit. Plus, no one can claim propaganda with this one!

Also, here's the web site with movie trailer, if anyone is interested:

French documentary called The World According to Bush, with movie trailers:

http://www.flachfilm.com/film.php?id_film=79&lang=en

:cool:

I also think it is better, because this one is very serious and really shows the insane things happening under the Bush administration. One thing that really hit me was how they exposed the wife of Joe Wilson, the guy who was sent to Niger and denied in his report any links of nuclear material with Iraq. His wife was an operative in the CIA for 20 years, and they gave up her identity just like that. If they will hurt their own, imagine the rest. Very frightening.

Duo said:
One thing that really hit me was how they exposed the wife of Joe Wilson, the guy who was sent to Niger and denied in his report any links of nuclear material with Iraq. His wife was an operative in the CIA for 20 years, and they gave up her identity just like that. If they will hurt their own, imagine the rest. Very frightening.

Especially that Joe Wilson was not just anybody, but a former ambassador and the last American diplomat to meet with Saddam Hussein

This thread has been viewed 887 times.

Back