Proto-Greeks

Status
Not open for further replies.
I do not think is the Albanians,
especislly the high or abroad educated ones,

but certain Albanian circles,
we all know who.

No proof.....just more crap mixed with conspiracy theories and certain circles. Albanians do not share your views....you lack proof....and let’s not forget the old saying in the Balkan “never trust a Greek” so in this context you need to provide a lot of proofs.

Sent from my iPhone using Eupedia Forum

No proof.....just more crap mixed with conspiracy theories and certain circles. Albanians do not share your views....you lack proof....and let’s not forget the old saying in the Balkan “never trust a Greek” so in this context you need to provide a lot of proofs.

No need,
as you notice in the thread,
I am not the one who is saying or spreading Lies,
so all Balkans know who has Besa, and has not,

cause if you also believe that Achilles was a Pelasgian hero,
then you have no difference.

Pre-Greeks ( Pelasgians ) spoke similar language with pre-Romans ( Etruscans ) as historians of that time witnessed, but even without the statements of ancient authors we know that,

-Etruscan language is written RTL (13,000+ inscriptions)
-Lemnian (Pelasgian) language is written RTL (Lemnos steele)

Both with quite similar alphabets ''pre-Greek''

Phonology of letters in ancient Greek language from Babiniotis. http://5dim-tavrou.att.sch.gr/lexiko_bambinioti.pdf
Β=*μπ / Γ=*γκ / Δ=*ντ / Ζ=*dz / Υ= germ. *ü / Χ=*kh

Although these are not the only letters with different phonology,
Letter was also in use from Etruscans, and when we put Albanian language in the equation of
''pre-Gr'' / ''pre-Latin'' / ''early-Gr'' / ''Albanian''
then we have some interesting results, if we take in consideration that

*Θ = DH or D

*Χ = KH

-Etruscan letter ''X'' in the word Romaχ is Romakh ( Alb. Romak)
-Etruscan word ''ΧΙΜΘ'' (one hundred) becomes KHIMD or KHIND ( Alb. Qind).
-Etruscan word ''ΘU'' which is translated as ''Two'' from Z.Mayani and not ''One'' becomes DU (Alb. Dy - Gr. Dyo) Z.Mayani noticed that this word is found in more inscriptions and words starting with it, like ''ΘULUTER'' , if the meaning is ''one'' then it's not worth to mention, he linked this word with the Illyrian ''Dimalium''
suggesting that Dy=2 -Mal= mountain .Alb '' Two mountains'' and so Θuluter = Dy - lutes which means '' Two prayers''
etc,etc

Same rules on pre-Greek terms such as mythology, toponyms but even words of Greek language are again interesting when Albanian is in the equation, always *Θ = dh / d
Alb. Gr.
Dheus > Theos
Dhea > Thea
Deti > Thetis
Do > The
barDHe > parTHeno / parTHenon (= White / because of the marbles )
emaDHia > emaTHia
DHessaly > THessaly
DHesprotia > THesprotia
amalDHia > amalTHia
Dera > THira
erDHa > irTHa
enDe > anThos
Dra > THraso
etc,etc,

So Cavalli Sforza's method for Albanian as the oldest IE brunch should not be named wrong from those who have never studied Albanian.

@Yetos
ἢ τὰν ἢ ἐπὶ τᾶς - Doric
ja tan ja mbi të - Geg. Alb

Lab

YOU ARE SO IGNORANT

THAT YOU CAN UNDERSTAND THE DIFFERENCE AMONG IE AND ETRUSCAN

ALL THAT READ YOUR POST UNDERSTAND YOUR STUPIDITY

KEEP MAKING YOUR SHELF RIDICULOUS
BY POSTING SUCH EVIDENCES OF YOUR OWN WILL
THAT THINGS SHOULD BE.

Goebels would envy you

cause NEITHER ΘΕΟΣ NEITHER ΔΙΑΣ NEITHER DIO
Are Pelasgian words,
BUT IE,

As for Dheus
Do Not pass us as stupid, Albanian God is Zog

and I report to moderators that you keep spaming stupidities,
and have an agenda,

BUT WHAT CAN SOMEONE EXPECT
FROM ONE WHO DOES NOT KNOW THE DIFFERENCE AMONG LARISSA Thessaly and LARISA Troados
the one who can not understand the Difference among York in Britain, and new York in America.

or from one who baptise 3000 years Achilles after as Pelasgian,
Forgeting that he was a Myrmidon, for 3000 years,

what morality and besa this man have?
simply None,

No need,
as you notice in the thread,
I am not the one who is saying or spreading Lies,
so all Balkans know who has Besa, and has not,

cause if you also believe that Achilles was a Pelasgian hero,
then you have no difference.

Topic where proto-Greeks form... Epirus or else??? This is the questions....Achilles and the rest is not under question here.....don’t change the subject.....if you have proof share....

Topic where proto-Greeks form... Epirus or else??? This is the questions....Achilles and the rest is not under question here.....don’t change the subject.....if you have proof share....

Blevins

I am not changing subject, and not push,

you understand exactly,

Blevins

I am not changing subject, and not push,

you understand exactly,

Nothing more to say here....you make insults to Albanian for not sharing your views about whereabouts formation of proto Greeks, I get infracted....go figure???

Nothing more to say here....you make insults to Albanian for not sharing your views about whereabouts formation of proto Greeks, I get infracted....go figure???

Blevins,

If you have scientific and correct evidences,
no need,

if you have crap, facultated, and stupid cheap tricks,
then you will be always insulted,

sience without virtue,
it is a sophisticated HOAX
and LAB is a charlatan,

Besides
he only proves that Albanian language is foreign to South Balkans,

Angela deal with this individual, he does not stop insulting Albanian member in this forum....just because they do not buy his theories that proto-Greeks were formed in Epirus. The person that presents a theory as a fact without any prove is a charlatan.....

On the post below there is a statement saying that if someone wants to argue that Albanian can be linked with Etruscan we have to demonstrate the change of D , DH > Θ.
https://www.eupedia.com/forum/threa...cans-albanians?p=370714&viewfull=1#post370714
This change can be traced easily in words which are coming from pre-Greek language ( Pelasgian )
Etruscans and Pelasgians spoke similar languages as historians mentioned, with similar alphabets and both wrote RTL.

That means words are found in Greek language today including letter Θ can be replaced with D or DH.
One of these words is the toponym of Emathia ( Ημαθια )
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emathia

Emathia & Epirus , two toponyms found next to each other explained by the same method through Albanian language always considering that the greek Θ can become D or DH.

emathia > emadhia / e Madhia = of the Great ( land )
epirus > epiros / e Piros = of Piros ( land )

Something that is quite logic when we notice that Alexander the great during his journey eastwards found many cities and he named them by his own name, Alexandroupolis in Greece, Alexandria in Egypt and many others, so the use of their names to the territories they ruled it must have been something to show who had authority in those lands. Piro of Epirus had family bonds with Alexander so he followed the same way by naming his territory by his name. Hence Emathia & Epirus.
In the 15th century AD the Albanian national hero Gjergj Kastrioti was entitled as King of Epirus & Prince of Emathia, they also say that Ottomans named him Iskander Bey ( Alexander the Great ) because they believed that the real Alexander was of Illyrian origin rather than Greek.

With few words.. if greeks want to argue that their language originates either in Epirus or Emathia then they must be ready to accept that their language and furthermore the term 'Ελλην' are somehow coming from the language that originally named those territories.

p.s
The greek aspect is that Epirus = endless ( απειρος ) and Emathia = sandy land ( from PIE *samadh ).
You choose what to believe.

On the post below there is a statement saying that if someone wants to argue that Albanian can be linked with Etruscan we have to demonstrate the change of D , DH > Θ.
https://www.eupedia.com/forum/threa...cans-albanians?p=370714&viewfull=1#post370714
This change can be traced easily in words which are coming from pre-Greek language ( Pelasgian )
Etruscans and Pelasgians spoke similar languages as historians mentioned, with similar alphabets and both wrote RTL.

That means words are found in Greek language today including letter Θ can be replaced with D or DH.
One of these words is the toponym of Emathia ( Ημαθια )
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emathia

Emathia & Epirus , two toponyms found next to each other explained by the same method through Albanian language always considering that the greek Θ can become D or DH.

emathia > emadhia / e Madhia = of the Great ( land )
epirus > epiros / e Piros = of Piros ( land )

Something that is quite logic when we notice that Alexander the great during his journey eastwards found many cities and he named them by his own name, Alexandroupolis in Greece, Alexandria in Egypt and many others, so the use of their names to the territories they ruled it must have been something to show who had authority in those lands. Piro of Epirus had family bonds with Alexander so he followed the same way by naming his territory by his name. Hence Emathia & Epirus.
In the 15th century AD the Albanian national hero Gjergj Kastrioti was entitled as King of Epirus & Prince of Emathia, they also say that Ottomans named him Iskander Bey ( Alexander the Great ) because they believed that the real Alexander was of Illyrian origin rather than Greek.

With few words.. if greeks want to argue that their language originates either in Epirus or Emathia then they must be ready to accept that their language and furthermore the term 'Ελλην' are somehow coming from the language that originally named those territories.

p.s
The greek aspect is that Epirus = endless ( απειρος ) and Emathia = sandy land ( from PIE *samadh ).
You choose what to believe.

and the madness,
call me paranoia
continues,

what conection has this

Epirus234bc.jpg

ΑΠΕΙΡΩΤΑΝ

With this

ΠΥΡΡΟΣ

Only Paranoia
can explain

ThMonEpirLeag001.jpg

Απειρωταν not E Πυρρος

f16.jpg

ΑΠΕΙΡΩΤΑΝ APEIROTAN

images

ΑΠΕΙΡΩΤΑΝ APEIROTAN

PS

really wonder what connection has Epeiros HΠειρος Apeiros in their dialect, which also means Chaonia, Chaos land, eternal land
with Πυρρος Pyrros which means fire- Firehaired,
:unsure: :unsure: :unsure:

Oh I founded,
in some peoples mind Epiros comes Pyrrha Πυρρα And Δευκαλιων Deucalion
:grin:

@Yetow

Yes ancient coins with ΑΠΕΙΡΩΤΑΝ on them, do you understand what does that word means?
The official etymology in Greece is ΑΠΕΙΡΩΤΑΝ = απειρος χωρα ( endless land )
So that means that the word is composed from 2 words ΑΠΕΙΡΟ ( endless ) + TAN ( land ).
So the Doric word 'Tan' means 'land' in this case..

But you give a different explanation for the quotes below where the word is considered as the modern fem. article 'Την'

τάν ἢ ἐπὶ τᾶς > ( ταν = την )

δῶς μοι πᾶ στῶ καὶ τάν γᾶν κινάσω ( ταν = την )

This author writes about the Illyrian origin of Spartans,

The passing of the great race; or, The racial basis of European history. 4th rev. ed., with a documentary supplement, with prefaces by Henry Fairfield Osborn
by Grant, Madison, 1865-1937; Osborn, Henry Fairfield, 1857-1935
https://archive.org/details/passingofgreatra00granuoft
He links the Doric/Spartan word 'Ταν' with the word 'Tan' of Geg. Albanian.
And the meaning of the above quotes gain a slightly different meaning from what you give.

f.e
'' Η ταν η επι τας '' - Doric
'' Ja tan ja mbi të '' - Albanian .geg

The exact meaning through Alb. is
ja tan = ''or whole''
( we understand that this had to do with leaving the battle without any body parts being cut off, arms,legs or even big cuts from a sword
that would result in slow death from the non-existence of doctors and medicine..no injuries = whole/intact )

ja mbi të = ''or on top of it ''
( on top of it means ''dead'' it's almost the same with the greek '' επι αυτης '' and it has to do with burial methods )

So the expression means '' Or whole or dead '' , they preferred death rather than surviving with big injuries ( slow and painful death ) , and it is more logic than the greek explanation which makes no sense at all, only because you translate the Doric word 'Tan' as article.

In the 2nd quote ' Ταν Γαν ' means exactly '' the whole earth '' and not '' -the earth- ''
Doric >>>>> Γα ------ ΓαΝ -------- Ταν ΓαN

new Gr. >>>> Γη ------ την Γη ---- ολη την Γη

Alb - >>>>>>
Dhe -----DheuN --- Tan DheuN

@ LAB

you are stuck with a stupid idea.

Ή ΤΑΝ ¨Η ΕΠΙ ΤΑΣ,

means with her(Shield), or above her

above shield,
cause heroes-Honored by fellow warriors when they carry them above their shield,

Doric had strong A
cause comes from NW Greek dialects

see Athena Αθηνα

Κοινη Koine
AΘηνα Athena and article THN ΤΗΣ (ΟΥ-ΤΗΝ, Αυ-ΤΗΣ)

ΝW Greek, Doric
ΑΘΑΝΑ Athana And article TAN ΤΑΣ (OΥ-ΤΑΝ Αυ-ΤΑΣ)

Ατtic Ionian
ΑΘΗΝΗ Athene Article THN ΤΗΣ

the rest are crap.
a co-insidence of sound simmilarity
that in the brain of some show something

as for the second,
καὶ τὰν γᾶν κινάσω

Doric
και ταν Γαν κινασω

Koine
και την ΓΗΝ κινησω

so what are you talking about? hunting a ghost is called obsession with a ghost !!!!!!!

ps
you have just make a simple common, ordinary dialect diference.
to what?
A facultate stupidity, to a stupid idea,
I wish you to find peace,
cause all your life you will hunt a ghost,
that never existed

@Lab
σκληρον σοι προς κεντρα λακτιζει

so if it was
σκληρα σοι προς κεντρα λακτιζειν
or
σκληρον σοι προς κεντρον λακτιειν

which is the Albanian part?

female article κοινε
H
ΤΗΣ
ΤΗ
ΤΗΝ
Ω

In primitive Doric NW Greek
A
TΑΡ
ΤΑΣ
ΤΑΝ
Ω

what Albanian 'ja Tan'?
more simple archaic Greek can not be,

WATCH

koine
ΗΠΕΙΡΩΤΩΝ

NW GREEK
ΑΠΕΙΡΩΤΑΝ

early Doric
Απειρωτων

simple Greek dialectal differences.
the rest are crap from obsession
your obsession

See your post #71
and tell us what common has Απειρωταν with ΠΥΡΡΟΣ
ΝΟΝΕ,
but you post crap, just to make impressions,

Pathetic,
I believe the rest Albanian forum members do not share your obsession,

PS2
For your Information
the Celtic Gaulish shield maker is
taneur tanner etc
maybe tan and shield is the same?
and Spartan women were Gauloises!!!

bah stypidity is endless

Last edited:
That's it.

Thread is closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

This thread has been viewed 46072 times.

Back